PDA

View Full Version : Pfizer Booster @ Royal Garden Pattaya

Manforallseasons
December 25th, 2021, 18:35
For those who have already received there second dose of the mentioned vaccines and at least 3 months have passed from your second injection booster available from December 23 9-3pm till further notice.

goji
December 25th, 2021, 19:29
I THINK it's 3 months after any of the 5 vaccine combinations on their list ? Perhaps someone who reads Thai can either confirm or correct me.

If you have already had Pfizer or Moderna, I believe the boosters are available after 6 months in Thailand, based on what I have read from other reliable sources.

StevieWonders
December 26th, 2021, 03:16
I THINK it's 3 months after any of the 5 vaccine combinations on their list ? Perhaps someone who reads Thai can either confirm or correct me.

If you have already had Pfizer or Moderna, I believe the boosters are available after 6 months in Thailand, based on what I have read from other reliable sources.

4 weeks if both first doses were Chinese junk (as were many in Thailand)

Dodger
December 26th, 2021, 08:08
Unfortunately, boosters aren't being made available for those who received Pfizer jabs until after 6 months.

I guess this is the downside of getting a highly rated vaccine.

I don't mind waiting...it beats the alternative.

dinagam
December 26th, 2021, 10:16

goji
December 26th, 2021, 11:03
There is always someone promoting potty anti-vaxxer theories.

Symptomatic COVID isn't a major problem and it's severe COVID that we should worry about. Thankfully UK data shows the Pfizer vaccine is effective against hospitalisation for many months.

Incidentally, this nicely explains Thai policy on booster dose intervals.

christianpfc
December 28th, 2021, 10:04
The Thai says it's limited to 400 people per day.

Andaman!
December 28th, 2021, 14:41
Thankfully UK data shows the Pfizer vaccine is effective against hospitalisation for many months.

A leading scientist is arguing that the reason the death rate in UK is not rising significantly in UK as a result of Omicron whilst it is is surging elsewhere in Europe is because the UK relied heavily on Astra Zeneca vaccine which gives better sustained long term protection than MRNA vaccines albeit with longer antibody levels.

Very good article on this in the Times yesterday but it’s behind a paywall so here is the less well written mail article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10348723/AstraZenecas-Covid-19-vaccine-creates-immunity-life-scientist-claims.html

goji
December 28th, 2021, 14:53
A leading scientist is arguing that the reason the death rate in UK is not rising significantly in UK as a result of Omicron whilst it is is surging elsewhere in Europe is because the UK relied heavily on Astra Zeneca vaccine which gives better sustained long term protection than MRNA vaccines albeit with longer antibody levels.

That's his hypothesis. The idea that AZ protection might, in theory, last longer has been floating around for at least a year.
However, data to support that is hard to find. In fact, UK data so far shows protection against death holds up longer with mRNA vaccines.

Manforallseasons
December 29th, 2021, 14:08
A friend of mine went to Royal Garden today for his third booster, after arriving at 9:30am he was #419 in line…..he said it was total chaos, 95% were Thais, on offer was 1st, 2nd & 3rd Pfizer shots, he was finished and out by 1:00 pm.

StevieWonders
December 29th, 2021, 14:26
A friend of mine went to Royal Garden today for his third booster, after arriving at 9:30am he was #419 in line…..he said it was total chaos, 95% were Thais, on offer was 1st, 2nd & 3rd Pfizer shots, he was finished and out by 1:00 pm.It’s not known as Amazing Thailand for no reason

Moses
December 29th, 2021, 15:45
4 weeks if both first doses were Chinese junk (as were many in Thailand)

It looks like Moderna's marketing and has nothing linked to biology

arsenal
January 3rd, 2022, 08:19
I see these people in the same way I see those who go swimming in crocodile infested waters in Australia. What the fuck did you expect!!!

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-couple-with-four-children-die-on-same-day-after-contracting-coronavirus-and-family-encourages-others-to-get-vaccinated-12507593