PDA

View Full Version : For those who can't ( be bothered) doing the whole Asia trip thing just now Gran Canaria was nice last week

Nirish guy
January 29th, 2022, 20:17
So for those of us who for Covid / cash or just plain laziness reasons can't or wont be bothered doing the whole travelling to Asia thing with all the hassles involved therein just now but still maybe want a bit of a break dont forget that there's always Gran Canaria handy for a short break.

In general you're usually fairly sure of some nice winter sun and temperatures of 21/22 degrees and up and plently of "fun" if you wanted it (albeit not with cute Thai guys of course, although I did see more cute Asians there this year than ever noticed before). But there were certainly plenty of middle ages white guys / "bear" types if that's your thing in situated in and and around the Yumbo Centre and at the gay / naked beaches and the "sand dunes" ( for fun) etc.

I was there with my bf / his parents and a few friends to celebrate my 53rd birthday so I was of course behaving myself impeccably like the proper angel that I am of course so no funny business for me this trip ( as thankfully those such guys aren't my thing anyway - well, usually :-)

So all all joking aside it was a nice break, with all bars and restaurants fully open and busy ( mainly serving until midnight / 1am at least), with plently of day time shopping opportunities in the outlet malls and with good beaches dotted around with nice scenery to take in if you decide to hire a car to drive around the island etc - and yes for those wanting it plently of gay guys out drinking / fucking / on Grindr and in the Yumbo centre etc.

So, Thailand if course it's not, but for a quick week away, with no covid quarantine issues required ( although one of our trip members did actually pick up covid while there and only picked it up on testing on their arrival back home !) and with it being a cheap 3 / 4 hour flight within Europe it was a handy short break option and enough to provide some much needed winter sun for me.

a447
January 30th, 2022, 09:24
I guess Gran Canaria for you guys is like Bali for us.

It's in our backyards. Bali is only around 3 and a half hours from Perth and so is close enough to fly to for a quick break or even just a nice meal.

I know you're quite a fan of Bali Nirish, but to be honest I'd much prefer Gran Canaria. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away!

And we are still locked in here in Western Australia. :(

Nice pics, btw.

StevieWonders
January 30th, 2022, 09:38
I guess Gran Canaria for you guys is like Bali for us.

It's in our backyards. Bali is only around 3 and a half hours from Perth and so is close enough to fly to for a quick break or even just a nice meal.

I know you're quite a fan of Bali Nirish, but to be honest I'd much prefer Gran Canaria. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away!

And we are still locked in here in Western Australia. :(

Nice pics, btw.How expensive is it to get a boy with a hairless arse to sit on your face in Gran Canaria? The horror that some posters feel when encountering an adult sex characteristic has to be remembered when posting about other countries

latintopxxx
January 30th, 2022, 13:15
when it comes to cheap excellent paid for sex then Thaland wins by a coubtry mile...canary is great...but its no match for Thailand

goji
January 30th, 2022, 14:02
I went to Madrid about 3 years ago.
Despite the size of the city, none of the people renting themseves out were particularly hot.
I even went to the rent boy sauna and if I were forced at gun point to take someone, the best candidate was a customer even older than me. The best working lad there had an enormous chest, matched only by an even larger gut. He was probably over 40.

There was a rent boy bar, but they didn't even open until after midnight, so I didn't bother.

I can't imagine The Canaries are much better for boys ? Same country, less scale.
I see the attraction if you just want a week away from the British winter.

Nirish guy
January 30th, 2022, 23:25
I know you're quite a fan of Bali Nirish, but to be honest I'd much prefer Gran Canaria.

Yes you’re right about Gran Canaria, we’ll perhaps more the other Spanish seaside resorts being fairly much considered our quick hop easy to go to places and in fact I’m away again to mainland Spain in three weeks time for another weeks break - albeit with out much sun this time I’m guessing due to the time of year.

You’re right also about my preference for Bali over such places, but they are of course chalk and cheese in terms of culture, weather and guys of course. That’s not to say certain Spanish resorts don’t have plenty of action going with lots of choice and availability, but when your preferences are more Asian / Indonesian etc based I guess there’s never going to be a better option than going direct to the source itself. Mind you some Latino guys in Spain certainly can put up a valiant effort at winning prizes sometimes too that’s for sure!

latintopxxx
January 31st, 2022, 09:50
Canaries does have young guys too, but not a thriving rent boy scene, if u r in good shape and young(ish) then good sex is plentiful...same goes for torremolinos (yes I know very much a working class package holiday type place) ...only my hotel was on the sea front and the gay bars were up a bloody steep hill round the back...

dinagam
January 31st, 2022, 11:23
Canaries does have young guys too, but not a thriving rent boy scene, if u r in good shape and young(ish) then good sex is plentiful...same goes for torremolinos (yes I know very much a working class package holiday type place) ...only my hotel was on the sea front and the gay bars were up a bloody steep hill round the back...

Bloody difficult to navigate with your Zimmer frame..

latintopxxx
January 31st, 2022, 13:25
segway darling...segway

goji
January 31st, 2022, 14:00
if u r in good shape and young(ish)

What about the other 90% of board members?

latintopxxx
February 1st, 2022, 01:11
most definitely very limited sex...but lotsa bars to drown your sorrows in and lotsa eye candy to brighten up your day....and the beach is great too

Nirish guy
February 1st, 2022, 17:47
Grindr etc is always busy in Gran Can and the Yumbo centre is certainly full of the gays every night - so theres definitely plently of sex about the place if you're looking for it - but you're right Latin that it tends to be with other guys / men of a roughly similar age to ourselves i'm guessing and not with "boys" which I know might put some here off the idea altogether).

I mean god forbid that we widen our net from the range of 18 to 20 year old hairless twink money boys ( not that there's a thing wrong with 20 year old cute twinks of course), but just for those that forget there is a whole other range of guys out in the big world to have sex with out there too which can be fun as well for a nice change sometimes - or so I'm told at least !)

I should reiterate again though that I'm not suggesting that the likes of Gran Can is in any way equivalent to Thailand of course as clearly its not. My point was it's easy / near to fly to when in Europ, has winter sun ( usually), is a nice scenic break with good food and a chance to relax on the beach and a shag is available to most there assuming you've got all your own teeth ( sorry just realised that last part may actually rule out several boards members, but you knew what I meant ! :-)

RonanTheBarbarian
February 3rd, 2022, 01:25
I went to Gran Canaria last month, and had a good time.

This was despite the fact that the week I was there (the week after Saturday, the 15th of January) was unusually cold and wet by Gran Canaria standards. There was a day or two of rain, and the temperature was more like 17-18° Centigrade rather than the 21°, which it averages in January.

I didn’t really bother with Grindr or any of the other apps, instead I went to the drag cabaret bars in the evening and the cruising bars in the later night.

Although late night was not what it usually means in GC, as there was a Covid mandated closing time of 1.00 am when I was there.

You would probably have to be a bit of a fan of the more mature gentleman to really enjoy the cruising bars, but as I am getting into that segment myself now, I felt I couldn’t complain.

If you’re going, I would definitely try to be close to the Yumbo Centre, as that is the complete centre of all gay life there.

I myself stayed at the Hotel Nayra, a mixed but gay-friendly hotel very close to the Yumbo (it was right beside a fully gay place called Paso Chico). The Nayra had a heated swimming pool, which I was glad of considering the slightly cooler temperatures in the week I was there

My advice also would be if you’re going to Gran Canaria to try and see a bit more of the island. I went on a day tour and I was quite impressed at the scenery, and a contrast between the arid south and the lush, green north of the island.

RonanTheBarbarian
February 3rd, 2022, 01:39
Ricky's Cabaret Bar was fun.

I was particular impressed with one drag artist, Daisy Diamond. A really energetic, physical performer.Here she is doing a Barbie Girl number.

RonanTheBarbarian
February 3rd, 2022, 01:43
Terrys Showbar got more into the Spanish vibe with a transgender flamenco.