PDA

View Full Version : Latest Omicron stats for Thailand

StevieWonders
February 6th, 2022, 06:55
Today's report per Thai News Reports is 10,879 which includes 178 "from abroad". This is the third or fourth consecutive day of 2022 reported highs and, significantly, is a 50% jump in daily cases this month (1 February 7,161 net of tourists). These are presumed Omicron cases; there may still be some Delta around

cdnmatt
February 6th, 2022, 06:58
Yeah, but Omnikron doesn't seem overly deadly, so meh...

Wait until the next variant to come along before people get worried again.

StevieWonders
February 6th, 2022, 07:38
The government is urging the population “don’t panic” according to the Bangkok Post - https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2259371/call-to-keep-calm-despite-surge-in-cases

Blueskytoday
February 6th, 2022, 21:17
I think the daily totals are very misleading....So many thai's have not or are not getting tested....those who are, may only be getting ONE test over long period of time therefore totals are low,,just my opinion....example Japan, Korea other countries, people are getting tested often..so the totals go up daily.....

christianpfc
February 8th, 2022, 15:39
The more you test, the more you will find. They should give the total number of administered tests as well, or the quotient.

Considering the dire consequences (not for my health, but for my lifestyle) of testing positive, I avoid testing like the plague.