PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya's Bar Economy Coming Back to Life.

Dodger
March 14th, 2022, 13:55
It looks like the str8 bars are reopening a bit faster than the gay bars, with the exception of those posing as restaurants. Hopefully this forward momentum will light a much needed spark to put the buzz back in the gay scene again.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattayas-bar-economy-coming-back-to-life-392134

gerefan2
March 14th, 2022, 14:12
I believe you are correct. I would wager that Jomtien (full of “restaurants”) is probably making more than it has done since Covid started. There are even new bars opening as we speak.

Boyztown will remain moribund until GOGO bars reopen (if ever).

As for Sunee...it’s all been said before.

We need to get used to the “new normal” for Gay Pattaya.

StevieWonders
March 14th, 2022, 14:22
I believe you are correct. I would wager that Jomtien (full of “restaurants”) is probably making more than it has done since Covid started. .There's always Yupins I suppose

latintopxxx
March 15th, 2022, 01:51
gerefan...stop being silly.....whoring is the oldest profession ever invented....ofcourse gogo bars will reopen...

paperboy
March 15th, 2022, 02:39
i could never understand how this resturant, survived . this long. Owner boring and rude, maybe homophopic too, the food over priced and low standard. and boring. The service was always cold. so he ho, thats my thouthts

Mancs
March 15th, 2022, 05:44
i could never understand how this resturant, survived . this long. Owner boring and rude, maybe homophopic too, the food over priced and low standard. and boring. The service was always cold. so he ho, thats my thouthts

If you mean Yupins, the one time I went I found the owner pleasant and welcoming, the food good and the price ok, and the staff efficient and thoughtful.

jvt22222
March 15th, 2022, 09:39
Totally agree with MANCS comment.

Daveuk
March 15th, 2022, 14:54
I agree also with MANCS comment also.

On You Tube I see many channels devoted to the bar scene in Pattaya with most trying to push limits while showing slutty females and ladyboys. It would seem that bars catering for the majority str population are recovering well. However the gay scene, which I would visit for, seems stil rooted in depression, with perhaps the exception of the Jomtien Complex. Perhaps it’s still too soon to make a visit to re-acquaint myself with Asian boys.

StevieWonders
March 15th, 2022, 15:23
I agree also with MANCS comment also.

On You Tube I see many channels devoted to the bar scene in Pattaya with most trying to push limits while showing slutty females and ladyboys. It would seem that bars catering for the majority str population are recovering well. However the gay scene, which I would visit for, seems stil rooted in depression, with perhaps the exception of the Jomtien Complex. Perhaps it’s still too soon to make a visit to re-acquaint myself with Asian boys.
Is that what Cameron is attempting with his bars in Silom Soi 4 - turn them into the worst of Pattaya? I think it was Rupert Murdoch who said “You will never go broke underestimating public tsste

poshglasgow
March 16th, 2022, 22:06
If you mean Yupins, the one time I went I found the owner pleasant and welcoming, the food good and the price ok, and the staff efficient and thoughtful.

Agree with Mancs. I had two good visits on the two occasions I visited. I saw no evidence of 'homophobia'. I will visit again.

poshglasgow
March 16th, 2022, 22:26
Agree with Dave UK.

I too have stumbled upon a plethora of breeders' films on You Tube, featuring their traditional shagging dens in 'Wanking' Street, Soi 6 and Soi Buakhao. I have yet to find informative, current shoots featuring the more discerning establishments in Pataya, that cater for mature gentlemen seeking male company and polite conversation, in anticipation of an evening of nocturnal gymnastics. Perhaps I'm not typing in the correct YT search engine request, but I'm afraid to, for fear of what I may unearth!!

I've written to the Pope to ask him to have a word with the big guy upstairs to help move along the repeal of all entry requirements for long-haul visitors to Thailand. He texted back: buy me a pint in @Home bar and I'll think about it.

lonelywombat
March 22nd, 2022, 07:52

paperboy back again knocking a restaurant he got refused service in and has carried a telegraph pole on his back ever since.
this is personal bile as proven from his earliest comments . you only have to look at the photos of the well known regulars that frequent to realise you must have fucked up your relations and still after 10 years, still pouring out nasty comments.
one person left out and doing his best to ruin a great dining place where he is still not welcome. all the regulars are there but not you.

StevieWonders
March 22nd, 2022, 08:23
I've written to the Pope to ask him to have a word with the big guy upstairs to help move along the repeal of all entry requirements for long-haul visitors to Thailand. Meanwhile entry rquirements to Upstairs remain unchanged: death is still essential

Newbie99
April 3rd, 2022, 22:06
Any reports on Boyztown? Dead or alive? Worth the 10 baht ride?

francois
April 3rd, 2022, 22:19
Any reports on Boyztown? Dead or alive? Worth the 10 baht ride?

Yes, Boyztown is alive! Shows on the soi most nights and Boyz,boyz,boyz has some sort of boy shows inside but just what I don't know as they just started.
Sunee Plaza quiet but Diamond Bar and Winner Bar are open (outside) for drinks as is One Bar and Green Bar.

bazzabear
April 7th, 2022, 01:53
been using yupins quite regular when i am over there , must say found the place and staff very good and mr yupin will often go round to the tables and ask if things are all ok ,food ok and fairly reasonable too