PDA

View Full Version : Boyztown Coming Alive ?

Dodger
February 21st, 2022, 15:32
Has anyone here visited Boyztown lately?

According to Barry Kenyon's article below it appears that life may be returning. Different venues...but better than nothing:

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-boyztown-shakes-off-its-ghost-town-image-390059

goji
February 21st, 2022, 15:52
I doubt Barry Kenyon has visited both Jomtien and Boyztown recently. I have and prefer Jomtien. There's also far more choice in Jomtien.

He holds the minority view that Boyztown is better. Most customers have voted with their feet and Jomtien attracts far more people now. They can't all be wrong.

christianpfc
February 21st, 2022, 16:47
From my recent visits (begin and end of Jan 2022), walking throught the three areas at nighttime I counted or estimated the following numbers of people:

Sunee 13 and 21 (Nice boys not included as I can't see from the street), that would be boys, customers and staff combined.
Boyztown estimated 50.
Jomtien estimated 100-500 (depending on the time of the night). Divarium alone had about 10 staff and 20 customers.

gerefan2
February 21st, 2022, 17:50
I posted this on another forum which has a similar thread...

“ Mr Kenyon describes Jomtien Complex as “ a group of same-same open street bars“.

Has he ever been there?! No mention of the numerous good restaurants (none open in BT)... 4 large hotels, all fully open, (maybe one in BT).

Does he realise there are about 15 bars, several show venues, as well as 3 or 4 massage places in Jomtien? This as opposed to a mere 5 bars currently open, no show venues (ok a street show) and one massage place in BT.”

I see no reason to change anything I wrote there.

goji
February 21st, 2022, 17:51
Christian's numbers are about right, although he must have been to Sunee on a busier night. I have seen customer numbers down in single figures (excluding Nice Boys).

I've counted between 40 and 50 people several times in Boyztown. Although there have been nights with fewer people, but I didn't hang around to count them.

At times, there have been more than that in just Sun and Home bar.

Dodger
February 21st, 2022, 19:03
In fairness to Barry, I think he did a pretty good job describing the gay scene(s).

Hell, he's not even a homo.

StevieWonders
February 21st, 2022, 19:49
Hell, he's not even a homo.Just lends a hand when needed?

dab69
February 21st, 2022, 20:02
Pikkys is located where?
More info needed.

goji
February 21st, 2022, 20:14
Pikkys is located where?
More info needed.

Pikkys is the small bar between Serene and Castro

gerefan2
February 21st, 2022, 20:35
Pikkys is the small bar between Serene and Castro
Was Oscars bar before it closed a few years ago.

London68
February 23rd, 2022, 11:53
I have visited Boyztown for the last 3 nights..they are getting a fair amount of customers..The street show is very good. Panorama is doing no business.

Dodger
February 23rd, 2022, 12:29
I have visited Boyztown for the last 3 nights..they are getting a fair amount of customers..The street show is very good. Panorama is doing no business.

Thanks for the update...very encouraging.

Panorama will need to get some cute boys on staff if they want a draw of the customers. I'm sure they know that.

Manforallseasons
February 23rd, 2022, 13:31

Am I wrong to think if available they would all be eligible for a senior citizen discount?

StevieWonders
February 23rd, 2022, 13:49
Am I wrong to think if available they would all be eligible for a senior citizen discount?How about a bulk discount? Dodgems can surely negotiate something for himself and his daughter when she finally visits?

Oliver2
February 23rd, 2022, 15:00
Discounts would be more appropriate for the under fifties.

goji
February 23rd, 2022, 18:08
Am I wrong to think if available they would all be eligible for a senior citizen discount?

Yes. You are wrong to think that. A good percentage of customers were under 60.

Manforallseasons
February 23rd, 2022, 18:17
Yes. You are wrong to think that. A good percentage of customers were under 60.

All the 60+ are in Jomtien complex.

goji
February 23rd, 2022, 18:53
All the 60+ are in Jomtien complex.

There's a mix of customer ages in Jomtien as well.
Including over 60s, but do you see anything wrong with other over 60s having more fun than you ?

I still hope to be visiting the gay bars when I reach that age bracket.