PDA

View Full Version : TAT to use boy love to promote tourism

bkkguy
February 17th, 2022, 10:39
No, not a return to the bad early days of Sunee, but "boy love" TV series!

From the Bangkok Post (https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2265555/tat-unveils-ambitious-goals) this morning:

Emerging trends could be mined, [Thanet Phetsuwan, TAT deputy governor] said, such as the popularity of so-called "Thai Boy Love TV dramas" in South Korea.
Fans of Boy Love TV dramas form part of the LGBTQIA+ community in South Korea and constitute a potential segment, said Mr Thanet.

He said soft power from influencers and media such as Boy Love TV series (Y series) could include collaborations between Thai actors or Korean producers to inspire tourists to visit Thailand.

Films have swayed tourist markets in the past, with the popularity of Lost in Thailand leading to an avalanche of Chinese visitors.

DoubleDutch
February 17th, 2022, 12:06
If this thread will start coming up in google search results for the two words term that you used in thread title, we will be famous.

Thai television producers may not have idea what connotation these two words carry in English, this Thai show, in Thai language, you do, very likely everyone here does. Why these two words in English language? There is a reason this term is reserved for dark web, it means one thing only, so why use these two words here, Thai adult gay board? You may feel that being the name of Thai tv show gives you a reasonable 'out', it doesn't.

This is what Frequent used to do often, intentional borderline 'jokes' and doublespeak regarding monarchy, knowing what happens to this board after a complaint.

DoubleDutch
February 17th, 2022, 13:10
This term is now in quotation marks, thank you.

goji
February 17th, 2022, 13:35
There is a reason this term is reserved for dark web, it means one thing only

"Boy Love" does not mean one thing only, in the way you are implying. In this particular instance, it clearly has an innocent use. Most native English speakers I know would assume it's innocent.

I don't knowingly use the "dark web", so will leave comments on that to those who have more experience of it.

StevieWonders
February 17th, 2022, 13:39
"Boy Love" does not mean one thing only, in the way you are implying. In this particular instance, it clearly has an innocent use. Most native English speakers I know would assume it's innocent.

I don't knowingly use the "dark web", so will leave comments on that to those who have more experience of it.MBL as an organisation predates the "dark web"

bkkguy
February 17th, 2022, 19:30
MBL as an organisation predates the "dark web"

enlighten us - we are not all baseball or German high-end audio fans!

maump
February 18th, 2022, 09:41
So who wants to list their favorite "boy love" series? I remember when we used to speak fondly of the latest gay movies like Sweet Boy, Love is Coming, Love Love You, Water Boys......?

Go to youtube for many "BL" series Some favorites Love Sick the Series (1 and 2), SOTUS (1 and 2), Love By Chance, Together With Me, Bad Buddy, Water Boy, Tharn Type....

StevieWonders
February 18th, 2022, 10:13
So who wants to list their favorite "boy love" series? I remember when we used to speak fondly of the latest gay movies like Sweet Boy, Love is Coming, Love Love You, Water Boys......?

Go to youtube for many "BL" series Some favorites Love Sick the Series (1 and 2), SOTUS (1 and 2), Love By Chance, Together With Me, Bad Buddy, Water Boy, Tharn Type....Why did you miss out Call Me By Your Name? I've never thought of eating a peach in the same way after watching that one

bkkguy
February 18th, 2022, 19:45
Why did you miss out Call Me By Your Name? I've never thought of eating a peach in the same way after watching that one

I posited in 2018 (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19697-Call-me-by-your-name&p=240117&highlight=peach#post240117) that the peach growers association had missed their opportunity with Call Me By Your Name but it is not targeted at 13 yo schoolgirls so it is not really a "boy love" movie in the same sense as the other listed series

StevieWonders
February 18th, 2022, 19:51
I posited in 2018 (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19697-Call-me-by-your-name&p=240117&highlight=peach#post240117) that the peach growers association had missed their opportunity with Call Me By Your Name but it is not targeted at 13 yo schoolgirls so it is not really a "boy love" movie in the same sense as the other listed seriesMy brother was telling me recently that there’s a push to educate school kids about “consent”. I was musing that perhaps “Call Me By Your Name” included a number of episodes where “informed consent” was problematic and should be mandatory viewing for such a course

maump
February 18th, 2022, 20:25
My brother was telling me recently that there’s a push to educate school kids about “consent”. I was musing that perhaps “Call Me By Your Name” included a number of episodes where “informed consent” was problematic and should be mandatory viewing for such a course

Education banned in FL, OK, Va.... more to come. Ban any talk of race, or sex orientation. more to come from the GQP.

StevieWonders
February 19th, 2022, 02:46
Education banned in FL, OK, Va.... more to come. Ban any talk of race, or sex orientation. more to come from the GQP.The good ol’ US of A is completely dysfunctional

latintopxxx
February 19th, 2022, 06:38
...unfortunate title with sordid connotations...

StevieWonders
February 19th, 2022, 07:24
...unfortunate title with sordid connotations...To the pure all things are pure

Khor tose
February 21st, 2022, 00:44
To the pure all things are pure
You are leaving off, "but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."
It works in far more ways when you use ALL the text.

StevieWonders
February 21st, 2022, 04:25
You are leaving off, "but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."
It works in far more ways when you use ALL the text.You think that of our latintopxxx do you? Is that a clinical assessment in your professional capacity?