View Full Version : What the Dickens?

arsenal
January 9th, 2022, 17:26
"an authentic gay experience"

A phrase worthy of Mr Micawber himself.

bkkguy
January 9th, 2022, 18:26
A phrase worthy of Mr Micawber himself.

I have never really thought of straight Thai/Cambodian boys pole dancing half-arsed on stage as Dickensian

arsenal
January 9th, 2022, 19:48
Really!!!
Poor boys with little or no education and no family support head to the big city and doing what they have to to survive and on the way meeting many a like minded soul.

How much more Dickensian do you want It?

goji
January 9th, 2022, 20:05
How much more Dickensian do you want It?

I bet the Dickensian boys didn't have iPhones. In this era, prostitutes don't even have to work in Gogo bars. They can doss around playing Candy Crush until their chosen e-commerce platform presents a suitable customer, then travel there in or on a taxi.

latintopxxx
January 10th, 2022, 02:42
..those "boys" know exactly how to earn a living....just follow in the footsteps of dad/uncle/brother...its an age old way of life...besides all come fully trained...there is a gogo training college in every country villlage

StevieWonders
January 10th, 2022, 02:59
"an authentic gay experience" - Aphrase worthy of Mr Micawber himself. Wilkins Micawber is a clerk in Charles Dickens's 1850 novel David Copperfield. He is traditionally identified with the optimistic belief that "something will turn up."Wikipedia

I prefer Joe’s often quoted comment in Great Expectations “What larks, Pip”, a statement and the novel itself that came immediately to mind sitting adjacent to a roly-poly peroxide blond in G’s one evening (maybe 3 years ago) who was whining to his rather bored dining companion that “all those old expats in Bangkok are JEALOUS of my success because I know more than them”. He then went on to say he was headed back to Australia to get a business visa but he’d be back and he’d SHOW THEM”. Great expectations. “What larks, Pip”, I thought. And indeed something has turned up. Very Micawberish

arsenal
January 10th, 2022, 06:57
Just watched David Copperfield, the BBC 1999 version. Young Daniel Radcliffe starring alongside fellow future Harry Potter cast members Maggie Smith, Zoe Wannamaker, Imelda Staunton and Dawn French along with Bob Hoskins, Trevor Eve, Nicholas Lyndhurst and Ian McKellen. Joyous, joyful jubilations just jollying jaded johns.

StevieWonders
January 10th, 2022, 07:23
Just watched David Copperfield, the BBC 1999 version. Young Daniel Radcliffe starring alongside fellow future Harry Potter cast members Maggie Smith, Zoe Wannamaker, Imelda Staunton and Dawn French along with Bob Hoskins, Trevor Eve, Nicholas Lyndhurst and Ian McKellen. Joyous, joyful jubilations just jollying jaded johns.A friend of mine recently watched the Netflix "Personal History of David Copperfield" with his eyes firmly fixed on Dev Patel's crotch. Dev is allegedly H (for Hung). I understand my friend's attitude was definitely Micawberish; the good thing he thought might turn up was Dev's erection. How's that for an authentic gay experience?

mr giggles
January 10th, 2022, 12:57
I have never really thought of straight Thai/Cambodian boys pole dancing half-arsed on stage as Dickensian

Hard TImes indeed.....

StevieWonders
January 10th, 2022, 13:15
Hard TImes indeed.....Bangkok & Pattaya - A Tale of Two Cities

arsenal
January 10th, 2022, 14:06
steviewonders and mr giggles. A tale of two members. Not..

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2022, 01:16
nah...just stick to Bangkok....A tale of 2 cities....gap between the have and have nots....