PDA

View Full Version : hanging up my leopard skin pill box hat

August 19th, 2006, 01:48
for a while.

I must dash to another land to take care of an ill relative..in my role as Nurse Nancy. I shall be still scouring this board for style violations and if I have time, impart my brand of wisdom that I know you have come to love..ney rely upon.

I leave you in the capable hands of boygeorge and the Swamp Cat..and I ask you to please be nice to Monty who is ever such a lovely man.

I urge to take LMTU's words wisely..he knows what he is talking about..and try the Bloody Mary's at Niddys Nook..indeed..put it my tab.

Hopefully, I will be able to drag back the gorgerous Dame Sanitree Na Parkin..she's been in exile long enough. Maybe I'll find out where Edith is hiding..but bugger The Colonel.

God only knows when though...my elders have an enormous capacity to cling on to the very last..not that I would wish otherwise..I just hope they still capable of making a scrawl on very short Will I have prepared. (never fear..I had a wonderful teacher..a darling old chap called Dr Shipman in the UK)

au revoir !

bing
August 19th, 2006, 03:42
My Dear, Remember the words from the classis missionary film 'Keys To The Kingdom"
in regards to your nursing skills. "Cure what you can, Kill what you can't." And also remember Mary Poppins did not say, ' A little Gin helps the medecine go down.'

wowpow
August 19th, 2006, 06:41
Quite an exodus these days.

You will be missed - mainly because my aim is so bad.

August 19th, 2006, 07:59
you must get a bigger gun.

Don't relax just yet..I will still haunt this board.

wowpow
August 19th, 2006, 08:36
Off to Wales perhaps? http://www.thepearloftheorient.com

Pearl - are you highly strung?

There are complaints of no humour on this board!

"A gentleman asked a waiter to take a bottle of fine quality wine over to an attractive woman - actually our Pearl! at Le Normandie Restaurant ( her full name is Cultured Pearl of the Mandarin Oriental ) The waiter took the wine to the woman and said, "This is from the gentleman seated over there ," indicating the sender.

Pearl regarded the wine coolly for a second, not looking at the man, and decided to send a reply note to the man. The waiter, who was lingering for a response, took the note from her and conveyed it to the gentleman. The note read:

"For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a Mercedes in your garage, a million dollars in the bank, and 7 inches in your pants."

After reading the note, the man decided to compose one of his own in return. He folded the note, handed it to the waiter and instructed him to return this to Pearl. It read:

"For your information, I have a Ferrari Maranello, a BMW Z8, a Mercedes CL600 and a Porsche Turbo in my garage. There is over twenty million dollars in my bank account. But, not even for a woman as beautiful as you would I cut three inches off. Just send the bottle back."

Aunty
August 20th, 2006, 12:58
Well good luck girl! I hope the coming journey will be peaceful for both you and your relative.

Oh and I shall keep my eye our for you in the society pages. In that quaint little section:- Naughty Scandals and Disorderly Arrests.

August 20th, 2006, 14:23
Pearl, so nice of you to say good-bye to this forum. I dislike it so much when people suddenly disappear. I look so forward to Dame Sanitree na Parkin's appearance. Soon I hope.
I also hope you find Edith, I hope she is well, her disappearance has worried me. Especially with the recent arrest of John Mark Karr, who knows if he didn't lead her astray down some back-alley in Bangkok, in a deranged attempt to satisfy his ever growing hunger. Just shows, stay clear of the Botox.

And homintern, I can't imagine what Karr did with that, but Homies disappearance mysteriously coincided with Karrs apprehension, and I believe they were both in Malaysia at the time. Spooky isn't it? Even Northstar might be missing in action. They are falling like flies.

Anyway I suppose no news is good news, so I am a little more at ease, at least with Edith's abrupt disappearance, strange days these.

Cedric

catawampuscat
August 20th, 2006, 15:13
Sometimes when several posters disappear for a while and then reappear, it makes me think that maybe they are all the same person with
different handles..So many have come and gone and some return but maybe Eve has more faces than we know..

UncleSam
August 20th, 2006, 17:35
".....it makes me think that maybe they are all the same person with
different handles..."

They don't call this the land of a thousand smiles for nothing.

hehehehe......

Brad the Impala
August 20th, 2006, 18:53
If you must end all your posts hehehe, there is an easier way to do it by editing your profile to incoroprate it. But it would be nice to not have it rammed home when you think that you are being amusing. More is less and all that.

August 21st, 2006, 00:23
no..but many would like to see me. :geek:

No Cardiff is certainly nor my home although I do see they have nicked my moniker for the name of a Chinese restaurant..at least they have some style.

No the exotic land I intend to depart to is...New Zelund !!!..not my home but that of an ill brother. I'm actually rather excited,, having never been there before I have encountered the most gorgeous boys from NZ in various parts of the world. I imagine there are thousands of young beauties awaiting for me and quite a few hunky Maoris.

As they have just lost their adored Maori Queen, there could be an opening for me as well.

Aunty
August 21st, 2006, 16:35
Why Pearl, you're coming to New Zealand! Good heavens. I'll let the Polynesians know so they can liquor opps I mean oil themselves up for you in readiness for a bit of the famous easy sex of the South Seas! (By the way my dear if you've been associating with New Zealanders who say New Zelund - I would keep that a bit quiet if I were you. Let's just say those folk are more from the Wolverhampton rather than the Henley side of the tracks if you get my drift! Imagine if the King of Thailand sounded like a cabbie from the East end every time he opened his gob because of who he had been mixing with, I mean what would people think!!)

What part of New Zealand you are coming to? Pack lots of winter woollies with you, (suitable for a British winter, or buy them here). It's been cold this winter and another spell of winter weather (snow) is due to hit the far south of the country today, (Southland, Otago and Canterbury) and then move north. In the North Island it will be cool (around 10-16C) dropping to (0-7C) at night. Coming from the tropics to the winter here I'm sure it will seem very cold to you.

I live in Auckland and I would be delighted to meet up for a coffee, or dinner if you are here and have the time. Send me a private message if you do and we can set something up. Let's do the French Cafe!

August 21st, 2006, 18:08
Hope this news doesn`t reach Elton - he might ask for his penthouse deposit back!

August 21st, 2006, 19:07
to the contrary..he will probably snap up even more apartments.

August 21st, 2006, 20:37
Pearl how many farewell tours are you intending doing? Or is this just a ploy to gauge your popularity?