PDA

View Full Version : Moses - a question for you re the Siam Road guide you helped before ???

Nirish guy
December 24th, 2021, 19:34
Moses, after seeing some news footage on TV this morning of the latest hurricane that hit the Philippines recently it reminded me of your friend the guy, one of your Siam road tour guides ( I think ?) who you tried to help raise some money to help his family rebuild their home after their existing house was destroyed that year. Sorry I did look for the old thread before posting but couldn't find it.

But as I seem to recall their disaster was around Christmas time too ? I know you managed to get him some money together but I just wondered how he / they were doing now and had you ever heard back from him again and might know if he and his family had managed to get their home rebuilt again, at least enough to survive in and had they managed to start piecing their lives back together again after everything that happened ??

Nirish guy
December 28th, 2021, 19:52
A quick Bump - just in case you missed my original post Moses .......

Moses
January 17th, 2022, 14:56
Sorry, just found this thread.

Jm is back to Boracay. Now he is working as a masseur for local tourists since there is no inbound tourism on PH yet. We are in contact.

They finished to build up home at past February. Construction went very slow because they did all by own hands + free help from ppl of their village. Home of his family is very primitive: just 2 rooms, 16 sq. m each, it has no internal finishing on walls, but at least they have roof and walls (floor also, of course). WC is outside. 1 bedroom and 1 is hall+kitchen.

Yes, past hurricane was also at the end of December.

Nirish guy
January 17th, 2022, 23:55
Thanks for the update, glad they're making some progress at least. He's a lovely looking guy, I'm sure he's a very popular massage guy choice ! :)

Moses
February 1st, 2022, 17:48
Starting from today, Philippines again allows inbound tourism without quarantine for vaccinated tourists.

Jm is waiting for you on Boracay :) https://siamroads.com/jay-em-guide-boracay/