PDA

View Full Version : Message to Moses - I need your help

Gaybutton
January 30th, 2022, 05:18
Hi Moses. I really need your help. I sent a couple PMs, but I don't know if they went through. The sent messages folder does not show them.

My board is down due to an Error 526, "Invalid SSL certificate". I hope you can fix it. I don't have any idea how to fix it myself. If you need the SSL keys, I have them.

Thank you very much in advance.

cdnmatt
January 30th, 2022, 06:18
Do you know how to login to your server via SSH? Assuming you're running Nginx, login via root, and type:

sudo apt-get -y install certbot
/etc/init.d/nginx restart
certbot certonly

Select 1 for the first question, enter your domain name, and it'll generate your SL cert for free. In the /etc/nginx/conf.d/ directory, look for your http config file. Inside there you should see two lines for the directives:

ssl_certificate
ssl_certificate_key

Change the values of those two lines to point to the newly created SSL files that 'certbot' would have given you the location of. Then restart Nginx with:

Site will work fine after that.

dinagam
January 30th, 2022, 06:31
It's working just fine.

Gaybutton
January 30th, 2022, 07:12
Do you know how to login to your server via SSH?

I wish I did, but I don't. Moses originally set up all that for me and I don't have a clue. I'll just have to wait until Moses finds out what happened and can fix it, which I'm sure he probably can do in just a couple minutes.

2lz2p
January 30th, 2022, 07:48
GB,

I have been receiving that message yesterday and again a few minutes ago. I hope Moses can get it fixed for you soon.

Dodger
January 30th, 2022, 08:29
Do you know how to login to your server via SSH? Assuming you're running Nginx, login via root, and type:

sudo apt-get -y install certbot
certbot certonly

Select 1 for the first question, enter your domain name, and it'll generate your SL cert for free. In the /etc/nginx/conf.d/ directory, look for your http config file. Inside there you should see two lines for the directives:

ssl_certificate
ssl_certificate_key

Change the values of those two lines to point to the newly created SSL files that 'certbot' would have given you the location of. Then restart Nginx with:

Site will work fine after that.

Are you insane???

Asking Gaybutton to comprehend those instructions and fix the problem is like asking Helen Keller to paint a replica of the Mona Lisa.

Gaybutton
January 30th, 2022, 09:17
is like asking Helen Keller to paint a replica of the Mona Lisa.

Didn't she?

Actually I wouldn't have had to comprehend those instructions - simply follow them.

"Then do not question your orders. Merely obey them!"
- Gregory Peck (Dr. Josef Mengele), 'The Boys from Brazil'

Dodger
January 30th, 2022, 09:26
Actually I wouldn't have had to comprehend those instructions - simply follow them.

All kidding aside - you may want to check out this Utube video for fixing SSL Certificate problems. Looks pretty straight forward.

Good luck

Gaybutton
January 30th, 2022, 09:53
All kidding aside - you may want to check out this Utube video for fixing SSL Certificate problems. Looks pretty straight forward.

Good luck

Thank you. I don't have the passwords to get into the server. Even if I have the passwords, I have no idea where or how to find the server.

Two more reasons why I will wait for Moses. The first is Moses knows what he's doing and I don't.

The second reason is Moses knows what he's doing and I don't.

youneverknow
January 30th, 2022, 17:46
The siamroads.com Website has the same issue.

goji
January 31st, 2022, 11:56
For the sake of 2/3rds of the Thai forums and his good health, let's hope Moses doesn't get run over by a bus.

Nirish guy
January 31st, 2022, 16:12
Dont worry he wont, I mean why would he as he hasn't ever said one bad word against President Putin so there'll be no need for that !? :-))

( Im JOKING Moses ! :-)

Gaybutton
January 31st, 2022, 18:05
Moses has fixed my board problem and https://www.gaybuttonthai.com is back online.

Thank you very much Moses.

Moses
January 31st, 2022, 18:47
Sorry for delay. Sometimes auto-renew of SSL certificate (every 90 days) going wrong and then man should to intervene. Unfortunately I was out of city for weekend, and while I got alerts from server, I had no chance to fix it from mobile phone.

The siamroads.com Website has the same issue.
Yes, GB and SR are hosted at the same physical server for many years already. SGT is hosted on another physical server - that why it wasn't "touched" by this issue.