PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya open air bars opening Dec 16th

DoubleDutch
December 15th, 2021, 15:56
Yesterday I heard about it several times, but thought it was silly rumor. One of the guys who was convinced last night, the shaved head Thai guy who works next to Panorama and likes to shake hands, said same thing.

Today walking from Beach Rd to soi Bukhao, I see many open air bars cleaning furniture, staff already having whiskey bottles and drinks on tables at 3 PM, those bars were shut and blacked out yesterday.

Serena in Boyztown doors open, staff working on cleaning. It seems this is really happening, will snap some pics later.

Here is thread at ThaiVisa, from a bar owner:

Announcing good news.
✌️������������ We have succeeded.
������ Beer bar, restaurant that is open-air can be opened for sale. but must be in frame as follows
open for sale But not later than 11:00 PM, after 11:00 PM must refrain from selling and try to clear customers out of the shop not later than midnight.
✅ Must be open for sale at the time specified by the law. to sell alcohol in 2 periods:
������ 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
������ 17:00 to 23:00
������ Do not allow children to sit and drink (that is, the staff sits and dresses a little have to sit on opposite sides of the customer not clear customer If there is anything, let's meet and talk outside.) We have to keep the rules.
������ Must not have a snooker table (use a cloth to cover it completely and set things up such as plant pots or vases, must not be opened and used for customers to play with)
������������✅ If any shop can follow this, you can open it.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1243113-bars-opening-in-pattaya/?do=getFirstComment

DoubleDutch
December 15th, 2021, 16:35
alked back to Boyztown just now, staff is sitting outside Boyz Boyz, spoke to manager, he says they start cleaning now, all Boyztown is allowed to open this Friday

Trouble is, where are customers are going to come from. Pattaya is very very quiet, Beach Rd is nearly abandoned, not even traffic. Sou Bukhao is packed day and night, but especially at night, Tree Town complex is overcrowded, music is low volume, but place is crowded. Even if these people who now drink at soi Bukhao, start wondering to newly re opened bars, there is nearly enough customers to make a dent.
Good news, Jomtien Complex bars should qualify to open on Dec 16th as well.

DoubleDutch
December 15th, 2021, 17:37
Quick walk through Jomtien Complex 30 min ago, 6PM. Low resolution unfortunately.

Someone yelled out "Ten baht", I think it was Dodo, it came from Dodo's bar for sure, so I put the camera phone down in shame.

Massage places were all open, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZTAjfhJ30

Dodger
December 15th, 2021, 17:55
Quick walk through Jomtien Complex 30 min ago,

Great reporting.

Great video.

Great feeling - finally seeing the lights shining again.

Now...let's see some shining lights in Boyztown and Soi Sunee.

Oliver2
December 15th, 2021, 20:46
Yes, the lights were on. It didn't use to be busy in the early evenings when I was last there two years ago.The guys will bring the falangs and the falangs will bring the guys. I bet it was much busier two hours later.