PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Complex

gerefan2
January 13th, 2022, 18:11
Has something happened?

All major players closed tonight at 7 pm. At Home, Doubleshot, Sun Bar, even Yupins.

The only ones open are a few near Dolce Vita.

I know it's 9 pm closing but the Soi looks awful.

Manforallseasons
January 13th, 2022, 18:51
Has something happened?

All major players closed tonight at 7 pm. At Home, Doubleshot, Sun Bar, even Yupins.

You reckon it might have something to do with Covid?

goji
January 13th, 2022, 18:56
You reckon it might have something to do with Covid?

More likely to be something to do with regulations which have some tenuous link with covid than actually covid itself.

eg Insufficient customers due to restrictions on tourist arrivals or the early closing making it not worthwhile. Or tea money related to daft covid rules.

The probability that all the bars close because all the staff have covid is near zero.

dinagam
January 13th, 2022, 20:24
Covid-19 mongering by the BBC will be taken up by Thailand soon.

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2022, 20:32
It’s hardly scare mongering when they’re literally reporting comments made by the World Heath Organisation.

It also could well be a simple fact as well looking at current transmission rates and it’s not like they’re headlining with YOURE ALL GOING TO DIE or anything of that type.

gerefan2
January 13th, 2022, 21:18
So you didn't die Irish ..was it just a cold ?

Nirish guy
January 14th, 2022, 06:27
No I was vaccinated, I think that was a lot to do with it - plus it was omicron Im guessing so i think that helped too.......it's really not rocket science.......

Dodger
January 14th, 2022, 07:04
Has something happened?

Not enough customers due to Covid to even break even - let alone make a profit..

aussie
January 14th, 2022, 12:00
Has something happened?

Yupins usually has a holiday break in January. There is a notice on the door of the restaurant.

At least two Complex bars have alteady been raided for selling alcohol past 9.00pm. Two trucks were seen in the main soi checking bars around 11.00pm earlier this week.

aussie
January 15th, 2022, 21:55
There were more bars open again tonight, Saturday night. Yupins were back from their holiday and M2M re-opened. At Home, Doubleshot and other bars were busy and provided more light and activity in the soi.

Check bins were sorted and most customers were out of the bars at 9.00pm. The police have been checking regularly later at night to see if the bars are really closed.

catawampuscat
January 20th, 2022, 12:39
Thanks aussie !
By far, the best and most accurate reports on Jomtien Complex..

aussie
January 22nd, 2022, 08:08
All bar/restaurants in the main Complex soi were open last night including the soft opening of the Venue cafe.

And just as opening hours have been extended to 11.00pm from next Monday, Jomtien Complex bar/restaurant owners have recieved a notice from the Complex office stating that the bar/restaurants will need to close from Monday 24 to Thursday 27 to allow for painting of the main soi.

Needless to say the bar/restaurant owners are not happy as the painting could have been done during the many months of lockdown and there will be an emergency meeting today to discuss alternative measures so that they can remain open next week.

aussie
January 29th, 2022, 09:19
Various Complex bars were raided by Chonburi police last night for opening later than 11.00pm and violating Covid restrictions.

Dodger
January 29th, 2022, 09:59

Needless to say the bar/restaurant owners are not happy as the painting could have been done during the many months of lockdown and there will be an emergency meeting today to discuss alternative measures so that they can remain open next week.

I hope the meeting attendees have enough clout to do something that actually makes sense: For starters, whoever had the brilliant idea to start painting Rainbows right when the businesses are struggling to reopen, should be stuffed like a Mexican piñata and hung at the entrance of JC for everyone to take a swat as they enter.

Secondly, they should hold off on the Rainbow fiasco altogether until China sends us its next virus.

Dodger
January 29th, 2022, 10:03
Various Complex bars were raided by Chonburi police last night for opening later than 11.00pm and violating Covid restrictions.

Any bar owner who takes advantage of the longer hours and remains open after 11:00 PM deservers what he/she gets.

How stupid can some people get???

Manforallseasons
January 29th, 2022, 10:14
I hope the meeting attendees have enough clout to do something that actually makes sense: For starters, whoever had the brilliant idea to start painting Rainbows right when the businesses are struggling to reopen, should be stuffed like a Mexican piñata and hung at the entrance of JC for everyone to take a swat as they enter.

Secondly, they should hold off on the Rainbow fiasco altogether until China sends us its next virus.

If they didn't paint the flag no one would know it was a gay area....:mocking_mini:

gerefan2
January 29th, 2022, 18:54

Can't have been serious all bars operating normally again tonight

aussie
January 31st, 2022, 11:24
Can't have been serious all bars operating normally again tonight

Allegedly a 45000 baht fine for each venue was at the low end compared to a 200k baht fine for another bar a while back. It seems that the envelopes just needed a top up last weekend.