PDA

View Full Version : sà-wàt-dii bpii-mài 2022!

Jellybean
January 1st, 2022, 00:11
Happy New Year to all at Sawatdee! Here’s hoping that 2022 is better than 2020 and 2021, it surely cannot be any worse, can it?

As mentioned last year, once again I apologise in advance for taking liberties with some members’ avatars, inventing new avatars, substituting avatars to fit and not including more avatars due to the limited space. In case you do not recognise them all they are: arsenal, Moses, Uranus, Khor tose, Double Dutch, goji, Manforallseasons, vnman, sglad, NIrish-guy, Surfcrest, colmx, Jellybean, jolyjacktar, bkkguy, Kenny, Mancs, ChristianPFC, Oliver2, Gaybutton, Brad the Impala, Dodger, Mr Giggles, Aussie, cdnmatt, catawampuscat, a447, latintopxxx, Andy, gerefan2, françois, StevieWonders, scottish-guy, dinagam, RonanTheBarbarian and last but definitely not least, snotface.

https://youtu.be/9lht2mRd2kQ

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?

Chorus:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

And surely you'll buy your pint cup!
and surely I'll buy mine!
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

Chorus:
We two have run about the hills,
and picked the daisies fine;
But we've wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.

Robert Burns 1788

John Masey Wright and John Rogers' illustration of the poem, c. 1841.
Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne)

Moses
January 1st, 2022, 00:32
Happy New Year to all :)

dinagam
January 1st, 2022, 16:28
Here we go... Hopefully not into another Annus Horribilis.
Happy 2022 to all members of this forum.

bkkguy
January 1st, 2022, 18:29
or featuring some local talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ItoAbZHUWA

riverdee
January 1st, 2022, 21:38
well happy new year guys to all,never seen that you tube before and actually brought a wee tear to my eye,and after our Hogmany was cancelled by the wicked witch Sturgeon think its the worst New Years Eve ever here in Scotland,and our friends south of the border no restrictions.........our country is f.....d and my wish is even to get a holiday this year Love to All and here is to a fantastic 2022

mr giggles
January 2nd, 2022, 07:13
well happy new year guys to all,never seen that you tube before and actually brought a wee tear to my eye,and after our Hogmany was cancelled by the wicked witch Sturgeon think its the worst New Years Eve ever here in Scotland,and our friends south of the border no restrictions.........our country is f.....d and my wish is even to get a holiday this year Love to All and here is to a fantastic 2022

Did she also cancel punctuation?

Dodger
January 2nd, 2022, 09:06
I wish you peace, health, and happiness...blah...blah...blah!

Screw that!

I wish all of you maniacs lots of sex, booze, orgasm, and hope you win the lotto!

Stay healthy and positive.

Hugs...Dodger

bkkguy
January 2nd, 2022, 18:50
Stay healthy and positive.

or at least stay healthy and negative :)

Jellybean
January 2nd, 2022, 22:30
. . . Here’s hoping that 2022 is better than 2020 and 2021, it surely cannot be any worse, can it?

The following pic’ is doing the rounds on facebook and, I’m guessing, just about says what most of us are probably thinking and sort of answers my question at post #1.