PDA

View Full Version : Kind Hearts and Coronets

StevieWonders
February 11th, 2022, 03:54
Some of us suffer a little sometimes for our kinder hearts. I think it’s not a problem that you have ever had.Just as well he’s missing the coronet as well

bkkguy
February 11th, 2022, 21:15
Just as well he’s missing the coronet as well

was it not Lord Tennyson who wrote kind hearts are more than coronets?

StevieWonders
February 12th, 2022, 02:37
was it not Lord Tennyson who wrote kind hearts are more than coronets?While that is true I was thinking more of the Alec Guinness film of the same title which took a more satirical view of the saying, as a story about someone “on the make” - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_Hearts_and_Coronets

bkkguy
February 12th, 2022, 18:55
While that is true I was thinking more of the Alec Guinness film of the same title

well yes, I assumed you were, the Tennyson reference is actually a quote from Edith D'Ascoyne in the movie!

StevieWonders
February 12th, 2022, 19:57
well yes, I assumed you were, the Tennyson reference is actually a quote from Edith D'Ascoyne in the movie!The line from that movie that sticks in my mind is “I shot an arrow in the air; it fell to earth in Berkley Square”

StevieWonders
February 12th, 2022, 20:32
The line from that movie that sticks in my mind is “I shot an arrow in the air; it fell to earth in Berkley Square”Or Berkeley Square for those whose lips move along with the subtitles