PDA

View Full Version : Trekking in Thailand post-Covid

snotface
November 8th, 2021, 12:46
I found this video very interesting. It lasts about 30 minutes and is a bit of a cautionary tale about what it can be like going on a trekking trip in post-Covid Thailand. I thought the British guy making the trek with a Thai guide handled the difficulties he encountered very well. The moral is: check all the details before you start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0sCikqd9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0sCikqd9E

Oliver2
November 8th, 2021, 13:31
Yes....I recommend this too. What a beautiful part of the world northern Thailand is!

snotface
November 8th, 2021, 13:43
It is very beautiful up north. Give me forested hills over beaches any day.

The subtitles of the video are a bit hit-and-miss ('COVID’ becomes 'covered' for instance). Best of all, at about the 25 minute mark the British guy says he is going back to Pai to 'have a massaman', which is rendered delightfully as to 'have a massive man'.

Moses
November 8th, 2021, 16:32
The subtitles of the video are a bit hit-and-miss ('COVID’ becomes 'covered' for instance). Best of all, at about the 25 minute mark the British guy says he is going back to Pai to 'have a massaman', which is rendered delightfully as to 'have a massive man'.

Subtitles on Youtube are created by speech recognizing AI. If speech will have foreign pronounce, or actor will have problems with clear speaking, then subtitles will be terrible mess.

Dodger
November 8th, 2021, 16:38
Thanks snotface,

Very enjoyable video.

I love the northern mountains, but I was Boy Trekking when I last visited the area, so the scenery was altered a bit.

Thanks for posting this.

dinagam
November 8th, 2021, 17:47
Thanks snotface,

Very enjoyable video.

I love the northern mountains, but I was Boy Trekking when I last visited the area, so the scenery was altered a bit.

Thanks for posting this.

Not a hint of sex in the entire series of his videos and it showed from time to time, that he needed to refer to our members for some friendly advice.