Did anyone hear anything about this?

I'm going to take a look there now.

vnman
November 19th, 2021, 19:07
Well let me answer:

I’ll take some more pics later

Gaybutton
November 19th, 2021, 21:22
I have no idea what is going on with that. The entertainment venues are still ordered closed. If DJ Station is open, I hope they found a way to open legally.
__________________________________________________ _______

Govt explains delay in reopening entertainment venues

19 November, 2021

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has given two reasons for delaying the reopening of entertainment places, and said operators must improve disease control standards.

Apisamai Srirangson, a spokeswoman for the CCSA, admitted on Friday that when the government postponed their reopening from December to Jan 16 the operators of entertainment venues were bitterly disappointed.

One reason for the delay was that the country had not been able to bring the number of new daily Covid-19 cases to below 5,000 and fatalities continued at about 50 a day, she said.

The other reason was the Public Health Ministry and local organisations said the operators of entertainment venues had not registered compliance with the Covid-19 control standard, known as Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration Plus (SHA+), Dr Apisamai said.

The standard was mandatory for reopening, she said.

"Please improve your premises ... Whether reopening will happen or not does not depend on the decision of CCSA, but on the readiness of the premises themselves," Dr Apisamai said.

Covid-19 vaccination of staff of entertainment venues was among the criteria of the SHA+ standard. Details of the standard were available from the Department of Health, she said.

Premises that met the standard would get an SHA+ sign from the Tourism Authority of Thailand. Visitors would look for such signs at entertainment venues, Dr Apisamai said.

Under the CCSA's plan, from Nov 16 to Jan 15 the Interior and Public Health ministries would enforce disease control and ventilation regulations and officials would evaluate the reopening readiness of entertainment places.

From Jan 16 onwards, entertainment places would reopen only in high surveillance, surveillance and tourism pilot zones. Places that cause Covid-19 outbreaks would be closed.

Entertainment venues have been ordered closed since early April after some of them were found to be the centre of Covid-19 outbreaks.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2218367/govt-explains-delay-in-reopening-entertainment-venues

Jellybean
November 19th, 2021, 21:26

Well, well, well who would have guessed it? This song was made for you vnman . . .

Hey Thai boy!
Your eyes are full of hesitation
Sure makes me wonder
If you know what you're looking for

Baby
I wanna keep my reputation
I'm a sensation
You try me once, you'll beg for more

Oh, yes sir, I can boogie
But a I need a certain song
I can boogie, boogie-boogie
All night long

And yes sir, I can boogie
If you stay, you can't go wrong
All night long . . .

Nirish guy
November 19th, 2021, 23:30
I have no idea what is going on with that.........

The same as our conversation over on GayGuides...and the same that's happening all over the world. Governments decree "you must be a resturant to open" so if you own a bar all of a sudden you create a menu which for example has four choices on it - those being 1) A Burger 2) Chips 3) A burger and Chips 4) Chips and a burger....( you're getting the idea here I presume) and you get on with it and should the police call a) you're running a restaurant ( albeit with a shit menu) and or you give them some money to bugger off again.

It really isn't that hard to work out and it backs up my view that not everything in life is as black and white as you seem to see it sometimes or feel it should or must be.

I'm guessing it's maybe the differnce between Americans who seem to like things being black and white so they know where they stand verus the Irish who it seems much prefer to "work the angles" to see where life takes them - which is why SOME of us will be in bars at 4am whereas others will be complaining about the bars all being closed at 9pm and it not being worth even going out! :-)

Gaybutton
November 20th, 2021, 01:34
It really isn't that hard to work out and it backs up my view that not everything in life is as black and white as you seem to see it sometimes or feel it should or must be)
Like I said, I think it is idiotic to go to a foreign country and start intentionally breaking the laws. I obey the rules, not try to circumvent them. I haven't seen the inside of a Thai jail yet and I plan to keep it that way.

I can certainly understand why they bars would be trying to figure out ways they can open, but posting a menu showing a few sandwiches - that seems awfully risky - too risky for me, especially if they are not licensed to sell food. Maybe they'll be able to get away with it, but I don't want to be anywhere near there if they find out the hard way that they can't.

If your idea of a good time is to be in a bar at 4:00am if the law says they are to close by 9:00pm, enjoy it.

Besides, at my age I don't want to be anywhere at 4:00am other than at home sound asleep . . .

goji
November 20th, 2021, 02:00
Like I said, I think it is idiotic to go to a foreign country and start intentionally breaking the laws. I obey the rules, not try to circumvent them.

No doubt all the members and board owners are law abiding citizens here and wouldn't dream of ever breaking Thai laws, for instance by hiring a prostitute ? Or riding a motorcycle taxi without a helmet etc.

My hypothesis is that in general, Thai police try to maximize tea money by setting the price at the highest level which does not stop re-offending. Which is what Northern Irish is perhaps alluding to.

However, according to a newspaper report you posted, the farang recently caught in Pattaya were detained overnight and the fines were quite steep. Like over 15,000 baht if I remember correctly.
This doesn't seem to be following the normal principles, unless of course it's setting a suitable deterrent to ease future collection of tea money ? Or have Pattaya Police hired a different economist ?

Either way, the board is (mostly) populated by adults who can make their own decisions, preferably after understanding the potential consequences. The fine might be more than expected.

Brad the Impala
November 20th, 2021, 02:06
There was a homeware shop not far from me in London that suddenly starting selling baguettes as well when only food shops were allowed to be open during a UK lockdown. Now that the lockdown has gone so have the baguettes.

Rules everywhere are made to be circumvented by those with imagination. Not saying it’s right but an entrepreneurial spirit will usually find a way.

Gaybutton
November 20th, 2021, 02:21
Rules everywhere are made to be circumvented by those with imagination.

If a lot of other bars and entertainment venues pick up on DJ Station's idea and start doing the same thing, for some strange reason I don't see Thailand's powers-that-be letting them get away with it very long.

Also, it's kind of hard to circumvent a 9:00pm mandatory closing time.

The solution is so simple - let the bars and entertainment venues reopen normally without imposing all these silly rules. If another outbreak occurs and can be attributed to that, then close them. Thailand is not usually proactive, but if they're going to be proactive, at least do it in a way that makes some sense.

for instance by hiring a prostitute

I knew somebody would try that one.

vnman
November 20th, 2021, 02:21

Well, well, well who would have guessed it? This song was made for you vnman . . .

Hey Thai boy!
Your eyes are full of hesitation
Sure makes me wonder
If you know what you're looking for

Baby
I wanna keep my reputation
I'm a sensation
You try me once, you'll beg for more

Oh, yes sir, I can boogie
But a I need a certain song
All night long

And yes sir, I can boogie
If you stay, you can't go wrong
All night long . . .

hahaha, As a young boy of 8 to 9 I san that song at the wedding of my uncle. I was as embarrassing as it sounds.

vnman
November 20th, 2021, 02:24
No doubt all the members and board owners are law abiding citizens here and wouldn't dream of ever breaking Thai laws, for instance by hiring a prostitute ?

Ow snap! Thank you Goji.

I don't wanna be rude but I don't understand Gaybutton, he must never have offed or paid a boy for sex in Thailand.

vnman
November 20th, 2021, 02:28
I took some extra pictures and I will share them tomorrow. It was busy in Soi 2 but I'll tell you more about that too.

Mancs
November 20th, 2021, 05:37
Anyone know what the menu on the blackboard says?

Gaybutton
November 20th, 2021, 06:31
I don't wanna be rude but I don't understand Gaybutton

I don't understand him either.

The first thing he should include on his "I Don't Get It" list is himself (let's see if anyone disagrees with that) . . .

Dodger
November 20th, 2021, 08:02
The solution is so simple - let the bars and entertainment venues reopen normally without imposing all these silly rules.

That's exactly what they'd do back in Kansas, but like I've told you before, this isn't Kansas.

If no silly rules were applied - there would be no grounds for eliciting "tea money". Haven't you figured that out yet?

I hate sounding so crass about this, but for Christs sake, how many times do people have to keep teling you this before you finally catch on???

Entertainment venues are broke and will do whatever they can to survive. If flipping a few burgers can be leveraged to opening an entertainment venue, then so be it. They're probably already paying the local BIB for the privilege...perfectly legal or not.

Gaybutton
November 20th, 2021, 08:24
I hate sounding so crass about this, but for Christs sake, how many times do people have to keep teling you this before you finally catch on???

six

Patanawet
November 20th, 2021, 11:52
Nothing to do with serving food (I remember The Cabal Club in London decades ago gave a spoonful of potato salad and a lettuce leaf to get around the law) but here, the 'bars' open have to have restaurant licences to open at the moment..
They are not obliged to serve food with drinks.
If no restaurant licence along with their alcohol, cigarette licences -- they are closed.

Presumably, D.J. has obtained a restaurant licence.

This morning, news that some committees reporting to CCSA are pushing for earlier re-opening than mid- January.

Patanawet
November 20th, 2021, 13:04
I forgot to mention above that they also need SHA certification AND this all only applies to Bangkok at the moment.

Dodger
November 20th, 2021, 13:28
Presumably, D.J. has obtained a restaurant licence.

I could be wrong, but I think DJ uses the formal name DJ Station Pub & Restaurant. I haven't been there in years, but I couldn't imagine having enough room to eat anything there...except possibly one of the waiters.

vnman
November 20th, 2021, 15:30
First, a question, can you post profile pics here from Grinder? I mean, I sometimes want to mention a boy, and it would be easier if I could post his picture. Obviously, I didn't ask for his consent.

Friday was clearly a different day compared to the last few. There were a lot more boys out and about and the ratio of foreigners to Thai was also less Thai heavy. Still, only a few foreigners compared to before COVID.

I went to Soi 2 very early and uploaded the first picture in the thread in real-time. As you can see in the pictures below, there was already something happening, but DJ was pretty empty.

I had a lonely drink in one of the bars in a sad-looking cup :-)

They had live music at Balcony, so I decided to go there and come back to DJ later. Balcony was busy enough and people seem to enjoy the music. Honestly, I didn't think it was bad either. One of the staff members is also very cute which means I had some eye candy most of the evening.

At around +/- 22:00 I went back to Soi 2 and ordered a drink at DJ Station. Upstairs was closed. The dance floor was blocked with tables and chairs and people were just dancing where they were standing. But that answers Dodger's question of where one can eat. The waiters are probably not on the menu for, in dining, takeaway may be an option.

I met this foreigner who was Dutch too. He told me a very interesting story. It seems that he was in Pattaya last week and went out drinking every night and that there were boys too. So go figure, I wasn't even looking for this information and still found it. But I know, this kind of criminal activity is not for everybody so let's gloss over that.

As you can see in the pictures It was busy in most of the bars in Soi 2. I've seen so many cuties out there. If that's your thing, Bangkok might really not be so bad.

I hadn't been in DJ for years so this toilet was a shocker.

At 23:00 the lights went on in DJ and people didn't hang around. First a picture of the iconic Burgerking next to Soi 2. How often have I not found a last-minute fling when leaving.

Many went to Soi 4. Me too! Had a few drinks and met some people. We went to the after-hours place I went to before but this time there was no table available. I hung around the bar with one other farang, we must have been the only ones.

My bottle was still there but I couldn't even manage one drink and was ready to call it a night. Coincidently, a boy I had contact with through the apps for at last 3 days, contacted me and asked if he could come to see me. I told him "OK" and I waited outside for him. Another case of "WHY ARE YOU USING PHOTOSHOP" this guy had such smooth skin and all that his photoshopping did was make me hesitant to meet him.

Needless to say, I was happy. The boy is from Cambodia but he looks Vietnamese to me. His skin was very light. I'm not going to share any (traceable) info about him so I can tell you that he had the smallest penis I have ever seen. This includes the time that I was in a sauna in Amsterdam and fooled around with an Italian trans boy. And that was in the late 90's. Anyway, this top didn't care. Tonight we are going to have dinner together.

I went for a COVID test this afternoon. I need a Rapid Antigen Test. That should be 1100 baht at the Japanese building of Samitivej hospital. Of course, after sticking that qtip down my throat and nose, I came to the cashier and she wanted to charge me 4000 baht. After objecting, they admitted they had made a mistake and said that we had to do the test over again. REALLY? My protest was in vain so I surrendered to another probing.

For those of you who missed Bangkok traffic, I can tell you that it's back. it took a long time to get back to Silom. Finally in my hotel and I check my email..." sir, this is the hospital, we found your wallet." Well, KMN! I remember now that I put it on the desk of the reception and I must have just left it there. Luckily they found it.

That was it for me from Bangkok, I hope (it is because my COVID test just came back negative). Home for a few weeks and then a very long trip to Colombia and Mexico. I am posting about my Latin trip on another board under a different name. I'll link to it here or somehow copy it. The problem is that posting the pics is a lot of work.

Brad the Impala
November 20th, 2021, 16:18
Great report and photos vnman. Thanks and safe travels!

Gaybutton
November 20th, 2021, 16:34
this kind of criminal activity is not for everybody so let's gloss over that.
For me, consider it glossed. I think most reading this topic know what I would say, so I won't say it . . .

Jellybean
November 20th, 2021, 16:48
First, a question, can you post profile pics here from Grinder? I mean, I sometimes want to mention a boy, and it would be easier if I could post his picture. Obviously, I didn't ask for his consent.

vnman, screenshots from dating sites may be posted on the members only forum - Gay dating applications - discuss and share your experience here forum. See link below:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forumdisplay.php?11-Gay-online-dating-share-and-discuss-your-experience-here

Dodger
November 20th, 2021, 17:06
vnman...

The pics and details you shared are just terrific.

I think we should dub you the "Geraldo Rivera" of Gay Thailand.

I think it's fair to say that you've rekindled a lot of spirits.

Happy Trails.

bkkguy
November 20th, 2021, 18:43
For me, consider it glossed. I think most reading this topic know what I would say, so I won't say it . . .

"But there's always a first time for everything"
- Melissa de la Cruz, 'Blue Bloods'

Gaybutton
November 20th, 2021, 22:26
"But there's always a first time for everything"
- Melissa de la Cruz, 'Blue Bloods'

"Your mouthwash ain't makin' it."
- Clint Eastwood (Harry Callahan), 'The Enforcer'

francois
November 20th, 2021, 22:43
How unfortunate that the great posts/photos by vnman are being interrupted by so many off topic and meaningless posts that contribute nothing to the topic.

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 00:07
How unfortunate that the great posts/photos by vnman are being interrupted by so many off topic and meaningless posts that contribute nothing to the topic.

Ok, back on topic. I agree that the posts/photos themselves are excellent, but if you can get beyond the good looking boys, do you like what you see? I don't.

Where's the social distancing?

https://i.imgur.com/Wl2aTYO.jpg

What about the face masks? What happened to that?

Is it great to just chuck the precautions to the wind? Does anyone really think they're getting away with this because some "tea money" changed hands? Is this sort of rule circumventing going on at other venues too?

Very sorry, but while some may see this as great fun, and if it wasn't for Covid so would I, but under current circumstances I see it as dangerous. And if any Covid cases result from this, you can kiss goodbye the powers-that-be allowing the bars to all reopen any time soon. Think about that while you're telling me all about how fabulous this is.

DoubleDutch
November 21st, 2021, 00:38

Perhaps if Public Health Officer Gaybutton stepped outside, he'd notice that no one gives a fuck any more, pandemic is over, it only exists in media, amplified by social media. Covid19 is epidemic now, and it is quite safe to go outside, even sit without a mask at Balcony at soi 4 and Station at soi 2.

goji
November 21st, 2021, 00:54
1 At some point, Thailand needs to move on and consign all this social distancing nonsense to the past. Once enough people are vaccinated, the death rate from covid will be about on par with flu, as it is elsewhere. The death rate will also be far below some of the other causes of premature death, which Thailand does nothing about. Of course, it could be argued that Thailand needs to vaccinate a few more people first, but the cut off point ought to be within a couple of months.

2 Has DJ somehow got licensed as a restaurant ? I'd imagine anything is possible, with an appropriate application and appropriate fees paid, either over or under the table.
If so, they would be entitled to open.
I presume people are entitled to remove masks in a restaurant, since they need to eat.

Then if they are complying with the law, I don't see the problem. I presume those members who argued against restrictions on restaurants also shouldn't see a problem.
It's full of consenting adults, most of whom correctly realize they are going to get covid several times during their life.

Those who don't accept the risk can stay at home & don't need to impose their choices on others.

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 01:28
no one gives a fuck any more

I see. I didn't know it is quite safe now until you decided it is and people don't give a fuck anymore. If I'm a public health officer, that makes you a modern day Typhoid Mary. Even if you're right, which you are not, that makes it perfectly ok to break the law, refuse to comply with the rules, jeopardize the health of others, and jeopardize other businesses? Are you one of those people who make a scene at airports by refusing to wear a face mask on the plane?

One Covid case arising from what is going on at that venue - just one - and how do you think the prime minister and CCSA will respond?

Their whole point, right or wrong, is to prevent exactly what is going on in those photos. I don't know about Bangkok, but if that was going on in Pattaya the place would have been raided and every one of those people would have been arrested.

So you go right ahead and rationalize all you want. Go ahead. Be that much of an irresponsible person. Go anywhere you want without wearing a mask. Let me know how far you get.

Brad the Impala
November 21st, 2021, 01:33

What about the face masks? What happened to that?

Perhaps this explains why you aren't being invited to any parties!

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 01:37
Perhaps this explains why you aren't being invited to any parties!

You must need to hire a social secretary to deal with all the invitations you get.

arsenal
November 21st, 2021, 03:52
Thank you vnman.. Although Bangkok is not my patch so the photos/reports don't rupture my heart the way Pattaya ones do it's still bern lovely to read. You're right, the photos do take a lot of work what with image resizing and all and you also interspace them with text which also takes s lot of work but presents a better product.

Of course Rolls Royce threads like yours also attract the spluttering belching old Trabbants coughing their acrid fumes everywhere.

StevieWonders
November 21st, 2021, 06:49
Thank you vnman.. Although Bangkok is not my patch so the photos/reports don't rupture my heart the way Pattaya ones do it's still bern lovely to read.They’ve bern lovely to read for me also, even though Bern or Berne is not the Swiss city uppermost in my thoughts at the moment

arsenal
November 21st, 2021, 08:34
tie po po face

s888pb
November 21st, 2021, 08:43
Well said Nirish Guy - gray is better!

vnman
November 21st, 2021, 09:02
1 At some point, Thailand needs to move on and consign all this social distancing nonsense to the past. Once enough people are vaccinated, the death rate from covid will be about on par with flu, as it is elsewhere. The death rate will also be far below some of the other causes of premature death, which Thailand does nothing about. Of course, it could be argued that Thailand needs to vaccinate a few more people first, but the cut off point ought to be within a couple of months.

2 Has DJ somehow got licensed as a restaurant ? I'd imagine anything is possible, with an appropriate application and appropriate fees paid, either over or under the table.
If so, they would be entitled to open.
I presume people are entitled to remove masks in a restaurant, since they need to eat.

Then if they are complying with the law, I don't see the problem. I presume those members who argued against restrictions on restaurants also shouldn't see a problem.
It's full of consenting adults, most of whom correctly realize they are going to get covid several times during their life.

Those who don't accept the risk can stay at home & don't need to impose their choices on others.

Yes, and let's not forget that only vaccinated people were allowed inside the premises.

There comes a time that enough is enough. This was not only good for the owners but so many staff went back to work again and of course, the place needs to be cleaned again. And what about that little food stall you see in one of the pictures? I think that a lot of people's lives just got a little better because Soi 2 opened.

StevieWonders
November 21st, 2021, 09:35
Yes, and let's not forget that only vaccinated people were allowed inside the premises.

There comes a time that enough is enough. This was not only good for the owners but so many staff went back to work again and of course, the place needs to be cleaned again. And what about that little food stall you see in one of the pictures? I think that a lot of people's lives just got a little better because Soi 2 opened.Different people will draw their own conclusions from their experience of the pandemic, lockdowns etc - mine generally has been what a great excuse for avoiding many of Thailand’s expat bores social distancing has been - long may it continue

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 10:37
There comes a time that enough is enough.

Apparently some think that time has come. In some ways I do and some ways I don't. However, the only time that counts is when the powers-that-be who put the restrictions in place feel the same way and remove the restrictions. They are the ones who get to make the decisions. As farang guests in their country, we don't get to have any say-so whatsoever. We may not like the rules and restrictions. We may think enough is enough. We may find much of it absurd. That doesn't matter. What does matter is the rules and restrictions are in place and we are expected to comply and obey them. I, for one, intend to do just that. I don't want to risk the consequences or risk arrest.

If any of you want to break the rules, take the risks, and suffer the consequences if you get caught, that is your own affair.

DoubleDutch
November 21st, 2021, 13:27
As farang guests in their country, we don't get to have any say-so whatsoever.

If any of you want to break the rules, take the risks, and suffer the consequences if you get caught, that is your own affair..

Exactly! Our own affair. Why, then, do you insist on having a say? What business is it of yours if people go and have a drink at Soi 2?

About breaking rules, if you'd step outside, you would discover that Soi 2 and Soi 4 are legally open, serving food and drinks, legally. It bugs you that people are returning to normal life, but you got to get over it.

Dodger
November 21st, 2021, 14:19
......As farang guests in their country, we don't get to have any say-so whatsoever. We may not like the rules and restrictions. We may think enough is enough. We may find much of it absurd. That doesn't matter. What does matter is the rules and restrictions are in place and we are expected to comply and obey them.

One would assume from your position that you abide by ALL LAWS, including Thailand's law against Prostitution which was criminalized in 1960 under the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act 1996 and Article 286 of the Criminal Code.

Do you abide by ALL laws? Or do you allow yourself the privilege of deciding which ones pertain to you, and which ones don't?

If by chance you consider what you're doing to be acceptable (like everyone else) because there's a blind-eye to this in Thailand, wouldn't it be possible that the powers-to-be are turning a blind-eye to certain aspects of this reopening as well? Wouldn't it also be possible that people are willing to take a little health risk when they're out at the bars and clubs, just to be able to feel alive again?

Be open-minded.

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 15:16
What business is it of yours if people go and have a drink at Soi 2?
I couldn't care less what you do. Go ahead. And don't even bother taking a face mask with you. That way, if there is another outbreak and the powers-that-be determine it started at bars paying no attention to the rules and enforcing nothing, they'll just refuse to let them reopen. You think they won't?

I'm sorry to see bars doing this and people so selfish, despite knowing how the authorities respond, that they'll just ignore the rules and jeopardize the bars being given permission to reopen. I want to see the bars, all of them throughout Thailand, able to reopen, operate normally - without circumventing rules to do it - and stay that way - and that is my business - and people like you seem to have no problem at all risking spoiling it for everyone else. Enjoy your drink.

One would assume from your position that you abide by ALL LAWS, including Thailand's law against Prostitution which was criminalized in 1960 under the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act 1996 and Article 286 of the Criminal Code.

I'm surprised you would actually try to use an argument that ridiculous.

"You'll have to do better than that."
- Nicol Williamson (Merlin), 'Excalibur'

goji
November 21st, 2021, 15:26
I'm surprised you would actually try to use an argument that ridiculous.

What is ridiculous about it ?

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 15:57
What is ridiculous about it ?

In the USA the state of Kentucky has a law still on the books that says if you are driving a car, but encounter a person on horseback, then you have to stop the car on the side of the road and dismantle it.

I don't obey that one either.

A law doesn't matter much unless it is enforced. I don't know what the story is in Bangkok, but I do know if the same thing was going on in Pattaya, as soon as the police find out they would be right there shutting it down and arresting everyone.

If this or any other venue in Bangkok is currently operating within the law and within the rules and so are the customers, then I have no argument about it. If they are not, then they are jeopardizing all the rest of Thailand's bars and entertainment venues being given the green light to reopen and jeopardizing everyone, including you.

The arguments I'm seeing on this topic are not saying they are operating within the rules. The only arguments I'm seeing are people advocating just going ahead and breaking the rules. Maybe you think that's good. I do not.

goji
November 21st, 2021, 16:12
As you reserve the right to decide which laws to break yourself, it's only fair that others should decide for themselves which laws they break. Assuming non-consenting third parties are not harmed.
Some of the covid rules are about as ridiculous as the Kentucky example.

If this or any other venue in Bangkok is currently operating within the law and within the rules and so are the customers, then I have no argument about it. Are they?

Since you're the one judging them guilty, the onus is on you to check that first.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, applying the "innocent until proven guilty principle. So until proven otherwise, please consider the possibility that they might have obtained a restaurant license. Which would allow them to open legally.
I also presume mask wearing is not mandatory in restaurants, for obvious reasons. So that wouldn't be a problem either.

Also, I gather they check for proof of vaccination.

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 16:19
As you reserve the right to decide which laws to break yourself, it's only fair that others should decide for themselves which laws they break.
I would actually agree with that - as long as they are not harming the chances of all of Thailand's bars being permitted to open in January and as long as they are not potentially causing another Covid outbreak.

You can give them the benefit of the doubt all you want. But you better hope the police do too. The onus is not on me. It's on you as a customer. You're the one who might be arrested if the authorities do decide to stage a raid.

When I see photos of all these people standing right on top of each other, with at least half of them not even bothering to wear the face mask and obviously not there because they want to eat - to me that's not good. Do you think it is good? No problem? Have you ever been to a restaurant in your life operating like that?

Ok everyone. I've said my piece and expressed my opinion. I have nothing more to contribute to this topic. I can see I'm not going to convince any of you and you can see you're not going to convince me. Some of you will be pleased to know I'm done with it.

Dodger
November 21st, 2021, 16:48
Ok everyone. I've said my piece and expressed my opinion. I have nothing more to contribute to this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnPS2bzDd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnPS2bzDd0

dinagam
November 21st, 2021, 17:16
I simply don't get it.

DoubleDutch
November 22nd, 2021, 02:27
I simply don't get it.

Sometimes, when people get older, they are alone and they become lonely. Some people will seek company, they go out, they make friends, they feel good, they are able to make friends because they are friendly and nice. Then, there are people who become very bitter, instead of making an effort and try to be happy, they shut in and isolate themselves even more, they start disliking people who have a life, who are happy. They really dislike people who do go outside, happy people, especially outside, are a constant reminder that there is life out there.

There is a song, 'I'm Only Happy When It Rains', it is about this type of person, girl in the song is miserable and she wishes her own miserable existence on everyone else, hoping that if everyone is miserable, she will somehow feel better, she can take comfort knowing that things are fucked for everybody.

I'm only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
Why it feels so good to feel so sad?

Pour your misery down
Pour your misery down on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBFOJ3R0M4

Patanawet
November 22nd, 2021, 11:21