PDA

View Full Version : Police Target Jomtien Complex as Bars Try Midnight Closing

Manforallseasons
March 19th, 2022, 10:18
https://www.pattayamail.com/news/midnight-closing-for-jomtien-gay-bars-torpedoed-392772

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 10:22
WTF? CoVid only comes out after 11pm, or something?

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 10:41
WTF? CoVid only comes out after 11pm, or something?you mean "because COVID" isn't a popular excuse for something in Canada too?

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 10:45
you mean "because COVID" isn't a popular excuse for something in Canada too?

Nah, Canada is pretty much open nowadays, I think at least. It's not like I go wandering the city streets pub crawling very often anymore, so don't really know.

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 11:05
Nah, Canada is pretty much open nowadays, I think at least. It's not like I go wandering the city streets pub crawling very often anymore, so don't really know.So COVID in Canada isn't spread by being in a crowd of people whose behaviour may be less inhibited because of alcohol then? What variant is that called?

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 11:17
Nah, Canada is pretty much open nowadays, I think at least. It's not like I go wandering the city streets pub crawling very often anymore, so don't really know.However until this month many Canadian provinces or cities had similar regulations to Pattaya (and indeed the rest of Thailand). Is your argument therefore that Thailand must change its regulations to follow the rest of the world, they are not entitled to govern themselves?

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 11:47
Is your argument therefore that Thailand must change its regulations to follow the rest of the world, they are not entitled to govern themselves?

Exactly, everyone should do what Trudeau says. Otherwise, Gretzky comes out.

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 11:48
Nah, Canada is pretty much open nowadays, I think at least. It's not like I go wandering the city streets pub crawling very often anymore, so don't really know.fFor your supplementary question in "why Thailand isn't Canada" is the percentage of the adult population of Canada who are double vaccinated with an effective vaccine - that is not cheap Chinese junk - and have ha a booster shot, greater or less than the adults population of Thailand who are double vaccinated with an effective vaccine - that is not cheap Chinese junk - and have ha a booster shot? Away you go, Canadian Matt. Your answers please

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 12:54
fFor your supplementary question Canadian Matt. Your answers please It seems Matt we weren't playing Mastermind but the Biggest Loser - and you won

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 13:01
It seems Matt we weren't playing Mastermind but the Biggest Loser - and you won

You bet, you big winner, you! Time to put on the lipstick, get out the dress, and dance like it's 1999!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjU1sZTERk&t=1m

gerefan2
March 19th, 2022, 14:12
Amazing thread!

Started by a poster who has told us many times that Jomtien is on his “No Go” list.

Replied to by someone who was kicked out of Thailand years ago and is still barred from returning.

Commented on by another poster who has been to Jomtien ..twice?!

As a mere tourist I am of course unqualified to comment but I happened to be there the night they came. Very low key and nothing like the pics in the article. And who are the concerned residents?? The people living upstairs i.e. hotel residents and bar owners! TiT

Finally they comment about 10 bars being open. A few weeks ago I counted the number of places (bars) selling booze as I walked through the place. It’s now up to 25!

Newspaper hype. Not quite the Sunday Times but the same principle.

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 16:31
Amazing thread!

Started by a poster who has told us many times that Jomtien is on his “No Go” list.

Replied to by someone who was kicked out of Thailand years ago and is still barred from returning.

Commented on by another poster who has been to Jomtien ..twice?!

As a mere tourist I am of course unqualified to comment but I happened to be there the night they came. Very low key and nothing like the pics in the article. And who are the concerned residents?? The people living upstairs i.e. hotel residents and bar owners! TiT

Finally they comment about 10 bars being open. A few weeks ago I counted the number of places (bars) selling booze as I walked through the place. It’s now up to 25!

Newspaper hype. Not quite the Sunday Times but the same principle.Amazing Thailand gerefan2

Newbie99
March 20th, 2022, 03:12
So…. What happened at Jomtien Complex?

gerefan2
March 20th, 2022, 04:45
Midnight closing tonight... Bangkok police gone back. TIT.

Blueskytoday
March 20th, 2022, 20:45
Well do you really need to be out after midnight??? Not moi

thaiophilus
March 21st, 2022, 00:57
Second helpings :)

dab69
March 22nd, 2022, 11:08
Well do you really need to be out after midnight??? Not moi

They're drunker later...

StevieWonders
March 22nd, 2022, 14:15
They're drunker later...Also the guy will likelier settle for a lower price, having not got a punter in the bar earlier