PDA

View Full Version : Flights to/from Russia during the war

aot871
February 27th, 2022, 23:19
Is thailand still allowing flights from Russia or is the Thai airspace closed to them

Moses
February 27th, 2022, 23:44
Is thailand still allowing flights from Russia or is the Thai airspace closed to them

Don't wait for any strong reaction. ASEAN is "thoughts and prayers" mode https://thethaiger.com/news/asean/asean-offers-thoughts-and-prayers-to-the-people-of-ukraine-opinion

No one ASEAN country supports any Western sanction.

aot871
February 28th, 2022, 00:32
Moses I forgot u are a Putin supporter, The thais like most Asians are only interested in money , not peoples lives

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 00:45
Moses I forgot u are a Putin supporter, The thais like most Asians are only interested in money , not peoples lives

Sanctions aren't supported by ASEAN countries, but supporter is me? Well...

gerefan2
February 28th, 2022, 01:26

A quick look at Bangkok Airport Departures shows Aeroflot flight SU 273 to Moscow departed on time this morning at 00.29

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 02:00
A quick look at Bangkok Airport Departures shows Aeroflot flight SU 273 to Moscow departed on time this morning at 00.29

There are only 2 flights from Moscow per week to Bangkok, and 5 flights per week to Phuket, all by regular flights of 3 Russian companies. There are also small number of charter flight weekly from another 3-4 companies... situation isn't like before virus (about 60 flights per week only to Bangkok)

Because of these stories about Thai PCR false positive reports tourist flow switched to Egypt, Cuba and Turkey

Patanawet
February 28th, 2022, 10:27
From Thaiger today (Monday)----
Aeroflot, Ural Airlines and S7 Airline planes are still arriving on schedule in Thailand today as nothing has changed, thus far, as flights into Thai airports from Russia are concerned.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/russian-flights-keep-arriving-in-thailand-for-now

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 10:33
Look at who the Thai PM has been since the military coup in May 2014.

Wouldn't worry about him punishing Russia for anything.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 10:39
Look at who the Thai PM has been since the military coup in May 2014. Wouldn't worry about him punishing Russia for anything.If (big IF), you regard Russia as a kleptocracy, then Thailand and Russia potentially have a lot in common

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 10:45
If (big IF), you regard Russia as a kleptocracy, then Thailand and Russia potentially have a lot in common

I would never dare think such a thing!

Russia is a shining light for a government by the people, for the people, and you only need to look at Putin's actions to know he's truly a leader for the people and doesn't tolerate corruption. A true modern day Robin Hood he is.

Chuai-Duai
February 28th, 2022, 14:09
What do Thais call Ukraine? I spoke to a Thai friend in Pattaya via Facetime last night. He had no idea what I was talking about and he wasn't aware of any war. He knows all about Russia as he shares many Thais dislike of Russian tourists who, he said, are all thieves and liars.

a447
February 28th, 2022, 14:42
....Russian tourists who, he said, are all thieves....

I once met a very hot Russian arse bandit in a Sunee bar.

He was gorgeous!!

I look forward to a lot more of them coming to LOS.

Manforallseasons
February 28th, 2022, 15:17
No loss as the Russians in Pattaya were rather I’ll mannered and were seldom seen without a bottle of beer in their hand while in the street and thought nothing of bringing the beer into a restaurant.

Andy
February 28th, 2022, 15:36
No loss as the Russians in Pattaya were rather I’ll mannered and were seldom seen without a bottle of beer in their hand while in the street and thought nothing of bringing the beer into a restaurant.

I hope you don't think that all Russians are like that? Especially those who are related to the topic of this forum?

a447
February 28th, 2022, 16:55

"the" Russians, or some Russians?

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 17:09

You always know you're talking to someone with a high level of intellect when they nonchalantly paint 145 million people with the same brush.

Manforallseasons
February 28th, 2022, 17:48
You always know you're talking to someone with a high level of intellect when they nonchalantly paint 145 million people with the same brush.

I never realized there are 145 million Russians in the Pattaya I referred to!

Dodger
February 28th, 2022, 18:15
I once met a very hot Russian arse bandit in a Sunee bar.

He was gorgeous!!

I look forward to a lot more of them coming to LOS.

I'm not sure if it's the same guy or not, but going back 9 or 10 years there was a HOT Russian money boy who hung around Sunee who was a knockout...early 20's...slim...blond hair...liked skin tight jeans...and preferred top. So did I, so we flipped a coin. He won. He was hung like a thoroughbred racehorse - with more stamina than the energizer bunny. I hobbled around like Walter Brennan for several days after that...but would jump in bed with him again in a minute.

a447
February 28th, 2022, 19:54
Hmm......yes, it could be him. I met him in the Queens Bar.

Mind you, I've seen a lot of hot Russian guys over the years, on Walking Street, on song thaews and just out and about.

Unfortunately, they were with their wives!

treats9102
February 28th, 2022, 20:21
Don't wait for any strong reaction. ASEAN is "thoughts and prayers" mode.

I agree. And I don't have to mention the tepid reaction to the military takeover in Myanmar.

And that's why I was surprised to read, just five minutes ago, this from the New York Times:

Singapore announced on Monday that it was imposing sanctions on Russia. The country’s minister for foreign affairs, Vivian Balakrishnan, announced in Parliament that Singapore “will also block certain Russian banks and financial transactions connected to Russia.” Singapore has rarely acted to impose sanctions on other countries without a binding U.N. Security Council decision, he said, but “given the unprecedented gravity of the Russian attack on Ukraine,” Singapore would act in concert with “many other like-minded countries to impose appropriate sanctions and restrictions against Russia.”

No mention of flight bans, though.

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 09:23
Those who find Twitter useful should head to RUOligarchJets which tracks in real time the movements of the private jets owned by Russia's oligarch chums of Putin

a447
March 1st, 2022, 12:59
Some posts unrelated to this topic have been moved to the "The Brink of War? topic.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22626-The-Brink-of-War&p=288454#post288454