PDA

View Full Version : The Brink of War?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

StevieWonders
March 16th, 2022, 20:32
Admit? Like I was trying to hide something? Despise? Show me where I said any such thing.

I'll repeat what I said to you earlier: "If you can make better sense answering my question than they did, I'm all ears (well, eyes anyway)"

Obviously you cannot.Why would I waste my time on a loser like you?

Up2U
March 16th, 2022, 20:53
No. It will not: all bonds what issued since 2018 have conditions to be paid in rubles. For rest amount Russia has grace period till April 15.

As said here https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60750642 "A default now would be hugely symbolic". Russia has enough of assets, so investors should be "grateful" to own govts for freezing half of them and for loosing moneys.

By the way: Ukraine already discussing "Swiss or Austrian neutrality" with limited army and navy size at meetings with Russia and Russian language in regions with Russian minority above 5%. I think till April 15 everything will be done.

So question is: why they didn't it at past 8 years within Minsk protocol in normal peaceful talks???
Good summary of the complicated Minsk protocols.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

It was Putin on February 22 that declared the Minsk agreements "no longer existed" History tells us what happened next.

StevieWonders
March 16th, 2022, 21:06

It was Putin on February 22 that declared the Minsk agreements "no longer existed" History tells us what happened next.I prefer genuine mink not this rubbishy “protocol” stuff - https://www.morriskayefurs.com/blog/a-real-mink-fur-coat-is-the-warmest-and-most-elegant-outerwear-made/

Moses
March 16th, 2022, 21:30

It was Putin on February 22 that declared the Minsk agreements "no longer existed" History tells us what happened next.

Exactly. February 22, 2022. While Minsk II agreement was signed on 12 February 2015. 7 years Russia waited Ukrainian actions for implementation. Tens of thousands been killed, over 1 million of refugees ran from the East to Russia at these years. And West kept silence.

Right now Nazi regiment "Azov" is surrounded and isolated near Mariupol. They are freelancers, not a regular army. "Azov's" commanders calling for help. No one of them will leave this area alive - they aren't combatant as per Hague convent, so they haven't protection by law. Chechens are waiting for the night.

"Aidar", "Azov" and "Tornado" are criminals since 2014 https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2014/09/ukraine-must-stop-ongoing-abuses-and-war-crimes-pro-ukrainian-volunteer-forces/

More: https://www.newsweek.com/evidence-war-crimes-committed-ukrainian-nationalist-volunteers-grows-269604

Full report is here https://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/report_pdf/ukraine0716web_2.pdf

Cover:

Gaybutton
March 16th, 2022, 21:37
Why would I waste my time on a loser like you?

Sorry, I'm too much of a loser to take that kind of obvious bait.

StevieWonders
March 16th, 2022, 23:48
Sorry, I'm too much of a loser to take that kind of obvious bait.”Gaybutton is a master baiter” - discuss

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 01:19
”Gaybutton is a master baiter” - discuss

And I'm the forum 10 year old, eh?

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 01:43
Matt, are you still waiting for default of Russia? https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/currency

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 03:07
Matt, are you still waiting for default of Russia? https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/currency

Good for Russia! They managed to stay solvent, you must be proud.

Trudeau got sanctioned though, so pretty sure that's it for us, and the Canadian economy will soon be crippled for decades to come.

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 04:48
Trudeau got sanctioned though, so pretty sure that's it for us, and the Canadian economy will soon be crippled for decades to come.

Are you sure what Trudeau is representing the whole Canadian economic?

Meanwhile Russia doesn't make any countersanctions besides rocket engines and personal symbolic sanctions. Russia still pumps gas, oil, sends coal for to fight with European energy-crisis. Russia even pumps gas via Ukraine and pays for transit, while Zelensky cries to stop working North Stream.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 05:12
Are you sure what Trudeau is representing the whole Canadian economic?

I'm sure Canada will be just fine.

Meanwhile Russia doesn't make any countersanctions besides rocket engines and personal symbolic sanctions. Russia still pumps gas, oil, sends coal for to fight with European energy-crisis. Russia even pumps gas via Ukraine and pays for transit, while Zelensky cries to stop working North Stream.

Well, yeah. Russia is in a bit of an economic pinch at the moment, and homicidal genocides are expensive, so of course they're not going to stop selling oil and gas. Don't act as if Russia is doing the West a favor by continuing to sell gas, or some shit.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 05:59

12397 Russia says it has ordered the $117 million in interest payments it owes Wednesday to be sent to investors, attempting to avoid its first international default in more than a century. But it's not out of the woods yet.
That's because the funds the country used to make the debt payments came from Russia's frozen foreign assets, sanctioned because of its attack on Ukraine — so it remains unclear whether investors will receive their money.
Anton Siluanov, Russia's finance minister, told state media Russia Today that the country had made good on its obligations to creditors. But the "possibility or impossibility of fulfilling our obligations in foreign currency does not depend on us," Siluanov said, according to RT, warning that the payment might not go through if the United States disallows it.
"We have the money, we made the payment, now the ball is in America's court," he said.

The two coupons Russia must pay on the maturing dollar-denominated eurobonds serve as the first test of Russia's ability to pay its debts while the world heaves massive sanctions on its economy.
If the US blocks the payment, Russia could try to pay in rubles rather than dollars. But that action could constitute a default, Fitch Ratings said Tuesday.
It highlights the crunch Russia is in: The nation has the money to pay its debts. It just can't access about half of those funds after the West placed unprecedented sanctions on its foreign reserves, totaling about $315 billion, according to Siluanov.
If the Russian government defaults, investors' losses could start to mount.

Western investors are less exposed to Russia than they used to be. Sanctions following the annexation of Crimea in 2014 already encouraged them to reduce their exposure. But international banks are owed about $121 billion by Russian entities, according to the Bank for International Settlements.
JPMorgan estimates that Russia had about $40 billion of foreign currency debt at the end of last year, with about half of that held by foreign investors. So a default would be bad news for Russia, which will have to meet its obligations in its practically worthless currency, lacking access to foreign financing. But the global markets probably won't get hurt too badly.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/16/investing/russian-debt-payments/index.html

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 06:10
I just hope in 20 years we don't look back on these sanctions as Treaty of Versailles 2.0.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 06:14
I just hope in 20 years we don't look back on these sanctions as Treaty of Versailles 2.0.
You’re probably the youngest member here so clearly that treat most likely awaits you rather than us old codgers

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 06:18
haha, fixed it before you quoted it.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 06:24
Might have to get PutinCoin or something going. Hire on some Ukrainians who speak fluent Russian as translators, flood the internet with, "support the troops, defeat the Nazis, buy PutinCoin".

mr giggles
March 17th, 2022, 08:13
I have been staying out of this and I intend to continue staying out of it, but I do have one question that has been bugging me. Why now? If Putin wanted to do this, why didn't he do it during Trump's presidency. I think we all know Trump liked and admired Putin. It would not have surprised me if Trump supported Putin in this. If not, if there were sanctions at all they probably would have been insignificant - more like a gentle slap on the wrist.

The way I see it, if Putin wanted to do this, he had every reason to do it while Trump was president. Why did he wait for now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxgBuhMBXSA
YouTube: Why Putin Didn’t Invade Ukraine During Trump’s Presidency

Dodger
March 17th, 2022, 08:17
Good for Russia! They managed to stay solvent, you must be proud.

Not so fast. Not even the most experienced investors know if Russia will default or not just yet.

Regardless if they default or not, the fact that the Russian economy has been destroyed in just a few short weeks is evidence that "Sanctions" if properly applied can have devastating results.

The reason I'm particularly keen on this is because I much prefer "Economic Warfare" to a "Military Warfare". Military wars are totally outdated and result in mostly young gullible soldiers and innocent working-class civilians getting killed - where Economic Wars effect the wealthy power-seekers who sit in high places with the Gods - who make these types of idiotic and self-serving decisions in the first place. Seems a lot more fitting to me.

A Russian government debt default was unthinkable until Putin started playing Genghis Khan and slaughtering his neighbors. They had nearly $650 billion of currency reserves, coveted investment-grade credit ratings with S&P Global, Moody's and Fitch, and were raking in hundreds of millions of dollars a day selling oil and gas at soaring prices. Putin thought he had enough money in reserves to offset the inevitable sanctions that would be imposed the minute he launched his attack (oh, sorry I meant "operation"), but the unprecedented level of sanctions knocked him off his horse and ended up freezing two-thirds of Russia's reserves that were being held overseas. Opps!

Now he wants to talk. Now he's ready to revise his list of demands on the neighbor he's attacking to provide himself with a much-needed off ramp. We'll just have to see how this pans out. Part of me wants to see an agreement, regardless of its content, just for the benefit of the thousands of innocent people who are suffering in Ukraine, but the other part of me would like to see Zelenski tell Genghis to stick his revised "list of demands" straight up his ass.

dab69
March 17th, 2022, 09:00
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/25d8c539-539d-3e62-8ff7-d7a0d9ba478c/ukraine-says-fourth-russian.html

Ukraine says fourth Russian general has been killed in combat

Maj. Gen. Oleg Mityaev died Tuesday during the storming of Mariupol, said Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashchenko, who published a photo on Telegram of what he said was the dead officer.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 09:19
Not so fast. Not even the most experienced investors know if Russia will default or not just yet.

It's a guarantee they're going to default. Maybe not on this payment, might take another two or three months, but they'll eventually have to default. They've already said, "we can make this payment with sanctioned funds or rubles, but that's all we have", so they're going to default at some point, as these sanctions aren't going away anytime soon.

Good, if this pans out, we're looking at Western dominance for another few decades. Russia will be in the economic shit house for the next 20 - 30 years hence no help to China aside from natural resources, and the Western world is heavily bolstering it's defense spending now. Xi Je Ping must be livid with Putin because his plans have most likely just went to shit, or have been stalled indefinitely at least.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 09:22
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/25d8c539-539d-3e62-8ff7-d7a0d9ba478c/ukraine-says-fourth-russian.html

Maj. Gen. Oleg Mityaev died Tuesday during the storming of Mariupol, said Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashchenko, who published a photo on Telegram of what he said was the dead officer.
Isn’t that the point of being a soldier? Kill or be killed?

Dodger
March 17th, 2022, 10:04

CONGRATILATIONS....Russia has just set a new Guinness World Record for the number of generals killed in the first 16 days of a Peace-Keeping Mission. Can you just imagine how many they would have lost if this would have been an actual war?

The previous record was held by Cossack Commander Ivan Zolotarenko who invaded Ukraine's Right-Bank in 1654. He reportedly died when he fell off his horse and got the blade of his Shashka stuck up his ass. His last words were..."those lousy bastards told me this was just a peace keeping mission".

I'm sorry, but after this thing is over I think Russia has to seriously consider the capabilities and effectiveness of its military - from top down. If a few thousand retired Ukrainian farmers can kick their asses, knocking off their generals in the process, there definitely appears to be an opportunity for improvement here somewhere.

On a more serious note (slightly), I'm actually shocked at how ineffective the Russian military is. Now I know why Xi is freaking out over this thing. If Putin and his Generals (if there were any left) ever did unleash their nukes half of the dam things would probably flip-flop off-course and land in China.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 10:37
It's especially crazy because Putin's initial ambitions obviously extended west of Ukraine. Obviously, those plans have now went up in smoke.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 10:55
hahaha, how awesome.

A Ukrainian mayor who urged his city to rise up and fight the occupation before he was kidnapped by Russian forces has been freed, his government announced last night.

“We don’t leave ours behind,” President Zelensky told Ivan Fedorov, 33, who was dragged from his office in the southern city of Melitopol with a bag over his head on Friday night.

Kirill Timoshenko, the deputy head of Ukraine’s presidential office, said that Fedorov had been freed in a “special operation” without offering further details. Zelensky told Fedorov by phone: “Very happy that we got you back. Very happy. Very glad to hear your voice.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kidnapped-ukrainian-mayor-ivan-fedorov-rescued-in-special-operation-fm60qt2x9

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 11:45
It's especially crazy because Putin's initial ambitions obviously extended west of Ukraine. Obviously, those plans have now went up in smoke.Evidence that you know what Putin's "original ambitions were?T his seems as facile as the poster who thinks there's an answer to "why now?

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 12:00
Evidence that you know what Putin's "original ambitions were?T his seems as facile as the poster who thinks there's an answer to "why now?

Because I'm a mind reading gypsy.

Careful, or I'll sanction you from my bar.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 12:11
Because I'm a mind reading gypsy.

Careful, or I'll sanction you from my bar.The Groucho Marx answer applies I think - I wouldn’t want to be in any bar that would admit me as a customer

Khor tose
March 17th, 2022, 12:35
I am very surprised by our "Russian" board owner leaves out so mush history. Some of which would add to his arguments. Either they don't teach history in Russia, or he is just the left wing Canadian I think he is. Just a thought. I don't give a shit one way or another, but most of what I hear him saying is just Canadian Russian Television. It sorta like Smile's latest crocodile tears post, you hear it but it just does not ring true.

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 12:39
On a more serious note (slightly), I'm actually shocked at how ineffective the Russian military is. Now I know why Xi is freaking out over this thing. If Putin and his Generals (if there were any left) ever did unleash their nukes half of the dam things would probably flip-flop off-course and land in China.

Yeah, instead of wiping whole country by carpet bombing like US and EU did in Iraq, Vietnam, Libya, Syria, or to drop 2 nuclear bombs, like US did in Japan, Russia does precise operation where for month of the campaign fatalities within civilians are below 1000. It shows "how ineffective the Russian military is".

And let me remind you Afghanistan. US and NATO spend 20 years there and ran without result. That's effectiveness!

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 12:56
I am very surprised by our "Russian" board owner leaves out so mush history. Some of which would add to his arguments. Either they don't teach history in Russia, or he is just the left wing Canadian I think he is. Just a thought. I don't give a shit one way or another, but most of what I hear him saying is just Canadian Russian Television. It sorta like Smile's latest crocodile tears post, you hear it but it just does not ring true.

Ohhh, come on... if you're going to have a fucked up imagination in your old age, can't you make me a counter intelligence CIA agent, or something?

This is just stupid. Fine, I think you're Pee Wee Herman. Can you prove you're not? You can't, can you? See, I knew it all along, you're actually Pee Wee Herman.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 12:56
Yeah, instead of wiping whole country by carpet bombing like US and EU did in Iraq, Vietnam, Libya, Syria, or to drop 2 nuclear bombs, like US did in Japan, Russia does precise operation where for month of the campaign fatalities within civilians are below 1000. It shows "how ineffective the Russian military is".

And let me remind you Afghanistan. US and NATO spend 20 years there and ran without result. That's effectiveness!

More “what about isms” suggesting there’s some sort of moral equivalence

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 12:58
Do the words “cdnmatt” and “intelligence”belong in the same sentence ?

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 13:36
Do the words “cdnmatt” and “intelligence”belong in the same sentence ?

Could a stupid person develop out an ERC1155 NFT with MetaMask integration?

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 13:38
More “what about isms” suggesting there’s some sort of moral equivalence

What moral equivalence may exists after nuclear bombing? US placed itself below line of humanity after it till the end of the world.

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 14:01
What moral equivalence may exists after nuclear bombing? US placed itself below line of humanity after it till the end of the world.

So how many more millions of people should have died instead, and how many more years should WWII have dragged on for? As tragic as those events were, they put an immediate end to the largest war the world has ever seen in three days.

So I'm assuming when Putin inevitably uses nukes your response will be, "it's fine, he's allowed to use nukes because the US did 80 years ago"?

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 14:31
So how many more millions of people should have died instead, and how many more years should WWII have dragged on for? As tragic as those events were, they put an immediate end to the largest war the world has ever seen in three days.

So I'm assuming when Putin inevitably uses nukes your response will be, "it's fine, he's allowed to use nukes because the US did 80 years ago"?

I'm sure - there will be much less fatalities in Ukraine, than in Iraq where "coalition" of NATO and US killed over half of million.

Tonight was fight for Rubezhnoe town in Ukraine. Ukraine calls that "total hell" and reported overall causalities within civilians "1 killed and 5 injured". 27 buildings in whole town got some damage.

Brad the Impala
March 17th, 2022, 15:15
Isn’t that the point of being a soldier? Kill or be killed?

I always thought that the point of a general was to send others to be killed.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 15:20
What moral equivalence may exists after nuclear bombing? US placed itself below line of humanity after it till the end of the world.Profound

Dodger
March 17th, 2022, 15:35
Yeah, instead of wiping whole country by carpet bombing like US and EU did in Iraq, Vietnam, Libya, Syria, or to drop 2 nuclear bombs, like US did in Japan, Russia does precise operation where for month of the campaign fatalities within civilians are below 1000. It shows "how ineffective the Russian military is"!

The video below shows you how effective Russia is at destroying schools. Great precision!

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-schools-bombing/31737808.html

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 16:56
Can't you make a "I"m a Dirty Old Man" disqualification? Your passport showing extensive stays in Thailand should be enoughSome very very good news for you gerefan2 - and maybe you’d heard it already as you haven’t posted in the last day or so - you get to pick your own Ukrainian yourself. I see it as in the old style slave market, they’d have to be stripped to the waist and so on. “ anyone hoping to sponsor a refugee will have to specifically name the Ukrainian, or Ukrainians, they are hoping to take in”

Why has that rule been adopted?

Those designing the new program in Government argue that asking for names is the quickest way of getting Ukrainians in desperate need to the UK.

Waiting for the Government to match Ukrainian refugees with people willing to put them up would be time-intensive and burdensome.”

That’s from a story in the Telegraph

Get in there John

Brad the Impala
March 17th, 2022, 17:27
BBC's Russia Editor:

Vladimir Putin's speech to the Russian people on Wednesday night was quite extraordinary. Speaking from the Kremlin, we saw a Russian president who is fighting on all fronts.

Fighting in Ukraine, where he claimed his so-called special military operation is going according to plan. And we heard him again trying to justify Russia's military action, to frame it as an act of self-defence.

But he knows he also has a fight on at home. He knows by now that the wave of international sanctions will cause massive economic pain here, and potentially social unrest.

He talked about inflation rising, unemployment rising. So he's looking for scapegoats, for people to blame so the Russian people won't blame him when that economic pain starts to bite acutely.

And the scapegoats have been chosen. He denounced the traitors, the fifth columnists and the "pro-Western scum". In other words, it's us against them, good against evil. Vladimir Putin is trying to create division at home to absolve himself of responsibility for the consequences of his invasion of Ukraine.

Now we have to wait and see what the effect of this speech is on Russian society.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60774819?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=623306160ce87e491a0efeb3%26Putin%20fig hting%20on%20all%20fronts%20as%20invasion%20falter s%262022-03-17T10%3A08%3A59.608Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:b5ba38d9-f816-4ccd-914e-5612b8951db6&pinned_post_asset_id=623306160ce87e491a0efeb3&pinned_post_type=share

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2022, 18:10
I'm sure - there will be much less fatalities in Ukraine, than in Iraq where "coalition" of NATO and US killed over half of million.

Tonight was fight for Rubezhnoe town in Ukraine. Ukraine calls that "total hell" and reported overall causalities within civilians "1 killed and 5 injured". 27 buildings in whole town got some damage.

WTF are you talking about? Do you actually believe Russia is acting with precision? There's entire towns that are simply no longer on the map.

How about the huge ampitheatre in Maritupol (sp) that was designated as a shelter has was turned into rubble yesterday? You know, the one with a massive sign on the roof you would see from the sky that said "children" on it? Were the Nazis hiding in there?

Or how about the maternity ward that's no longer therer? Or the dozens upon dozens of others? Or do you mean precise like in Aleppo? Precise like that? I guess if by "precision" you mean they ensure to keep the missiles somewhere within the city limits, then yes, they're very precise.

Dodger
March 17th, 2022, 19:11

Serhiy Haidai, the governor of Luhansk Oblast, said on March 15 that Russian forces destroyed three school buildings along with a boarding school for visually impaired children and a hospital in Rubizhne,

Source of information below (in Russian):

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2022/03/15/7331465/

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 19:52
Serhiy Haidai, the governor of Luhansk Oblast, said on March 15 that Russian forces destroyed three school buildings along with a boarding school for visually impaired children and a hospital in Rubizhne,

Source of information below (in Russian):

https://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2022/03/15/7331465/

It isn't Russian language, it is Ukrainian, any Russian can read it like any Ukrainian can read Russian. Yes, Russian army did it - empty buildings with some Azov soldiers inside. 4 killed in total. No one civilian, adult or kid or sick people in hospitals were injured, overwise Ukrainians will for sure declare it.

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 19:55
How about the huge ampitheatre in Maritupol (sp) that was designated as a shelter has was turned into rubble yesterday? You know, the one with a massive sign on the roof you would see from the sky that said "children" on it? Were the Nazis hiding in there?

Or how about the maternity ward that's no longer therer? Or the dozens upon dozens of others? Or do you mean precise like in Aleppo? Precise like that? I guess if by "precision" you mean they ensure to keep the missiles somewhere within the city limits, then yes, they're very precise.

After eliminating of Nazi block-posts on the east and north all civilians were evacuated from Mariupol, Nazi have no "live shield" there anymore. So no civilian causalities. You have no base for to broke your hands in pathetic cries. Even Ukrainian propaganda declares no fatalities within civilians in both cases. And yes, nobody of Nazi will get out of Mariupol alive - they are surrounded by Chechens.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 20:01
It isn't Russian language, it is Ukrainian, any Russian can read it like any Ukrainian can read Russian. Yes, Russian army did it - empty buildings with some Azov soldiers inside. 4 killed in total. No one civilian, adult or kid or sick people in hospitals were injured, overwise Ukrainians will for sure declare it.

All grist to the War Crimes investigation the ICC has under way

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 20:05
BBC's Russia Editor:

Vladimir Putin's speech to the Russian people on Wednesday night was quite extraordinary. Speaking from the Kremlin, we saw a Russian president who is fighting on all fronts.

Fighting in Ukraine, where he claimed his so-called special military operation is going according to plan. And we heard him again trying to justify Russia's military action, to frame it as an act of self-defence.

But he knows he also has a fight on at home. He knows by now that the wave of international sanctions will cause massive economic pain here, and potentially social unrest.

He talked about inflation rising, unemployment rising. So he's looking for scapegoats, for people to blame so the Russian people won't blame him when that economic pain starts to bite acutely.

And the scapegoats have been chosen. He denounced the traitors, the fifth columnists and the "pro-Western scum". In other words, it's us against them, good against evil. Vladimir Putin is trying to create division at home to absolve himself of responsibility for the consequences of his invasion of Ukraine.

Now we have to wait and see what the effect of this speech is on Russian society.

Sanctions are going down, one by one.
Yesterday here started to work SamsungPay, today ApplePay. Mc'Donalds started to open their fastfood points again. Ruble got stronger 30% from overall fall at March 7 (132 per $1) to 105 (now), at night it was 90 per $1.

MasterCard and Visa are working within Russia as at past, they want to switch it off, but they can't because Russia has independent internal payment system and MC and Visa serves only payments outside of Russia.

Russia saw everything that already in 2014. So nobody worries too much.

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 20:07
All grist to the War Crimes investigation the ICC has under way

Russia doesn't recognize ICC, the same like US doesn't recognize it, and most other countries in world.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 20:39
Russia doesn't recognize ICC, the same like US doesn't recognize it, and most other countries in world.

Fairly certain Nazi Germany would not have recognised the Nuremberg trials until they lost the War. Russia’s day is coming

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 20:51
Sanctions are going down, one by one.
Yesterday here started to work SamsungPay, today ApplePay. Mc'Donalds started to open their fastfood points again. Ruble got stronger 30% from overall fall at March 7 (132 per $1) to 105 (now), at night it was 90 per $1.

MasterCard and Visa are working within Russia as at past, they want to switch it off, but they can't because Russia has independent internal payment system and MC and Visa serves only payments outside of Russia.

Russia saw everything that already in 2014. So nobody worries too much.
Your theory is that everything will just fizzle out through inertia or boredom then? I’m of that school of thought myself. That’s generally the outcome of sanctions in recent history n

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 20:54
Fairly certain Nazi Germany would not have recognised the Nuremberg trials until they lost the War. Russia’s day is coming

Don't forget to add into list of proof photo of Donetsk bombing by Ukrainian army what is used as a proof of Kiev's bombing by Russian army in Western medias

On the left: picture taken in Donetsk after Ukrainian missiles attack, on the right "La Stampa" blames Russian for missiles attack on Kyev.

Meanwhile Israel closed visa-free enter for Ukrainians after visit of Israel's PM to Russia.

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 21:12
Don't forget to add into list of proof photo of Donetsk bombing by Ukrainian army what is used as a proof of Kiev's bombing by Russian army in Western medias

Meanwhile Israel closed visa-free enter for Ukrainians after visit of Israel's PM to Russia.There will be days of reckoning for several individuals and groups at some point after thisI have no doubt

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 21:52
In my Inbox tonight “Putin has lost. He has no reserves to send. His troops there in Ukraine are surrounded and poorly supplied. The air operations have been a shambles and should be a lesson for the Chinese should they choose to attack Taiwan, as they have no experience in managing complex air operations”

Moses
March 17th, 2022, 22:09
In my Inbox tonight “Putin has lost. He has no reserves to send. His troops there in Ukraine are surrounded and poorly supplied. The air operations have been a shambles and should be a lesson for the Chinese should they choose to attack Taiwan, as they have no experience in managing complex air operations”

Well, should you really publish spam here?

StevieWonders
March 17th, 2022, 23:12
It wasn’t a spam e -mail; most of those are caught by the spam filter and, I’m told, originate in Russia

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 00:01

You guys can't even manage to hold onto a high value prisoner for more than a couple days. It's obviously not going very well for you.

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 00:20
Well, should you really publish spam here?Do you receive only spam in your Inbox, Moses?

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 03:36
UK military intelligence says Russia's invasion of Ukraine has largely Stalled

LONDON, March 17 (Reuters) - Russia's invasion of Ukraine has largely stalled on all fronts, with Russian forces suffering heavy losses and making minimal progress on land, sea or air in recent days, British military intelligence said on Thursday.

"Ukrainian resistance remains staunch and well-coordinated," The Ministry of Defence said. "The vast majority of Ukrainian territory, including all major cities, remains in Ukrainian hands."

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-military-intelligence-says-russias-invasion-ukraine-has-largely-stalled-2022-03-17/

WTF Moses? A couple weeks ago you said this will all be over in a few days.

Now your dear leader is calling for a "natural but necessary cleansing" of the Russian population. In dictator speak, that translates into you have two options -- blind loyalty to a murderous tyrant or being worked to death in force labor camps in Siberia. Take your pick.

Don't worry Moses, with the amount of bullshit you spew on this forum I'm confident you're sufficiently purified. I'm sure you'll be saved.

Moses
March 18th, 2022, 04:29
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-military-intelligence-says-russias-invasion-ukraine-has-largely-stalled-2022-03-17/

WTF Moses?

Speaks "UK military intelligence" but you ask me? Sorry, I'm only Mi5 boss, I can't be responsible for speeches of wooden heads of soldiers...

Oak heads may say whatever, but fact is - today office of Zelensky announced, what agreement with "Russian" 15 points is reachable in 7-10 days on meetings of Russia and Ukraine. After that is possible meeting of presidents for to sign peace.

Ukrainian source located in Kiev: https://korrespondent.net/ukraine/politics/4458047-v-op-otsenyly-sroky-sohlasovanyia-dohovora-s-rossyei use Google translation

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 05:09
Bloomberg is saying “
President Vladimir Putin can be expected to brandish threats to use nuclear weapons against the West if stiff Ukrainian resistance to Russia’s invasion continues, draining conventional manpower and equipment, according to a new assessment by the Pentagon’s Defence Intelligence Agency.

“Protracted occupation of parts of Ukrainian territory threatens to sap Russian military manpower and reduce their modernised weapons arsenal, while consequent economic sanctions will probably throw Russia into prolonged economic depression and diplomatic isolation,” Lieutenant General Scott Berrier, director of the Defence Intelligence Agency, said in its new 67-page summary of worldwide threats.”

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 05:51
That looks like the trifecta - Putin has lost: Briiish military intelligence, US military intelligence, and my own sources. No wonder Moses wants to characterise it as “spam “

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 07:28
Even the Terminator has a message for the people of Russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e1BndTE6Lg

Now Moses, are you going to disagree with the Terminator?

dab69
March 18th, 2022, 07:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWi3T9okyvA

President Putin Calls Russians Against Invasion ‘Scum And Traitors’

Sounds like Trump...

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 09:01
Even the Terminator has a message for the people of Russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e1BndTE6Lg

Now Moses, are you going to disagree with the Terminator?
“Russia slams 'kindergarten-level libel' after Canada's UN group tweets annotated letter“ - Are they talking about you Matt?

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 09:16
“Russia slams 'kindergarten-level libel' after Canada's UN group tweets annotated letter“ - Are they talking about you Matt?

Nah, that was Uncle John. He's a feisty type of guy.

Dodger
March 18th, 2022, 10:16
Putin’s speech yesterday should have sent chills up everyone’s spine, including the Russian people who are faced with dealing with yet another deranged authoritarian dictator - who emulates Stalin more and more each day as he plummets deeper into the Twilight Zone.

Putin clearly sees Russia as the victim, denouncing the “economic blitzkrieg” of Western sanctions in his remarks, a reference to Adolf Hitler’s favored mode of sudden, overwhelming attack.

He worships Stalin, and his speech yesterday was definitely angrier and stronger than previous speeches. The whole speech was pure Dr. Strangelove including reference to bodily fluids, purification and what not.

Angered, not only by the Russian citizens who are denouncing his war, but also the Oligarchs who are busy pigeon-holing their $$billions$$ as they put Russia and Putin in their rear-view mirrors, by saying… “I will simply spit them out of my mouth like an insect onto the pavement”. Where’s Nurse Ratchet when you need her the most?

One thing that seems clear after his speech is that he’s cemented Russia’s future of being totally isolated from the Free World for many years to come. There’s simply no reversing the damage he’s done. Evan China is freaking out over this lunatic’s actions (regardless of what they say publicly).

Putin is now trying to sow the seeds of division among his own Russian population to take the focus away from HIM, and putting the blame on others for his failures. e.g., Russian’s who fall short of being totally loyal to HIS cause. Right out of Donald Trump’s Play Book. How enchanting.

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 10:22
Putin’s speech yesterday should have sent chills up everyone’s spine

I seen it differently. I seen a desperate and paranoid man lashing out, because he knows full well he's standing on his last legs and the end is nigh.

Now let's just hope he doesn't go postal, and use his nuclear arsenal to take the rest of humanity with him when he inevitably fades out of existence

Dodger
March 18th, 2022, 10:36
According to experts, Putin's speech was evidence of his anger of defeat, both in Ukraine and with the Russian people.

It sounds like the Russian people have to worry about Putin's vengeance just as much as the Ukrainian people at this juncture.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/17/europe/putin-speech-russia-ukraine-conflict-intl-cmd/index.html

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 11:33
I seen it differently. I seen a desperate and paranoid man lashing out, because he knows full well he's standing on his last legs and the end is nigh.

Now let's just hope he doesn't go postal, and use his nuclear arsenal to take the rest of humanity with him when he inevitably fades out of existence

"Confirmation bias"

Dodger
March 18th, 2022, 11:36
4 ways China is quietly making life harder for Russia (see link below):

The positioning of China is so important is because without China's direct support both strategically and militarily, Russia is literally an orphan in Putin's storm.

There's been a tremendous focus on the nature of Putin's miscalculations which led to his Military failures, but what could be even more impacting in the long-term is the reputation of his Military. We've all watched as Russian troops are simply unable to overcome the Ukrainian defenses...constantly becoming bogged down with no apparent backup plans....military leaders who consistently fail to achieve ground objectives, thus proving their incompetance...to troops who admit to not being properly briefed for combat - who also exhibit a serious lack of basic training. All said, the Russian Military is nowhere near the "All Mighty Goliath" that Russia has been projecting to the World for so many years now. The way I see it, this could hurt them even more than the economic sanctions in the long-term.

Putin is falling apart at the seams right now and has to be consumed with paranoia which makes him a very dangerous man. Everyone has their own opinion on this of course, but honestly, the one's I think who should be the most concerned right now are the Russians who are closest to him. The Ukrainians can keep defending themselves...and the supply of advanced military aid coming from the West is endless. But I just can't see him surviving himself for too much longer, and he's definitely not going down alone.

As always, I wish the best outcome for everyone - and Moses that includes you. The Russian people have as much or possibly more to lose than anyone - and I wish no harm to come to any of them. Putin will pay for his mistakes in his next life, when he's in a place where the size of his nuclear arsenal is irrelevant.. The best thing for all of us to remember during times like this, is that all we really have control over in this life is ourselves. That's all that really matters in the big picture.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/17/business/china-russia-sanctions-friction-intl-hnk/index.html

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 12:27
General Roman Gavrilov, deputy head of Russia's National Guard, arrested in apparent purge of military and intelligence commanders. Gen Gavrilov was reportedly arrested either because of "leaks of military info that led to loss of life" or the "wasteful squandering of fuel", according to Christo Grozev, the chief Russia investigator at the Bellingcat open-source intelligence reporting project.

"One thing is clear: it's doubtless that Putin recognises the deep s--- this operation is in," he wrote on Twitter. "It's so bad that he changes horses in mid stream – a big no-no during war."

Gen Gavrilov had previously worked as a commander in the FSO, the military unit tasked with guarding the president. Russia's National Guard has been fighting in Ukraine and has reportedly suffered heavy casualties.

Andrei Soldatov and Irina Borogan, two Russian journalists considered best connected to Russia's intelligence community, said Colonel-General Sergei Beseda, the head of the FSB's Fifth Service, and his deputy, Anatoly Bolyukh, had been arrested for corruption and intelligence failings.

"It looks like two weeks into the war, it finally dawned on Putin that he was completely misled. The department, fearful of his responses, seems to have told Putin what he wanted to hear," they wrote in an article for the Centre for European Policy Analysis, a Washington-based think tank.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/17/vladimir-putin-turns-vows-purify-russia-traitors/

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 12:30
General Roman Gavrilov, deputy head of Russia's National Guard, arrested in apparent purge of military and intelligence commanders

Yeah, apparently Western intelligence thinks he's freaking out and believes the only way Russia could be failing this badly is due to sabotage, so the purge has commenced!

Wonder how long it'll be before Putin purges the wrong person, and finds himself in a cell facing a military court for high crimes against the Russian state.

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 12:36
Yeah, apparently Western intelligence thinks he's freaking out and believes the only way Russia could be failing this badly is due to sabotage, so the purge has commenced!

Wonder how long it'll be before Putin purges the wrong person, and finds himself in a cell facing a military court for high crimes against the Russian state.It will be interesting to read the Kremlin spin doctors’ response. Is there an English edition of Pravda online?

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 12:39
Putin will pay for his mistakes in his next life,

Oh who knows, that could come as early as tommorrow. Russia has a track record of not being overly empathetic towards leaders who lose big time, so Putin may be on his way out sooner than later.

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 13:14
Oh who knows, that could come as early as tommorrow. Russia has a track record of not being overly empathetic towards leaders who lose big time, so Putin may be on his way out sooner than later.Wishful thinking

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 13:39
Wishful thinking

Well, do you think Rambo is available then? He was great at battling Russians, and would have this shit sorted out pronto.

Dodger
March 18th, 2022, 14:17
Wonder how long it'll be before Putin purges the wrong person, and finds himself in a cell facing a military court for high crimes against the Russian state.

Or worse yet, having one of his security guards serve him the same type of fruit juice that Stalin drank back in 1953.

Dodger
March 18th, 2022, 14:23
Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if the highly motivated Ukraine Military shifted from its defensive posture - and launched an all-out attack on the Kremlin?

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 15:27
Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if the highly motivated Ukraine Military shifted from its defensive posture - and launched an all-out attack on the Kremlin?

I think of the Kremlin buildings almost “world heritage site” status

Up2U
March 18th, 2022, 17:20

And so did Russia (USSR) in Afghanistan, 10 years, with far greater losses

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 18:51
And so did Russia (USSR) in Afghanistan, 10 years, with far greater lossesThe failure of the Russian army in Afghanistan and the body bags of dead family members are thought to have helped turn the civilian population of Russia against the army and against the regime. Posters here who reviled me some weeks ago for asking about the body bags in this conflict might consider at my motives. The UN has recently heard messages from confused young Russian soldiers. This is the most likely route for popular support for regime change . Gorbachev didn’t survive as leader of the USSR after he was forced by popular opinion to withdraw Russian troops from Afghanistan

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 20:45
It will be interesting to read the Kremlin spin doctors’ response. Is there an English edition of Pravda online?

The Kremlin has attacked Joe Biden’s "personal insults" aimed at Vladimir Putin, claiming his remarks were fuelled by irritation, fatigue and forgetfulness. In recent days, the US President has labelled Putin a "war criminal" and a "murderous dictator".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/18/ukraine-russia-lunchtime-briefing-five-developments-kremlin/

StevieWonders
March 18th, 2022, 20:48
The Kremlin has attacked Joe Biden’s "personal insults" aimed at Vladimir Putin, claiming his remarks were fuelled by irritation, fatigue and forgetfulness. In recent days, the US President has labelled Putin a "war criminal" and a "murderous dictator".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/03/18/ukraine-russia-lunchtime-briefing-five-developments-kremlin/

We hear and see statements that are actually personal insults to President Putin," a Kremlin spokesman said.

"Given such irritability from Mr Biden, his fatigue and sometimes forgetfulness… fatigue that leads to aggressive statements, we will not make harsh assessments, so as not to cause more aggression."

Moses
March 18th, 2022, 21:02
And so did Russia (USSR) in Afghanistan, 10 years, with far greater losses

USSR was weak. Is NATO +US the same weak? 20 years and ran with shame in 72 hours ...

cdnmatt
March 18th, 2022, 23:20
USSR was weak.

And quite obviously, so is Russia. Considering their performance in Ukraine, far weaker than anyone in the West expected, that's for sure.

We all bought into the bullshit lies and propaganda about how strong you were back during the Cold War, so not sure why we fell for it again. Lesson learned. After this debacle, Putin going onto the world stage and acting as a tough guy as if Russia can go toe to toe with NATO or something is a bit of a laughing stock around the world.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 01:32
If reports are true, apparently Russia has decided to be kind enough to supply Ukrainian troops with more weaponary, including lots of expensive and high powered military vehicles, etc.

Russians are just parking their vehicles on the side of the road, abandoning them, and wandering off. So naturally Ukrainians go collect all the vehicles, and have brand new expensive tanks and things to use.

That's pretty nice of them.

StevieWonders
March 19th, 2022, 02:18
If reports are true, apparently Russia has decided to be kind enough to supply Ukrainian troops with more weaponary, including lots of expensive and high powered military vehicles, etc.

Russians are just parking their vehicles on the side of the road, abandoning them, and wandering off. So naturally Ukrainians go collect all the vehicles, and have brand new expensive tanks and things to use.

That's pretty nice of them.

Any reports of deserters from the Russian arny?

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 02:34
Any reports of deserters from the Russian arny?

Lots of reports, but obviously a little difficult to verify. It's been all over the news for a couple days now, so you should have seen it. For example, US intelligence puts Russian fatalities at 7000, right?

I guess Ukrainian intelligence puts it at 15,000, but they're including everyone that's been taking off the battlefield such as injured, POWs and deserters. Assuming the reports are true that Russia didn't give the soldiers the full story of what's up when sending them into Ukraine, then it makes sense. I'm sure lots of the Russian soldiers are totally traumatized by now, especially after watching some of their friends die.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 03:37
Looks like Russia just lost it's BFF China.

Sounds like Biden and Xi Je Ping had a good call, China came out and said state to state conflicts can not be used to resolve disputes, and since China and the US have the two largest economies and are permanent members of the UN Security Council they need to work together to provide the world the leadership it needs.

Oh, that and reports that Lavrov's plane turned back mid-flight from Russia to China, haha.

Moses
March 19th, 2022, 03:41
Looks like Russia just lost it's BFF China.

Sounds like Biden and Xi Je Ping had a good call, China came out and said state to state conflicts can not be used to resolve disputes, and since China and the US have the two largest economies and are permanent members of the UN Security Council they need to work together to provide the world the leadership it needs.

Oh, that and reports that Lavrov's plane turned back mid-flight from Russia to China, haha.

Are you sure? Use first hand facts and google traslator http://www.news.cn/politics/leaders/2022-03/18/c_1128483866.htm

How stupid looks this your propaganda from TV :)

Especially now, when Russia, China, India and UAE just made agreement about trade in rubles.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 04:00
Then why did Lavrov's plane get turned around mid-flight?

Moses
March 19th, 2022, 04:04
Then why did Lavrov's plane get turned around mid-flight?

Chinese already answered to this bullshit: "you should ask German newspaper Bild about that".

My opinion: it is hard for Lavrov to hold press conference in Moscow and at the same time be in the air on the way to China.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 04:22
Chinese already answered to this bullshit: "you should ask German newspaper Bild about that".

My opinion: it is hard for Lavrov to hold press conference in Moscow and at the same time be in the air on the way to China.

Ahhh, those damn scheduling conflicts that sneak up on you mid-flight.

At least Lavrov has his priorities straight. Stand up the Chinese to give a press conference in Moscow.

Moses
March 19th, 2022, 04:22
So did Russia default today, or what's up?

It's a guarantee they're going to default.

Do you want to eat your hat, Matt?

Moses
March 19th, 2022, 04:24
Ahhh, those damn scheduling conflicts that sneak up on you mid-flight.

At least Lavrov has his priorities straight. Stand up the Chinese to give a press conference in Moscow.

All medias have no proof what this flight even existed. All have remarks "as per Bild"...

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 04:30
Do you want to eat your hat, Matt?

How about you quote me properly instead of being an idiot?

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 05:32
There we go, now it's starting to make the rounds in media.

Beijing: Chinese leader Xi Jinping said war is "in no one's interest" during a phone call Friday with Joe Biden in which the US president aimed to pressure Beijing into joining Western condemnation of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The 1:50 hour-long phone call ended at 10:53 am in Washington (1453 GMT), the White House said.

State broadcaster CCTV reported Xi saying during the call that "state-to-state relations cannot go to the stage of military hostilities."

China and the United States should "shoulder international responsibilities," Xi was quoted as saying, as well as declaring that "peace and security are the most valued treasures of the international community."

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/chinas-xi-speaks-to-biden-on-ukraine-says-the-two-countries-should-shoulder-our-due-international-responsibilities-2830437

Dodger
March 19th, 2022, 12:12
The opportunity for Lavrov to meet with Xi one day before Xi's critical conference call with Biden would have been an absolute priority with Putin. The only way his plane got turned around is for the meeting to have gotten canceled. And the only one who could have canceled that meeting was Xi. Yes, I know...pure speculation. But that's what I'm going with.

Xi has enough of his own concerns right now, and the last thing he needs is Lavrov wanting to give him a blowjob for the sake of "perception" when he's busy preparing for his third term in office, a mass escalation of covid, a faltering economy of his own, and trying to prepare for a critical phone conversation with the President of the United States.

China isn't about to get pulled any deeper into this mess than it already has regardless of how hard Russia or the U.S. try. He'll continue walking the fine line till hell freezes over before jeopardizing his own economy, but at the same time, hoping for a quick solution. The main thing China is concerned with right now, and rightly so, is their economy which Putin's War is threatening to completely destabilize.

I read somewhere that China's exports to Russia are around 150 Billion, where combined exports to the EU and U.S. (which could be threatened if China were to make the wrong decision), total somewhere around 1.2 trillion. Xi's no fool. He knows which side of his bread gets the butter.

I like what I've heard so far regarding Xi and Biden's conference call yesterday. I was especially delighted to hear that Biden was able to stay awake during the 2 hour conversation and didn't start blabbering nonsense like he sometimes does. The statement apparently made by Xi that China and the U.S., should stand together as the Worlds two largest economies, and shoulder the responsibilities for encouraging a peaceful solution to the war in Ukraine.

For either side (China or the U.S.) to allow Putin to manipulate them, more than he already has, is nothing more than the tail wagging the dog. I think their acknowledgement to "work together" was the most important take-away from the meeting.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 12:46
Why does everyone, especially in the West, act all confused as to what China's stance is? I think they've been very clear and upfront about their stance. They don't want this war, and they don't like war, because it's bad for bsiness. They have their own plans of global domination, and that is taking over the world economically, which they've been doing an excellent job of in the past decades.

Chaotic wars screw all that up, so they don't want war. They're perfectly content slowly and surely usurping the entire global financial system without firing a single shot.

China doesn't give a shit about Russia. China only cares about China. And I'm assuming now due to Ukraine turning into such a complete clusterfuck, not to mention Putin going to them with, "yeah, listen man, we're kind of running low on missiles and money, think you could help us out?", China has most likely recalibrated their view as to where Russia fits into their plans.

Moses
March 19th, 2022, 13:56
Why does everyone, especially in the West, act all confused as to what China's stance is? I think they've been very clear and upfront about their stance. They don't want this war, and they don't like war, because it's bad for bsiness. They have their own plans of global domination, and that is taking over the world economically, which they've been doing an excellent job of in the past decades.

Chaotic wars screw all that up, so they don't want war. They're perfectly content slowly and surely usurping the entire global financial system without firing a single shot.

China doesn't give a shit about Russia. China only cares about China. And I'm assuming now due to Ukraine turning into such a complete clusterfuck, not to mention Putin going to them with, "yeah, listen man, we're kind of running low on missiles and money, think you could help us out?", China has most likely recalibrated their view as to where Russia fits into their plans.

Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian on the situation around Ukraine (March 17):

The US government's decision to expand NATO eastward is directly related to the current crisis in Ukraine.
The perpetrators of the Ukrainian crisis should think deeply about their role in it, take their responsibilities seriously and take practical steps to defuse the situation and resolve the problem, instead of blaming others.
China's position on the Ukrainian issue is honest and objective, and the countries that should really "feel uncomfortable" are those who think they won the Cold War and can dominate the world, ignore the concerns of other countries and continue to promote NATO's five-round expansion in an easterly direction.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 14:09
Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian on the situation around Ukraine (March 17):

The US government's decision to expand NATO eastward is directly related to the current crisis in Ukraine.
The perpetrators of the Ukrainian crisis should think deeply about their role in it, take their responsibilities seriously and take practical steps to defuse the situation and resolve the problem, instead of blaming others.
China's position on the Ukrainian issue is honest and objective, and the countries that should really "feel uncomfortable" are those who think they won the Cold War and can dominate the world, ignore the concerns of other countries and continue to promote NATO's five-round expansion in an easterly direction.

Ok.... how does that go against anything I said? Yeah, in the West know China doesn't like us and would prefer to rule the world. We're well aware of that.

As the Albanian president recently said, instead of Russia getting pissed off the countries keep going EU and NATO, but should ask themselves why they all want to join? It's not like they're being forced to join at the barrel of a gun, or anything. That's what Putin does, not the West.

cdnmatt
March 19th, 2022, 23:34
Thinking about this, and what's China's policy on being expansionary? Oh right, putting developing nations so far into debt under unfair terms, knowing full well they'll never be able to pay it back. Then when the country inevitably defaults on said loan, China takes over the major aspects of their economy, thus effectively owning said country.

What's Russia's policy? Just roll in with tanks and say, "we used to own you, and we decided we do again, so now you're part of Russia".

What's the EU / NATO policy on being expansionary? None, really. Countries ask to join EU / NATO, nobody is forcing anyone here. It's actually the opposite, and there's usually a bunch of bitching and complaining by various EU members saying they don't want this or that country to join for fear it'll hurt their own economies.

When someone asks though, they basically always get the same response. "Well, maybe you can join, but considering the state of your country you're going to have to go through about a decade of reforms before you meet our standards, then we can discuss". Countries are by no means being forced here, and they're voluntarily willing to go through said reforms, because obviously being part of the bloc comes with massive benefits. That's called being inclusive, not expansionary.

So I'm sorry, but China can kind of fuck off when it comes to complaining that the West is too expansionary. Look at what they're doing in literally every corner of the globe.

cdnmatt
March 20th, 2022, 00:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUWqRkEEgiI

Up2U
March 20th, 2022, 06:28
The Russians first wanted to cleanse Ukraine of the neo-Nazis(which was propaganda) and now "people like to us" too.

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-orthodox-church-leader-blames-invasion-ukraines-gay-pride-1685636

dab69
March 20th, 2022, 08:36
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18000210/putin-loses-fifth-general-blow-invasion-ukraine/

KILLED IN ACTION Fifth Russian general ‘killed’ as Ukrainian forces ‘shoot down two planes & three helicopters’ in overnight blitz

cdnmatt
March 20th, 2022, 09:42
Now reports coming out that Russians are rounding up Mariupol residents, checking documents, and forcibly deporting them to camps inside Russia.

Well, that's not very nice.

Moses
March 20th, 2022, 15:27
Now reports coming out that Russians are rounding up Mariupol residents, checking documents, and forcibly deporting them to camps inside Russia.

Well, that's not very nice.

Yeah, and after arrival to camps resident are utilized in portable nuclear reactors. Some more news from most trusted TV programs?

By the way: Ukraine just canceled function of 10 more political parties from center of political specter.

StevieWonders
March 20th, 2022, 15:54
Yeah, and after arrival to camps resident are utilized in portable nuclear reactors. Some more news from most trusted TV programs?

By the way: Ukraine just canceled function of 10 more political parties from center of political specter.Was Navalny’ s group one of them or is he not represented in Ukraine)? I think of him more from the centre of the political sphincter

Moses
March 20th, 2022, 15:58
Was Navalny’ s group one of them or is he not represented in Ukraine)? I think of him more from the centre of the political sphincter

Note: Naval'ny supports Crimean operation, so his group has no chance to be represented in modern Ukraine.

cdnmatt
March 20th, 2022, 16:07
By the way: Ukraine just canceled function of 10 more political parties from center of political specter.

Just Googled it, and no idea what you're on about. Is that what Russian state TV is saying now? Ukraine decided to double down on being Nazis?

But yes Moses, it should be no surprise the political process in Ukraine is on pause at the moment, because you know... they're a bit pre-occupied with 190,000 Russians swarming around their country with guns and tanks and shit.

Actually, n/m... about 175k RUssians now, and counting down. One more general gone today. Is it normal to lose 5 generals in less than a month?

Moses
March 20th, 2022, 16:16
Just Googled it, and no idea what you're on about. Is that what Russian state TV is saying now? Ukraine decided to double down on being Nazis?

But yes Moses, it should be no surprise the political process in Ukraine is on pause at the moment, because you know... they're a bit pre-occupied with 190,000 Russians swarming around their country with guns and tanks and shit.

Actually, n/m... about 175k RUssians now, and counting down. One more general gone today. Is it normal to lose 5 generals in less than a month?

https://www.unian.net/politics/opzzh-partiya-shariya-i-ne-tolko-snbo-reshil-ostanovit-deyatelnost-ryada-partiy-novosti-ukraina-11751409.html it is Ukrainian source... your mass-media need time to translate, interpretate in line with official position and explain to you why Ukraine does it

about generals: unlike NATO generals from offices, Russian generals really take participation at time of military operations in fields and even piloting aircrafts, so, yes, sometimes they may be killed... there are about 1100 generals in Russian army, so if Ukrainian army will save temp and kill 5 generals every month, after one year they will kill 5.4% generals in Russian army (not really, because they will be substituted).

Moses
March 20th, 2022, 16:57
https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/digital-images/org/fa23d575-0b08-4183-a01d-f2a414f9c290.JPG

Can you imagine how stupid are Ukrainian military officers? They allows to Ukrainian soldiers to sleep in military barracks in permanent military base within city, what is surrounded by Russian army from 3 sides...

5 buildings were destroyed, each is (was) house for 200 soldiers.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-19-22/h_a132a38a019bd152d8b0d1fda714e56b

StevieWonders
March 20th, 2022, 20:12
[Can you imagine how stupid are Ukrainian military officers?
Of course we can, we have Matt

cdnmatt
March 20th, 2022, 23:46
Of course we can, we have Matt

You're just jealous because your come backs aren't as witty as mine.

And yep Moses, pretty stupid. Almost as stupid as showing up to a war without any food. Btw... it was dozens, not 1000 soldiers.

StevieWonders
March 21st, 2022, 02:55
You're just jealous because your come backs aren't as witty as mine.I didn’t expect you to prove my point quite that quickly, Matt

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 04:54
Rallying cries from NATO members to step in and do more seem to be getting louder.

StevieWonders
March 21st, 2022, 08:24
Rallying cries from NATO members to step in and do more seem to be getting louder.which NATO members? Links?

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 08:33
which NATO members? Links?

Does the UN Secretary General work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMV0oXbUN8

StevieWonders
March 21st, 2022, 08:37
Does the UN Secretary General work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMV0oXbUN8My point about your foolishness is once again proven. The UN is not a member of NATO, nor is the Secretary General of the UN a member of any NATO body. At best the UN Secretary-General may be calling on NATO. But Russia is a founding member of the UN and has a veto in the UN Security Council.

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 08:46
There were several today, I just can't be fucked to look them up.

StevieWonders
March 21st, 2022, 08:58
There were several today, I just can't be fucked to look them up.Moses has got you well and truly figured out Matt - you’re a complete idiot

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 09:02
Moses has got you well and truly figured out Matt - you’re a complete idiot

Having a shitty day at work, go find someone else to bitch to. Not in the mood.

Dodger
March 21st, 2022, 09:29
......about generals: unlike NATO generals from offices, Russian generals really take participation at time of military operations in fields and even piloting aircrafts, so, yes, sometimes they may be killed... .

Russian Generals are participating in front-line activities much more than Generals normally do in combat situations, but it's because they have to, not because they want to. The primary reason for this is because of serious "breaks in communication" between Rear Command and Front Line troop maneuvers - forcing Generals to travel to front lines themselves to communicate directly with troops. This is almost unheard of. The last time the U.S. communicated this way was back in 1860 with the Pony Express.

Modern Militaries normally enter into combat supported by tactical signal support operations which are fully integrated in troop deployments for this very reason. The way the Russian Military is botching the planning and execution of these maneuvers is one for the record books.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/03/20/ukraine-russian-generals-patraeus-sotu-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/russia-ukraine-military-conflict/

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 10:01
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-20/germany-reaches-deal-to-buy-qatari-gas-in-pivot-from-russia

Moses
March 21st, 2022, 13:40
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-20/germany-reaches-deal-to-buy-qatari-gas-in-pivot-from-russia

“Now it’s up to companies to sign the contracts,” Habeck said in a Twitter video.

yeah... no terminals, no companies who want to buy LNG in 1.5 times higher price, but "Germany reaches" ... good luck to Germany.

StevieWonders
March 21st, 2022, 13:51
yeah... no terminals, no companies who want to buy LNG in 1.5 times higher price, but "Germany reaches" ... good luck to Germany.

I've been waiting for Matt to tell us that Qatar is a NATO country

Moses
March 21st, 2022, 13:54
Russian Generals are participating in front-line activities much more than Generals normally do in combat situations, but it's because they have to, not because they want to. The primary reason for this is because of serious "breaks in communication" between Rear Command and Front Line troop maneuvers - forcing Generals to travel to front lines themselves to communicate directly with troops. This is almost unheard of. The last time the U.S. communicated this way was back in 1860 with the Pony Express.

Modern Militaries normally enter into combat supported by tactical signal support operations which are fully integrated in troop deployments for this very reason. The way the Russian Military is botching the planning and execution of these maneuvers is one for the record books.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/03/20/ukraine-russian-generals-patraeus-sotu-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/russia-ukraine-military-conflict/

yeah, retired US army general for sure know what is going in Russian army... he has experience to serve in Russian army and saw by own eyes what communication in army is laying on the shoulders of polar bears... when bears are too much tired like now, then generals themselves have to visit front line... sure-sure...

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 14:15
I've been waiting for Matt to tell us that Qatar is a NATO country

Of course Qatar is not part of NATO. They're part of MI6, everyone knows that.

Moses
March 21st, 2022, 15:45
Yesterday Zelensky had zoom speech in Knesset. Wrong tone.

Reaction of members of parliament:

MK Simcha Rothman took issue with Zelensky’s reference to Ukrainians who saved Jews and tweeted: “I don’t understand Ukrainian, but if the translation I heard is accurate, Zelensky asked us to treat the Ukrainians like they treated us 80 years ago. I’m sorry, but I think we will have to reject that request. We are, after all, a moral nation.”

“I appreciate the President of Ukraine and support the Ukrainian people in heart and deed, but it is impossible to rewrite the terrible history of the Holocaust,” Communications Minister Yoaz Hendel tweeted.

Former cabinet minister Yuval Steinitz, now a Likud MK, went so far as to say, “If Zelensky’s speech was given... in normal [non-war] times, we would have said it bordered on Holocaust denial... Every comparison between a regular war, as difficult as it may be, and the extermination of millions of Jews in gas chambers in the framework of the Final Solution, is a total distortion of history. The same is true for the claim that Ukrainians helped Jews in the Holocaust... The historic truth is that the Ukrainian people cannot be proud of its behavior in the Holocaust of the Jews.”

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-701850

Dodger
March 21st, 2022, 16:09
yeah, retired US army general for sure know what is going in Russian army... he has experience to serve in Russian army and saw by own eyes what communication in army is laying on the shoulders of polar bears...

I don't think the U.S. General on CNN was implying that he "knew anything for sure". He was simply drawing logical assumptions based on his knowledge of warfare and the situations in Ukraine as they unfold.

It's a well-known fact that Guerrilla Warfare is a Generals worst nightmare, e.g., too many moving pieces - ambushes - sabotage - raids - hit-and-run tactics, and mobility, etc. Much of the success that Ukraine is having now against a much larger Russian military is credited to them using these flexible tactics versus conventional tactics.

Generals who are leading invasion's in these conditions have to be more flexible and mobile because there is no definitive Font-Line(s) anymore. Snipers are also much more active in Guerilla settings - and nailing a General gets them a night off, a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a feather in their cap. My assumption (right or wrong) is that we see more Russian Generals falling causality for this reason.

Moses
March 21st, 2022, 16:23
I don't think the U.S. General on CNN was implying that he "knew anything for sure". He was simply drawing logical assumptions based on his knowledge of warfare and the situations in Ukraine as they unfold.

It's a well-known fact that Guerrilla Warfare is a Generals worst nightmare, e.g., too many moving pieces - ambushes - sabotage - raids - hit-and-run tactics, and mobility, etc. Much of the success that Ukraine is having now against a much larger Russian military is credited to them using these flexible tactics versus conventional tactics.

Generals who are leading invasion's in these conditions have to be more flexible and mobile because there is no definitive Font-Line(s) anymore. Snipers are also much more active in Guerilla settings - and nailing a General gets them a night off, a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a feather in their cap. My assumption (right or wrong) is that we see more Russian Generals falling causality for this reason.

Guerrilla war is possible only in countries where is no quite big opposing minority. If to talk about Ukraine, then we can talk about 3 regions at north-west, i.e. Galicia - region near Polish border, there are living less than 10% of Russians. In all other regions are living about 25-40% of Russians and that means 25-40% of eyes everywhere, ears everywhere and any Russian understand Ukrainian language. In such conditions any guerrilla war will be very short, because Russians are after 8 years of pressure of Ukrainian nationalists, so they will watch closely around.

All East of Ukraine is most populated with Russians. Central Ukraine is steppes - there are nowhere to hide. And only some western regions near borders with Poland and Slovakia are somehow hills and small smooth mountains (almost without forest, because of barbarian lumber harvesting). There is no ground for long lasting resistance.

cdnmatt
March 21st, 2022, 20:20
There is no ground for long lasting resistance.

Comes from the guy who said this will be over in a few days over two weeks ago.

I think it's safe to say Russia sucks at war. You have sheer manpower and weaponary, but your utilization of it is just atrocious, at least from all reports here. With seemingingly little to no control structure, communication or logistics in general, you just surround cities than proceed to bomb and shell them back into the stone age from a distance.

show up without proper communication, then are surprised to find out the +7 Russia calling code has been blocked in Ukraine, so resort to stealing cell phones from Ukrainians so you can talk to each other. That doesn't work very well, so generals find themselves at the front lines at which point a sniper picks them off.

Moses
March 21st, 2022, 22:37
I think it's safe to say Russia sucks at war.

Yeah, you already promised default, wrong reaction of China and many other things. What can I say? Your expertise looks like sucked from the.... hm... finger.

Biden’s outreach failed to prod Xi to commit to leveraging Chinese influence to end Russia’s aggression in Ukraine or to even use the term “invasion.” The call instead provoked Xi’s implicit criticism of the alleged U.S. role in fomenting the crisis, perceived U.S. meddling in Taiwan and bitterness toward threatened U.S. sanctions against China if it aids Russia’s war effort.

Messaging from the Chinese foreign ministry just hours ahead of Xi’s call with Biden suggested that any decisions China makes about the Ukraine crisis are unlikely to meet U.S. expectations. Instead, the Chinese government appears to be doubling down on its alignment with Russia and in opposition to U.S. efforts to compel Russian President Vladimir Putin to stop the war in Ukraine.

“What the US should do is to seriously reflect on its role in the Ukraine crisis and the part it has played, effectively assume its due responsibilities, and take practical actions to ease the situation and solve the problem, instead of continuing to add fuel to the fire and shifting problems,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said. “As the culprit of the Ukraine crisis, why does the US keep smearing China instead of reflecting on the security predicament in Europe caused by the eastward expansion of US-led NATO?”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/18/bidens-call-with-xi-bilateral-deadlock-00018622

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 04:14
Who here told about guerrilla war? It is started already. Problem is - it is started on controlling by Ukraine territory.

Source is Ukrainian https://korrespondent.net/ukraine/4459159-mvd-bolshynstvo-zaderzhannykh-dyversantov-ukrayntsy (use google translate)

Translation:

The overwhelming majority of the detained saboteurs are citizens of Ukraine. This was announced by the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Denis Monastyrsky.

"During the 25 days of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, 1,271 crimes against national security were registered. Of these, 922 were infringements on the territorial integrity and inviolability of the borders of Ukraine, 244 were for high treason, 48 were for sabotage crimes, and 57 were for others," Monastyrsky said. .

StevieWonders
March 22nd, 2022, 04:53
Who here told about guerrilla war? It is started already. Problem is - it is started on controlling by Ukraine territory.:I don’t know about you guys but I’m wetting myself with excitement

Dodger
March 22nd, 2022, 09:14
Who here told about guerrilla war? It is started already......:

Some people seem to think that the Guerrilla Warfare Tactics we're seeing deployed in this war were first developed when Putin launched his attack. Wrong!

The Guerrilla tactics, along with all the other combat strategies being used by the Ukrainians first started getting developed and honed back in 2014 when Crimea was annexed.

Extensive and intensive training has been provided to Ukraine over the past 8 years with instructors ranging from CIA operatives, ex special forces assets from several different NATO countries and their allies, and skilled military instructors from various sections of the NATO structure, e.g., Chiefs of Defense of NATO member countries, International Military Staff, military Command Structure which is comprised of Allied Command Operations and Allied Command Transformation, headed respectively by the Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR) and the Supreme Allied Commander, Transformation (SACT), as well as assets from NATO's four multinational battalion-size battlegroups stationed in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland Whew...that's a mouthful!

For anyone to think that Ukraine could hold the Russian military at bay this long. let alone terminate as many Russian troops and destroy as much military hardware as the Ukrainians have to date without this type of support are extremely naïve.

Russian people living in Ukraine pose no threat to Ukrainian military objectives whatsoever. NATO (and others) understood this well before this war started. To assume they would support the Russian military in any way, at the same time as their homes are being destroyed and family members killed would be one hell of a stretch.

The bad part of this is that the war can last forever. Putin would need to put a million troops in Ukraine just to maintain control of scattered sections of the country...which would almost assuredly be dynamic in nature...where control would change hands with the wind. The northern and western regions especially due to the mountainous landscape. Guerrillas love the mountains!

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2022, 09:48
Now Biden is warning about a cyber attack from Russia to US shortly.

Surfcrest
March 22nd, 2022, 12:18
Nearly 10,000 Russian soldiers killed in the “military operation” so far and over 16,000 injured. That’s news that’s going to be difficult to suppress once those family’s boys don’t come home…or without all their pieces.

Surfcrest

https://www.9news.com.au/world/russia-ukraine-war-death-toll-russian-soldiers-killed-kremlin-kyiv-invasion/92d7a75a-914b-4ef1-ab87-973faec330a3

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 12:51
Nearly 10,000 Russian soldiers killed in the “military operation” so far and over 16,000 injured. That’s news that’s going to be difficult to suppress once those family’s boys don’t come home…or without all their pieces.

Surfcrest

https://www.9news.com.au/world/russia-ukraine-war-death-toll-russian-soldiers-killed-kremlin-kyiv-invasion/92d7a75a-914b-4ef1-ab87-973faec330a3

Why not write 100,000,000?

All soldiers serving by contracts, so families knew about risks from start of the service. Here isn't declared mobilization, and every one soldier may quit from service at any time.

Real numbers of fatalities may be found in reports of insurance companies what insure soldiers. Right now it is around 1000.

By the way: it is easy to recognize fake propaganda about fatalities - in true news ratio btw killed and injured should be 1:4 - 1:5

StevieWonders
March 22nd, 2022, 12:55
Why not write 100,000,000?
That's 100 million

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 13:00
That's 100 million

exactly...

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2022, 13:08
Good thing the Russians brought mobile cremiumatoriums with them.

Those body bags looked horrible back in the Afghanistan days. Apparently, lesson learned.

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 13:25
Good thing the Russians brought mobile cremiumatoriums with them.

Those body bags looked horrible back in the Afghanistan days. Apparently, lesson learned.

It is fake news again. You can easy find that "mobile crematorium" and video what is posted as a proof of their existence at youtube - ZAO Turmalin is manufacturer of mobile incinerators for elimination of biohazardous objects of 1-4 class. Located in Sankt-Petersburg. Video form fake news was recorded as advertising in 2013. On the video model ИН-50.

Kiev's propaganda already used that video in 2014 as a proof of big loss within "separatists".

Welcome https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWp_NTIjWSTYmtZT4h5oVYA

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2022, 13:27
I'm confused though. If all this bullshit is to protect and save the Russian people, why totally level a city like Mariupol that has ~70% Russian speaking population?

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 13:51
NYT, 2015: Azov Battalion is "openly neo-Nazi"

NYT, yesterday: Azov Battalion is "far-right"

All you have to do to lose your status as a "Nazi" is fight on the side of the US.

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 14:00

On Wednesday, New York Rep. Max Rose, who chairs the counterterrorism subcommittee, submitted a letter to the State Department, co-signed by 39 members of Congress. It urged the department to designate Azov Battalion (a far-right paramilitary regiment in Ukraine), National Action (a neo-Nazi group based in the U.K.), and Nordic Resistance Movement (a neo-Nazi network from Scandinavia) as terrorist organizations.

“It’s clear that the threat we face today is of a self-radicalized gunman,” Rose, a Democrat, told VICE News. “Somebody who has been radicalized online, whether it’s in accordance with jihadi ideology or a global white nationalist, neo-Nazi group.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/59nqmq/house-democrats-just-demanded-these-neo-nazi-groups-be-prosecuted-as-international-terrorists

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2022, 14:08
Yes Moses, we know, Putin is just doing us all a favor. We're all just being ungrateful.

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 14:14
HEARING

BEFORE THE

SUBCOMMITTEE ON
INTELLIGENCE AND
COUNTERTERRORISM

OF THE

COMMITTEE ON HOMELAND SECURITY
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

ONE HUNDRED SEVENTEENTH CONGRESS

FIRST SESSION

APRIL 29, 2021

Serial No. 117-10

A handful of Americans have even sought
to travel overseas to take up arms and fight alongside these
groups. We saw it, for instance, in September 2019 when a U.S.
Army soldier at Fort Riley--who was planning to travel to
Ukraine to fight with the Azov Battalion, a paramilitary
militia--was arrested for distributing bomb-making
instructions.
We have seen this for 20 years as individual Americans get
radicalized on-line, seek out groups, like al-Qaeda in Yemen,
and share tactics, ideology, and, in some cases, carry out
deadly attacks on the United States.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-117hhrg44824/html/CHRG-117hhrg44824.htm

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 14:16
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/ukraine/images/azov-bn.gif

Time magazine, 2021

Outside Ukraine, Azov occupies a central role in a network of extremist groups stretching from California across Europe to New Zealand, according to law enforcement officials on three continents. And it acts as a magnet for young men eager for combat experience. Ali Soufan, a security consultant and former FBI agent who has studied Azov, estimates that more than 17,000 foreign fighters have come to Ukraine over the past six years from 50 countries.

The vast majority have no apparent links to far-right ideology. But as Soufan looked into the recruitment methods of Ukraine’s more radical militias, he found an alarming pattern. It reminded him of Afghanistan in the 1990s, after Soviet forces withdrew and the U.S. failed to fill the security vacuum. “Pretty soon the extremists took over. The Taliban was in charge. And we did not wake up until 9/11,” Soufan tells TIME. “This is the parallel now with Ukraine.”

At a hearing of the House Committee on Homeland Security in September 2019, Soufan urged lawmakers to take the threat more seriously. The following month, 40 members of Congress signed a letter calling—unsuccessfully—for the U.S. State Department to designate Azov a foreign terrorist organization. “Azov has been recruiting, radicalizing, and training American citizens for years,” the letter said. Christopher Wray, the director of the FBI, later confirmed in testimony to the U.S. Senate that American white supremacists are “actually traveling overseas to train.”

https://time.com/5926750/azov-far-right-movement-facebook/ longread with a lot of details

Dodger
March 22nd, 2022, 15:48
According to numerous reports (go ahead and Google them), the Neo Nazi movement is active in at least 33 countries on 6 continents - which includes almost all of Europe and the U.S. If this was Putin's motive for attacking Ukraine - then the rest of Europe and the U.S. would be next.

Anyone who believes Putin's neo Nazi line has to be either extremely gullible...totally brainwashed...or a combination of both. As they would say in Chicago..."He's pissing down your backs and telling you it's just raining outside".

Anyone who's confused about this just has to ask themselves one simple question: Would the killing of thousands of innocent civilians, including defenseless women and children, be justified because of a hunt for "bad guys" who represent less than 0.2% of the population??? Do you get the picture - or do you still think it's just the rain?

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 15:55
According to numerous reports (go ahead and Google them), the Neo Nazi movement is active in at least 33 countries on 6 continents - which includes almost all of Europe and the U.S. If this was Putin's motive for attacking Ukraine - then the rest of Europe and the U.S. would be next.

Anyone who believes Putin's neo Nazi line has to be either extremely gullible...totally brainwashed...or a combination of both. As they would say in Chicago..."He's pissing down your backs and telling you it's just raining outside".

Anyone who's confused about this just has to ask themselves one simple question: Would the killing of thousands of innocent civilians, including defenseless women and children, be justified because of a hunt for "bad guys" who represent less than 0.2% of the population??? Do you get the picture - or do you still think it's just the rain?

yes, that's right, but only in Ukraine neo-nazi are based in state military academia, are sponsored by state, have military cars and heavy weaponry, and are part of state guard system under control of ministry of internal affairs...

by the way: " the killing of thousands of innocent civilians" is just Kiev's propaganda... officially published by UN number yesterday is below 1000: Russia doesn't use that barbarian methods what US used when vaporized tens of thousands Japanese in Hiroshima and Nagasaki just in 1 minute, or burned tens of thousands Vietnamese by burning whole villages.

cdnmatt
March 22nd, 2022, 16:11
Yeah, Dodger! They've fired off over 1100 missiles and only killed less than 1000 civilians.

That's because Russians are awesome, and the most advanced military in the world with amazin surgical precision of all missiles to ensure no civilian deaths.

I'm with ya Moses! When do the Putin statues and shrines get constructed all throughout the land?

Moses
March 22nd, 2022, 16:20
Yeah, Dodger! They've fired off over 1100 missiles and only killed less than 1000 civilians.

That's because Russians are awesome, and the most advanced military in the world with amazin surgical precision of all missiles to ensure no civilian deaths.

I'm with ya Moses! When do the Putin statues and shrines get constructed all throughout the land?

Matt, US is far from hypersonic missiles technology what are already in Russian and Chinese armies. Check for "Kinzhal" brand, what has been used 2 night ago for to burn Ukrainian underground ammo warehouse (formerly USSR nuclear warehouse burred 50 meters deep), Pentagon already confirmed that launch, video is widely circulated on Youtube. There is no protection against such missiles at the West, no one Western technology can intercept such missiles. Russian S-500 can do it.

Dodger
March 22nd, 2022, 17:33
......by the way: " the killing of thousands of innocent civilians" is just Kiev's propaganda... officially published by UN number yesterday is below 1000:.

Frankly, I don't believe the numbers being reported by either side.

What I do believe is what I see with my eyes: Daily international video broadcasts coming from a myriad of sources showing entire towns completely destroyed by Russian bombs and missiles...including civilian structures like schools hospitals, etc. in highly populated areas - which tells me that after 3 weeks of constant bombardment the number of civilian casualties across Ukraine is somewhere in the "thousands" not "hundreds" like some would want you to believe.

Both sides are reporting numbers that are so far skewed from this reality that it 's best to just ignore them and use common sense. Better yet, just subscribe to the notion that ONE unnecessary civilian death is too many, and leave all the spins and twisted rationalizations to the politicians.

gerefan2
March 22nd, 2022, 17:48
Both sides are reporting numbers that are so far skewed from this reality that it 's best to just ignore them and use common sense. Better yet, just subscribe to the notion that ONE unnecessary civilian death is too many, and leave all the spins and twisted rationalizations to the politicians.

But we have nearly 120 pages, mainly written by three posters, discussing just that.

Where would it leave them?!

Brad the Impala
March 22nd, 2022, 17:55
There are foul and unacceptable groups of extreme right wing nationalists fighting on both sides unfortunately. However they are fighting on Ukranian territory because of the Russian invasion and it is the Ukranian population that is suffering as a result of that invasion.

Russian mercenaries fighting in Ukraine, including the Kremlin-backed Wagner Group, have been linked to far-right extremism including an organisation designated by the US as terrorist, analysis reveals.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/russian-mercenaries-in-ukraine-linked-to-far-right-extremists

Andy
March 22nd, 2022, 22:55
I wonder, Moses, if at least one person on this forum agrees with your interpretation of what is happening?..

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2022, 01:56
I wonder, Moses, if at least one person on this forum agrees with your interpretation of what is happening?..

Of course not, but that's simply because we're not awesome like Russians are. Us simpletons just don't get it.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 02:38
There are foul and unacceptable groups of extreme right wing nationalists fighting on both sides unfortunately. However they are fighting on Ukranian territory because of the Russian invasion and it is the Ukranian population that is suffering as a result of that invasion.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/russian-mercenaries-in-ukraine-linked-to-far-right-extremists

Wagners - are private commercial company. They can't be "linked". It is first. Second: "Wagner group" aren't state structure. They accept orders from wide specter of different customers: from Mali, Iraq, Syrian govts till just regular oil companies like Shell and so on.

They aren't sitting in state military academy, they haven't parliament members, they aren't sponsored by state.

Feel the difference: neo-Nazi Azov is incorporated into state structures

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 03:19
Is Biden Ignoring a Key Tool to Combat Violent Extremists?

White supremacist groups increasingly cross borders, sharing tactics and grievances. But the State Department has yet to designate any of them as an international terrorist organization.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/02/07/is-biden-ignoring-tool-combat-violent-extremists-00005674

The 2019 Christchurch, New Zealand mosque attacks are seen by many experts as transnational terrorism in action. Tarrant, who killed 51 people in two mosques, has been linked to the Azov Battalion, a Ukraine-based paramilitary white supremacist group. The flak jacket Tarrant wore during the assault included a symbol used by the Azov Battalion and other global Neo-Nazis; his manifesto, which was published online and has been cited by white supremacists worldwide, claims that he visited Ukraine.

Azov Battalion has allegedly trained scores of American extremists who have streamed into Eastern Ukraine over the years to join in the fight against Russian separatist forces as a means of getting fighting experience.

StevieWonders
March 23rd, 2022, 04:00
Is Biden Ignoring a Key Tool to Combat Violent Extremists?

White supremacist groups increasingly cross borders, sharing tactics and grievances. But the State Department has yet to designate any of them as an international terrorist organization.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/02/07/is-biden-ignoring-tool-combat-violent-extremists-00005674An interesting talking point. It’s often said that one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter. Weren’t the Chechens currently fighting on the Russian side in Ukraine originally designated as terrorists?

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2022, 04:02
Not to mention, the FBI has consistently said right wing extremism is the biggest domestic threat to national security for years.

Apparently, Putin has decided on a different approach to solve the problem. Or he's just using it as a convenient excuse to be an asshole, one or the other.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 05:00
An interesting talking point. It’s often said that one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter. Weren’t the Chechens currently fighting on the Russian side in Ukraine originally designated as terrorists?

No. They weren't. There are 2 main streams in clans in Chechnya. Current ruling clan was always on Russian side, that why father of current leader and formerly leader has been killed.

And second one stream that ran from Russia after Chechen war, is living in Austria, UK, Germany and so on - they are in opposition. When you hear what one of Chechens has been killed in Berlin - you may be sure it is echo of war btw clans.

StevieWonders
March 23rd, 2022, 05:24
No. They weren't. There are 2 main streams in clans in Chechnya. Current ruling clan was always on Russian side, that why father of current leader and formerly leader has been killed.

And second one stream that ran from Russia after Chechen war, is living in Austria, UK, Germany and so on - they are in opposition. When you hear what one of Chechens has been killed in Berlin - you may be sure it is echo of war btw clans.Was one of them a “Dear Leader “ or an I thinking of some other lunatics?

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2022, 06:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHpX6_B8ArE

StevieWonders
March 23rd, 2022, 10:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHpX6_B8ArE
Speaking of lunatics in general I see the founder of this thread has just “liked” someone’s post in another thread. So much for the effectiveness of his medication. I guess we will see

latintopxxx
March 23rd, 2022, 10:44
I can only hope that PooTin gets "retired" real soon, the damage he's done to Ukraine not to mention to Russia boggles the mind...what a waste of beautiful people..

Andy
March 23rd, 2022, 12:57

These savages kill gay people in Chechnya with impunity with the full connivance of the federal authorities.

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2022, 13:51
Even Canadian snipers are friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWoV77CjVY

Dax
March 23rd, 2022, 14:28
Heartful thanks to these two heroes and the rest of the international volunteers helping UKRAINE.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 14:47
Even Canadian snipers are friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWoV77CjVY

Yeah. But only until he will be dead.
By the way: what he is doing is criminal in Canada.

And now fashion news.
New Louise Vuitton collection of jewelry by Alicia Vikander got high attention and demands

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2022, 15:08

Well, according to you guys he's already dead, and you killed him within 20 minutes.

Brad the Impala
March 23rd, 2022, 15:54
Wagners - are private commercial company. They can't be "linked". It is first. Second: "Wagner group" aren't state structure. They accept orders from wide specter of different customers: from Mali, Iraq, Syrian govts till just regular oil companies like Shell and so on.

Oh please! You are just parroting the Kremlin's deniability position. Everyone knows that isn't the case.

The Wagner Group (Russian: Группа Вагнера, romanized: Gruppa Vagnera), also known as PMC Wagner, ChVK Wagner (ChVK being the Russian abbreviation for Private Military Company),[34] or CHVK Vagner (ЧВК Вагнера ChVK Vagnera, Частная Военная Компания Вагнера), is a Russian paramilitary organization. It is variously described as a private military company, a network of mercenaries, or a de facto private army of Russian President Vladimir Putin.[35]

The Wagner Group came to global prominence during the war in Donbas in Ukraine, where it aided separatist forces of the self-declared Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics from 2014 to 2015. Its contractors have reportedly taken part in various conflicts around the world—including the civil wars in Libya, Syria, the Central African Republic (CAR), and Mali—often fighting on the side of forces aligned with the Russian government. Though welcomed by some allied factions, such as the governments of Syria and the CAR, Wagner operatives have been accused of war crimes in areas where they are deployed.[36][37]

Because it often operates in support of Russian interests or foreign policy objectives, and is reportedly trained on installations of the Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD), several sources consider ChVK Wagner an arm's-length unit of the MoD and/or Russia's military intelligence agency, the GRU.[38] Likewise, the group is widely believed to be owned and/or financed by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a businessman with close links to Putin. It is speculated that the Wagner Group is used by the Russian government to allow for plausible deniability in certain conflicts; it has most recently been tied to the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022, where it has been reportedly deployed to assassinate Ukrainian leaders.[39]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 16:31
Oh please! You are just parroting the Kremlin's deniability position. Everyone knows that isn't the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group

Matt, do you want I will change "Putin" to "Matt" in this article? "Everyone knows" - is typical "proof" in case when person hasn't proof. "Everyone knows" now is just "parroting" of propaganda - CNN publishes bullshit and then "everyone knows". The only problem everyone knows fake from CNN.

By the way - there is nothing about neo-Nazi in this article.

Once again: Ukraine is state what incorporated widely recognized neo-Nazi "Azov" into state structure. Ukraine is state what cooperates with neo-Nazi and sponsors neo-Nazi. Point.

And all that started from nationalist coup in 2014.

cdnmatt
March 23rd, 2022, 17:32
Yeah, that whopping 2% of the vote the Nazis got. Definitely justifies the invasion.

And wait, what? You guys equate Ukraine kicking Putin's stooge to the curb and wanting to join EU and NATO as them becoming "nazified"? That makes absolutely no sense, Moses.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 17:36
Yeah, that whopping 2% of the vote the Nazis got. Definitely justifies the invasion.

And wait, what? You guys equate Ukraine kicking Putin's stooge to the curb and wanting to join EU and NATO as them becoming "nazified"? That makes absolutely no sense, Moses.

I'm saying not about how much Nazi got at voting. I'm saying state Ukraine incorporated Nazi into state structure. It gives them support form 2014. It gives them weapon from 2014.

And when someone here writes about "even one life", I want to ask: where was your tongue at past 8 years? In the ass? 14000+ persons gone in Donbass at past 8 years, over 1 million of refugees. Where was you tongues at that time?

https://youtu.be/PovR5dB-SzE

Brad the Impala
March 23rd, 2022, 17:44
Yeah, yeah, sure it's just a coincidence that the Wagner group always shows up where Putin needs them. Just as it's a coincidence that the GRU agents showed up in Salisbury to admire the cathedral at the time that the Skripals were poisoned. Just as it was a coincidence that a Russian BUK missile launcher was in the area from which a Malaysian airline was shot down.

Same old cracked record and really feeble lies and denials.

Nobody is fooled by the denials, except perhaps yourselves.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 17:56
Yeah, yeah, sure it's just a coincidence that the Wagner group always shows up where Putin needs them. Just as it's a coincidence that the GRU agents showed up in Salisbury to admire the cathedral at the time that the Skripals were poisoned. Just as it was a coincidence that a Russian BUK missile launcher was in the area from which a Malaysian airline was shot down.

Same old cracked record and really feeble lies and denials.

Oh please stops that crocodile's tears...

Wagner is official private military company - they do what other companies does - taking orders and do their jobs. Maybe you forgot names of US PMC? Over 100,000 contractors were used by US govt only in Iraq. Why you starting to talk about such business now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_military_company

As per Skripals - they are Russian citizens. At least. Israel killed 6 foreign citizens at past 10 years in foreign countries, mainly Iranian scientists. Do you want to discuss it? Or maybe you want to discuss how general from Iran has been killed by US drone in 2020? Is US in state of war with Iran? No?

Do you think only some states have rights for justice while other haven't? You use double standards dear.

As per "Russian BUK" - there is no court's resolution yet. Presumption of innocence is still in power? Or "for Russians we will use special law"?

Manforallseasons
March 23rd, 2022, 18:36
Russian rednecks and Russian gays are incorrect to compare. Russian gays are an oppressed social group in their own country and a vacation in Thailand was a breath of fresh air for them.

Considering their plight they should join the fight on the side of the Ukrainians!

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 18:48
Considering their plight they should join the fight on the side of the Ukrainians!

No one will join Ukrainians. Here are protest against war as not the best method, but nobody want to protect Ukrainians nationalist regime.

Dodger
March 23rd, 2022, 18:53
It appears as if Putin's threats to Finland may be falling on deaf ears...as Finland slowly hedges towards joining the NATO Alliance.

One could say with a reasonable amount of confidence that Putin's objective of weakening NATO has certainly backfired. It's starting to look like NATO, which was at one time fairly useless, could become the epicenter of the New World Order.

Will Sweden be next?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/finlands-people-now-strongly-back-103211072.html

Manforallseasons
March 23rd, 2022, 18:53
no one will join ukrainians. Here are protest against war as not the best method, but nobody want to protect ukrainians nationalist regime.

FUCK PUTIN ….god bless the ukraine!!!! When enough Russian body bags are seen in Russia hopefully he will be removed one way or another.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 18:59
FUCK PUTIN

Are you gerontophile?

When enough Russian body bags are seen in Russia hopefully he will be removed one way or another.

Sure. Right after full demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine.

Manforallseasons
March 23rd, 2022, 19:06
Are you gerontophile?

Sure. Right after full demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine.

So the Jewish president of Ukraine is a Nazi? Stop watching Russian State media.

bkkguy
March 23rd, 2022, 19:31
the Brink of War thread has already proved how pointless this discussion is - neither side is remotely interested in listening to or trying to understand what the other side is saying, just wanting to be legends in their own lunchtime scoring points, but if you want to keep wasting your time with this wanking then do it over on that thread where it is easy for the rest of us to ignore

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 19:48
So the Jewish president of Ukraine is a Nazi? Stop watching Russian State media.

Neo-Nazi battalion "Azov" is incorporated into state structure, has base in state military academia and is sponsored by state. Do you need more proof? How do you call Jewish who cooperates with Nazi?

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/ukraine/images/azov-bn.gif

Time magazine https://time.com/5926750/azov-far-right-movement-facebook/

New York Times:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/attachment.php?attachmentid=12400&d=1647931836

StevieWonders
March 23rd, 2022, 19:53
By the way: what he is doing is criminal in Canada.

And now fashion news.
New Louise Vuitton collection of jewelry by Alicia Vikander got high attention and demands

According to The Guardian Russian shoppers believe sanctions are biting abf they’re back in the old days of the USSR - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/23/were-going-back-to-a-ussr-long-queues-return-for-russian-shoppers-as-sanctions-bite?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-3

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 19:56
It appears as if Putin's threats to Finland may be falling on deaf ears...as Finland slowly hedges towards joining the NATO Alliance.

One could say with a reasonable amount of confidence that Putin's objective of weakening NATO has certainly backfired. It's starting to look like NATO, which was at one time fairly useless, could become the epicenter of the New World Order.

Will Sweden be next?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/finlands-people-now-strongly-back-103211072.html

Well. You forgot one more word - "Chinese". New Chinese world order.

IMF already declared what they will recalculate how much US dollars should be in reserves. And that doesn't means what they want to grow share of dollars in reserves.

PS: if Russia will stop to sell gas and oil, then whole "New World Order" will became "New World Chaos" just in 3 days. Look at stocks at Feb 24-25, look at gasoline, diesel prices... and you have these prices while Russia continues to pump oil and gas in full as this described in contracts.

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 19:58
According to The Guardian Russian shoppers believe sanctions are biting abf they’re back in the old days of the USSR - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/23/were-going-back-to-a-ussr-long-queues-return-for-russian-shoppers-as-sanctions-bite?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-3

The Guardian for sure knows what Russian shoppers think. Sure-sure.

Manforallseasons
March 23rd, 2022, 20:07
This is a somewhat common Hindu symbol…..do you know any Hindu Nazis?

StevieWonders
March 23rd, 2022, 20:18

Arguably the current BJP prime minister is falling into that category

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 20:21

Darling, New-York Times wrote "openly neo-Nazi", hearing in US Congress has been about "neo-Nazi", Amnesty International accuse them in war crimes, but you are talking here about Hindu?

StevieWonders
March 23rd, 2022, 20:26
Well. You forgot one more word - "Chinese". New Chinese world order.

IMF already declared what they will recalculate how much US dollars should be in reserves. And that doesn't means what they want to grow share of dollars in reserves.

PS: if Russia will stop to sell gas and oil, then whole "New World Order" will became "New World Chaos" just in 3 days. Look at stocks at Feb 24-25, look at gasoline, diesel prices... and you have these prices while Russia continues to pump oil and gas in full as this described in contracts.

In the embrace of the two bears, the European bear or the panda, which one will end up killing and devouring the other?

Moses
March 23rd, 2022, 20:38
Oh, I didn't expect that too soon. But since some countries are very brave to arrest Russian gold reserves, they will pay for Russian gas only in rubles from April as per today Kremlin decree.

Good luck to buyers: they will have to find enough rubles on the market and not to fall into American sanctions at the same time by the way. All contracts must be done in full, but payment only in rubles by currency stock exchange rate.

Andy
March 23rd, 2022, 22:41
The Guardian for sure knows what Russian shoppers think. Sure-sure.

I do not know about The Guardian, but prices in our local Auchan, where I usually shop, have already skyrocketed. For example, dorado fish, which my partner and I love very much and regularly buy, cost 499 rubles per kilogram in February. Last Sunday, when we were there, the price was already 1059 rubles per kilogram. More than twice! And this fish does not come from Europe, but from Turkey, which is still loyal to Putin to some extent. And this situation has developed for all types of goods, not only imported but domestic as well. Even Russian vodka have added 50-70 rubles in price!

Manforallseasons
March 24th, 2022, 00:33
I do not know about The Guardian, but prices in our local Auchan, where I usually shop, have already skyrocketed. For example, dorado fish, which my partner and I love very much and regularly buy, cost 499 rubles per kilogram in February. Last Sunday, when we were there, the price was already 1059 rubles per kilogram. More than twice! And this fish does not come from Europe, but from Turkey, which is still loyal to Putin to some extent. And this situation has developed for all types of goods, not only imported but domestic as well. Even Russian vodka have added 50-70 rubles in price!

Squeeze the motherfuckers until they get rid of Putin!

Moses
March 24th, 2022, 01:20

Today ruble got stronger from 105 in 1 USD to 90. Wait a little bit.
Start of selling gas for rubles will have quite strong impact on everything, including sanctions and prices. And we still have here 0.5 USD per litter of gasoline and extremally cheap taxi like 8-10 USD for 1 hour ride :)

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 01:46

Now begs the question, who does the average Russian blame? Putin or the West?

Moses
March 24th, 2022, 03:42
Now begs the question, who does the average Russian blame? Putin or the West?

74% voted "support" or "partially support" operation in Ukraine...

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 07:12
Wall Street Journal reporting that NATO estimates 40,000 Russian soldiers are off the battlefield now.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-23/card/russia-lost-up-to-40-000-troops-in-ukraine-nato-estimates-xyZjWxinMDHzdeRZvAeD?mod=e2twp

Russia hasn't even take any of the 10 major cities in Ukraine yet....

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 07:46
If anyone wants, another Youtuber that puts out good videos put one out regarding Russian oligarchs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkPdHueD8Fs

StevieWonders
March 24th, 2022, 12:19
Wall Street Journal reporting that NATO estimates 40,000 Russian soldiers are off the battlefield now.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-03-23/card/russia-lost-up-to-40-000-troops-in-ukraine-nato-estimates-xyZjWxinMDHzdeRZvAeD?mod=e2twp

Russia hasn't even take any of the 10 major cities in Ukraine yet....Who are you hoping to convince with these pointless posts, Matt? Moses? That's like trying to convince a Jehovah's Witness.The rest of us? I've been in the "bored already" group since the invasion began

Dodger
March 24th, 2022, 12:58
As Russia Stalls in Ukraine, Dissent Brews Over Putin's Leadership.

The following statement was taken from the article linked below. It really caught my eye because this is exactly the type of delusional nonsense Trump was telling his supporters shortly before he was defeated in the last presidential election.

“The Russian leadership (meaning Putin) can’t lose,” said Andrei Kortunov, director-general of the Russian International Affairs Council, a research organization close to the Russian government. “No matter what, they will need to end this whole story with some kind of victory.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-stalls-ukraine-dissent-brews-114746446.html

The only problem with Mr. Kortunov's statement is that Putin may not have any choice but to admit defeat.

Ukraine has already told him that the concessions he's demanding are totally unacceptable...end of story. NATO isn't about to budge in their support of Ukraine and is getting bigger and stronger as we speak, and the West isn't about to stop expanding its alliance across the European continent until Putin is history.

Sorry, that's just the way it works.

Moses
March 24th, 2022, 13:15
As Russia Stalls in Ukraine, Dissent Brews Over Putin's Leadership.

The following statement was taken from the article linked below. It really caught my eye because this is exactly the type of delusional nonsense Trump was telling his supporters shortly before he was defeated in the last presidential election.

“The Russian leadership (meaning Putin) can’t lose,” said Andrei Kortunov, director-general of the Russian International Affairs Council, a research organization close to the Russian government. “No matter what, they will need to end this whole story with some kind of victory.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-stalls-ukraine-dissent-brews-114746446.html

The only problem with Mr. Kortunov's statement is that Putin may not have any choice but to admit defeat.

Ukraine has already told him that the concessions he's demanding are totally unacceptable...end of story. NATO isn't about to budge in their support of Ukraine and is getting bigger and stronger as we speak, and the West isn't about to stop expanding its alliance across the European continent until Putin is history.

Sorry, that's just the way it works.

Funny conclusion.

Do you remember? Putin always has what he want.
2/3 of nationalists battalions are already destroyed.
Soldiers of "Azov" deserting from Mariupol dressed in woman clothes.
Sanctions are not able to stop operation.
Firstly weakened ruble plays back.
For to pay for gas EU will sell to Russia whatever it wants and nobody can control it since payments are going in rubles via Russian banks
Crimea again has water via previously blocked by nationalists Crimean channel
Ukraine doesn't control Azov sea anymore

Below is world map with countries what support sanctions:

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 13:29
Do you remember? Putin always has what he want.

Yeah, Dodger! Putin is playing 4d chess, not bullshit checkers. Losing 40k soldiers and 5 generals in a month with little gains? All part of the plan.

Sanctions are not able to stop operation.

Another $2 billion owed in ~8 days. Let's see if the US banking system accepts sanctioned funds again. I'm going to assume they'll be under extra pressure to reject it after Putin's "Rubles only" stunt earlier today.

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 13:35
Who are you hoping to convince with these pointless posts, Matt?

Obviously, I'd prefer to be at a house party in Asia with a bunch of cute gay guys, but no idea what Laos is doing. They said phase 2 of re-opening starts April last winter, but so far crickets on their end as to if anything is happening on Apr 1st.

Moses
March 24th, 2022, 13:48
Losing 40k soldiers and 5 generals in a month with little gains? All part of the plan.

Why not write 4,000,000, Matt? Nobody can check, but effect of propaganda is better. You even twice overlapping Ukrainian numbers in Ukrainian news :)))))

By the way: Zelenskiy so afraid other political power in Ukraine - he even forbade party of first Ukrainian president after coup 2014 - Poroshenko.

StevieWonders
March 24th, 2022, 14:26
Russia’s usually high-profile defence minister has not been seen in public for almost two weeks amid reports he is suffering from ill health as the Kremlin’s invasion suffers setbacks in Ukraine.

Sergei Shoigu, a close ally of Vladimir Putin who has previously been photographed alongside the president during fishing trips in Siberia, gave his last public engagement on March 11.

The 66-year-old is one of the country’s most popular ministers, largely due to his constant presence in the news, and there has been speculation he could be a successor to Putin - or the leader of a coup against him.

Agentstvo, a respected Russian media outlet, on Wednesday quoted an unnamed source in Mr Shoigu’s inner circle saying that he was “unwell” and had “heart problems”.

The defence ministry would not comment on Mr Shoigu’s disappearance when contacted by London's Daily Telegraph.

Moses
March 24th, 2022, 14:34
Russia’s usually high-profile defence minister has not been seen in public for almost two weeks amid reports he is suffering from ill health as the Kremlin’s invasion suffers setbacks in Ukraine.

Sergei Shoigu, a close ally of Vladimir Putin who has previously been photographed alongside the president during fishing trips in Siberia, gave his last public engagement on March 11.

The 66-year-old is one of the country’s most popular ministers, largely due to his constant presence in the news, and there has been speculation he could be a successor to Putin - or the leader of a coup against him.

Agentstvo, a respected Russian media outlet, on Wednesday quoted an unnamed source in Mr Shoigu’s inner circle saying that he was “unwell” and had “heart problems”.

The defence ministry would not comment on Mr Shoigu’s disappearance when contacted by London's Daily Telegraph.

Yeah. But his UK counterpart - Ben Wallace is speaking from every iron now after prank from Russian prankster Vovan. By the way: Wallace said what UK will support Ukrainian nuclear weapon developing program.

https://youtu.be/BzSlNjkQkDA

PS: Vovan is known journalist in Russia. He made pranks with many public persons including Russian ministers, foreign presidents, senators and other public persons, even Elton John once has been victim of his prank .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Kuznetsov_(pranker)

StevieWonders
March 24th, 2022, 15:01
Yeah. But his UK counterpart - Ben Wallace is speaking from every iron now after prank from Russian prankster Vovan. By the way: Wallace said what UK will support Ukrainian nuclear weapon developing program.

https://youtu.be/BzSlNjkQkDA

PS: Vovan is known journalist in Russia. He made pranks with many public persons including Russian ministers, foreign presidents, senators and other public persons, even Elton John once has been victim of his prank .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Kuznetsov_(pranker)An interesting deflection

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 15:10
If we're going that route, I always like this one of a Canadian comedian talking to Americans on the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZE0TuKTpo4

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 18:24
Wonder how much, if any truth there is to this. CNN report about a US and Russia military meeting that just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46Kii49TsQ

StevieWonders
March 24th, 2022, 19:57
Wonder how much, if any truth there is to this. CNN report about a US and Russia military meeting that just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46Kii49TsQAccording to the latest Newsweek an aide to Putin is claiming that Russia is being pushed to collapse by the West. While that may be true, and I’d have thought the more likely aim is regime change, as I understand Moses’ position, the collapse of Russia is unlikely or possibly improbable

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2022, 20:20
Well, Moses probably believes that "Onward to Berlin" message found spray painted on a Russian helicopter and some vehicles.

Hey, I guess ambition and having goals is a good thing?

dab69
March 25th, 2022, 07:06
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-accidentally-blows-up-own-oil-refinery-in-attack-ukraine-claims/ar-AAVoTsw?li=BBnb7Kz

Russian forces have blown up an oil refinery owned by Russia in Luhansk province, according to The Kyiv Independent.

The Ukrainian media outlet says a Russian aircraft fired on its own oil refinery in Lysychansk. The refinery is owned by Rosneft, the state-controlled oil giant.

The first reports of the incident came from the governor of Luhansk province—or oblast—Serhiy Haidai on Telegram, who claimed that Russian troops. had "fired at the Lysychansk plant" and that a separate shelling in the city of Severodonetsk had hit a line of people outside a grocery shop, killing one and injuring 10.

A fire broke out near the Lysychansk plant after the shelling, according to Haidai, who said firefighters rushed to the scene to battle the blaze at the refinery.

Newsweek is still trying to independently verify the claim of the attack.

dab69
March 25th, 2022, 07:09
Russian Army Could be Encircled by Ukraine Forces Outside Kyiv—U.K.

British intelligence has said that there is "a realistic possibility" that Russian forces will be encircled by Ukraine's army close to the capital Kyiv in the northwestern cities of Bucha and Irpin.

Russian forces have been trying to surround and cut off the capital, but large areas around Kyiv remain under Ukrainian control, especially south of the city. Sporadic shelling has caused civilian casualties and wiped out homes in the city, despite Russian artillery being out of range of the city center.

In a statement released on Thursday, Britain's ministry of defense said: "Ukraine is increasing pressure on Russian force north-east of Kyiv. Russian forces along this axis are already facing considerable supply and morale issues.

"Ukrainian forces are carrying out successful counter-attacks against Russian positions in towns on the outskirts of the capital, and have probably retaken Makariv and Moschun. There is a realistic possibility that Ukrainian forces are now able to encircle Russian units in Bucha and Irpin."

"It is likely that successful counter-attacks by Ukraine will disrupt the ability of Russian forces to reorganize and resume their own offensive towards Kyiv."

Russia invaded its neighbor on February 24 but has since failed to capture any of Ukraine's major cities, including the capital.

On Thursday, Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky urged people around the world to take to the streets in support of his country, where thousands of people have been killed since Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered his army to invade.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-army-could-be-encircled-by-ukraine-forces-outside-kyiv%e2%80%94uk/ar-AAVr10D?li=BBnb7Kz

dab69
March 25th, 2022, 07:43
Business Insider
Intercepted radio transmissions reveal Russians ordering troops to 'cover' residential areas with artillery, New York Times reports
Rebecca Cohen
Thu, March 24, 2022, 11:13 AM·2 min readhttps://www.yahoo.com/news/intercepted-radio-transmissions-reveal-russians-161348895.html

Intercepted radio transmissions reveal Russians ordering troops to target residential areas.

In one clip, a Russian is telling a soldier to "cover the residential area with artillery," according to the New York Times.

He was also ordered to first remove "property" from the area — likely referring to Russian personnel or equipment.

Intercepted radio transmissions reveal Russians ordered troops in Ukraine to target residential areas, the New York Times reported.

Audio from the unsecured radio networks obtained by The Times show Russian troops discussing targets while advancing on the Ukrainian town of Makariv on February 27.

In one bit of radio chatter, a Russian is heard ordering a military member to "cover" residential areas "with artillery" once the "property" is removed, according to The Times' translation.

New York Times journalist Christiaan Triebert reported that "property" was likely code for "Russian personnel or equipment."

A Russian who identifies himself in the recording as "Yug-95" told soldier "Buran-30" that a "decision has been made to remove the first 'property' from the residential area," according to a translation by the New York Times.

He then instructed the soldier to "cover the residential area with artillery," The Times reported.

He repeated the orders twice, The Times reported.

—Christiaan Triebert (@trbrtc) March 23, 2022

Another clip reveals Russian soldiers appearing to yell at each other after they came under fire in Makariv.

"My situation is very tense, tanks are approaching," Buran-30 said in an intercepted radio conversation, according to The Times' translation. "I don't know whose tanks they are, cannot identify them. There is a drone over the area and the area is under fire from all directions."

He said he was under fire and that he was stuck, according to The Times, and was told to request air support, but it never happened.

Dodger
March 25th, 2022, 09:22
Russian Army Could be Encircled by Ukraine Forces Outside Kyiv—U.K.

Let's envision this:

Russian troops get stalled outside of Kiev for nearly 2 weeks...vehicles running out of gas...soldiers running out of bullets…hundreds of Russian tanks getting destroyed by Ukrainian missiles...frightened and totally disoriented Russian troops bogged down in the mud doing nothing...Russian generals dropping like flies. And now they find themselves being completely surrounded by the Ukrainian Military??? This will go down in history as the first "Outright Military Calamity”.

I can see “The Movie” now, starring Anthony Hopkins (with his “Silence of the Lambs” persona) playing the part of the psychopathic serial killer Vladimir Putin, and a Groucho Marx look-a-like playing the part of Navrov the Puppet.

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 09:37
Nothing but total astonishment for the Ukrainians.

The feat they've pulled off is amazing. Literally everyone in the world, including myself, expected the war to last maybe a week or two and then Russia would be firmly in control of Kiev and the Ukrainian government.

Not only have they defended their homeland with pure brinkmanship, there's now loads of reports they're now on the offensive and repelling Russian advances. Mind blowing.

Now where's that Russian President coup? I'm sure it's laying around here somewhere.

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 12:18
Moses, why do the Russians keep running away like little bitches? I thought you said this was going to be over in days, WTF?

Dodger
March 25th, 2022, 14:33
Moses, why do the Russians keep running away like little bitches? I thought you said this was going to be over in days, WTF?

Joining the ranks of those who appear to be running away is Russia's Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu...(who can blame him)

Sergei was apparently last seen trying to sneak across the Polish border disguised as an elderly Polish woman wearing a babushka. She (he) claimed to be delivering Panska Skorka to a local bakery in Warsaw, but all the border guards could find on her (his) possession was a 9mm military pistol and an autographed picture of a shirtless Vladimir Putin riding a white tiger. She (he) is apparently still being held for questioning.

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 14:56
I don't know, I just know I'd love to wake up to find out NATO made the decision, troops from Eastern Europe are now rolling through Ukraine to support the forces there, and a fleet of F-35s flown by highly skilled Americans are in the air to help out.

The Ukrainians have fought far harder than any of us ever thought was possible, so I think they deserve it. There's loads of NATO troops lined up on Ukraine's border right now, ready to go....

Fuck Putin, and as many retired Generals and so on said in a montage about a week ago, we already said "never again" back in 1945. Have we forgotten? Never again means never again. Stop this.

StevieWonders
March 25th, 2022, 15:12
I don't know, I just know I'd love to wake up to find out NATO made the decision, troops from Eastern Europe are now rolling through Ukraine to support the forces there, and a fleet of F-35s flown by highly skilled Americans are in the air to help out.

The Ukrainians have fought far harder than any of us ever thought was possible, so I think they deserve it. There's loads of NATO troops lined up on Ukraine's border right now, ready to go....

Fuck Putin, and as many retired Generals and so on said in a montage about a week ago, we already said "never again" back in 1945. Have we forgotten? Never again means never again. Stop this.NATO involvement is. constant theme of your posts, Matt. You’re like the little boy who cried “wolf”. It isn’t going to happen, because it will mean nuclear war in Europe

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 15:21
NATO involvement is. constant theme of your posts, Matt. You’re like the little boy who cried “wolf”. It isn’t going to happen, because it will mean nuclear war in Europe

Exact same kind of argument as to what happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis, isn't it?

I say same as last time... fuck it, and let's call their bluff. Plus we have lots more intelligence this time around that the Russians are weak and in disarray.

It's at the point it doesn't matter. Let's just go under the assumption that Putin remains to keep himself in power, then it doesn't matter if he fires off a nuke tomorrow or in a year from now. If he's crazy enough to send off a nuke, then timing doesn't matter.

Only question is, would you like to deal with it now, or in a year from now?

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2022, 15:52
Don't know, too drunk to hear straight. Good night, needed a mental break.

NATO just needs to go in though. WTF is all this, "we've activated our chemical and bilogical response teams" shit all about? Nobody on the ground in Ukraine gives a shit when they're in a fucken war zone.

Call Putin's bluff, advertise it as a peacekeeping mission, and just go in. At least the imposing NATO forces would probably be greeted quite well.... you know, how the Russians thought they would be treated.

StevieWonders
March 25th, 2022, 15:59
Only question is, would you like to deal with it now, or in a year from now?
If you have your way we’ll all be dead in a year from now

Dodger
March 25th, 2022, 17:37
I find it interesting that the official Soviet death toll during the entire 9 year Afghan War was around 15,000 soldiers. It is therefore quite telling that the Russians may have already lost as many 15,000 soldiers in just one month in Ukraine according to rough estimates.

When the Soviet military departed Afghanistan in 1989, the countries and populations of Eastern Europe -- then under varying degrees of the Soviet yoke -- took note. If the feared Soviet army couldn't win a war on its own borders against Afghan guerrilla forces, what did it say about its ability to control the fates of East Germany, Hungary and Poland?

I imagine these historic realities have to be influencing NATO's calculus right now, and as painful as this is for Ukraine, the longer this thing goes on - the better the chances are of Putin removing his troops from Ukraine without the need for a third world war.

It was the failure of the Soviet war in Afghanistan that hammered a giant nail into the coffin of the Soviet empire, and then resulted in the crumbling of the Berlin Wall. This has to be Putin's greatest fear, because his dreams of rebuilding the Russian Empire in HIS image would be lost forever, as would his personal legacy that he's spent the last 20 years fantasizing about.

gerefan2
March 25th, 2022, 17:41
Exact same kind of argument as to what happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis, isn't it?

I say same as last time... fuck it, and let's call their bluff.

That was in 1962, 60 years ago.

Beginning to show your (real) age....

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 05:25

Reading these few post is fun.

Someone thinks what Russian are speaking via open radio-channels and that may be "intercepted" , someone think what Ukrainian army may counter-attack when half of it is already died... and all that because medias publish that bullshit.. guys, take off your pink glasses... military parts of Ukrainian territorial defence have 20 AK-47 per 100 persons and 40 ammos for all...

reports about glorious victories and burned hundreds of cars, thousands of soldiers are fake... just few days ago there was aired report where cameramen by mistake made picture too close to body and whole world saw what name on soldier's robe of died solder is written in Ukrainian language... Russian language has no letter "i"

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YtbunyEiEGg/maxresdefault.jpg

or this report about bombing maternity hospital in Mariupol... there is the same actress who played 2 different pregnant woman...

https://cdnimg.rg.ru/img/content/228/31/28/48p_foto1_1000_d_850.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UfnuBff4sSo/maxresdefault.jpg

https://dcsfxzu8xls6u.cloudfront.net/photos/z_2022_03/mariupol-ap-640-oobbp.jpg

https://e-news.su/uploads/posts/2022-03/1647942063_28061471_original.jpg

here she is alive in line for Russian humanitarian aid after "bombing"

https://cs14.pikabu.ru/post_img/2022/03/21/7/og_og_1647858272249046231.jpg

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 05:49
Matt, are you dreaming about NATO?

Few hours ago Polish TV published this map as a forecast of Ukrainian future - there are marked Ukrainian regions what will be taken by NATO countries - Poland, Hungary and Romania and added to corresponding countries (for protection, for sure)

https://topwar.ru/uploads/posts/2022-03/photo_2022-03-25_06-31-47.jpg

StevieWonders
March 26th, 2022, 06:18
Matt, are you dreaming about NATO?It was a "wet dream"

dab69
March 26th, 2022, 06:49
Russian soldiers ran over their commander, apparently blaming him for heavy losses in Ukraine, Western official says
Sinéad Baker
Fri, March 25, 2022, 11:41 AM·2 min read
In this article:

Deborah Haynes
British journalist and editor

Russian troops ran over their own commander in response to the Ukraine invasion, a Western official said.

The official said it was done as "consequences of the losses they had taken," one report said.

The official said the colonel died, and an earlier report said he was brought to hospital with injured legs.

Russian soldiers ran their commander over in protest of the heavy losses that Russia has suffered during its invasion of Ukraine, a Western official said.

The official was cited by several UK defense writers on Friday afternoon.

It appeared to confirm a previously-reported story about a senior commander run over by a tank.

Larisa Brown, defense editor of The Times of London, tweeted, citing the unnamed official, that the commander "has been killed by one of his own units" and that the colonel "was ran over by his own troops deliberately."

The colonel was named as Colonel Medvechek, commander of 37 Motor Rifle Brigade, by Deborah Haynes, security and defense editor for Sky News, who also cited a Western official.

The earlier report had named him as Colonel Yuri Medvedev, a similar but not identical name,

The official said he was "run over by his soldiers," according to Haynes.

Haynes tweeted that the official said: "The brigade commander of one of the units was killed by his own troops and killed by his own troops, we believe, as a consequence of the scale of loss that had been taken by his brigade."

Gordon Corera, the security correspondent for the BBC, tweeted a similar account.

An earlier report said that the colonel was not killed, but that his feet were crushed.

Ukrainian journalist Roman Tsymbaliuk said on Facebook on Wednesday that a soldier ran over the officer's legs with a tank, and that he was brought to a hospital in Belarus.

Russia's progress in invading Ukraine has been significantly slower than what Russia expected. Intelligence officials have spoken of very low morale among Russian forces, who appear to be poorly supplied and some of whom have said they were misled about the invasion.

A senior NATO member said on Wednesday that up to 15,000 Russian troops may have been killed. Fewer than 3,000 American troops were killed in Afghanistan over 20 years.

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 08:09
And a sixth Russian general now killed.

I wonder how many of these Wally is picking off? Apparently, he's a really good sniper.

Surfcrest
March 26th, 2022, 08:35
74% voted "support" or "partially support" operation in Ukraine...

That’s because they’re involuntary subscribers to the same misinformation you’re trying fruitlessly to share here.

Surfcrest

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 10:06
And now Russian Defense Ministry has changed the mission. Of course Russia doesn't want Ukraine, just the Donbas (sp) region.

The soldiers must have just had bad directions or something, and accidentally ended up in Kiev. Honest mistake, I'm sure.

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 10:54
That was in 1962, 60 years ago.

Beginning to show your (real) age....

What? Why? Because I like to know the world I live in?

Fuck off... I'm 40, and trust me, nobody on this planet brags about being 40. I wasn't alive during WWI either, but I still know that happened. Same with Genghis Khan's non-stop invasions -- know about them, but wasn't alive during them either.

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 11:23
NATO involvement is. constant theme of your posts, Matt. You’re like the little boy who cried “wolf”. It isn’t going to happen, because it will mean nuclear war in Europe

Not necessarily. I don't buy into this narrative the West is pushing that Putin is some madman gone crazy with 6000 nukes.

Although maybe a little delusional, Putin isn't stupid. He's not going to start a nuclear war, because he knows full well how that ends for Russia. If he started a nuclear war, whether or not humanity survives is up for debate, but without question the Russian Federation definitely wouldn't survive. Putin knows this.

He loves to brag about how he has nukes, but I highly doubt he'd ever fire one on a population center. Same as the Cuban Missile Crisis when the US vs. Russian navies came to a head just offshore of Cuba. What happened? Due to US intelligence from a double agent within the KGB, the US called Russia's bluff, stood their ground, and Russia turned away and went back home.

I say NATO countries owe it to Ukraine to jump in and help. If NATO pulled the trigger, this would be over and Russians out of Ukraine within two weeks at most. It'd also send a strong message to China to not fuck with the West, which they obviously have plans to do. NATO countries may only make up 12% of the world's population, but they're 50% of the world's military might.

StevieWonders
March 26th, 2022, 12:05
What? Why? Because I like to know the world I live in?

Fuck off... I'm 40, and trust me, nobody on this planet brags about being 40. I wasn't alive during WWI either, but I still know that happened. Same with Genghis Khan's non-stop invasions -- know about them, but wasn't alive during them either.

Chronologically 40 maybe but mentally 10

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 12:13
Chronologically 40 maybe but mentally 10

Then instead of being an adolescent, debate me and tell me where I'm wrong.

StevieWonders
March 26th, 2022, 12:38
Then instead of being an adolescent, debate me and tell me where I'm wrong.As I’ve said to you previously the pearls are genuine but sadly the swine are imitation- and if you don’t understand that allusion that’s another reason why engaging with you would by a waste of time

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 12:41
The official was cited by several UK defense writers on Friday afternoon.

Yes-yes... there is missed one word: "sci-fi" - "sci-fi writes".

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 12:47
Moses, you seem to be more entrenched than even Putin is. Russia lost the war, get over it, and deal with it.

There's zero chance Russia or Putin comes out of this as victorious.

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 12:54
Moses, you seem to be more entrenched than even Putin is. Russia lost the war, get over it, and deal with it.

There's zero chance Russia or Putin comes out of this as victorious.

Sure-sure. Russia lost war and that why Zelensky is crying from monitors in each pro-West parliament and begs for help.

Dodger
March 26th, 2022, 12:57
I say NATO countries owe it to Ukraine to jump in and help. If NATO pulled the trigger, this would be over and Russians out of Ukraine within two weeks at most.

Just a thought:

Building NATO's European Alliance even larger than it is now has to be one of the Wests priorities at this stage of the game.

Knowing that the biggest advantage to NATO membership is the Military protection it provides its members, If NATO were to jump in and actively join the war now there would be very little motivation for other European non-NATO States to join the Alliance, e.g., Austria, Cyprus, Finland, Ireland, Malta, and Sweden.

What appears to be the most valuable chess piece on the Board right now is "Finland" because of its shared border with Russia. Can you just imagine how Russia would feel seeing Finland join NATO - followed by the installation of MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket Systems), similar to what the West has installed on Poland's eastern border, along Finland's border aimed directly at Moscow???

If Kiev is Putin's prize - then Finland is the Wests prize. Right now there's significant motivation for Finland to join NATO. With this one single chess piece added to the Wests side of the chess board - its "Stalemate"...and Putin knows it. If Putin were to react by flipping his lid and attacking NATO it would then become "Checkmate" in short order.

Patience is a virtue.

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 13:03
Don't forget how strong are sanctions:

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 13:06
NATO: we send to you strings and Vaseline
Ukraine: but we need Stingers and Javelins!

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 13:17

Translation from Russian: "10 wars, 6 millions killed, 1 Nobel peace prize and zero sanctions"

cdnmatt
March 26th, 2022, 14:14
Translation from Russian: "10 wars, 6 millions killed, 1 Nobel peace prize and zero sanctions"

What are you trying to say here? Russians are just peacekeepers, or some such shit? Or what are you on about?

dab69
March 26th, 2022, 15:26
Business Insider
Satellite photos show Russian landing ship destroyed by Ukrainian forces as it attempted to bring military supplies to Mariupol
Azmi Haroun
Fri, March 25, 2022, 8:47 PM·2 min read
Berdyansk port Russian sinking ship
Satellite image ©2022 Maxar Technologies.

New aerial images from Maxar show a Russian landing ship destroyed by Ukrainian forces on March 24.

The Pentagon claimed that the Russian army was using the ship to bring supplies to besieged Mariupol.

The Ukrainian army confirmed on Thursday that it had destroyed the warship.

New satellite images provided by Maxar Technologies show an amphibious Russian landing ship burning and flooding in the Ukrainian port of Berdyansk in southern Ukraine on Friday.

The Russian ship is an Alligator-class landing ship that was hit by Ukrainian forces on March 24.

The Pentagon on Friday said that the ship was offloading supplies for Russian troops currently besieging the Ukrainian city of Mariupol, according to The New York Times.

"The destroyed ship in Berdyansk could carry up to 20 tanks, 45 armored personnel carriers, and 400 paratroopers," Anna Malyar, Ukraine's deputy defense minister said on Thursday, according to The Times. "This is a huge target that was hit by our military."

The first photo shows fire and smoke can be seen billowing from the ship, which is partially submerged.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/satellite-photos-show-russian-landing-014702531.html

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/fw7qpevFSOncYyzTy9opGg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTcwNTtoPTQyOTtjZj13ZWJw/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/pVBlFQhuddWqjoyFgXAtjA--~B/aD0xNTIwO3c9MjUwMDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/business_insider_articles_888/72bfbe321314b5817b6f0bed6c3251e8

Let Trumpy/Moses call it fake newa...

Moses
March 26th, 2022, 15:39
Yeah. 56-years old ship got damage in Berdiansk. USSR build up 14 such ships in 60s. There was 4 of them still "alive", now are 3. By the way The 5th just sank while being towed for repairs a couple of years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator-class_landing_ship