PDA

View Full Version : The Russians are Leaving

Kenny
March 19th, 2022, 02:31
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2278503/thousands-of-russians-scramble-to-leave-thailand-as-sanctions-hit

In a spillover impact of the war in Ukraine, Russian tourists are leaving Thailand in droves.

Those unable to leave are trapped by the effects of sanctions on their credit cards and the crashing Rouble exchange rate.

dab69
March 19th, 2022, 06:55
more bad news for business in Thailand.

Newbie99
March 23rd, 2022, 06:20
How many Russians used to go to Jomtien Complex? I never saw one...

latintopxxx
March 23rd, 2022, 10:39
what a stramge comment, as if Jomtien is all of Pattaya...and is if Russians can be spotted a mile away by their fashion sense ....

Manforallseasons
March 23rd, 2022, 11:35
what a stramge comment, as if Jomtien is all of Pattaya...and is if Russians can be spotted a mile away by their fashion sense ....

They can be spotted as they always walk with a beer in their hand but these days Russians in Pattaya are few and far between, nothing like it used to be.

latintopxxx
March 23rd, 2022, 12:31
...are u sure u not getting confused with UK louts...

Andy
March 23rd, 2022, 13:24
How many Russians used to go to Jomtien Complex? I never saw one...

I use to stay at East Suits and recently years Jomtien was my favorite place to hang out. Especially Q.M. and Q.M.2 (Divarium) bars.

Andy
March 23rd, 2022, 13:32
They can be spotted as they always walk with a beer in their hand but these days Russians in Pattaya are few and far between, nothing like it used to be.
Russian rednecks and Russian gays are incorrect to compare. Russian gays are an oppressed social group in their own country and a vacation in Thailand was a breath of fresh air for them.

Mancs
March 23rd, 2022, 18:56
I got the impression the Russians were staying - with no money and no bank cards that worked.

a447
March 23rd, 2022, 20:31
Some posts here relating to the "Brink of War" thread have been moved there.

Dboy
March 24th, 2022, 10:22
I suspect this will only be a short-term problem for the Russians. As the Russia-China-India alliance solidifies over time, and as Thailand continues to be slowly pulled into the China orbit and away from the US, Russians will return. The ones who bought property in Pattaya are probably really happy they did. They'll just AirBnB them until they can get back. For those who don't know, Pratumnak Hill is their preferred area. There are also many "Russian" girls (who are actually from Belarus and Moldova) who (before the Great Global Plague anyway) worked on the dinner boats anchored in Pattaya bay. Many of them lived in the apartments and hotels around Soi Day Night, and the condos behind Friendship.

Manforallseasons
March 24th, 2022, 14:44
At least the topic is not called “The Russians Are Coming “ !

alvnv
March 24th, 2022, 20:11
Russian rednecks and Russian gays are incorrect to compare. Russian gays are an oppressed social group in their own country and a vacation in Thailand was a breath of fresh air for them.

Oppressed? In Russia?

alvnv
March 24th, 2022, 20:17
As the Russia-China-India alliance solidifies over time, and as Thailand continues to be slowly pulled into the China orbit and away from the US, Russians will return.
Russia-China-India alliance? What’s next? Turkey-Iran-Israel alliance?

alvnv
March 24th, 2022, 20:22
There are also many "Russian" girls (who are actually from Belarus and Moldova) who (before the Great Global Plague anyway) worked on the dinner boats anchored in Pattaya bay.
Where do “Russian” boys work in Pattaya? Will they too be switching to rubles?

Moses
March 24th, 2022, 22:39

Ruble - is Russian currency, but "Russian" girls are from Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus, so it should be lei, hryvnas and Belarusian rubles.

alvnv
March 25th, 2022, 00:09
Ruble - is Russian currency, but "Russian" girls are from Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus, so it should be lei, hryvnas and Belarusian rubles.
Sorry, I forgot that there are no Russian prostitutes (or, dictators for that matter). All Russian girls are virgins before they get married and all Russian boys are straight macho men. That’s why there are no Russian guides on Siam Roads, right? It has nothing to do with the state of gay rights in Russia.

Moses
March 25th, 2022, 01:43
Sorry, I forgot that there are no Russian prostitutes (or, dictators for that matter). All Russian girls are virgins before they get married and all Russian boys are straight macho men. That’s why there are no Russian guides on Siam Roads, right? It has nothing to do with the state of gay rights in Russia.

Why no? They are exists, but prices in Thailand are quite low for Russian boys. It the same like French or British prostitutes - they have no reason to work in Thailand - they earn more in home city.

And if you will mess with Siamroads - I will kick you from forum. It is one only warning, don't expect second one. This forum is alive because SiamRoads pays for it.

Patanawet
March 25th, 2022, 02:18
And if you will mess with Siamroads - I will kick you from forum. It is one only warning, don't expect second one. This forum is alive because SiamRoads pays for it.
My my --- censorship.

Moses
March 25th, 2022, 02:45
My my --- censorship.

Why not? It is private forum for public use. We have 3.2.3, 3.2.11 and 4.8 in our rules (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?15945-Posting-rules-amp-guidelines).

There is proverb in my country, in direct translation: "The person who pays to orchestra, has rights to order music".

Andy
March 25th, 2022, 03:55
Why no? They are exists, but prices in Thailand are quite low for Russian boys. It the same like French or British prostitutes - they have no reason to work in Thailand - they earn more in home city.

Сan argue with that. European "working" boys have a big advantage over Asian boys in Thailand because they are very rare. I believe that gay expats who are too fed up with Asians will pay much more for a boy of European appearance. So I think they will still have a certain advantage.

Moses
March 25th, 2022, 04:02
Сan argue with that. European "working" boys have a big advantage over Asian boys in Thailand because they are very rare. I believe that gay expats who are too fed up with Asians will pay much more for a boy of European appearance. So I think they will still have a certain advantage.

Well. Why argue? It is enough to visit Silom soi 4 or Jomtien and try to find there Russian, British, French, German or Czech boy within Vietnamese, Cambodian and Laotian boys. Even Thai are minority in some places.

StevieWonders
March 25th, 2022, 05:32
I've both seen and been approached by Caucasian working boys on Grindr in Bangkok. The fist one I bothered to interact with said he was Russian. That was three years ago
I suggested it was a "coals o Newcastle situation. I understand here's a market for Caucasian gay prostitutes in some rich Thais

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 05:48
I've never had a white hooker. Should give it a try some day.

Not sure though, as don't know if they could meet the sweet and calming traits of Thais.

StevieWonders
March 25th, 2022, 07:12
I've never had a white hooker. Should give it a try some day.

Not sure though, as don't know if they could meet the sweet and calming traits of Thais.Given your blind state Matt, how will you know if they're black, white or brown, 10 years old or 50 years old?

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 07:41
Given your blind state Matt, how will you know if they're black, white or brown, 10 years old or 50 years old?

Well, telling whether or not they're Thai is pretty easy. Just tell them, "bpai lot! sow wow!". If they're Thai, I'm sure they'll make sure to let you know.

Dodger
March 25th, 2022, 08:29
European "working" boys have a big advantage over Asian boys in Thailand because they are very rare.

Agree.

I hooked up with a young Russian boy (Grigory) that I met in a bar in Sunee Plaza who was the first European boy I had ever hit the sack with. He was adorable:... blond hair/blue eyes, slim, scrumptious little bubble-butt , with a huge bulge highlighted inside his snug fitting jeans...mmmmmm!

His personality matched his good looks and we hit it off from the very beginning. He was clearly here working...never mentioned money to me...we partied together all night the first time we met...did the wild thing back in my room...got together on two more occasions before he returned to his home somewhere near St. Petersburg.

Right or wrong, I tipped him twice as much as I normally tipped the Thais. My thinking at the time is that he traveled all the way from Russia to strut his stuff in Thailand, and was way above average both in looks and performance - so a larger tip was in order He was worth every satang.

francois
March 25th, 2022, 10:58
Right or wrong, I tipped him twice as much as I normally tipped the Thais. My thinking at the time is that he traveled all the way from Russia to strut his stuff in Thailand, and was way above average both in looks and performance - so a larger tip was in order He was worth every satang.

First time I heard of paying a boy in Satang.

Keith
March 25th, 2022, 15:29
Last time I was in Bangkok, I found an Iranian guy on the apps. He was great, nice guy, good sex!

Dboy
March 25th, 2022, 21:31

If I knew, I wouldn't tell. They're hot as fsckk. Never seen one "working", but have run into a few quite young Russian in various places around town. Met one at Sansuk several years ago, and another on a baht bus. I believe they are generally very careful so sadly not seen in Sunee or the Complex. They do exist tho.

Daveuk
March 26th, 2022, 13:37
Several years ago there was many Russians in Pattaya and the Thais quickly learnt how to make signs in the language. Probably today they are non existant.
On Walking Street I’m told there was a girlie Gogo staffed by Russian girls, who were by all accounts adept at collecting customer’s cash. The majority of Russian tourists were in family groups but there was some single hot gay males who were often found in the Sansuk around the pool wearing revealing speedos, but I never came across one in the maze although I would have liked to.

gerefan2
March 26th, 2022, 13:50
Their usual hang out was Serene Bar in BT.

pong
March 26th, 2022, 14:17
Several years ago there was many Russians in Pattaya and the Thais quickly learnt how to make signs in the language. Probably today they are non existan.

Russky are as able as Thai to find some pocket baht: more likely is they taught/showed the Thai (most not overly adapt at learning non-ASEAN languages in general) how to write it and what to advertise. From an awful long time ago I even remember being offered a free meal by some Thai if I would write in my language some advertsing sign-way before that google-translate was there. Russky has some special phrasing for some items. No idea about actual situation in Patters.
Having seen the nrs of tourists in the late pandemic situation I was surprised very much in how much % there were Russky among them.

a447
March 26th, 2022, 16:37
Back in 2012 in a report on a trip to Pattaya I wrote about a boy bar on Walking Street called Good Guys. The majority of customers were Russian women. (But they catered to gays, too).

And as a sign of the times, one boy was clutching a Thai-Russian phrasebook.

Chinese later took over.

Huncsabi
March 26th, 2022, 18:33
Several years ago there was many Russians in Pattaya and the Thais quickly learnt how to make signs in the language. Probably today they are non existant.
On Walking Street I’m told there was a girlie Gogo staffed by Russian girls, who were by all accounts adept at collecting customer’s cash. The majority of Russian tourists were in family groups but there was some single hot gay males who were often found in the Sansuk around the pool wearing revealing speedos, but I never came across one in the maze although I would have liked to.

I had some nice russian guys in the Sansuk

Nirish guy
March 26th, 2022, 20:01
Their usual hang out was Serene Bar in BT.

Aye until they tried to take over there as well and ruined it in the process - must be a Russian thing - always wanting to take over other places - and then ruining them .....funny that eh...

latintopxxx
March 27th, 2022, 01:25
....pot call the kettle black....NORTH irish?!?!

Nirish guy
March 27th, 2022, 03:28
....pot call the kettle black....NORTH irish?!?!

?? Well considering that I was born here and my ancestors have lived here, exactly where I still live for well over 350+ years and probably a lot more than that actually I’m not quite sure of your point. We’re hardly taking over anyplace we already lived for centuries. Perhaps your understanding of Irish history of various clans such as the Cruthin leaving here for Scotland and coming back again etc is somewhat limited so I’ll just have to put your comment down to that I guess.

latintopxxx
March 27th, 2022, 11:36
nah..just saying...u lot crossed the ditch and stole what wasnt yours...just because u held onto it for 300+ years doesnt make it yours...theft /plunder/murder/genocide doesnt fade with time...

Dodger
March 27th, 2022, 15:10
nah..just saying...u lot crossed the ditch and stole what wasnt yours...just because u held onto it for 300+ years doesnt make it yours...theft /plunder/murder/genocide doesnt fade with time...

You must be referring to America.

cdnmatt
March 27th, 2022, 15:26
You must be referring to America.

Or Canada. Anytime the indians have a mood swing here, they just sit on the railroad tracks for a while, the government gives them several hundred millions and politely tells them to get the fuck off the tracks, and life resumes as normal.
b

Nirish guy
March 27th, 2022, 17:48

Thanks for confirming that you obviously didn't actually read my post at all and also confirming your somewhat limited understanding of actual irish history and not just repeating the Sinn Fein Irish history for Americans / for dummies 101 version. I'll leave you to it, it's to nice a day outside to bother.

PS the Thread is about Russsians leaving Thailand.......do try to keep on track ......