PDA

View Full Version : It's not just Thailand

bkkguy
February 4th, 2022, 19:14
looks like Bali, when re-opening its borders this week, is taking a few leaves from Thailand's copybook:

- fully and partially vaccinated travelers will need to quarantine on arrival for five and seven days respectively
- negative RT-PCR tests on arrival and before departing quarantine
- proof of confirmed (and paid-up) hotel accommodation for the duration of their stay
- adequate health insurance for COVID-19 medical expenses
- masks are mandatory or risk being pulled over by police - required when entering shops, bars and restaurants, in public, and when riding in taxis and on motorbikes.
- visitors must install Indonesia's COVID app, which can be scanned for contact tracing when entering public places.
- proof of vaccination (physical or digital) is also required when entering shopping malls and large commercial tourist attractions.

with similar circumstances to Pattaya, Phuket, etc in Thailand:
- empty shopfronts in tourist areas with "for lease" signs dangling in their windows
- streets, once alive with souvenir shops, eateries and clothing boutiques, remain empty
- the waves have kept rolling in on the beaches but business for street vendors, knick-knack sellers and surf instructors has not

one assumes the tourist reaction will also be similar, as will the "expert" commentary on Bali's equivalent of Sawatdee Gay Thailand, and the local press web site reader comments sections equivalent of the Bangkok Post!

Bali reopens to tourists: Requirements for visitors and what to expect
Traveller - Sydney Morning Herald 4 Feb 2022
(https://www.traveller.com.au/bali-reopens-to-tourists-requirements-for-visitors-and-what-to-expect-h21i1r)

maump
February 4th, 2022, 19:54
looks like Bali, when re-opening its borders this week, is taking a few leaves from Thailand's copybook:

one assumes the tourist reaction will also be similar, as will the "expert" commentary on Bali's equivalent of Sawatdee Gay Thailand, and the local press web site reader comments sections equivalent of the Bangkok Post!

Bali reopens to tourists: Requirements for visitors and what to expect
Traveller - Sydney Morning Herald 4 Feb 2022
(https://www.traveller.com.au/bali-reopens-to-tourists-requirements-for-visitors-and-what-to-expect-h21i1r)

can you point me to bali's equivalent Sawatdee gay thailand?
and does anyone have a pointer to the Sawatdee straight thailand?

Oliver2
February 4th, 2022, 21:04
I've stayed in Bali on four occasions- twice as a free-man and twice with P- and love it. But gay it ain't, at least not in the way you can point to areas in Pattaya, Bangkok and even Chiang Mai as having a well-defined and visible gay presence. Half a dozen bars in the most liberal areas- Seminyak and Legian- illustrate just how lacking in numbers we are.

However, we walked together comfortably and with apparent acceptance wherever we went- and we travelled all the over the island apart from the far west.

As far as gay forums are concerned, there isn't- as far as I could tell- much of a market, although there have been gay men living happily there for decades. And guys from Java do make the short journey to Bali to earn some money there from visiting falangs. Like our Cambodian friends travel to Jomtien. And also, by the way, from youngish Japanese girls, apparently.

goji
February 4th, 2022, 23:12
Bali entry rules are taking the mick.

Just go to Thailand, Cambodia or The Philippines for now.

Brad the Impala
February 5th, 2022, 03:26
Bali entry rules are taking the mick.

Just go to Thailand, Cambodia or The Philippines for now.

They are following the Phuket sandbox scheme, which you derided, and which was the first stepping stone to the opening up of Thailand to tourists from which you are now benefitting.

StevieWonders
February 5th, 2022, 05:17
They are following the Phuket sandbox scheme, which you derided, and which was the first stepping stone to the opening up of Thailand to tourists from which you are now benefitting.
It’s their way of keeping tourists out. Pure and Simple.

You know when you’re not wanted. https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22577-Test-and-Go-status&p=286028&highlight=#post286028

Armando
February 5th, 2022, 09:33
I've stayed in Bali on four occasions- twice as a free-man and twice with P- and love it. But gay it ain't, at least not in the way you can point to areas in Pattaya, Bangkok and even Chiang Mai as having a well-defined and visible gay presence. Half a dozen bars in the most liberal areas- Seminyak and Legian- illustrate just how lacking in numbers we are.
I visited ten times even earlier at a time when there were no gay bars in Kuta. I loved the island, its people, its culture and so returned twice a year for five years, always staying at a little guest house hotel on a hill outside Ubud. Like many visitors I just assumed with their beautiful brown bodies and alluring smiles, almost every guy had at least to be bisexual. Then at the end of the working day when I saw the boys strip naked and shower at various water spigots without a care in the world about who might be seeing them I was sure I was right.

I quickly earned that gay Bali no longer existed, at least as far as I could see. The area around Ubud had been quite gay in the 1930s when a number of gay western artists based themselves there. But that seemed to have changed quite radically. On one trip I did meet a gay guy and arranged to spend a few days with him on my next visit. I hired a car and we did a slow round the island trip. He was a nice, polite guy but he seemed to have little idea how to be with a gay guy. It was a disappointing trip.

I last visited in 2005 with my bf who was desperate to visit. I was saddened to see how tourism had spoiled some of the island, especially Ubud. But then returning to places we have loved years earlier when tourism to so many places has exploded is almost certain to result in some disappointment.

goji
February 5th, 2022, 09:46

The opening post referred to "quarantine on arrival for five days". That's not a Phuket sandbox, where quarantine is just for a few hours whilst awaiting a test result.

My comments are based on what's written by in the opening post, on the assumption that it's correct. If not correct, feel free to post correct information.

pong
February 5th, 2022, 21:46
Hmm, also have quite happy, if not fond memories of Bali-even from the monstrosity that so many despise-the beaches along Kuta. Just walk around later evening and you would be approached.
Even more so in the many isles of beautiful Indonesia on Java-same same if not more along the night markets of Yogya or Malang. Or in major, but rather grumpy towns on Sumatera-Medan, Palembang etc. For fine connoisseurs who speak the local lingo (an easy bahasa) the boy-brothels of Bandung, disguised as pijit (massage) or haircut (kerinting rambut). That was indeed way before the apps or even those handy mobile fones stepped in this world.

Nirish guy
February 8th, 2022, 06:57
I I quickly earned that gay Bali no longer existed,.

You can rest easy as let me assure you it still does, in spades :-)

Armando
February 8th, 2022, 08:36
You can rest easy as let me assure you it still does, in spades :-)
I was there decades ago when it was far less obvious. In my mind I had visions of the openness of the 1930s which certainly no longer existed. I'm glad that today things have improved.

a447
February 8th, 2022, 13:55
Just walk around later evening and you would be approached.

While my friends were having an evening nap before heading out, I decided to take a walk along the beach in Kuta.

Within a minute of stepping into the sand a guy appeared out of the gloom and offered me "sucky sucky" for $20. We headed to a dark area of the beach and he did the deed. I was constantly accosted as I walked back to the hotel.

The following evening I returned to the beach and went for a walk. I soon came across a bunch of guys standing around chatting. They came rushing over as soon as they saw me. I asked for the guy with the biggest cock to step forward.

He asked to go back to my hotel but I told him that was impossible so he suggested we go to his place. We went for a long walk in the back streets of Kuta and finally arrived at at a narrow street lined with tin huts. We went inside and did the deed in the stifling heat. It was unbearable and I was glad when it was all over.

The upshot of this experience is that I ended up buying a condo on the beach so that I had a place to take the guys.

It wasn't long before I regretted the purchase as I soon decided I didn't want to keep returning to Bali. There were other places beckoning.

But I got a special happy ending. I sold the condo a few years later to an Italian businessman at a considerable profit. The last time I was in Bali I saw that it had been turned into a hotel.

Nirish guy
February 8th, 2022, 15:27
Now THAT must be the most hardcore sex tourist move EVER !! Actually BUYING somewhere on a whim just to ensure you can get a comfortable, quick and easy fuck ! AND making a profit on it when done ! I take my hat off to you Sir, a sex tourist on a whole different level than the rest of us ! lol

a447
February 8th, 2022, 15:46
Now THAT must be the most hardcore sex tourist move EVER !! Actually BUYING somewhere on a whim just to ensure you can get a comfortable, quick and easy fuck !

Actually, things didn't turn out as planned in that respect.

They had zealous guards on the main gate who were not happy about me bringing guys back. (I don't think I was the only one did that, btw.) Being Asia, that problem was quickly solved by handing over some "beer money", but I always got dirty looks from them and I think the guys felt a bit uncomfortable.

I sold it a few years later, just before the gfc and virtually doubled my money! At the time I think they were the first and only condos right on the beach. Location, location, location! Lol

I guess it's the same as guys who discover the joys of Thailand and decide to buy. Plenty of farang own condos in Pattaya. The only difference is, I made a quick decision on the spot, thinking with my cock. Never a good idea, although this time I was lucky. Any profit was welcome because it was unexpected.

goji
February 8th, 2022, 17:18
They had zealous guards on the main gate who were not happy about me bringing guys back.
That's bringing guys back to your own Appartment, right ?
Given that it was your own appartment, what were their reasons for being obstructive ?

a447
February 8th, 2022, 17:53
Two reasons.

First, as the complex was right on Jalan Pantai (beach road), there was a security issue. The road was full of drunken aussies making fools of themselves. The hoi polloi needed to be kept at bay.

Secondly, bringing prostitutes back did not fit the "exclusive image" the complex wanted to project.

Oliver2
February 8th, 2022, 20:38
Were the guys Balinese? I always believed that those on the scene were more likely to be from Java.

a447
February 9th, 2022, 05:42
I've no idea, although I believe there are lots of Javanese on the scene.

maump
February 9th, 2022, 09:26
Secondly, bringing prostitutes back did not fit the "exclusive image" the complex wanted to project.

How much are/were prostitutes in Bali. are they hot like the Thai?

Oliver2
February 9th, 2022, 14:18
I was only approached once in Kuta - perhaps I lacked the obvious good looks of a447- though Lonely Planet had warned me about "sucky-sucky girls." These were transexuals who were allegedly adept at fellatio and theft simultaneously . Even they weren't interested in me. The only sanuk I had was in a small gay massage place in Seminyak. And it didn't compare to similar establishments in Thailand.

a447
February 9th, 2022, 14:18

I forget what I paid. I just gave them what I thought they were worth.

Their appendages are nowhere near as impressive as the guys from Isaan. And I think Thai guys sea hotter.

To each his own.

christianpfc
February 9th, 2022, 19:28
They had zealous guards on the main gate who were not happy about me bringing guys back. (I don't think I was the only one did that, btw.) Being Asia, that problem was quickly solved by handing over some "beer money", but I always got dirty looks from them and I think the guys felt a bit uncomfortable.

Have to check such things in advance. I was accompanying a friend looking for a room to rent in Phnom Penh. After several rooms that were truly awful, we found one that was okay. But the landlord did not allow guests of any kind, any time. My friend dug deeper and if he wanted to bring his girlfriend, she would have to provide a negative test for Covid every time she visits him.

Now his (and if I had wanted to rent, mine as well) intention was to bring 1 or 2 different girls (2 or 3 boys in my case) every week, so that was completely out of question. We found a better place, without restrictions for guests.

pong
February 9th, 2022, 20:49
Were the guys Balinese? I always believed that those on the scene were more likely to be from Java.

Like I said-you will NOT find true blood Balinese there. Java has more as half of Indo´s giant population. Sumatera comes 2nd. The north of Smt is further from Bali as Australia! AND its by now really a long time ago, though .2000.
In other minor Bali ´resorts´ -and again a really long time ago, the big families making some money by renting out rooms/cottages/losmen in their lush gardens would have plenty of sons who as old traditions require, were kept separated from the girls from other families=thats traditon! Never heard of that? So that will lead to other ingenious ways to release stress (which is a very commonly used Indo word). Balinese kids are all labelled with same names, nr 1-2-3-4 etc for boy/girl. Like Ketut or Wayan.
On my last Bali/Kuta trip there were also quite a few holidaying Indo-locals, of course from Java, that is where most money is made. They all clearly came to let the pig loose. Nothing wrong at all with (most) Javanese though, sweet memories too from Yogya=again no effort would be needed, just walk along evenings along main street.

pong
February 9th, 2022, 21:01

Were. In true Indo tradition often rather as money some real ´present´ was asked for or with some experience thoughtfully brought. Think of the value of a box/carton of better brand/import cigs/smokes (any male smokes there--or at least did, those awful kretek)=was much cheaper from tax-free or f.e. a new pants+shirt. Up to around 20US$ in value. In fact all over ASEAN this is roughly the going rate-the Thai are notorious more expensive. Probably due to the ever vigilant money-police on the Thai boards. This is of course not just for a quickie suck, the whole full works with no time constraint.
Ive also encountered some not that hot Thai. As a very rough general comparison I would however indeed say that Thai are more luscious, know more tricks and seem more refined in the acts. But Indoś are generally both very sweet&gentle and often hot too! Those domestic orang turis (=tourists) out for a nicetime will want to have their own share of the game too. A happy thing is there are not that many ladyboys, probably also against their culture.
But again-oh sweet memories, its all history. have not been there for at least 10-11 yrs now and does not seem possible very soon either-as this thread was staretd by the draconic entry rules by now. In the past just your passpt was enough and you were even friendly greeted by immigr in own language.

pong
February 9th, 2022, 21:04
I was only approached once in Kuta - perhaps I lacked the obvious good looks of a447- though Lonely Planet had warned me about "sucky-sucky girls." These were transexuals who were allegedly adept at fellatio and theft simultaneously . Even they weren't interested in me. The only sanuk I had was in a small gay massage place in Seminyak. And it didn't compare to similar establishments in Thailand.
Can you remember around what year that was? I assume you were alone as single guy, nah?

Oliver2
February 9th, 2022, 21:34
Yes. It was my first visit....1999. I didn't become "engaged" until 2004! And I was certainly on the look-out for friends, though I wouldn't have had the guts to take anyone into my hotel. It was a resort hotel on Seminyak beach. I was too shy. As I still am.

Brad the Impala
February 10th, 2022, 00:53
They all clearly came to let the pig loose.

Nice expression that I don't recall hearing before. Conjures up a myriad of activities!

a447
February 10th, 2022, 05:48
Pong wrote:

there are not that many ladyboys, probably also against their culture.

That is not my experience.

Did you ever go to the Hulu Club? Or visit Bali Joe gay bar?

StevieWonders
February 10th, 2022, 07:13
Nice expression that I don't recall hearing before. Conjures up a myriad of activities!I thought he was taking a break from posting after his senior moments

Armando
February 10th, 2022, 10:23
The upshot of this experience is that I ended up buying a condo on the beach so that I had a place to take the guys..
I always loved the Ubud area and nearly bought a plot of land. Around my sixth visit one of the boys working in the guest house asked me to look at some land not far from Ubud in the Sayan area. Once thee, he parked his bike and we walked through a small clutch of trees. The view from the grassland after was stunning. Plenty of land to build a Balinese house with a pool in front. This looked over a small gorge with rice terraces on both sides and facing the sunsets. Enough land to build the house would have cost the equivalent of around £2,000 in those days. The boy from the hotel, totally trustworthy, said he and his young wife could look after the house after it was built when I was not in Bali.

I did think seriously about it. But then having a house which I could visit only a few weeks in the year seemed too impractical, so I did not pursue it. Stupidly I never even thought about the possibility of renting it out. Some years later, I heard from a lawyer friend of mine that he had bought up all the grassland and was building six luxury villas on it. Each one eventually sold for US$1.5 million. Mick Jagger bought one! Another possible profit down the drain!

latintopxxx
February 10th, 2022, 10:47
...idiot... u would have had live in help and a ball drainer too....

Armando
February 11th, 2022, 08:08
...idiot... u would have had live in help and a ball drainer too....
What a stupid comment!

latintopxxx
February 11th, 2022, 10:33
...explain...

Nirish guy
February 11th, 2022, 17:28
A) He said it was a guy from the guest house / hotel not a sex buddy and the guy had a wife ( doesn't mean much sometimes I accept) but most importantly - if you owned a house in Bali and travelled all that distance why would you want ONE guy there just to ball drain you ( as you so beautifully put it as in Bali you'd have no shortage of willing volunteers - well for the first while anyway - the term "taking coals to Newcastle" i.e bringing / having one guy when there are already hundreds seems crazy to me !

Actually just as an aside to that and re the living there thing. When attended a pool party there of a Swedish ? guy who owned a beautiful villa I was chatting to him at his poolside bar and said something like "wow it mis be amazing to live here with these beautiful guys who are up for it 24/7" and he replied "oh no, dont be fooled, that is because YOU are on holiday and so are both "fresh meat".

You are also then of course their possibility of their ticket right off the island or at very least a chance for them to get some additional funds from before you leave and after you return home.

However he continued the second you move here, they'll all chase after you in the first month or two, then one will land you one way or the other and the MINUTE that happens the rest instantly move on as you're seen as "taken" and with the island being so small they certainly don't want to with their friends fight over you - as you like the tide will probably come and go but they and their friend will have to remain.

Meaning he said right after you buy somewhere the sex on tap STOPS and if you attempt to carry it on behind your new BF's back the shit will hit the fan PLUS most of the local guys will shun you as they will have decided that you were obviously a bit of a cunt in the first place to treat their friend and your BF like that in the first place.

So as that guy warned me, becareful what you wish for as "living in paradise" for him at least certainly didn't feel like that anymore and he was actually looking at moving on.

I should point out though he party was one of the best (sex) events I think I have EVER attended and to my dying day I will never forget nailing the two stunning identical twins that I'd picked up at the bar, with that only being the start of the proceedings and after the two and then three of us I guess putting on a bit of a show in the sex room ( yes the guy had even built a sex room for the party lol) one by one more and more guys joined in until it ended up a mass fuck session - man I'm smiling now just remembering it ! Wow Bali, I do miss you ! :-)