PDA

View Full Version : Songkran Not Same Same!

Manforallseasons
March 18th, 2022, 14:50
https://tpnnational.com/2022/03/18/thai-covid-center-holds-major-meeting-about-covid-19-restrictions-and-songkran-here-is-the-full-recap/

gerefan2
March 18th, 2022, 15:56
That’s very disappointing. In short all restrictions remain, bars and Gogo bars still remain closed.
Test and go remains...
The dreaded Thai Pass and all that it involves remains...

The only, very minor, good thing is the dropping of the RT /PCR test prior to departure.

Rather sad reading after the hype. It’s not going to raise tourists numbers at all.

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 16:01
That’s very disappointing. In short all restrictions remain, bars and Gogo bars still remain closed.
Test and go remains...
The dreaded Thai Pass remains...

The only, very minor, good thing is the dropping of the RT /PCR test prior to departure.

Rather sad reading after the hype.

When are you heading back to claim your Ukrainian toy boy?

gerefan2
March 18th, 2022, 16:03
When are you heading back to claim your Ukrainian toy boy?
Up to me !!

Dodger
March 19th, 2022, 08:47
It's all what you make it!

Personally I much preferred the past two Songkrans to those of the past, and hope this one is the same.

The celebrations I witnessed (and participated in) in Buriram, Bang Saray, and Pattaya last year were fine with me. Plenty of small groups of shitless boys around getting mau and splashing water...without all the insane acts you see mostly involving drunk farang. This year should be even better because there are plenty of gay bars posing as restaurants open which weren't in operation the last two years.

Grab a boy (or boys) you like...head to a bar where other boys are celebrating...party your ass off...go home and get laid...and do it all over again the next day. Follow this same routine until Songkran 2022 is over and leave the complaining to others.

Mancs
March 20th, 2022, 01:00
From Khaosod English

Songkran Water Splashing Now OK But With Masks, ATK Tests & At Designated Areas Only
BANGKOK -- The government on Saturday relaxed its original dry Songkran policy by announcing that permit will be given to some organisers to allow water splashing though revellers must wear sanitary masks all the time and have ATK tests to prove that they're not infected with COVID-19.
Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Admistration (CCSA) said organisers must seek permits from the government first an alcohol will be banned in the designated areas. He added the areas seeking permits must in an open and spacious area and ensure that it’s not too crowded.
(This is a confusing but developing story and may be updated without notice.)

Dboy
March 26th, 2022, 02:12
The extreme water splashing thing really does annoy me sometimes, BUT it's a great way to meet new friends. Just have to embrace the insanity.

StevieWonders
March 26th, 2022, 06:19
The extreme water splashing thing really does annoy me sometimes, BUT it's a great way to meet new friends. Just have to embrace the insanity.I think of you more as a golden showers guy