PDA

View Full Version : The Brink of War?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

StevieWonders
February 27th, 2022, 22:55
On December 16 2021, the UN General Assembly passed its annual resolution on “Combating Glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fueling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance”.

Only 2 countries voted against resolution. Guess who? Ukraine... and US.Perhaps you could quote directly from Comrade Putin’s speech where he made similar points?

Moses
February 27th, 2022, 23:51
Perhaps you could quote directly from Comrade Putin’s speech where he made similar points?

I didn't hear it, but you may check voting results every year - it is traditional yearly voting, Ukraine and US not first time are alone there. US explains what it is against 1st amendment, and Ukraine... Ukraine just doesn't want to shoot into own leg - Ukrainian Nazi will be angry.

For example Dec 16 2020 voting https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/3894841?ln=en - 1 year before Putin's speech.
Dec 18 2019 voting https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/3840130?ln=en 2 years before Putin's speech

And first time when Ukraine voted against it was Dec 2014 - first voting after nationalist revolution, so named Maidan, when nationalists got power https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/820132?ln=en

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 03:44
I didn't hear it, but you may check voting results every year - it is traditional yearly voting, Ukraine and US not first time are alone there. US explains what it is against 1st amendment, and Ukraine... Ukraine just doesn't want to shoot into own leg - Ukrainian Nazi will be angry.

For example Dec 16 2020 voting https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/3894841?ln=en - 1 year before Putin's speech.
Dec 18 2019 voting https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/3840130?ln=en 2 years before Putin's speech

And first time when Ukraine voted against it was Dec 2014 - first voting after nationalist revolution, so named Maidan, when nationalists got power https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/820132?ln=enSurely you realise that we regard this as the usual name-calling by the immature you find in the school yard

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 03:46
As a gay living in Moscow, I would say that it looks more like the Weimar Republic here, rather than the Stonewall times in the USA. Unlike the USA of that time, we are moving in a completely different direction.The Weimar Republic was the prelude to something else. Is that what you are predicting for Russia?

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 03:57
FIFA bans matches in Russia, says national team must play as Football Union of Russia. I wonder what that means for the FIFA World Cup 2022

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 04:01
I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside that Russia has put nuclear weapons on alert.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 04:33
I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside that Russia has put nuclear weapons on alert.”Sabre-rattling” is a well-known technique

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 04:38
”Sabre-rattling” is a well-known technique

I don't think anyone views this as saber rattling. A mentally unstable and dangerous man becoming more dangerous maybe. At the very least, it shows a sign of weakness and that the war isn't going as he wanted.

In other news, stories abound all over the internet of how ex Navy Seals, British Special Forces, SAS and so on are heading out to Ukraine to help.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 05:04
In other news, stories abound all over the internet of how ex Navy Seals, British Special Forces, SAS and so on are heading out to Ukraine to help.Are you implying that US Navy SEALS have embarked on a mission to assassinate Putin in the same way they “took out” Osama Bin Laden? That would be a new development

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 05:08
Are you implying that US Navy SEALS have embarked on a mission to assassinate Putin in the same way they “took out” Osama Bin Laden? That would be a new development

No... you missed the "ex" part. I'm saying apparently a bunch of guys in their 30s and 40s who used to be special forces have decided, "who does this Putin motherfucker think he is?", and have headed over to help defend Ukraine.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 05:41
No... you missed the "ex" part. I'm saying apparently a bunch of guys in their 30s and 40s who used to be special forces have decided, "who does this Putin motherfucker think he is?", and have headed over to help defend Ukraine.Was that on YouTube? I must have missed it

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 05:57
Was that on YouTube? I must have missed it

Don't be so god damn stupid, of course it wasn't on Youtube.

It was on Facebook. :)

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 06:28
Don't be so god damn stupid, of course it wasn't on Youtube.

It was on Facebook. :)FakeBook - of course - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_of_desolation?wprov=sfti1

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 11:16
Already 119 RUB to the US dllar, a jump of 41 RUB. Ouch.

Seen a news report today and I guess if you goto a restaurant in Russia right now, many times they'll ask whether or not you have cash because so many plastic cards stopped working.

Dodger
February 28th, 2022, 11:18
Russian delegation for peace talk is waiting for Ukrainians in Belorussian city Gomel.

Zalansky's team invited to Belarus for a chat with the Russians...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Surely this is your attempt at humor.

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 12:58
Already 119 RUB to the US dllar, a jump of 41 RUB. Ouch.

Seen a news report today and I guess if you goto a restaurant in Russia right now, many times they'll ask whether or not you have cash because so many plastic cards stopped working.

No one card will stop work here: Russia has internal bank interchange system - MIR, - only payments when Russian is traveling abroad involves real Master card / Visa servers.

As per ruble rate, we saw it already in 2014, in 2-3 weeks it will be back: national reserves are quite big.

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 13:00
Zalansky's team invited to Belarus for a chat with the Russians...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Surely this is your attempt at humor.

He already agreed. Surprise! No exit here for him, only peace talk on Russian conditions.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 13:01
He already agreed. Surprise! No exit here for him, only peace talk on Russian conditions.Like the Allied powers in 1945 insisting on "unconditional surrender" from Germany?

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 13:17
Like the Allied powers in 1945 insisting on "unconditional surrender" from Germany?

I have no idea what conditions will be offered to Ukraine. I think there will be: neutral status written in constitution, to forbid Nazi ideology and Nazi parties/movements, dropping "Language law" and allowing Russian language, Russian schools, TV in Russian language in provinces where Russians are more than 5% - i.e. local state language.

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 13:29
WTF? Moses, we're only on day 5 of the invasion here. Have you already forgotten the reasons as to why Russia said they invaded?

Andy
February 28th, 2022, 14:25
The Weimar Republic was the prelude to something else. Is that what you are predicting for Russia?

You get my point.

Andy
February 28th, 2022, 14:28
I have no idea what conditions will be offered to Ukraine. I think there will be: neutral status written in constitution, to forbid Nazi ideology and Nazi parties/movements, dropping "Language law" and allowing Russian language, Russian schools, TV in Russian language in provinces where Russians are more than 5% - i.e. local state language.

You forgot about the recognition of Crimea.

Andy
February 28th, 2022, 14:31
Although, of course, this is not a negotiation, but a forced surrender.

a447
February 28th, 2022, 14:32
Some posts relating to Matt's bar have been moved to the appropriate thread.
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22692-Who-here-has-owned-a-gay-bar-in-Asia

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 14:35
I have no idea what conditions will be offered to Ukraine. I think there will be: neutral status written in constitution, to forbid Nazi ideology and Nazi parties/movements, dropping "Language law" and allowing Russian language, Russian schools, TV in Russian language in provinces where Russians are more than 5% - i.e. local state language.Surely the only language that matters is the official language of this Forum?

Dodger
February 28th, 2022, 15:38
In other news, stories abound all over the internet of how ex Navy Seals, British Special Forces, SAS and so on are heading out to Ukraine to help.

I'd be surprised if some of the forces you mentioned weren't there from the very beginning.

The shocking level of success Ukraine is having destroying Russian tanks being just one indication of this.

They're using FGM-148 Javelin Missiles for this purpose, and hitting their targets with pin-point accuracy. Not taking anything away from the skill of the Ukrainian soldiers, but typically you see Special Forces involved when this type of cutting-edge weaponry is being using.

What does Putin call this type of support? Isn't it "Separatists"?

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 16:03
I'm also assuming the real-time, on the ground satellite intelligence regarding Russian troop movements NATO is providing Ukrainian troops with isn't exactly hurting either.

Probably one of the main reasons why Putin began stomping his feet and brought out the nukes.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 17:30
Is there a list if countries (other than the “friends” Russia has bought or bullied over the years) who have announced support for Russia’s actions in Ukraine? Putin has been sucking up to Turkey for some time now but I understand Erdogan has spoken out.

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 17:40
Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Syria have thrown their support behind Putin publicly.

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 17:48
Nicaragua, Venezuela, and Syria have thrown their support behind Putin publicly.

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.Syria is already a client State; I wouldn’t think a couple of banana republics are worth considering

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 18:14
Syria is already a client State; I wouldn’t think a couple of banana republics are worth considering

Ohhh, speaking of banana republics, have an awesome Youtube video about that. How the US Stole Central America with Bananas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBCl8huNMA

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 19:05

That's all I know of. Turkey hasn't as of yet, at least not that I know of. Turkey has the ability to close the waterways that connect Russia to the Black Sea as well, but haven't done so even after Ukraine has asked.

They can't: Montreux doctrine allows to close Bosporus, but for Russia only in direction from Black sea, Turkey can't close Bosporus for Russian ships what are returning to bases in direction to Black sea - it isn't allowed by doctrine. Unfortunately for Ukraine Black sea is Russian home sea and Russian naval bases are located right next to front line.

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 19:11
I'd be surprised if some of the forces you mentioned weren't there from the very beginning.

They were there: about 500 instructors from UK and about 1000 instructors from US, both countries recalled staff just 2 weeks before conflict for to avoid 3rd world war.

Moses
February 28th, 2022, 19:13

+ Serbia, Myanmar.
China, India and whole ASEAN are neutral (excl. Singapore)

We will see real picture today at UN assembly

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 19:19
They can't: Montreux doctrine allows to close Bosporus, but for Russia only in direction from Black sea, Turkey can't close Bosporus for Russian ships what are returning to bases in direction to Black sea - it isn't allowed by doctrine.

Not to point out the obvious here, but don't think you're in much of a position to go waving around signed agreements as rationale as to why a nation can or can't do something.

+ Serbia, Myanmar.

Ohh, my bad, totally forgot about the power houses of Serbia and Myanmar.

cdnmatt
February 28th, 2022, 20:25
Sounds like Switzerland is also going to impose sanctions on Russia and freeze assets.

You really got to fuck up for Switzerland to pick a side against you.

EDIT: Ohh, and Singapore is imposing sanctions as well. Another one where you really have to fuck things up for them to pick a side. Oh well, at least Russia doesn't have to worry about sanctions from the likes of Serbia, Myanmar, Syria, and Venezeula so I'm sure they'll be ok.

StevieWonders
February 28th, 2022, 20:52
+ Serbia, Myanmar.
China, India and whole ASEAN are neutral (excl. Singapore)

We will see real picture today at UN assemblyI asked about “announced support” not neutrality. Myanmar is in the same basket as Syria, it’s a Russian client state. Neutrality does not equal support. I don’t believe anyone seriously believes that a country that has a vested interest in invasions such as China’s already announced views of Taiwan is “neutral”. The key word is SUPPORT. Failure to criticise doesn’t mean support

latintopxxx
March 1st, 2022, 01:14
what a horrible situation...the two p[eople are all practically blood family related....we should stop referring to thge aggressors as Russians but as putins....much like we refer to nazis and not Germans...I'm sure that the vast majority of Russians do not support or want this war...

latintopxxx
March 1st, 2022, 01:18
...you all need to stop referring to the aggressors as Russians....call them putins....much like we refer to nazis and not Germans...

Brad the Impala
March 1st, 2022, 02:34
Putin is clearly a tactical genius who “always gets what he wants”.

1. Unite Nato ✓
2. Unite EU ✓
3. Crashes the Rouble by 30% ✓
4. Makes Russia a social, political and economic pariah ✓
5. Creates the possibility of Ukraine being fast tracked into NATO or the EU ✓
6. Effects regime change in Ukraine ✕

Moses
March 1st, 2022, 03:36

1. Unite Nato ✓
2. Unite EU ✓
3. Crashes the Rouble by 30% ✓
4. Makes Russia a social, political and economic pariah ✓
5. Creates the possibility of Ukraine being fast tracked into NATO or the EU ✓
6. Effects regime change in Ukraine ✕

Yeah
+ Donetsk republic
+ Lugansk republic
+ south east region of Ukraine
+ water for Crimea

total balance will be understandable after peace agreement

I think there will be also... and funny: exactly that Russia offered 2 weeks before conflict
- govt of Zelensky
+ Russian language for east regions
+ neutrality of Ukraine

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 05:00
I rather enjoyed the "pot calling kettle black" moment recently when Putin described the West as an "Empire of lies". I'd say the Kremlin's spin doctors have lost control of the message in the last few days. I don't recall a single serious country supporting Putin's view that Ukraine is a neo-Nazi state. There are now rich Russian oligarchs abroad criticising the invasion

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 06:47
Private businesses have joined governments in the isolation of Russia. Facebook, Google and YouTube have announced plans to stop Russian state media outlets from monetising off their platforms. Twitter announced on Monday it would begin adding labels to tweets containing content from Russian state media websites. Oil giant Shell said it plans to dump its joint ventures with Russian gas giant Gazprom, making it the third major oil company to announce such a step. FedEx and UPS have announced they are halting deliveries to Russia and Ukraine, and the US and foreign governments have moved to block much of the Russian banking system from key international markets.

Can anyone locate a Russian edition of Dale Carnegie book “How To Win Friends And Influence People”?

Saying nothing is not an indication of support for Putin. These days “She didn’t say ‘No’’ is no longer a defence in a rape case: it doesn’t signify consent

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 07:48
Ohhh, pish posh, as Moses has already said this will only last a couple weeks and Russia's economy will be back to normal again.

Couple weeks, couple decades, who's really counting?

In good news, China may be thinking twice about invading Taiwan now.

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 07:56
Ohhh, pish posh, as Moses has already said this will only last a couple weeks and Russia's economy will be back to normal again.

Couple weeks, couple decades, who's really counting?

In good news, China may be thinking twice about invading Taiwan now.Moses is fully entitled to express his opinions, he does after all fund this website

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 08:18
Moses is fully entitled to express his opinions, he does after all fund this website

Of course, as am I entitled to voice my opinion.

Well, that is until Moses gets sick of my shit, and bans me...

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 08:28
A prosecutor of the International Criminal Court said he intends to open an investigation into alleged war crimes committed in Ukraine.

Prosecutor Karim Khan said in a statement that the investigation will look at alleged crimes committed before the Russian invasion, but added that "given the expansion of the conflict in recent days, it is my intention that this investigation will also encompass any new alleged crimes falling within the jurisdiction of my office that are committed by any party to the conflict on any part of the territory of Ukraine."

Dodger
March 1st, 2022, 09:02
what a horrible situation...the two p[eople are all practically blood family related....we should stop referring to thge aggressors as Russians but as putins....much like we refer to nazis and not Germans...I'm sure that the vast majority of Russians do not support or want this war...

I couldn't agree more. It's never the PEOPLE. It's always some crazy mother fucker who wants more power and $$wealth$$.

There're protests all across Russia right now against what Putin is doing. They don't like the idiot either. Who would? But I don't blame the people at all. I just want those boys over there to stay safe...especially those cute twinks who seem very fond of those bazookas they carry around.

Manforallseasons
March 1st, 2022, 09:02
The oligarchs with the help of sympathetic elements of the Russian army need to rid Russia of Putin!

Dodger
March 1st, 2022, 09:07
The oligarchs with the help of sympathetic elements of the Russian army need to rid Russia of Putin!

I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 09:11
It's always some crazy mother fucker who wants more power An apt description of the Bookburners on the Forum

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 09:15
40 mile long Russian convoy heading towards Kiev. Uh oh, things are about to get really ugly.

One hell of a way to win over the hearts and minds of the people you wish to govern over.

Dodger
March 1st, 2022, 09:47
They were there: about 500 instructors from UK and about 1000 instructors from US, both countries recalled staff just 2 weeks before conflict for to avoid 3rd world war.

Not correct.

The number of ex special forces personnel sent to help in Ukraine is much smaller than what you stated (so far), and they haven't left, they are still there.

These personnel include, but may not have been limited to, ex U.S. and British Special Forces, as well as a crack team of SAS veterans from the UK. These support assets are already there. If by chance this support would ignite WW III as you suggested, then Russia would be forced to deal with active special forces, i.e. British Special Forces, UK SAS, KSK Commandos, U.S. Navy SEALS, U.S. Green Berets, DELTA Force, Rangers, and a host of other special forces assets.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/american-nato-military-veterans-fight-russia-with-ukraine

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/crack-team-sas-veterans-joining-26350789

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 09:52
Starlink terminals have already arrived in Ukraine. I think Musk only announced like 3 days ago they activated Starlink in Ukraine? Talk about quick turnaround time.

Cool, now Ukraine has high speed broadband internet that Russia can't take away.

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 10:00
I didn't know this before, but apparently China signed a nuclear umbrella agreement with Ukraine back in 2012. If threatened with nuclear attack, China is legally obligated under this agreement to provide a nuclear deterrent and defend Ukraine.

So far, no news from China if they will do anything though.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/3/7/china-s-unusual-nuclearpactwithukrainesyanukovich.html

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 10:27
Putin has been stripped of his honorary taekwondo black belt over his country's invasion of Ukraine, a personal rebuke heaped on top of international economic and sporting sanctions.

World Taekwondo, citing its motto of "Peace is More Precious than Triumph," condemned the Russian military action in Ukraine, saying the "brutal attacks on innocent lives" violated the sport's values of respect and tolerance.

"In this regard, World Taekwondo has decided to withdraw the honorary 9th dan black belt conferred to Mr. Vladimir Putin in November 2013," the governing body said in a statement.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/taekwondo-putin-stripped-black-belt-over-ukraine-invasion-2022-03-01/

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 13:53
FIFA and UEFA suspended Russia’s national teams and clubs from international soccer on Monday (Tuesday Bangkok time), as sporting bodies around the world moved to bar Russian athletes from competing in international events in protest over the war in Ukraine. The move makes it likely that Russia will be excluded from this year’s Football World Cup and the women’s Euro 2020 tournament.

As we’ve learned recently Putin probably foresaw such an eventuality and will have set up alternatives or parallel bodies just as he set up Mir to bypass the SWIFT system

Dodger
March 1st, 2022, 13:57
Sweden and Finland now joining the fray for another historical first. What exciting times!

Here we go again; Time to drag that iron curtain out of storage. Only this time it will just be needed to barricade the Republic of Russia from the rest of the world, versus the entire Soviet Union as it did before. A notable improvement if I do say so myself.

I have this picture of Putin poised behind the curtain pulling levers and screaming into a carefully fitted voice amplifier like the Great Wizard of Oz. If he only knew that Dorothy clicked the heels of her ruby slippers together and is already safely back in Kansas with Toto, and the Wicked Witch of the West was just an illusion.

Putin's fears of a unified, stronger Europe are fast becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putins-fears-unified-stronger-europe-210531046.html

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 13:57
There's discussions about banning the Russian team playing in the World Juniors (hockey) this summer, which are being hosted in Edmonton, Canada.

Wayne Gretzky even said he wanted it on air during his sports broadcast, and he's basically considered a god in Canada, so decent chance it will happen.

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 14:11
Time to drag that iron curtain out of storage. ]
The phrase the “Iron Curtain” reminds me that I think of Dodgems as being somewhat of a “curtain twitcher” himself https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=curtain%20twitcher

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 14:13
Wayne Gretzky even said he wanted it on air during his sports broadcast, and he's basically considered a god in Canada, so decent chance it will happen.A rival god to Justin?

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2022, 14:21
A rival god to Justin?

Not even in the same league in minds of Canadians. Gretzky would be like Zeus, while Trudeau would be like a court jester who does cute yoga poses.

Up here, he's even referred to as "The Great One", especially by sports casters and the like.

StevieWonders
March 1st, 2022, 15:17
To add some levity - during Soviet times the mythical Radio Armenia used to run a Q&A: “What is the difference between the dollar and the rouble. The dollar is backed by gold but the rouble by tanks
Question: Is it true we are on the brink of an abyss?
Answer: No. It used to be true, but since then we have taken a great step forward.

Dodger
March 1st, 2022, 19:04
Up here, he's even referred to as "The Great One", especially by sports casters and the like.

He gets similar recognition in the U.S. as well.

I've had the opportunity to watch him twice on the ice - and it was the thrill of a lifetime.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 03:59
Televangelist Pat Robertson said Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin was “compelled by God” in his decision to invade Ukraine, suggesting that Russia’s attacks are a precursor to an end-times battle in Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/01/pat-robertson-putin-god-russia-ukraine

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 04:47
Two of Russia’s most prominent oligarchs have spoken out against Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine in a major turning point in public reaction to the war.

The interventions by billionaires Oleg Derpipaksa and Mikhail Fridman came as police arrested hundreds of people at protests across the country on Sunday against a conflict that has shocked not only the West but also Russians from all walks of life.

Celebrities and some MPs have already expressed their opposition to the bloody invasion but statements on Sunday from Mr Deripaska and Mr Fridman will be a bitter blow to the president, who has long relied on the unshakable loyalty of the business elite.

Mr Fridman, the co-founder of Alfa-Bank, one of the country’s largest private banks, said in a message to staff at his London-based private equity firm LetterOne: “War can never be the answer”. In the message, he said: “I was born in Western Ukraine and lived there until I was 17. My parents are Ukrainian citizens and live in Lviv, my favourite city.

“But I have also spent much of my life as a citizen of Russia, building and growing businesses. I am deeply attached to Ukrainian and Russian peoples and see the current conflict as a tragedy for them both.”

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 05:01
The interventions by billionaires Oleg Derpipaksa and Mikhail Fridman came as police arrested hundreds of people at protests across the country on Sunday against a conflict that has shocked not only the West but also Russians from all walks of life.

Celebrities and some MPs have already expressed their opposition to the bloody invasion but statements on Sunday from Mr Deripaska and Mr Fridman will be a bitter blow to the president, who has long relied on the unshakable loyalty of the business elite.

Mr Fridman, the co-founder of Alfa-Bank, one of the country’s largest private banks, said in a message to staff at his London-based private equity firm LetterOne: “War can never be the answer”. In the message, he said: “I was born in Western Ukraine and lived there until I was 17. My parents are Ukrainian citizens and live in Lviv, my favourite city.

“But I have also spent much of my life as a citizen of Russia, building and growing businesses. I am deeply attached to Ukrainian and Russian peoples and see the current conflict as a tragedy for them both.”

Fridman is citizen of Israel and resident of UK, Deripaska is citizen of Cyprus. What else they can say for to save own wealth?

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 05:18
Fridman is citizen of Israel and resident of UK, Deripaska is citizen of Cyprus. What else they can say for to save own wealth?Is there a Russian equivalent to the English saying “Like rats leaving a sinking ship”?

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 07:36
Yeah, they're not even full Russians, so who cares what they think?

Now get out of the way, while the real Russians handle this ridiculous nationalistic problem in Ukraine.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 07:59
Yeah, they're not even full Russians, so who cares what they think?

Now get out of the way, while the real Russians handle this ridiculous nationalistic problem in Ukraine.

Dodger
March 2nd, 2022, 08:03
Fridman is citizen of Israel and resident of UK, Deripaska is citizen of Cyprus. What else they can say for to save own wealth?

Not to belabor this (too much), but if Fridman was born and raised in Ukraine, and his mother and father are there now dodging bombs, do you think there may be a slim possibility that he's actually more concerned about his parents wellbeing right now than he is about the $$money$$? I'm basing this on the premise that not all wealthy people are as heartless and shallow as you seem to be implying.

It's a safe bet that the oligarchs (all of them) are just as shocked and appalled as everyone else is right now. This includes a large percentage of Russian people who are risking imprisonment (or worse) for protesting against their government. Media coverage isn't as constrained as it was back in the 1920's. Video clips of the protests occurring across Russia are visible and easily accessible to the World.. This simply can't be hidden from public view...denied...or explained away as being a gross exaggeration or fake news. It's simply the truth for all the World to see.

The longer this goes on - the more a diplomatic solution seems impossible. It's starting to become clear that the Free World is simply not going to offer any of the concessions Putin is asking for, and Putin has found himself standing in the middle of a global circle-jerk...isolated from the World (and reality)...with no face-saving exit strategy in sight.

I keep hoping for the best for everyone's sake (including the Russian people), but if someone doesn't stop Putin soon this thing is going to get a lot uglier.

The update below just hit the news:

"Opposition to Putin's war is alive on Moscow's streets. But no trace of it is covered on Russian TV."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/01/europe/russia-opposition-putin-media-intl/index.html

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 08:29
Russian convoy has stalled again for some reason. Rumors are there's quite a few empty Russian vehicles sitting on the highway as soldiers realized what's up, and decided to nope out of there.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 10:19
A plunging rouble, flight cancellations and money-transfer difficulties are prompting Russian and European tourists to cancel trips to Thailand, a blow to the Southeast Asian nation’s tourism-revival efforts.
The exclusion of many Russian banks from the Swift payments network has resulted in tour operators running into problems when making transfers, according to Charintip Tiyaphorn, co-owner of Pimalai Resort & Spa in Phuket. Some flights have been cancelled following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and many European airlines are re-routing to get to Southeast Asia, she said.

Russians were the largest group of travellers to Thailand in January and top applicants for new visas under a quarantine-free entry programme relaunched last month. About 1.5 million Russians visited in pre-pandemic 2019 and spent US$3.3 billion, the third-highest source of tourism revenue for the country, according to official data.
Particularly in seaside destinations such as Phuket and Pattaya, it’s common for restaurants, spas and even property developments to have signs in Cyrillic characters in an effort to make Russians welcome in a country that before Covid-19 generated about a fifth of its gross domestic product from tourism.

But war and sanctions have once again disrupted Thailand’s efforts to jump-start the vital sector.
“We received emails from agents and sales representatives in Russia that they may not be able to transfer money to Thailand due to sanctions, so this will have some future impacts too,” Charintip said.

“We are more worried about flights from Europe to Thailand that may have to divert, and this would make it more difficult and costly for European travellers to travel to Thailand.” While the Thai government still expects Russian tourists to turn up, it’s concerned that a weakening rouble may limit their spending, Deputy Prime Minister and Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Monday.

Southeast Asia’s second-largest economy has been experimenting with several revival plans for the sector, which in 2019 attracted 40 million foreign visitors and generated more than US$60 billion. The latest measures were the scrapping of what had been a required second RT-PCR test for travellers and the lowering of a minimum health insurance requirement on Tuesday.

Thailand may lose tourism revenue equal to 0.2 per cent of its gross domestic product in the worst-case scenario of no Russian tourists for the rest of the year, according to Krungsri Research, a unit of Bank of Ayudhya Pcl.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3168884/ukraine-invasion-crashing-russian-rouble-sanctions-deal

Oh dear

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 10:27
And I guess over 150,000 Russians are currently stranded overseas. Can't fly home due to airspace restrictions, and their cards don't work anymore anyway.

I really hope they place their current frustration and anger on Putin, where it belongs.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 11:14
And I guess over 150,000 Russians are currently stranded overseas. Can't fly home due to airspace restrictions, and their cards don't work anymore anyway.

I really hope they place their current frustration and anger on Putin, where it belongs.If only your bar was open, Matt, so they could fill in time there

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 11:29
If only your bar was open, Matt, so they could fill in time there

Sure, as long as they'd be willing to listen to the Ukrainian national anthem on repeat, we're good to go.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 11:34
China has started evacuating its citizens from Ukraine, state media reported Tuesday, amid fears for their safety due to the invasion by Beijing’s ally Russia but also reports of resulting hostility from angry Ukrainians.

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 12:21
And sure enough, a couple hours after Greztky mentioned on his sports broadcast he wanted to see the Russia team banned from the World Junior's, that's exactly what happened.

It's like a national duty to respect Gretzky in this country.

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 13:01
And now Exxon has pulled out of Russia totalling $40 billion in assets, and are in the proces of evacuating employees and shutting down operations such as Sackland.

How does Russia expect to produce all this oil and gas it's so proud of? It heavily relies on Western companies, technology, and skills to run lots of its oil and gas operations. You now have BP, Shell, and Exxon all pulling out.

Hell, my brother even worked on Sackland for several years. Never actually went to Sackland, but from an office in Canada he worked on the project.

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 13:33
And now Exxon has pulled out of Russia totalling $40 billion in assets, and are in the proces of evacuating employees and shutting down operations such as Sackland.

How does Russia expect to produce all this oil and gas it's so proud of? It heavily relies on Western companies, technology, and skills to run lots of its oil and gas operations. You now have BP, Shell, and Exxon all pulling out.

Hell, my brother even worked on Sackland for several years. Never actually went to Sackland, but from an office in Canada he worked on the project.

No companies can "pull" money right now: because Russia as an answer to sanctions adopted law what nobody can withdraw money from Russia now... investors may only locally "freeze" money now in Russian banks, but can't "evacuate" from Russia. Right now it is for 3 months, but maybe it will be prolonged.

Yesterday here was poll about war. 65% support military operation, 22% against, rest are "I don't know". Putin's supporting rating grew from 64% to 71%.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 13:39
Yesterday here was poll about war. 65% support military operation, 22% against, rest are "I don't know". Putin's supporting rating grew from 64% to 71%.That is encouraging

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 13:44
This includes a large percentage of Russian people who are risking imprisonment (or worse) for protesting against their government. Media coverage isn't as constrained as it was back in the 1920's. Video clips of the protests occurring across Russia are visible and easily accessible to the World.. This simply can't be hidden from public view...denied...or explained away as being a gross exaggeration or fake news. It's simply the truth for all the World to see.

The "large percentage" is in real life are few marginals... 1000-2000 daily per 145 mln nation distributed in 11 time zones - it is close to zero "percentage". Check poll results in my post above.

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 13:48
That is encouraging

Yes. It encourages 1+ million Russian refuges from the East of Ukraine who are living here for past 8 years.

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 13:51
No companies can "pull" money right now: because Russia as an answer to sanctions adopted law what nobody can withdraw money from Russia now... investors may only locally "freeze" money now in Russian banks, but can't "evacuate" from Russia.

Yes, because I'm certain Exxon has $40 billion laying around in Rubles.

Nonetheless, losing folks like Exxon, Shell and BP is going to take a hit to Russia's oil and gas sector. Do you think Gazprom will just takeover and begin operating places like Sackland? Not likely, there's a reason all that work got outsourced to companies in the West instead of keeping it solely Russian.

Whatever, enjoy your 20 year long economic depression.

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 13:55
Oh, and S&P downgraded Russia's credit rating to junk status.

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 14:01
Yes, because I'm certain Exxon has $40 billion laying around in Rubles.

Nonetheless, losing folks like Exxon, Shell and BP is going to take a hit to Russia's oil and gas sector. Do you think Gazprom will just takeover and begin operating places like Sackland? Not likely, there's a reason all that work got outsourced to companies in the West instead of keeping it solely Russian.

I don't think so. Drilling in Sakhalin is over. Now is pumping phase for next 15-20 years. Whole infrastructure is ready. So, nobody is worrying here. Yesterday Gazprom's shares were even in +12% in surplus.

Political pressure will be easy after few months - after Russia got needed results in Ukraine, and investors will come back, because Sakhalin sells gas and oil to China nonstop.

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 14:02
Oh, and S&P downgraded Russia's credit rating to junk status.

It is "very important for us, don't hang up phone". In situation when Russia can't borrow money, credit rating is just a graffiti on the wall. By the way: Ukrainian rating is 2 steps lower.

Dodger
March 2nd, 2022, 14:04
Yesterday here was poll about war. 65% support military operation.......

Thanks for keeping us updated.

If 65% of Russians supported the "Military Operation", I wonder how many support the "Military Invasion"

If by chance "Operation" and "Invasion" mean the same thing, can we expect Ukrainian citizens to be running down the streets screaming..."The Russians are operating"..."the Russians are operating"???

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 14:06
Thanks for keeping us updated.

If 65% of Russians supported the "Military Operation", I wonder how many support the "Military Invasion".

Any numbers yet?

for sure more than there was supporters of military invasion to Iraq in EU...

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 14:08
I don't think so. Drilling in Sakhalin is over. Now is pumping phase for next 15-20 years. Whole infrastructure is ready.

You do realize these aren't exactly "set it and forget it" type of operations, right? That's especially true in a place like Sackland, which is basically hell on earth except replace the fire and brimstone with the artic ocean, icebergs, and ice storms.

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 14:10
Ukraine is European Nigeria: after start of military operation, here in Russia quantity of bank scam phone calls lowered about 95%.

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 14:14
You do realize these aren't exactly "set it and forget it" type of operations, right? That's especially true in a place like Sackland, which is basically hell on earth except replace the fire and brimstone with the artic ocean, icebergs, and ice storms.

Matt, what is your grade in geography in school? Icebergs??? Ice storms? Skhalin is located just 30 miles to North from Japanese Okinawa island.

https://sakh.online/uploaded/thumbnails/1976100_850x500_fit-1482034154.jpg

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 14:16
Ukraine is European Nigeria: after start of military operation, here in Russia quantity of bank scam phone calls lowered about 95%.That’s a pity. What do Russians do for fun if not teasing scammers?

I hadn’t realised until earlier today that Comrade Putin’s accusations about Ukraine being a neo-Nazi state (so far an accusation no serious country has supported) fail to mention that the President of Ukraine is a Jew, so Putin is saying that a Jew is the head of a neo- Nazi state

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 14:27
That’s a pity. What do Russians do for fun if not teasing scammers?

I hadn’t realised until earlier today that Comrade Putin’s accusations about Ukraine being a neo-Nazi state (so far an accusation no serious country has supported) fail to mention that the President of Ukraine is a Jew, so Putin is saying that a Jew is the head of a neo- Nazi state

So what? Zelensky is just a clown. He has no influence to state ideology. Watch by your own eyes: Jan 1 2021, Kiev

https://youtu.be/8WTEwknp1fo

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 15:18
So what? Zelensky is just a clown. He has no influence to state ideology. Watch by your own eyes: Jan 1 2021, Kiev I think you've mistaken me for someone who cares to validate Russian propaganda for himself. My basic assumption is that all State propaganda - Russia, the USA or Thailand must be taken with a large grain of alt. As I said in a post in response to one you made recently "I am a SCEPTIC"

Moses
March 2nd, 2022, 15:25
Published video isn't propaganda. Just google "Bandera day Kiev" and you will see a lot...

By the way: oil $114, gas $2199. Amount of gas what Gasprom sells in EU is almost doubled in comp with 2021.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 15:46
Published video isn't propaganda. Just google "Bandera day Kiev" and you will see a lot...

By the way: oil $114, gas $2199. Amount of gas what Gasprom sells in EU is almost doubled in comp with 2021.Again, I don’t care. My aim in life is to play the little boy in the crowd as the naked emperor walks by

Dodger
March 2nd, 2022, 16:14
......for sure more than there was supporters of military invasion to Iraq in EU...

Fair point.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2022, 17:12
Napoleon (one of my favourite military strategists), is said to have judged that “the moral is to the physical as three is to one”. The Ukrainians are fighting for their homeland, fired by memories of the four million Ukrainians killed by Stalin’s Great Famine of the 1930s. The Russian soldiers, many from the far east of Russia, have little idea where they are, and are shocked to find themselves not greeted as liberators but told by grannies to “f--- off”.

goji
March 2nd, 2022, 17:21
Matt, what is your grade in geography in school? Icebergs??? Ice storms? Skhalin is located just 30 miles to North from Japanese Okinawa island.

When criticizing other's geography, it's best to get your own comments right.

Sakahalin is about 30 miles north of Hokkaido, which is known for being bollock freezing cold in winter. Hokkaido is the most northerly of the big 4 islands in Japan.

Okinawa is a tiny little island a long way south of the main Japanese islands. An awful long way from Sakahalin.

As for comparisons between the invasion of Iraq and the invasion of Ukraine, there's one important difference.

Board participants from the countries that invaded Iraq will mostly question and often criticize the decisions of our governments at the time.

The board participant(s) from the country that is invading Ukraine seems to think that the sun shines out of Putin's arse and will blindly support every decision he makes and support every single piece of Russian propaganda.

Some value an open mind and an ability to think independently, without prejudice.

Brad the Impala
March 2nd, 2022, 17:56
So, nobody is worrying here. Yesterday Gazprom's shares were even in +12% in surplus.

Wow, see the reality.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/OGZD/pjsc-gazprom/company-page

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 21:18

You mean Nazis like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZfgr2iVZpM

cdnmatt
March 2nd, 2022, 21:36
They can't: Montreux doctrine allows to close Bosporus, but for Russia only in direction from Black sea, Turkey can't close Bosporus for Russian ships what are returning to bases in direction to Black sea - it isn't allowed by doctrine.

And Turkey closes the straits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP78ofbxdFU

Putin can't even get Erdowan on his side. Erdowan, of all people. If Erdowan thinks you've went too far, it's probably time to look in the mirror.

And Turkey is a member of both EU and NATO, so if Putin decides to use military force to reopen those straits, then WWIII has officially begun.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 00:21
Russian soldier captured by Ukrainians. Upon asking why he didn't refuse, "I was told to sign contract or it would be signed for me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MajqG-ZSg

Brad the Impala
March 3rd, 2022, 00:52
141 members of the UN voted to condemn Russia's invasion and called for their immediate withdrawal.

4 members voted against. Russia, Belarus, Syria(remember Aleppo), North Korea and Eritrea. Such illustrious supporters.

Surely there comes a point at which the supporters and excusers for this regime and this action walk away and accept that the actions are indefensible.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 01:00
There is one reason in particular to be grateful to Putin. It has taken the ridiculous stories about drinkies in the Number Ten garden off the front page and restored Boris as leader of the nation. In the House of Commons yesterday he was a walking Ukraine flag - a prominent blue tie and his tousled blond hair

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 01:08
141 members of the UN voted to condemn Russia's invasion and called for their immediate withdrawal.

Awesome. Thankfully, the world seems to still remember Hitler's peace keeping mission into Poland in 1939.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 01:23
Awesome. Thankfully, the world seems to still remember Hitler's peace keeping mission into Poland in 1939.Or the US invasion of Iraq?

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 01:43
Or the US invasion of Iraq?

Yeah, thankfully another one that didn't go to plan. I have no idea what their end goal was, but it sure as shit wasn't Iraq.

Still remember the bullshit news segments from that time. "we can't find any WMD in Iraq, because our intelligence says they've already smuggled all the WMD out to Syria", Right, and I'm straight...

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 01:48
Matt, Er-do-gan... Er-do-gan. Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Turkey doesn't close Bosporus, and even doesn't join sanctions.

By the way: oil 113, gas 2400, wheat 103. And US nuclear stations beg govt not to close import of uranium from Russia, or they will have to rise price for electricity. Wait for 1-2 week and Boing and Airbus will start to talk about Russian titanium - they depends on Russian VSMPO-AVISMA titanium.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 01:58
Matt, Er-do-gan... Er-do-gan. Recep Tayyip Erdogan..Putin’s been sucking his cock for some time now

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 02:10
Putin’s been sucking his cock for some time now

I don't think so. While Turkey pumps Russian gas via "Turkey stream", while Russia allows to Turkey to control North West oil drills in Syria and sends tourists to Turkey - Erdogan will be best friend.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 02:32
Putin’s been sucking his cock for some time now

Putin, the dude who tried to start WWIII, but couldn't even manage to get his military to the capital of the first country he invaded without running out of gas.

That's gotta be one for the history books.

That must be pretty embarrassing for the Russian troops, no? Just stranded there 20km from Kiev, "that's it, you're in for it now Kiev! you just wait there, and once some more gas shows up, we're coming for you".

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 02:34
I don't think so. While Turkey pumps Russian gas via "Turkey stream", while Russia allows to Turkey to control North West oil drills in Syria and sends tourists to Turkey - Erdogan will be best friend.

Ukraine’s largest export to Istanbul when I was there, pre-COVID, was young male prostitutes. Under the Ottomans the Sultan often had a wife or wives from Ukraine and Crimea as well, i understand

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 02:41
Putin, the dude who tried to start WWIII, but couldn't even manage to get his military to the capital of the first country he invaded without running out of gas.

That must be pretty embarrassing for the Russian troops, no? Just stranded there 20km from Kiev, "that's it, you're in for it now Kiev! you just wait there, and once some more gas shows up, we're coming for you".”He drank his own Kool-Aid” is the reported assessment of some Western military strategists of Putin’s actions so far

My definition of entertainment is watching someone else’s clusterfuck, usually known as schadenfreude

It’s certainly nowhere as entertaining as Dodgems’ months and months and months of getting it wrong about the (inevitable IMO) launch of the Phuket Sandbox in the middle of 2021. His patronal month is coming up soon too

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 02:56

That must be pretty embarrassing for the Russian troops, no? Just stranded there 20km from Kiev, "that's it, you're in for it now Kiev! you just wait there, and once some more gas shows up, we're coming for you".

It was what your TV told you? Poor Matt. Russian army uses Israel's tactic now: it is used in Gaza strip - control communications, avoid big cities, destroy any military unit of Ukrainian army. And wait for results. Fight in cities will bring a lot of fatalities. Who need em? All airports are destroyed, Ukrainian army has no fuel warehouses, no ammo warehouses anymore, no railway or road communications - they are cutted exactly from the West side of the Kiev.

One by one Nazi battalions are in the fire: Chechen battalions hunts them. 1-2 weeks more and everything will be done. Russia has time and resources, Ukraine has no time, nor resources. Russia controls Ukrainian sky.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 03:06
Right Moses, this invasion is just going 100% to plan for Putin.

Again, right... and I'm straight.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 03:55
Coal is already $400... Are you sure what sanctions are against Russia?

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 05:48
Coal is already $400... Are you sure what sanctions are against Russia?No pain, no gain; if the result of Western sanctions is regime change in Russia , many Western citizens would regard that price worth paying

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 07:58
Coal is already $400... Are you sure what sanctions are against Russia?

Glad to hear everything is going so swimmingly over there, and exactly to plan.

mr giggles
March 3rd, 2022, 08:47
... small fact for you....

It is funny how some brains are washed. Russia made no invasion to other countries for centuries.....[/IMG]

:unknw_mini: :crazy_mini: :dash:

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 09:18
:unknw_mini: :crazy_mini: :dash:As I recall Peter the Great built Saint Petersburg on land taken from Sweden

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 10:10
Germany seizes Russian billionaire Usmanov's yacht -Forbes

BERLIN, March 2 (Reuters) - German authorities have seized a nearly $600 million luxury yacht owned by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who has faced European Union sanctions over Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Forbes reported, citing sources in the yacht industry.

The 512-foot yacht, Dilbar, was taken in the northern port of Hamburg, the Forbes website reported.

The yacht had been undergoing a refit in shipyards of Blohm + Voss, Forbes reported, adding that the German government had frozen the asset and employees working on the ship did not appear for work on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/germany-seizes-russian-billionaire-usmanovs-yacht-forbes-2022-03-02/

Putin made sure to get his yacht out of Germany before the invasion.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 10:51
I'd love to wake up to a news headline tomorrow saying, "NATO Airstrikes Obliterate Russian Column Near Kiev".

The way I see it is NATO is going to get dragged into Putin's bullshit one way or another, so might aswell do it sooner than later.

Dodger
March 3rd, 2022, 11:53
I'd love to wake up to a news headline tomorrow saying, "NATO Airstrikes Obliterate Russian Column Near Kiev".

The way I see it is NATO is going to get dragged into Putin's bullshit one way or another, so might aswell do it sooner than later.

That isn't in the cards.

Not necessary.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 11:57
That isn't in the cards.

Not necessary.

Tell that to the people holed up underground in metro stations in Kiev right now.

If Russia's previous actions in both Ukraine and other countries is anything to go off of, they're going to level that city to the ground. And it's not like Putin plans on stopping after Ukraine. His idiot right hand man in Belarus already provided the world a map showcasing next stop is Moldova.

It's only a matter of time before NATO gets dragged into this, so might as well do it now.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 12:16

The way I see it is NATO is going to get dragged into Putin's bullshit one way or another, so might aswell do it sooner than later.The Forum ten year old is hoping for nuclear war?? What a surprise

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 12:21
The Forum ten year old is hoping for nuclear war?? What a surprise

Ok, we'll just politely ask the dictator to stop invading countries then.

He's already made his ambitions about as clear as it gets, and has now backed those ambitions up with an invasion. There is no turning back for Putin anymore -- it's all or nothing now. NATO can either jump in now on their time, or later on Putin's time. Sooner or later though, NATO will get dragged into this.

Dodger
March 3rd, 2022, 15:22

He's already made his ambitions about as clear as it gets, and has now backed those ambitions up with an invasion. There is no turning back for Putin anymore -- it's all or nothing now. NATO can either jump in now on their time, or later on Putin's time. Sooner or later though, NATO will get dragged into this.

This isn't checkers - it's chess.

NATO is already as involved as they need to be.

Building a massive global alliance - Isolating Russia from the Free World - and destroying the Russian economy (which is needed to maintain their military) are clearly the Wests primary objectives. Putting NATO boots on the ground is off the table.

Regarding Putin's assets: They've already determined that Putin's personal assets have been distributed within a network of oligarchs who were taxed with the responsibility of sheltering these assets for exactly this purpose. Thus the reason that sanctioning the oligarch's overseas assets was at the top of the Wests hit parade. When they lose money - he loses money.

Patience is a virtue...another world war won't benefit anyone.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 15:36

He's already made his ambitions about as clear as it gets, and has now backed those ambitions up with an invasion. There is no turning back for Putin anymore -- it's all or nothing now. NATO can either jump in now on their time, or later on Putin's time. Sooner or later though, NATO will get dragged into this. There’s interesting speculation online this week about the form of his eventual downfall. Do the generals tap him on the shoulder or will it be whatever the KGB is called these days. It will likely be the same sort of transition as Kruschhev after the failure of his Cuba strategy or Brezhnev after the shambles of the war in Afghanistan.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 15:49
Building a massive global alliance - Isolating Russia from the Free World - and destroying the Russian economy (which is needed to maintain their military) are clearly the Wests primary objectives.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/wheat

Russian economy has a lot of ties to world economy besides West, it will survive for sure. But you (you personally) will pay doubled prices for all commodities and utilities - food, gas, heating, electricity because your govt is too much concentrated on protection for Nazi.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 15:53
https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/wheat

Russian economy has a lot of ties to world economy besides West, it will survive for sure. But you will pay doubled prices for all commodities and utilities - gas, heating, electricity because your govt it too much concentrated on protection for Nazi.People will only notice when it hits them in their hip pocket. Commodity prices are so much jibber-jabber to most people

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 16:00
People will only notice when it hits them in their hip pocket. Commodity prices are so much jibber-jabber to most people

only until time when prices are doubled-tripled... you see graphs, and these graphs are taken at time when Russia keeps calm and doesn't reacts to sanctions... yet.

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 16:02
only until time when prices are doubled-tripled... you see graphs, and these graphs are taken at time when Russia keeps calm and don't answer to sanctions... yet.Most people don't give a damn until /unless it happens

StevieWonders
March 3rd, 2022, 16:24
only until time when prices are doubled-tripled... you see graphs, and these graphs are taken at time when Russia keeps calm and doesn't reacts to sanctions... yet.

It’s an interesting set of talking points but, frankly “This will hurt you more than it hurts me” is rather “Tom Brown’s Schooldays” isn’t it

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 17:17
It’s an interesting set of talking points but, frankly “This will hurt you more than it hurts me” is rather “Tom Brown’s Schooldays” isn’t it

Hurt? When somebody shooting own legs, how it may hurt people around? Right now Russia doubling exports for to quadruple profit for sales on the wave of panic.

Today govt here canceled VAT taxation on gold trade. So people are able to exchange rubles/gold freely without loss on VAT. It will pull down and calm currency market panic. Also all exporters from March 1 must sell 80% of foreign currency income at Moscow stock exchange. Meanwhile state central bank key interest rate 20% eliminates speculates from forex games and from heating market. That will give huge inflow and will stabilize ruble shortly - like it was in 2014.

Right now I use western investors panic for to buy cheap Russian shares for 15-20% of prices, but you are under sanctions of own govts - you can't follow my actions.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 18:28
Russia canceled OneWeb satellites launches until UK govt quits from project. At 2022 are planed launches of 216 satellites.

Russia canceled rocket engines export to US and canceled service of 24 already sold engines. "Let them use brooms" told to medias head of "Roscosmos" Rogozin.

FinnAir send 2800 people to unpaid vacation for 3-6 months because of closed airspace in Russia.

Dodger
March 3rd, 2022, 18:44
Russian economy has a lot of ties to world economy besides West, it will survive for sure. But you (you personally) will pay doubled prices for all commodities and utilities - food, gas, heating, electricity because your govt is too much concentrated on protection for Nazi.

I live in Thailand.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 18:56
I live in Thailand.

Thailand depends on import of oil, gas, grain, aluminum and fertilizers.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 19:28
Hi, Canada here, 2nd largest country in the world, checking in. I think we may have a couple natural resources floating around here somewhere, let me check.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 19:32
Hi, Canada here, 2nd largest country in the world, checking in. I think we may have a couple natural resources floating around here somewhere, let me check.

Yeah. Also check your barn, maybe you will find there 2-3 catapults for to launch 216 British satellites.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 19:35
If everything is going as rosey as you said over there, why is there such a run on the banks?

Dodger
March 3rd, 2022, 19:39
Thailand depends on import of oil, gas, grain, aluminum and fertilizers.

As long as they don't raise the price of KY and Astroglide I'm OK.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 20:20
If everything is going as rosey as you said over there, why is there such a run on the banks?

Public moves savings from bank to bank. For example: VTB is one of the biggest retail banks here got sanctions, so public ran to move savings. I don't ran because 3 "my banks" aren't under sanctions. 4th and 5th are foreign from countries what will not support sanctions, so I don't worry. Just today got note from one of them: bank rises interests on deposits from 5% to 18% yearly (in rubles) and from 0.1% to 5% in USD.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 20:24
Well, I'm sure glad WWIII is starting off on such a good footing for you.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 21:00
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SwdSM8-ZvpE/maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.ochevidets.ru/userfiles/2014/06/24/cc88de0817_large.jpg

https://howmade.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/04.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/20140805_beit_hanun7.jpg/1280px-20140805_beit_hanun7.jpg

https://www.russiapost.su/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/mosul-destructionjpg.jpg.size_.custom.crop_.1086x724.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MyBvGuGgvNo/maxresdefault.jpg

https://topwar.ru/uploads/posts/2016-10/1475732949_1.jpg

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 21:21
Heavy hunting just started: Muslim clans of Caucasus region of Russia just announced USD 500 000 prizes for heads of commanders of Ukrainian Nazi battalions

note: Ukrainian Nazi battalions aren't Ukrainian regular army - such battalions are nationalist freelancers military parts what are sponsored by Ukraine, and are responsible for most war crimes within Ukraine.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 21:52
I like this bounty instead. :)

A Russian businessman has put a $1 million bounty on Vladimir Putin's head, calling for military officers to arrest him as a war criminal

A Russian investor has put a $1 million bounty on Russian President Vladimir Putin's head, asking for Russian military officers to arrest Putin as a war criminal.

"I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrest(s) Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws," said crypto investor and California-based businessman Alex Konanykhin in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

Konanykhin claimed that Putin had violated the Russian constitution by "eliminating free elections" and "murdering his opponents."

"As an ethnic Russian and a Russia citizen, I see it as my moral duty to facilitate the denazification of Russia. I will continue my assistance to Ukraine in its heroic efforts to withstand the onslaught of Putin's Orda," Konanykhin said, using the Russian word for "horde."

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-businessman-puts-1-million-bounty-on-putins-head-2022-3

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 22:20
I like this bounty instead. :)

Well, but bounty of clans at least is real: soon or late all Nazi commanders will be died, like before there were murders in Berlin, Vienna, Prague and so on... there is no safe place in world to whom vendetta is announced by old traditions of Caucasus.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 22:25
Please don't tell me you're so fucked in the head you believe Putin is on some valiant and selfless journey to rid the world of evil.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 22:40
Please don't tell me you're so fucked in the head you believe Putin is on some valiant and selfless journey to rid the world of evil.

Matt, I don't care about Putin or Fuckutin. I have relatives in Crimea and in Ukraine and have information from first hands... not that bullshit what you are reading in "newspapers", watching on TV...

I also see Russian refuges from East of Ukraine here in Moscow and chat with them - they are everywhere - taxi drivers, cashiers in supermarkets, construction workers, couriers, cleaners, gardeners - everywhere where job isn't qualified exclusively for citizens of Russia... here are over 1 million of them in Russia now, and most of them are surviving in big cities, like Moscow is, for about 8 years - since 2014.

Almost all stories started from "When nationalists looted/destroyed my house...", sometimes there is word "killed" in such stories.

So, please stop all your nonsenses.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 23:32
So in your mind that's justification to level virtually every city in Ukraine?

I'm assuming there's Nazis in Modolva we need to get rid of too, right? Then Poland, Hungary, Estonia, Albania, and so on I'm sure all have Nazis in them.

You see, at least when Bush and Blair were running around doing their bullshit war on terror the majority of the Western world opposed it and called them out on their shit. Yet, folks like you seem to think Putin's new war on terror is just fine and dandy.

Hopefully Putin gets himself lost in a CIA black site sometime in the future.

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 23:36
So in your mind that's justification to level virtually every city in Ukraine?

why? do you see any Russian army soldiers within borders of any Ukrainian city besides territories of Donetsk republic or Lugansk republic? What do you mean "every city"?

If you are about photos what I published above - they are results of US/EU/Israel bombing of Baghdad, Mosul, Aleppo and Gaza strip.

cdnmatt
March 3rd, 2022, 23:56
If you are about photos what I published above - they are results of US/EU/Israel bombing of Baghdad, Mosul, Aleppo and Gaza strip.

heh, I see where you get this bullshit line of thinking from now, because you use it all the time. Just heard the Foreign Minstry spokeswoman in Moscrow reply to a British journalist, and this is the exact line of debate she used.

"Why do you give a shit if we're bombing civilians? You guys bomed Iraq".

Moses
March 3rd, 2022, 23:59
heh, I see where you get this bullshit line of thinking from now, because you use it all the time. Just heard the Foreign Minstry spokeswoman in Moscrow reply to a British journalist, and this is the exact line of debate she used.

"Why do you give a shit if we're bombing civilians? You guys bomed Iraq".

Matt: I told you about US bombing last 5 years... about half of million fatalities in Iraq... just search word "Iraq" at SGT.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 00:25
Even some Thais are heading out to Ukraine to help out. He says in a single day he had 2000 contacts from other Thais also wanting to volunteer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWjA_VmN8xc

Brad the Impala
March 4th, 2022, 00:46

Aleppo, really? Most people know that it was the Russians who carried out the atrocious and internationally condemned bombings there.

Perhaps it was part of "denazification" or you had relatives in Aleppo who told you they could see the US flags on the planes doing the bombing?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/world/middleeast/russias-brutal-bombing-of-aleppo-may-be-calculated-and-it-may-be-working.html

dab69
March 4th, 2022, 03:20
Ukrainian pilot downs 6 Russian fighters in first day.
"control of the skies"

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/who-is-the-ghost-of-kyiv-story-of-ukrainian-ace-pilot-goes-viral/

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 03:57
Thailand depends on import of oil, gas, grain, aluminum and fertilizers.Thailand will be "collateral damage"

dab69
March 4th, 2022, 04:20
Just opened Grindr to see an advertisement for
"Looking to Donate to Ukraine?"

Donate now...

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 04:49
Even the board games can be used

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 05:10
One interesting aspect is India’s failure to criticise Russia. There’s always the possibility of further arned conflict on the India-China border, China Is Russia’s soulmate as an anti democratic, authoritarian power. But wait. Who supplies the Indian army? Russia is a long-time arms supplier to India. The Indians won’t criticise such an essential supplier. AFAIK Russia is India’s only arms supplier. I guess the new “Quad” bloc (USA, Japan, Australia and India) against China could change that

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 06:46
I guess the new “Quad” bloc (USA, Japan, Australia and India) against China could change that

CANZUK will take care of it.

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 07:54
CANZUK will take care of it.You're suggesting they rely on Justin?

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 08:14
You're suggesting they rely on Justin?

No, Gretzky. He is the Great One afterall.

Dodger
March 4th, 2022, 08:23
.......Yet, folks like you seem to think Putin's new war on terror is just fine and dandy.

I really believe that it's a very small percentage of Russian people who actually support Putin's actions - with most Russians being just as shocked and appalled as everyone else.

The protests we're witnessing in Russia may represent a very small percentage of the total Russian population (as Moses was quick to point out) but when you consider the potential consequences of protesting against Russia's government it's not surprising at all. Considering the fact that a person can be imprisoned or even executed for protesting against The Great and Powerful Putin I'm shocked as hell that any of them are brave enough to openly protest as they are.

It's easy to take the freedoms we have in the West for granted at times like this, especially when it comes to basic rights like freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to protest, etc.. In our countries we can say anything we want, at any time or place we want, regardless if it's our own governments we're talking about or not. In Russia (Mosses please correct me on this if needed) you can be imprisoned, and possibly even executed for exercising these very same basic freedoms.

Most of the people I interact with in America are willing to accept higher gas prices for as long as it takes if the end result is ridding the planet of Putin. U.S. lawmakers are apparently considering banning all energy imports from Russia - which they should have probably done already. Higher costs for a while...no problem. Most people seem to realize the potential adverse consequences of allowing Putin to reign terror on the world. "Enough is enough" is the most common phrase I'm hearing from Americans right now.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 08:24
Wonderful, Russian military action has started a fire at the large nuclear power plane in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8u0nKS52E

Start another Chernobyl, that'll teach those damn Ukrainians a lesson not to mess with Russia.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 09:44
I'm a little saddened the Russian soldiers aren't wearing exo-skeletons. Maybe they're saving those for the invasion of Poland.

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 10:49
The Entire staff of the Russian TV channel “the rain” resigned during a live stream with last words: “no war” and then played a “Swan Lake” ballet video (just like they did on all USSR tv channels when it suddenly collapsed). Both gerefan2 and I know the ballet as as "Sleep Lake"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1499509523337433092

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 10:55
That's a pretty ballsy move. Hope they don't end up sporting the new Covid face maks the Russian government came out with. They're these really efficient black ones that cover the entire head to ensure no virus particles can get out.

Dodger
March 4th, 2022, 12:07
Start another Chernobyl, that'll teach those damn Ukrainians a lesson not to mess with Russia.

No, no...it's not the Ukrainians they want to teach a lesson - it's all those Nazi's.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 12:36
It's easy to take the freedoms we have in the West for granted at times like this, especially when it comes to basic rights like freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to protest, etc..

You said freedom? Is it joke? Right?

World famous orchestra conductor Gergiev just few days ago has been fired in Germany because he refused to blame Putin.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/mar/01/munich-philharmonic-sacks-conductor-valery-gergiev-over-failure-to-denounce-putin

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 12:40
The Entire staff of the Russian TV channel “the rain” resigned during a live stream with last words: “no war” and then played a “Swan Lake” ballet video (just like they did on all USSR tv channels when it suddenly collapsed). Both gerefan2 and I know the ballet as as "Sleep Lake"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1499509523337433092

Resign? No. This private cable TV station has been closed by General Prosecutor office.

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 12:44
Resign? No. This private cable TV station has been closed by General Prosecutor office.How reassuring

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 12:47
Wonderful, Russian military action has started a fire at the large nuclear power plane in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U8u0nKS52E

It isn't first nuclear site what is under control of Russia. Chernobyl zone and station is already few days under Russian control. Everything is going well there and Russian army patrols it together with Ukrainian National guards. Video is published on Russian Ministry of Defense website.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 12:56
Totally drunk president Zelensky interview (in Ukrainian). Yesterday.

https://youtu.be/6A-NKwYDuK0

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 13:00
Totally drunk president Zelensky interview (in Ukrainian). Yesterday.

https://youtu.be/6A-NKwYDuK0He was channeling Boris Yeltsin

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 13:02
He was channeling Boris Yeltsin

maybe... but Russia at time of Yeltcin wasn't in war.

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 13:02
You said freedom? Is it joke? Right?

World famous orchestra conductor Gergiev just few days ago has been fired in Germany because he refused to blame Putin.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/mar/01/munich-philharmonic-sacks-conductor-valery-gergiev-over-failure-to-denounce-putinHe wasn't prepared to stand up for his principles? He was free to choose. In fact he did choose. He freely chose not to denounce his friend.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 13:03
It isn't first nuclear site what is under control of Russia. Chernobyl zone and station is already few days under Russian control. Everything is going well there and Russian army patrols it together with Ukrainian National guards. Video is published on Russian Ministry of Defense website.

I don't even... the recklessness of the Russian military started a fire at Europe's largest nuclear power plant.

Of course though, I'm sure this is all part of the plan, everything is going swimmingly and exactly as expected, and nothing to worry about as long as dear leader is at the helm.

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 13:05
maybe... but Russia at time of Yeltcin wasn't in war.I was referring to Yeltsin's well-publicised love of vodka

Dodger
March 4th, 2022, 13:07
The short video below provides another perspective coming directly from the Russian people which is worth listening to.

I'm amazed at how similar their real concerns are with those of the average western people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtyA3VJQn1g

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 13:08
He wasn't prepared to stand up for his principles? He was free to choose. In fact he did choose. He freely chose not to denounce his friend.

He was prepared. But his principles are in dissonance with principles of his employer. "Say what I want or be fired". Well Gergiev kept within own principles

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 13:10
South Korea just announced what Korean companies (Samsung, Daewoo and so on) will keep business with/in Russia and will not follow sanctions.

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 13:25
He was prepared. But his principles are in dissonance with principles of his employer. "Say what I want or be fired". Well Gergiev kept within own principlesA true hero and patriot

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 13:26
South Korea just announced what Korean companies (Samsung, Daewoo and so on) will keep business with/in Russia and will not follow sanctions.What will they be buying/selling?

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 13:31
I don't even... the recklessness of the Russian military started a fire at Europe's largest nuclear power plant.

Of course though, I'm sure this is all part of the plan, everything is going swimmingly and exactly as expected, and nothing to worry about as long as dear leader is at the helm.

you again listening propaganda? well you haven't another sources... all alternative sources have been cutted by "freedom of speech", right?

First hands information: https://t.me/dsns_telegram/4239 official Telegram channel of Ukrainian firefight service. There were no fire in "Europe's largest nuclear power plant". Fire was on territory Ukrainian nuclear training center, not far from territory of power plant. Use Google translation from Ukrainian.

All you are reading and watching is propaganda for to prepare public opinion. Our brave soldiers their coward soldiers. Our brave agents, their coward spies.

Even in Reuters yesterday I saw title "Russian rocket destroyed cadets school in Ukraine". First 4 paragraphs was about how bad is Russia and only in fifth was details: empty building of artillery cadets school was destroyed at time of Russian rocket attack to Ukrainian army's artillery base because school is located directly in the middle of the base, what Russia wiped.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 13:34
Ohh, well shit then, nothing to see here... the fire started by Russian military was just beside the nuclear power plant, not at the plant itself. Totally different.

What's everyone getting so worked up over? Sheesh, pussies..

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 13:41
What will they be buying/selling?

as usual: mobile phones, cars and so on, home technic... also Samsung as world third largest construction company is involved in some projects here

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 13:44
Apparently, Makrhon and Putin talked today. Using my superior hacking skills I was able to get a transcript of the call. It went something like this:

Makhron: We need to discuss this situation, try to find common ground and a peaceful resolution.
Putin: Fuck you, I'm taking all of Ukraine, what you gonna do bitch?
Makrhon: Uhhh...

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 13:56
as usual: mobile phones, cars and so on, home technic... also Samsung as world third largest construction company is involved in some projects hereAre Renault cars popular in Russia?

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 14:06
Are Renault cars popular in Russia?

low end market, local manufacturing plant of joint venture Lada with Renault... prices are below $10 000 including recycling taxation, transport taxation and VAT

sales about 100000 per year (about 16% of mass market, excluding premium segment)

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 14:17
For the Samsung thing, you can thank your enemy the United States for that one:

https://www.theregister.com/2022/03/03/south_korea_tech_russia_export_ban_exemptions/

StevieWonders
March 4th, 2022, 14:44
low end market, local manufacturing plant of joint venture Lada with Renault... prices are below $10 000 including recycling taxation, transport taxation and VAT

sales about 100000 per year (about 16% of mass market, excluding premium segment)Who makes the attack-proof ones the equivalent of the ones used by the US President in America?

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 18:33
Who makes the attack-proof ones the equivalent of the ones used by the US President in America?

It is local manufacturer. Brand Aurus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurus_Motors

They have sales here and at the Middle East.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Aurus_Senat%2C_GIMS_2019%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%28GIMS1173%29.jpg/1920px-Aurus_Senat%2C_GIMS_2019%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%28GIMS1173%29.jpg

Dodger
March 4th, 2022, 18:35
South Korea just announced what Korean companies (Samsung, Daewoo and so on) will keep business with/in Russia and will not follow sanctions.

Just to keep this is in perspective, S. Korea has already banned exports of strategic items to Russia. Mobile phones, cars and other consumer goods are not currently subject to the United States' restrictions on exports to Russia, This could possibly change in the future.

The statement you made about S. Korea not following sanctions is incorrect.

dab69
March 4th, 2022, 18:38
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/russian-expert-drinks-to-death-of-markets-on-tv/ar-AAUzWV7?li=BBnb7Kz

Death of markets in Russia...

"While Russian television has long been known for its "customer-friendly" programming, it appears to have hit a new note Wednesday.

That's when a market expert slammed a shot of something and drank to the "death of the markets" during a live broadcast of a "Trading in a New Way" on a Russian financial channel — and then proceeded to say he would now make his living as Santa Claus.

https://twitter.com/tjournal/status/1499300107837128704

Anchor Elina Tikhonova handled this development with as much aplomb as possible, but the clip of her interviewee smacking his lips in the standard issue, tight black tech bro T-shirt has since gone viral.

Alex Butmanov, chief executive officer and founder of DTI Algorithmic, which specializes in stocks and ETFs, has thus far not made a public comment about the appearance. "

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 18:44
For the Samsung thing, you can thank your enemy the United States for that one:

https://www.theregister.com/2022/03/03/south_korea_tech_russia_export_ban_exemptions/

No. That's Korea's job to thanks. Anyway Chinese Xiaomi is more popular here than Samsung. Russia may live without Samsung easy. If Samsung will keep sanction then it will be very fast substituted here by Xiaomi and forgotten. Nobody care about them here.

The same with construction project: if they will drop projects - then Turkey will substitute Samsung and then Samsung will again fight with Turkey for to return to Russia.

Matt, remember - Russia is market of buyer. Russia chooses who will work here - huge reserves of gold, low state debt, always pays in time.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 19:08
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/russian-expert-drinks-to-death-of-markets-on-tv/ar-AAUzWV7?li=BBnb7Kz

Death of markets in Russia...

"While Russian television has long been known for its "customer-friendly" programming, it appears to have hit a new note Wednesday.

That's when a market expert slammed a shot of something and drank to the "death of the markets" during a live broadcast of a "Trading in a New Way" on a Russian financial channel — and then proceeded to say he would now make his living as Santa Claus.

https://twitter.com/tjournal/status/1499300107837128704

Anchor Elina Tikhonova handled this development with as much aplomb as possible, but the clip of her interviewee smacking his lips in the standard issue, tight black tech bro T-shirt has since gone viral.

Alex Butmanov, chief executive officer and founder of DTI Algorithmic, which specializes in stocks and ETFs, has thus far not made a public comment about the appearance. "

There are army of "experts" here. Some are in panic, most of them - not in panic. All make controversial predictions as usual.

All I can comment: at first day local indexes failed down from 3500 almost to 1500 points, but at this week it is going up 15-20% daily, now it is 2470. Everyday green.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 19:08
No. That's Korea's job to thanks.

No, it's the US Department of Commerce who lifted that export ban. Not sure what world you're living in, but South Korea simply will not go against the US. You only need to look at who their friendly northerly neighbors are to see why.

Russia may live without Samsung easy. If Samsung will keep sanction then it will be very fast substituted here by Xiaomi and forgotten.

Why not just get an iPhone? They're the best in the industry.

Oh, that's right... nevermind.

Matt, remember - Russia is market of buyer. Russia chooses who will work here - huge reserves of gold, low state debt, always pays in time.

What the hell are you on about? Not only did Putin just invade the first democratically elected foreign nation on the European continent since WWII, a week ago he also dictated that all companies must sell off 80% of their foreign assets, not to mention the Ruble is a total mess and S&P downgraded Russia's credit rating to junk status. Gee, sure sounds like an investor's wet dream to me.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 19:48
the first democratically elected foreign nation on the European continent since WWII

you make me laugh :))) is it sarcasm?

do you want to look more close to "democratic election"?

https://loveopium.ru/content/2014/02/Kiev/29s.jpg

https://1shot1.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/a8b3032.jpg

https://www.fondsk.ru/images/myfls/2021/b14012104.jpg

https://www.politnavigator.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/kiew1-2048x1387.jpg

https://ua.news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/1-2.jpeg

gang of nationalists who took power just because legal president was too soft for to order to use weapon against these bandits supported and conducted by US...

should we call Capitol's disorders at past year in US "attempt to make democratic elections"?

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 19:52
Yeah, yeah... and Trump won the 2020 election.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 19:58
Yeah, yeah... and Trump won the 2020 election.

No... Looks like 2020 elections won Alzheimer.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 20:20
And now Russia is flying four fighter jets over Swedish airspace.

Russian diplomat summoned, see what happens.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 20:38
Speaker of Russian parliament just announced what president Zelenski left Ukraine and now is in Poland.

https://t.me/vv_volodin/338

alvnv
March 4th, 2022, 20:53
There are only two types of such people - 1. Somehow involved in the system and making a profit; 2. Fabulously stupid, brainwashed by propaganda.
It’s worth repeating

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 21:28
Today there was fight btw Ukrainian regular army and Ukrainian Nazi battllion Azov. As result Ukrainian army fired rocket "Tochka-U" to control point of "Azov" battalion in Mariupol region (10 killed, around 20 injured), in back fire general of regular Ukrainian army Sobol has been injured and evacuated by helicopter to Kiev.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2022, 21:59
I'm not sure which is more distirbing. Russian state media airing pure propaganda 24x7 of shit like Russian soldiers handing out humanitarian aid without worrying about any of the war crimes....

... or the West being more honest during the Iraq invasion of 2003 and tons of Americans patriotically screaming "America, Fuck Yeah! #1!" during the shock & awe campaign.

Andy
March 4th, 2022, 22:12
It is local manufacturer. Brand Aurus. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurus_Motors

They have sales here and at the Middle East.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Aurus_Senat%2C_GIMS_2019%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%28GIMS1173%29.jpg/1920px-Aurus_Senat%2C_GIMS_2019%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%28GIMS1173%29.jpg

They use engine made by Porsche in this venicle. By the way Porsche just stop delivering supply's at the russian market. Looks like they have to put in some Lada tehnologies.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 22:19
I'm not sure which is more distirbing. Russian state media airing pure propaganda 24x7 of shit like Russian soldiers handing out humanitarian aid without worrying about any of the war crimes....

... or the West being more honest during the Iraq invasion of 2003 and tons of Americans patriotically screaming "America, Fuck Yeah! #1!" during the shock & awe campaign.

Matt, do you really think what Western channels airing news? Propaganda is flowing from both sides. Ukrainians even filming imitations. Looks like in 2 next days Ukraine will be divided in 2 parts - East and West by moving from North and South Russian army approximately via middle of Ukraine, Kiev will be at East part. After that all Nazi battalions what are still located in the circle on the East will be totally destroyed, since they aren't combatants by international law. Parts of Ukrainian army will have possibility to leave without weapons. That's how's going "denazification".

After that peace talks will continue... maybe... or Russia will bring to Kiev last legal president of Ukraine Yanukovich who was pushed from Ukraine by nationalist revolution in 2014 and on the world map will appears new Ukraine without western part.

Moses
March 4th, 2022, 22:22
They use engine made by Porsche in this venicle. By the way Porsche just stop delivering supply's at the russian market. Looks like they have to put in some Lada tehnologies.

No. They use NAMI/Porsche developed engine, what is manufactured by Sollers in Russia.

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 03:46
No. That's Korea's job to thanks. .The risk Samsung runs in the West now is to face potential consumer boycotts for being a sanctions buster - “reputational damage”

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 04:04
Speaker of Russian parliament just announced what president Zelenski left Ukraine and now is in Poland.

https://t.me/vv_volodin/338Has this been independently verified?

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 04:42
No... Looks like 2020 elections won Alzheimer.We now know that the US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff moved to take control as an apparently unhinged president (Trump) tried to hold onto office. Who’s to say his Russian equivalent won’t do the same. Putin seems focused on humiliating his top Army and intelligence officials publicly (on television)

Dodger
March 5th, 2022, 08:10

If ex British Special Forces and/or ex U.S. Navy SEALS facilitated Zelensky's transport out of Ukraine, the Russian parliament would be the last ones to know where he was taken. Evidence of this remains to be seen, but if in fact he has been moved to safe-ground, Putin would have to launch another attack (oh, sorry, "operation") only this time into NATO territory. Reminds me of the old saying..."be careful what you ask for - you just might get it".

Western news media giants, including CNN, have stopped broadcasting from Russia and are closing down shop. This decision came right on the heels of Putin creating a new law imposing a mandatory 15 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE for any Russian who criticizes HIS invasion of Ukraine. Go figure!

All doubt has been removed that Putin is consumed with fear and looking for an "off ramp". The target on his back is growing exponentially...oligarchs amongst those taking aim...could be the final chapter in his delusional legacy.

https://www.aol.com/news/russia-blocks-twitter-facebook-war-204206360.html

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 10:07
Canada announced it'll accept unlimited number of settlement applications from Ukrainians. Heck, the third largest ethnic minority iin Canada is Ukrainian anyway, so cool with us.

Oh, and new 35% tariff on all Russian exports. I'm assuming more countries aren't imposing tariffs like that because it's a litterl counter intuitive as it's aimed more towards the ordinary Russian citizen instead of the oligarch class?

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 10:22
If ex British Special Forces and/or ex U.S. Navy SEALS facilitated Zelensky's transport out of Ukraine, the Russian parliament would be the last ones to know where he was taken. Evidence of this remains to be seen, but if in fact he has been moved to safe-ground, Putin would have to launch another attack (oh, sorry, "operation") only this time into NATO territory.

Well, of course... everyone knows you need to chase the Jew around Europe in order to defeat the Nazis.

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 10:42
Canada announced it'll accept unlimited number of settlement applications from Ukrainians. Heck, the third largest ethnic minority iin Canada is Ukrainian anyway, so cool with us.Refugees who are white and Christian are going to be preferable for places like Canada and Australia

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 10:54
Refugees who are white and Christian are going to be preferable for places like Canada and Australia

Yeah, seen a news segment last night from an anchor in India I really like, and she tore into the West for this. Something like...

Ukraine gets invaded, and what happens? Billions in aid, emergency sessions at the UN, unprecedented sanctions, foreign fighters around the world, open borders around the world, et al. Why? Because they're white and European.

What do us brown and black people get? Refugee camps, border crossings, and thoughts and prayers.

And it is true. For example, Canada capped the number of Afghan refugees due to the US pulling out at 40,000.

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 11:51
No more Facebook or Twitter in Russia now either. That's ok, Trump apparently launched TruthSocial a while back for you guys.

I'm assuming Google is next? Well, at least Russia always has good ole Yandex for search.

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 12:45
Yeah, seen a news segment last night from an anchor in India I really likeDid she make that whining sound that women do? I see Bill Gates’ wife is whining about having met Jeffrey Epstein (she made the decision) so of course it’s a factor in her decision to divorce Bill

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 12:51
[Deleted text]

Speaking of which I see Kamala Harris is inflicting herself on Europe next week

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 12:54
Western news media giants, including CNN, have stopped broadcasting from Russia and are closing down shop. This decision came right on the heels of Putin creating a new law imposing a mandatory 15 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE for any Russian who criticizes HIS invasion of Ukraine. Go figure!

Is it how your propaganda describe new law?

Well, at least now on SGT you have possibility to read truth (translated by Google) :

Knowingly false data - a fine of 700 thousand rubles. up to 1.5 million rubles or up to three years in prison.
Knowingly false data created by outbreaks, an organized group, with artificial detection of signs or based on the manifestation or harm - a fine of 3 million to 5 million rubles. or from five to ten years in prison.
Knowingly false fakes that entailed grave consequences - from 10 to 15 years in prison.
Calls for “obstructing the intention of the Russian troops to protect the interests of Russia, the use of peace and security, or discrediting such use” (if earlier during the year a person was brought to administrative responsibility for this) - a fine of 100 thousand to 300 thousand rubles. or up to three years in prison.
Calls for "obstruction" or discrediting, which entailed grave consequences - a fine of 300 thousand rubles. up to 1 million rubles or up to five years in prison.
Calls for sanctions against Russia (if earlier during the year a person was brought to administrative responsibility for this) - a fine of up to 500 thousand rubles. or up to three years in prison.

The most funny is announcement of CNN what they can't work in Russia after implementation of this law. Looks like CNN understand how much truth is in their reports and how much will cost each report to them.

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 12:55
Speaking of which I see Kamala Harris is inflicting herself o Europe next week

Our pretty boy PM is heading out to Europe too. Maybe him and Harris will hookup... I'm assuming war time sex to relieve the stress must be fantastic!

I still think our guy is gay though, but the whole wife, couple kids, and Prime Minister thing keeps him in the closet. No worries, I'm sure CSIS can find him a cute eastern european twink.

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 12:58
No more Facebook or Twitter in Russia now either.

https://twitter.com/SawatdeeNetwork why Twitter is still working for me?

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 12:59
Our pretty boy PM is heading out to Europe too. Maybe him and Harris will hookup... I'm assuming war time sex to relieve the stress must be fantastic!Won’t he have to blackface up again? It didn’t go so well for him last time when it made the news

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 13:01
Oh, and new 35% tariff on all Russian exports. I'm assuming more countries aren't imposing tariffs like that because it's a litterl counter intuitive as it's aimed more towards the ordinary Russian citizen instead of the oligarch class?

so, tell me, why you call it sanctions against Russia? in any deal all tariffs are included into final price... you should call it sanction against Canadian buyers then... gosh +35% to old prices...

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 13:07
Canada announced it'll accept unlimited number of settlement applications from Ukrainians. Heck, the third largest ethnic minority iin Canada is Ukrainian anyway, so cool with us.

Since 2014 Ukraine already lost about 5-8 mln citizens, who moved to another countries (mainly to Poland and Russia).

I may only to applause to Canada. With such decision Russians may became majority in Ukraine soon and everything will be resolved quickly - just by voting.

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 13:07
so, tell me, why you call it sanctions against Russia? in any deal all tariffs are included into final price... you should call it sanction against Canadian buyers then... gosh +35% to old prices...

Yeah, was pretty pointless because basically all Russian goods are off Canadian shelves already anyway.

All we really cared about was your vodka anyway, and that was off all the shelves over a week ago.

Oh, and those little dolls with one inside the other. We've always thought those were absolutely adorable. They will be missed.

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 13:14
Yeah, was pretty pointless because basically all Russian goods are off Canadian shelves already anyway.

All we really cared about was your vodka anyway, and that was off all the shelves over a week ago.

Oh, and those little dolls with one inside the other. We've always thought those were absolutely adorable. They will be missed.

Matt, check for small size text on labels on vodka and "matreshka" (dolls)... dolls are "made in China", vodka "made in Finland"

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 13:20
https://t.me/V_Zelenskiy_official/776

Zelensky blaming NATO in his official video.

"We protecting Europe from Russia and all what did NATO - just send to us 50 tons of gasoline"

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 13:23
https://t.me/V_Zelenskiy_official/776

Zelensky blaming NATO in his official video.

"We protecting Europe from Russia and all what did NATO - just send to us 50 tons of gasoline"

I think we can all empathize with the guy being a little stressed out at the moment.

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 13:26
I think we can all empathize with the guy being a little stressed out at the moment.

I can't call that "stress"

https://youtu.be/6A-NKwYDuK0

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 13:26

https://t.me/vv_volodin/338still no independent verification of this. We know it must be true because the Speaker of the Russian parliament Is an honourable man

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 13:28
still no independent verification of this. We know it must be true because the Speaker of the Russian parliament Is an honourable man

and still no any signs of his staying within Ukraine... nobody saw him in Kiev or Lviv...

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 13:57
and still no any signs of his staying within Ukraine... nobody saw him in Kiev or Lviv...If however he IS in Poland we can expect CNN to run the footage

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 14:02
It is funny how West shoots own legs.

Under political pressure Microsoft yesterday announced cancelation of sales in Russia.

Today here is announced what products of Microsoft aren't protected by anti-piracy law anymore (5 years of jail): everyone may copy and use any Microsoft software for free without punishment from now.

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 14:03
If however he IS in Poland we can expect CNN to run the footage

No, we can't. If he is in Poland, that fact will be hidden as long as possible for to keep morale of Ukrainians high.

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 14:06
It is funny how West shoots own legs.

Under political pressure Microsoft yesterday announced cancelation of sales in Russia.

Today here is announced what products of Microsoft aren't protected by anti-piracy law anymore (5 years of jail): everyone may copy and use any Microsoft software for free without punishment from now.

That's by no means anything new. Microsoft has been doing this for years to help push their Azure cloud hosting services.

At least the West has successful tech giants..

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 14:18
Kering (Gucci, Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent), Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH), Hermes, Chanel and Cartier yesterday announced shops closure here.

There are long lines after that in each shop - it is nice to buy Cartier or LV for 33-50% of the price.

But most funny - Ukrainian medias today published photos of lines with text "Russians are waiting in lines for to buy bread".

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 14:19
No, we can't. If he is in Poland, that fact will be hidden as long as possible for to keep morale of Ukrainians high.Just like obscuring Putin’s mental illness. I quite agree

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 14:22
and still no any signs of his staying within Ukraine... nobody saw him in Kiev or Lviv...

It's raining here right now, so that means God is crying.

You saying I'm wrong? Well, can you see God and tell that he's not crying? Then how do you know I'm wrong?

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 14:25
Just like obscuring Putin’s mental illness. I quite agree

you can't hide mental illness - it is easy visible in actions on videos... look at Biden for example...

https://youtu.be/lhtl0fo-snw

StevieWonders
March 5th, 2022, 14:45
you can't hide mental illness - it is easy visible in actions on videos... look at Biden for exampleOr Putin

Dodger
March 5th, 2022, 14:46
Has anyone heard anything about the status of the "safe corridor for refugees" the two sides were supposed to be discussing? I don'y see anything in the media yet.

To be honest, 2 days ago when Zelensky made the remark regarding "the world is coming to an end" I felt western intelligence would pull him out of the drivers seat. And it appears possible that they may already have done so. He's not trained for this type of undertaking or the immense level of stress this involves. The West knows that. No discredit to him at all.

tick...toc...tick...toc...tick...toc

opps...this just broke the news...

https://www.aol.com/news/reports-russia-observe-ceasefire-2-070133818-072646123.html

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 15:27
Kering (Gucci, Balenciaga, Yves Saint Laurent), Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH), Hermes, Chanel and Cartier yesterday announced shops closure here.

There are long lines after that in each shop - it is nice to buy Cartier or LV for 33-50% of the price.

But most funny - Ukrainian medias today published photos of lines with text "Russians are waiting in lines for to buy bread".

Well, have fun living back in the 1800s with Putin, because that's where you're headed.

We'll continue hanging out here in the modern world while buying up all your natural resources to keep ourselves comfortable and progressing. Sounds like a plan.

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 15:36
We'll continue hanging out here in the modern world while buying up all your natural resources to keep ourselves comfortable and progressing. Sounds like a plan.

That's may be a plan. But you should be sure what Russia will sell resources to you. Or you may find yourself next to Ukraine, what now buys Russian gas from Germany and Poland by x4 price.

Yesterday Russia stopped export of fertilizers to any country. Russia controls 40% of ammonium market. The only cheap source to manufacture ammonium fertilizer is... natural gas. Now watch prices for gas, fertilizers and at next year - for food.

Just before Crimea Russia was biggest EU food buyer after China. After Crimean sanctions Russia announces anti-sanctions and stopped to buy most EU food products. In 5 years from 2014 Russia became world 5-6th largest poultry exporter.

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 15:50
That's may be a plan. But you should be sure what Russia will sell resources to you. Or you may find yourself next to Ukraine, what now buys Russian gas from Germany and Poland by x4 price.

Yesterday Russia stopped export of fertilizers to any country. Russia controls 40% of ammonium market. The only cheap source to manufacture ammonium fertilizer is... natural gas. Now watch prices for gas, fertilizers and at next year - for food.

That's all just temporary until Russia's economic reserves are depleted. Wars ain't cheap, and the sanctions cut deep.

Moses
March 5th, 2022, 16:03
Wars ain't cheap, and the sanctions cut deep.

Conflict will be finished at next few weeks. As per sanctions: China and India aren't joined to sanctions, whole ASEAN as well, Latin America also.

Matt, don't expect to be observer in "sanction war". You will pay quite big price for sanctions of own govt.

What is jobless level in Canada now? Note it. Did you said what Canada announced free immigration for Ukrainians?

That's all just temporary until Russia's economic reserves are depleted.

Depleted reserves? At time when natural reserves of Russia will be depleted, maybe only Canada will have some reserves still. Russia is 1/6 of the world by territory.

Even small and weak Iran survived under total sanctions including total SWIFT's off. Russia isn't Iran and is deeply integrated into World's economy. Than stronger will be sanctions, then stronger will be World economy shock.

Look at sanctions now.

USA: lets make sanctions but avoid to touch oil, titanium, uranium, platinum and rocket engines
EU: lest make sanctions but avoid gas, fertilizers, coal, aluminum, gasoline and palladium
Korea: lets make sanctions but avoid construction, electronic, ships and gas

late each EU country will extend own list of products what it must to save for not to get in troubles...

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2022, 16:09
Conflict will be finished at next few weeks. As per sanctions: China and India aren't joined to sanctions, whole ASEAN as well, Latin America also.

The battle for Kiev hasn't even started yet, so it's hardly going to be over in a few weeks.

Not to mention the fierce insurgency Russian troops will face for years to come once this initial battle is over. Ask the US about Iraq, insurgencies aint' cheap either.

Thinking this will be over in a few weeks is about as delusional as Bush and his cronies were when they invaded Iraq. They were also quite confused as to why the Iraqis weren't greeting them as liberators too.