PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya bar owner survives horrendous car crash photos

wowpow
August 18th, 2006, 22:36
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/12082006104.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/12082006102.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/12082006106.jpg

Dave Ellis proprietor of Butterfly Bar and recently joint proprietor of Top Man had an almost miraculous escape and writes to friends

"I had a very bad car crash last Saturday at 5 am when my car left the road and went into some trees in the middle of the carrageway. I was knocked out but came round and climed out of the drivers window, the door would not open. I was OK, no signs of body damage, just torn muscles etc. However I am getting flashbacks and a rolling sensation. The car went over and rolled while I was out cold. I am extremely lucky to be here today.

I have had a brain scan etc and they found nothing wrong from the accident but I have a small damaged vein from a very small 'stroke type thing'. Could have happened long ago and I would never have known if this had not happened. The hospital say that the rollings sensations will stop after about a week, so I look forward to that. I have attached some pic's for you to see the car damage.

Don't worry, I am going to be OK. Bye to you all

Dave Ellis

bao-bao
August 18th, 2006, 22:45
I'm guessing he meant the rear window, since he said the driver's door wouldn't open - and in the photo the driver's window is rolled up. Still, lucky to have come out of it so well with that much damage to the vehicle. Hope nobody else was injured.

bing
August 18th, 2006, 23:07
Wow, Nice to see there are some John Wayne type guys left in the world. Any crash you can walk away from is a good one. If you see that car again kick and say something like was uttered by the Duke, in his Rooster Cogburn guise, "Old Bo, never had cause to fault you before." Then he put a bullet in his horse. Glad you could walk away from what looks like a total wreck.

allieb
August 18th, 2006, 23:32
[quote="bao-bao"]I'm guessing he meant the rear window, since he said the driver's door wouldn't open - and in the photo the driver's window is rolled up.

Drivers window isn't rolled up, have you forgotten in Thailand they drive on the opposite side of the road to USA. Glad to see that driver was OK. Did he fall asleep at the wheel or what. It looks like a nasty crash.

bao-bao
August 18th, 2006, 23:46
I've been away from LOS for far too long... of course they drive from the other side of the car there. My apologies on the error!
[/i]

August 19th, 2006, 09:22
DELETED

bao-bao
August 19th, 2006, 11:30
I didn't say "or what" - that was just an error in the quote process. My wording is a couple of posts above this one.

I have no idea what or who caused the accident.

August 19th, 2006, 11:47
Or what? is perfectly clear idiomatic English. In this case it means 'or what else caused him to leave the road and crash'. (e.g. being blinded by an oncoming car's headlights, being blind drunk, swerving to avoid a dog or obstacle on the road, hitting an obstacle on the road, vehicular malfunction etc etc)

Don't know how Mr JB survived as an English policeman if he can't work out simple expressions like this. 'Or what' is used after almost every sentence by the English criminal classes.