PDA

View Full Version : A quick look at TEST AND GO …

jvt22222
January 25th, 2022, 20:07
…. coming into effect on 1 February 2022.

StevieWonders
January 26th, 2022, 06:15

Brad the Impala
January 26th, 2022, 17:05
What a pity for Goji that he has you blocked, as this is one of his favourite topics.

gerefan2
January 26th, 2022, 17:27
I can’t read the second page above but 2 Thai friends of mine spent 10 days in a Pattaya “hospitel” last week. There were 960 other inmates.

They were not allowed out of their rooms for the whole 10 days.

The article is very suspect, but it is just another “story” from another newspaper rag.

Mancs
January 26th, 2022, 22:30
My friend was in a Patong ASQ Hotel for 10 days. Not able to leave room. No take out deliveries allowed. Guard at end of corridor.

StevieWonders
January 27th, 2022, 01:33
What a pity for Goji that he has you blocked, as this is one of his favourite topics.Only a few months until his patron saint day too

StevieWonders
January 27th, 2022, 01:40
I can’t read the second page above but 2 Thai friends of mine spent 10 days in a Pattaya “hospitel” last week. There were 960 other inmates.

They were not allowed out of their rooms for the whole 10 days.

The article is very suspect, but it is just another “story” from another newspaper rag.It was originally published in that well-known Murdoch rag the Sunday Times

The Thai government has acknowledged “problems” with the system where COVID positive travellers are not admitted to hospital but their focus is entirely on travellers refusing to pay or even leaving before entitled to do so. Their solution apparently is the Thai answer to everything these days - another mandatory insurance levy. The current mandatory insurance requirement (50k USD) only covers hospitalisation and most travellers with COVID don’t need to go to hospital

gerefan2
January 27th, 2022, 02:00
The article is very suspect, but it is just another “story” from another newspaper rag.

It was originally published in that well-known Murdoch rag the Sunday Times
l

As I said, and you appear to agree, just another rag. Nothing special about it.

StevieWonders
January 27th, 2022, 04:21
As I said, and you appear to agree, just another rag. Nothing special about it.
As you’ve said before you have no interest in the mainstream media yet you claim to know a lot about what’s going on. I guess Facebook has its uses for people like you

StevieWonders
January 29th, 2022, 13:43
As I said, and you appear to agree, just another rag. Nothing special about it.Evidently the Governor of Phuket has decided to respond. I’ve never understood why mere sex tourists like you (and sexpats like Amazing Dodgems) imagine you know anything about Thailand -

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40011595

gerefan2
January 29th, 2022, 17:05
I’ve never understood why mere sex tourists like you (and sexpats like Amazing Dodgems) imagine you know anything about Thailand -

url]

Probably because we learned anything we know about Thailand from contributors like your good self?!

And incidentally the Governor actually said:
“ Reacting to the criticism, Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew said he has instructed officials to investigate the case.
He said the province is ready to address valid criticisms of the hospitel system but would rebut any information that was not true.”

So he supports my view, in post #4, that the story “is suspect”.

Why don’t you wait until his investigation is complete?

StevieWonders
January 30th, 2022, 03:33
Why don’t you wait … ?Teasing you is much more fun

StevieWonders
February 4th, 2022, 22:04
A warning against Test & Go published in Europe - https://scandasia.com/warning-against-traveling-to-thailand/

Moses
February 4th, 2022, 22:44
A warning against Test & Go published in Europe - https://scandasia.com/warning-against-traveling-to-thailand/

I can tell even more bad story: friend of mine has been tested positive on 5th day on Phuket. Then his insurance company insisted him to be tested again by their independent doctor and test has been negative, but then again hotel insisted him to be tested by doctor from hospital with which hotel has contact and again they got positive, then was one more test from insurance company and it was negative.

After 2:2 score at 9th day insurance company told him to run to airport with negative results from last test and send him new ticket, so he did. In Moscow he did 2 more test at first and third day and both are negative. He lost 4 vacation days in room separated from his BF, paid for 5 days for additional room for his BF. His BF also was locked in room and tested once negative.

Hotel claimed to bring them food 3 times per day + water, by fact there were only breakfasts, rest food was daily delivered to both guys by their friend (also Russian) who is living on Phuket. Also they demand to pay for both rooms upfront for 14 days. That was declined and he paid day by day.

At past he was huge fan of Thailand, but after that he said "Never again".

goji
February 4th, 2022, 23:20
So the post from Moses might just explain why the positive test rate is inexplicably high. Would that be fraudulent test results processed by the hospitals that benefit from failures ?

StevieWonders
February 5th, 2022, 03:08
So the post from Moses might just explain why the positive test rate is inexplicably high. Would that be fraudulent test results processed by the hospitals that benefit from failures ?I love a good conspiracy theory

Brad the Impala
February 5th, 2022, 03:20
So the post from Moses might just explain why the positive test rate is inexplicably high. Would that be fraudulent test results processed by the hospitals that benefit from failures ?

How exactly are the hospitals benefitting if the tests are positive? In these events those who tested positive were required to isolate in hotels. Weren't they? It is also generally been clear that the PCR test can note failures at different levels depending on the caution of the provider. Government standards are usually more cautious than private providers.

Too easy to keep throwing out accusations of frauds without any evidence.

StevieWonders
February 5th, 2022, 05:04
How exactly are the hospitals benefitting if the tests are positive? In these events those who tested positive were required to isolate in hotels. Weren't they? It is also generally been clear that the PCR test can note failures at different levels depending on the caution of the provider. Government standards are usually more cautious than private providers.

Too easy to keep throwing out accusations of frauds without any evidence.The official statistics reported every morning around 8am segregate tourist numbers; they’re roughly 200 per day. Only a RWNJ with a frequently expressed distrust in government everywhere could make something of that

goji
February 5th, 2022, 10:30
I can tell even more bad story: friend of mine has been tested positive on 5th day on Phuket. Then his insurance company insisted him to be tested again by their independent doctor and test has been negative, but then again hotel insisted him to be tested by doctor from hospital with which hotel has contact and again they got positive, then was one more test from insurance company and it was negative.

After 2:2 score at 9th day insurance company told him to run to airport with negative results from last test and send him new ticket, so he did. In Moscow he did 2 more test at first and third day and both are negative. He lost 4 vacation days in room separated from his BF, paid for 5 days for additional room for his BF. His BF also was locked in room and tested once negative.

Hotel claimed to bring them food 3 times per day + water, by fact there were only breakfasts, rest food was daily delivered to both guys by their friend (also Russian) who is living on Phuket. Also they demand to pay for both rooms upfront for 14 days. That was declined and he paid day by day.

At past he was huge fan of Thailand, but after that he said "Never again".

I hope your friend is publicising this story as much as possible. That's the only way this kind of practice will stop.

Moses
February 5th, 2022, 14:54
Too easy to keep throwing out accusations of frauds without any evidence.

They conclude: "detected" even when numbers are lower than reference numbers from test manufacturer. It is the core of the trick. If person had COVID-19 at past, person at next 3-5 month will have such numbers of virus parts and died cells. So they use that. The same trick is described in article above.

Moses
February 5th, 2022, 15:28

Isolation is up to client: in hotel on special floor with special price, in communal observatory, in hospital. When client has positive test on hands he will call to his insurance company. If IC will cover hospital cost then many will choose hospital. If IC will not cover cost of hospital , then many will choose hotel. Only few will choose communal observatory.

If hospital and hotel are private - they will find way to benefit each other after each one new client.

goji
February 5th, 2022, 17:30
Just checking up on this Ct scale and it seems to be inverted, so that a smaller number means more COVID.

Following is from Indian Express.com.

"According to the ICMR advisory, the Ct value of an RT-PCR reaction is the number of cycles at which fluorescence of the PCR product is detectable over and above the background signal. Put simply, the Ct value refers to the number of cycles after which the virus can be detected. If a higher number of cycles is required, it implies that the virus went undetected when the number of cycles was lower. The lower the Ct value, the higher the viral load — because the virus has been spotted after fewer cycles."

"To put that in context, let us look at the ICMR advisory and Maharashtra’s letter to ICMR. According to the ICMR, a patient is considered Covid-positive if the Ct value is below 35. "

Also, looking for an absolute limit consistently applied elsewhere is not very productive: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html