PDA

View Full Version : Who is Actually Coming to Pattaya?

Manforallseasons
November 19th, 2021, 07:45
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/18/chonburi-tourism-council-president-says-pattaya-very-quiet-for-foreign-tourism-since-thailand-reopened-blames-bar-and-nightlife-closures-and-complex-entry-rules/

Thanet Suparashasrangsi, acting president of Chonburi’s tourism council, told local media during an interview yesterday, November 17th, that the majority of tourists visiting Pattaya city recently are mostly Thais, accountable for 95 percent, while only 5 percent are foreigners.

Currently, the number of foreign tourists traveling into Thailand is about 1,000-2,000 people per day, Thanet stated, using data from the Thailand Tourism Authority. Of that, tourists entering Pattaya amount to around 200-300 people per day, averaging only 10 percent of total visitors to Thailand or about 6,000-7,000 people per month, unlike the pre-covid period where foreign travelers were recorded in November – March with an average of 1 million people per month. According to Thanet, as expanded below, many of the 200-300 who do come to Pattaya are not tourists but ex-pats, businesspeople, or leave immediately due to lack of entertainment and nightlife.

Dodger
November 19th, 2021, 07:54
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/18/chonburi-tourism-council-president-says-pattaya-very-quiet-for-foreign-tourism-since-thailand-reopened-blames-bar-and-nightlife-closures-and-complex-entry-rules/

If their numbers are right...(cough, choke, gag), it appears that 95% of the tourists coming to Pattaya so far are Thais, and the remaining 5% are expats returning home. This would make sense seeing as the bars are still closed.

Watch what happens to these numbers if/when the bars are allowed to reopen. No massive stampede, that's for sure, but I bet the farang tourists start to outnumber the Thai nationals coming to Pattaya in short order.

It's all about the BARS!

Manforallseasons
November 19th, 2021, 08:31
It's all about the BARS!

Of course, unless they are coming to see the famous Pattaya Crocodile Farm.

gerefan2
November 19th, 2021, 13:28
Anyone could have predicted this the minute they announced bars would remain closed.
It isn’t rocket science...even for Thailand.

poshglasgow
November 19th, 2021, 21:58
Of course, unless they are coming to see the famous Pattaya Crocodile Farm.

"Taxi! To the crocodile farm please and make it snappy!"

dinagam
November 26th, 2021, 19:35
From a Facebook live update of the festival in Pattaya this afternoon and just a few minutes ago...
I'm missing Pattaya already.
According to the commentary the beach was packed with people.

gerefan2
November 26th, 2021, 21:53
According to the commentary the beach was packed with people.

Haha...I look forward to their pictures which actually support that statement!

francois
November 26th, 2021, 21:59
Haha...I look forward to their pictures which actually support that statement!

I just received photos of the beach from a Laos friend in Pattaya and it was packed with people. I didn't notice many wearing masks.

Manforallseasons
November 26th, 2021, 22:00
The Government is giving it’s Citizens huge discounts at hotels etc. for domestic travel however, no such discounts are offered to non Thais.

gerefan2
November 26th, 2021, 22:19
I just received photos of the beach from a Laos friend in Pattaya and it was packed with people. I didn't notice many wearing masks.

Think i have just received the same! Yes was packed in his pix!

Manforallseasons
November 26th, 2021, 23:11
The only thing that will come from events like this is a prolonged closure of bars etc. The planners of the event did nothing to require masks or social distancing so when these Thais leave Pattaya the only ones that will pay a price are foreigners that wish to come to the night venues that Pattaya is known for.

Brad the Impala
November 27th, 2021, 00:45
when these Thais leave Pattaya the only ones that will pay a price are foreigners that wish to come to the night venues that Pattaya is known for.

Possibly also paying a price are those people who have been encouraged to gather without precautions, and their family, friends and contacts.

sglad
November 30th, 2021, 20:49
"Taxi! To the crocodile farm please and make it snappy!"

..."I need a new handbag!"

colmx
December 3rd, 2021, 23:02
In good news today this has been reported by Bryan Flowers who owns the Nightwish group of girly bars as well as Pattaya addicts and the Pattaya news website:

Chonburi the Blue Zone:
Banglamung, Pattaya, Si Racha, Koh Sichang, for Sattahip only in Najomtien and Bang Saray sub-district.

Only restaurants in blue zone and with SHA Plus are allowed alcohol sale and drink inside from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. and from 5:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. These restaurants must show certificates.

Nightclubs, pubs, bars remain close.

Effective now

colmx
December 3rd, 2021, 23:03
I believe that the definition of what a restaurant is may also be relaxed on the ground

Manforallseasons
December 3rd, 2021, 23:22
in good news today this has been reported by bryan flowers who owns the nightwish group of girly bars as well as pattaya addicts and the pattaya news website:

Chonburi the blue zone:
Banglamung, pattaya, si racha, koh sichang, for sattahip only in najomtien and bang saray sub-district.

Only restaurants in blue zone and with sha plus are allowed alcohol sale and drink inside from 11:00 a.m. To 2:00 p.m. And from 5:00 p.m. To 11:00 p.m. These restaurants must show certificates.

Nightclubs, pubs, bars remain close.

Effective now

Fake News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colmx
December 4th, 2021, 01:12

Let's see. He owns 28 bars so might be a little bit more clued in than you are!

gerefan2
December 4th, 2021, 06:20
Are you saying that the well known, reliable, truthful, honest, local rag is wrong?

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-restaurants-allowed-to-sell-alcohol-effective-immediately-381568

Dodger
December 4th, 2021, 08:03
I believe that the definition of what a restaurant is may also be relaxed on the ground

Absolutely.

You see more and more bars hanging out small signs now offering light sandwiches, basic Thai meals, pasta, etc. just for this very reason and it seems to be working. Jomtien Complex is a good example of this, as well as the beach bars in Bang Saray which started offering light meals and/or snacks as well just to be able to reopen.

Any port in a storm as they say.

Pattayanews os also carrying the "Chonburi Blue Zone" story:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/03/pattaya-and-other-chonburi-blue-zones-officially-allowed-to-sell-alcohol-in-restaurants/

goji
December 4th, 2021, 08:34

Sorry to disappoint you with some good news, but here is the announcement.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4814651428598640&id=483540001709826&m_entstream_source=timeline&anchor_composer=false

gerefan2
December 4th, 2021, 09:20

MFAS,this so reminded me of you!

Manforallseasons
December 4th, 2021, 09:55
Sorry to disappoint you with some good news, but here is the announcement.https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4814651428598640&id=483540001709826&m_entstream_source=timeline&anchor_composer=false

Not disappointed….wine with lunch today…hurrah!!!

StevieWonders
December 4th, 2021, 10:03
Not disappointed….wine with lunch today…hurrah!!!You can get whine 24/7 from some posters here

Dodger
December 5th, 2021, 07:43
3 more districts allowed to serve booze.

Hua Hin is among them...cheers to Smiles!

https://pattayaone.news/pattaya-is-now-joined-by-three-more-drinking-districts/