PDA

View Full Version : All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

Manforallseasons
November 6th, 2021, 11:07
https://youtu.be/OIgjwPk_7mk

Dodger
November 6th, 2021, 11:18
EXCELLENT!

I just forwarded this to my daughter who's visiting Thailand in March. It saves me a ton of work trying to explain all of this to her.

Much appreciated.

vnman
November 6th, 2021, 12:36
Seriously, If I would have seen this video before booking, I might not have gone through with it :-) When you listen to him explaining, it sounds very complicated. He explained it very well but it is not that difficult.

Like I stated before, if you find a hotel you like, try to book it directly with them. It seems that that process is much faster. I think that people who have done it this way can confirm. I booked via https://asq.in.th/ and that payment process is not as straightforward. Again, find your hotel on that website and then try to book directly with the hotel.

Oliver2
November 6th, 2021, 15:10
An item from a Youtube report suggests that the only email address that the Pass accepts is g mail. Is this true? Or was it another glitch, now rectified? Sounds odd to me.

Andaman!
November 6th, 2021, 15:20
Can anyone who has received their pass tell me how long it took to be issued? I applied on Monday morning and immediately received an email stating:

“ Thailand Pass system has received your registration. The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.”

It is now Saturday and pass not yet received but seven working days would go up to Wednesday next week.

goji
November 6th, 2021, 15:52
Some get the pass instantly. Others get it after about 5 working days.

Manforallseasons
November 6th, 2021, 16:03
If I didn’t live here there would be no fucking way I’de jump through these hoops I would simply wait till the storm clouds pass. My friend who wants to come this month is now considering waiting a bit longer, which under the circumstances I believe is the smart thing to do.

gerefan2
November 6th, 2021, 16:12
An item from a Youtube report suggests that the only email address that the Pass accepts is g mail. Is this true? Or was it another glitch, now rectified? Sounds odd to me.

I have a yahoo email address and my Thai Pass came through in seconds.

vnman
November 6th, 2021, 16:44
Can anyone who has received their pass tell me how long it took to be issued? I applied on Monday morning and immediately received an email stating:

“ Thailand Pass system has received your registration. The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.”

It is now Saturday and pass not yet received but seven working days would go up to Wednesday next week.

Just like Gerefan, I got both emails after a few seconds, and I used Gmail...if that matters.

But let me ask you, did you also upload the QR code of your vaccine certificate? I ask this because it is optional and it said something about speeding up the process.

goji
November 6th, 2021, 16:51
I included both the vaccine certificates and the NHS QR code.
I have a g-mail address.
No Thai Pass after almost 3 days.

They do advise people to apply at least 7 days in advance.
Obviously I'm not traveling until later in the month, so plenty of time for it to arrive yet.

There are some people who missed flights. Which seems rather unnecessary, since the obvious thing to do for anyone traveling in the first week of November would be to apply for a COE back in October.

vnman
November 6th, 2021, 17:05
I have a g-mail address.
No Thai Pass after almost 3 days.

They do advise people to apply at least 7 days in advance.
Obviously I'm not traveling until later in the month, so plenty of time for it to arrive yet.

There are some people who missed flights. Which seems rather unnecessary, since the obvious thing to do for anyone traveling in the first week of November would be to apply for a COE back in October.

Silly me! I'm trying to find a pattern when it comes to processing times. You know, some simple logic. But it could be a great many of things. For example insurance, the QR code, country of residence or just how the wind is blowing.

I agree that it is weird that people missed their flight under the Thailand pass scheme. Didn't that website go online on the first of November? So yeah, you wouldn't expect any travellers before 7 working days. I thought that was weird anyway. They allow people to enter under those conditions on the first of November but don't give an option to get a certificate before that date.

Dodger
November 6th, 2021, 18:05
If I didn’t live here there would be no fucking way I’de jump through these hoops I would simply wait till the storm clouds pass.

I'm tempted to say the same thing myself - but I'd be lying.

If I had to go 18 months without having a naked brown boy laying next to me in bed - I'd be jumping through so many hoops you'd think I was the hula hoop champion of the western hemisphere.

goji
November 6th, 2021, 18:12
So far, the hoops are pretty easy compared with last year.

1 The Visa was an e-visa, so no posting of passports.

2 My airline provided insurance with the flight ticket

3 I booked my one night quarantine on Agoda. Last year I must have e-mailed about 50 hotels, in order to find one that had fair cancellation terms AND provided suitable food.

4 When I need to book an RT-PCR test in the UK, there are more providers than last year. Although, it is necessary to select one with good customer reviews.

The only backward step is replacing the COE with the Thai Pass. Plenty of time to receive it though.

pong
November 6th, 2021, 18:39
The official response was that these codes are/were sent out in order of booked flites-so the lucky ones to have got them in a sec with a flite just 2-3 weeks later were-well, lucky. I´ve seen on another general forum indeed postings that people got their QR just in time to still make their booked flite.
In general it seems to me that this Th-pass is easier and has a bit less burocratic annoying requirements as that CoE system

Blueskytoday
November 6th, 2021, 20:45
Re: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

I am American..all I have is a government CDC card showing I received 2 vaccinations, type, & date,..I can only assume I take a photo of
this and paste it when applying for the Thailand pass....all confusing for me..

vnman
November 6th, 2021, 21:28
Re: All You Need to Know to Get the New “Thailand Pass”

I am American..all I have is a government CDC card showing I received 2 vaccinations, type, & date,..I can only assume I take a photo of
this and paste it when applying for the Thailand pass....all confusing for me..

Don't you have a code like this? I got one of these for each shot that I received.

Jellybean
November 6th, 2021, 22:38

A quick question for you, goji on the QR code. My Covid-19 vaccination status letter was issued by NHS Scotland (see copy below), and is probably different from yours issued by NHS England. There is a small QR code, but I’m guessing that relates to my address and not my Covid status. I do however have a vaccine status app (vaccine passport?) on my mobile phone which shows the QR code, but a screenshot cannot be taken for security reasons. Any idea how I would upload the QR code on my mobile phone to the application form?

goji
November 6th, 2021, 23:54
Jellybean,
1 My vaccine certificate is almost identical to yours, except it has a bar code at the very top AND the normal NHS logo, not the Scottish one.

2 To get the QR codes, you need the NHS app. Not the malware that we were using to check into venues, but there is a separate App that has health records, appointments and so on. You can get proof of vaccination in there. You can also download a pdf with 2 QR codes in it. Which can easily be converted to jpegs via snipping, screenshots or whatever.

This has not expedited my application.
I used the QR codes and do not have a Thai Pass.
Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately.

I'm still watching out for evidence of the NHS QR code fixing anyone's problem. I've seen comments where it has helped citizens from other countries.

Incidentally, with many QR codes, the QR reader on my phone takes me to a website with some useful information on it. The NHS QR codes just give me a very long string of text and numbers.

gerefan2
November 7th, 2021, 00:04

Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately.

They know who they want to visit them!!!

Jellybean
November 7th, 2021, 01:41
Jellybean,
1 My vaccine certificate is almost identical to yours, except it has a bar code at the very top AND the normal NHS logo, not the Scottish one.

2 To get the QR codes, you need the NHS app. Not the malware that we were using to check into venues, but there is a separate App that has health records, appointments and so on. You can get proof of vaccination in there. You can also download a pdf with 2 QR codes in it. Which can easily be converted to jpegs via snipping, screenshots or whatever.

Gerefan did not use the QR codes and got his immediately . . .

Thanks goji. As far as I am aware we have only two NHS apps in Scotland, the first is the test and trace app, the second is the Covid Status app (see photos shown below). On the latter, after gaining access using a PIN, it shows two options, the first is “Inside Scotland” and shows the QR code. The second option is, “International Travel” and it shows all the information shown in my Covid-19 vaccination status letter, which I posted earlier. As with the QR code, a screenshot cannot be taken due to “security policy” and I cannot see any options which would enable me to download the information.

But I fear we have two different systems operating in the UK, possibly even more, and cannot see a way to get the QR code on to the application form. I’ll just have to cross my fingers and hope that, like gerefan2, by not using the QR code and attaching a copy of my Covid vaccination status letter, I too get my application accepted immediately, i.e. if and when I decide to apply.

Now, what are the chances that the Thai government will realise that their system is unnecessarily complicated and adopt a far simpler system if they want to encourage mass tourism? And, for the avoidance of doubt, let me say, that was a rhetorical question, I don’t expect anyone to reply after they’ve stopped falling about laughing. :D

Test and trace app.

Covid Status app

Great reply gerefan2, it made me laugh out loud. :)

goji
November 7th, 2021, 01:02

My behaviour has always been perfect. Never had my collar felt by the BIB, or needed to hand over any tea money for crimes such as not wearing a motorcycle helmet.

Perhaps that's where I've gone wrong ? :)

Blueskytoday
November 7th, 2021, 05:37

Don't you have a code like this? I got one of these for each shot that I received.

NO..in USA just a card , printed,,,hospital writes, vaccine name, date given and initals of nurse who gave it..
as usual USA not up with other countries..The hospital does give a printed hospital copy, of the injections, hospital name
address, tele number with the patients name/DOB,..Can only hope this works...it must, as Americans are traveling abroad
and this is all they have besides the Covid-PCR test paper...

vnman
November 7th, 2021, 11:29
NO..in USA just a card , printed,,,hospital writes, vaccine name, date given and initals of nurse who gave it..
as usual USA not up with other countries..The hospital does give a printed hospital copy, of the injections, hospital name
address, tele number with the patients name/DOB,..Can only hope this works...it must, as Americans are traveling abroad

We have the same, we get a yellow booklet with stickers of the vaccine batch etc. But this information is also registered with the government. As I understand it, Goji said something about the same system that we have. In Europe, we have 1 system that keeps track of who is vaccinated. We can prove we are vaccinated with the app "Corona Check." In the app it would look like this:

There is also a possibility to get a hard copy of the information. I go to the website of the app and choose the 1st option "proof of vaccination"

It then makes me ID myself and I get a PDF of the vaccine information. The document shows each vaccination with separate QR codes and all my information is also written in plain text.

In the Thaipass system, I can upload the information for each vaccination and I can also upload a QR code for each vaccination.

I found this information for the American system: https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/09/11/digital-proof-of-vaccine-record-usa/?sh=7e24aa715c47

vnman
November 7th, 2021, 17:52

This was posted on another board by GPAPA

Thailand Pass for U.S vaccine card

For the people who are worried about passing vaccination certificate as I did.

When I submitted my vaccination card I was prepared for it to get rejected and planning on having a signed international certificate to re-apply the Thailand Pass.

My application went in for 5 days since Nov 1st with no updates. And today (interestingly enough on a Sunday midnight) I just got approved.

pong
November 8th, 2021, 01:40
As here in EUR more and more places are wanting to see that QR-code and there is also an app for those who check that the code is really OK, for a tourist not from here life is getting more difficult. And what wonder of surprise-indeed it does work, mine was checked in Spain, France (for every long train ride). The usual touristy fora like tripadvsior etc. give advice to USAers wanting to visit EUR and how to transfer their own vaccine data into such a code.
From very recent other posts on other Thai fora I gather that the Thai now even trust this EU-system enough to just accept it.
BTW-the code will also automatically vanish or become invalid if you were not vaccinated but just tested after while.
Meanwhile there also seems to be a small blackmarket for selling (up to several 100 eur are said) false codes-police have already arrested several medical assistents and some of these codes have been made invalid. Whereas the vaccinations are all free.............

francois
November 8th, 2021, 02:06
I found this information for the American system: https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/09/11/digital-proof-of-vaccine-record-usa/?sh=7e24aa715c47

Good information, thanks.

vnman
November 9th, 2021, 12:35
3 I booked my one night quarantine on Agoda. Last year I must have e-mailed about 50 hotels, in order to find one that had fair cancellation terms AND provided suitable food.

When you booked with Agoda, did you get a certificate from the hotel?

goji
November 9th, 2021, 14:40
When you booked with Agoda, did you get a certificate from the hotel?

Agoda provide the normal booking confirmation. The hotel told me to use that, which I did after confirming it specified the quarantine, testing etc.

Oliver2
November 10th, 2021, 14:05
I booked via Agoda yesterday and have the usual confirmation. However, I was also told that the hotel would contact me later and require certain information, much the same as that demanded by the Thai Pass.

I'm not leaving until February....when do you think this information will be required? I didn't realise that I needed to do more than book the hotel.

goji
November 10th, 2021, 16:16
I booked via Agoda yesterday and have the usual confirmation. However, I was also told that the hotel would contact me later and require certain information, much the same as that demanded by the Thai Pass.

I'm not leaving until February....when do you think this information will be required? I didn't realise that I needed to do more than book the hotel.

The hotel is responsible for collecting you from the airport.
So they need your flight details.
My hotel also asked for the vaccine certificate, the insurance and a copy of my passport.

Uranus
November 10th, 2021, 19:16
This is the message from the hotel I booked:

After obtaining a confirmation letter – “SUBMIT LATER”
Please send us the following documents:
Vaccination certificate
Flight details
Negative Covid-19 test result (issued no more than 72 hours prior to flight departure)
A Medical insurance document covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19 with an amount of at least USD 50,000 (for non-Thai nationality)

Still waiting for the confirmation letter (3 days and counting).

Dodger
November 11th, 2021, 10:27
Still waiting for the confirmation letter (3 days and counting).

Suggestion:

Send them a message saying you need the confirmation within the next 24 hours or you'll be forced to cancel the reservation.

Oliver2
November 11th, 2021, 13:56
I haven't yet received notification of what I need to send but the negative test result is a bizarre request bearing in mind that, without one, you wouldn't be allowed into Thailand in the first place.

Does it mean that the other information will have to wait until a couple of days before you leave?

I looked at a number of other hotels and the test was not mentioned as a requirement.

If my chosen hotel requests this of me, I shall change my reservation; I hate leavings things to the last moment.

vnman
November 11th, 2021, 14:43
If my chosen hotel requests this of me, I shall change my reservation; I hate leavings things to the last moment.

How would you produce a COVID test? You would need to take two separate tests, because you will not be able to do everything within 72 hours.

This is what I needed. Logic says that it should be enough.

goji
November 11th, 2021, 14:46
I looked at a number of other hotels and the test was not mentioned as a requirement.

This is what my quarantine hotel requested back in 2020 (below). The list seems shorter in 2021.

1. Copy of passport
4. COE (Certificate of Entry which issue by Thai Embassy from your country)
5. Work permit/Visa (Non-O/B Visa/Married Visa/Student Visa)
6. Personal Insurance (Needed **Important)
7. Flight detail
8. Covid-19 test and Fit to Fly – Able to be provided later once receive (Needed)
9. Guest’s contact number
11. Credit Card Authorization form

How would you produce a COVID test? You would need to take two separate tests, because you will not be able to do everything within 72 hours.

You take one covid test and receive the result within 72 hours of your departure flight. Within that 72 hours, you find 30 seconds to e-mail it on to the hotel. Easy.
Note the requirement is that the test result is ISSUED 72 hours before the first flight. The test itself can be more than 72 hours.

vnman
November 11th, 2021, 15:16
You take one covid test and receive the result within 72 hours of your departure flight. Within that 72 hours, you find 30 seconds to e-mail it on to the hotel. Easy.
Note the requirement is that the test result is ISSUED 72 hours before the first flight. The test itself can be more than 72 hours.

Yes, but that is not what they are discussing. At least, as I understand, the hotel wants a COVID test before sending the booking confirmation.

goji
November 11th, 2021, 15:56
Yes, but that is not what they are discussing. At least, as I understand, the hotel wants a COVID test before sending the booking confirmation.

That's almost certainly a translation issue.
Any hotel that's been doing quarantine for a while knows the covid test result has to be within 72 hours of the first flight and that's what they expect.

Blueskytoday
November 11th, 2021, 20:14
This wanting the covid test results to get hotel booking is all a bunch of CRAP....if so they are making everything just too damn complicated....

Kenny
November 11th, 2021, 20:45
I can share my own experience for information purposes.

I booked into a budget SHA+ hotel in Jomtien for my Test & Go for my holiday which begins at the start of December.
The cost is 4,650 baht including one night's accommodation, airport transfer and PCR test.
The only hitch I encountered was waiting for the letter of confirmation from the hotel which took about three days.
The hotel required my vaccination certificate, passport and flight confirmation only.

I bought Covid insurance through AXA Thailand. It cost 4,160 baht for the 50,000 USD cover version. It is for a duration of 2 months.
The insurance certificate was issued immediately.

I applied for the Thailand Pass yesterday. I did this through my mobile phone. There were more form pages to fill in than I had expected and it would have been easier if I had used a laptop tbh.
However, the phone was handy for quickly converting the PDFs of the documents to JPEG format, as was required. I just took screenshots of the PDFs on the phone and uploaded them directly.
I included the QR code of the vaccine cert as an extra upload, which was an available option.

The Thailand Pass arrived by email more or less immediately, the TP Elves were working very hard I guess.
I hope this is of some help.

bkkguy
November 11th, 2021, 20:55
if the original video post was "all you needed to know" why do we have almost 40 posts in response here?

Uranus
November 12th, 2021, 01:42
if the original video post was "all you needed to know" why do we have almost 40 posts in response here?

Maybe because different people have different experience. Should come as no surprise

bkkguy
November 12th, 2021, 19:45
Maybe because different people have different experience. Should come as no surprise

so "all you need to know" is actually "all you need to know if your circumstances are exactly the same as mine"?

goji
November 12th, 2021, 20:47
so "all you need to know" is actually "all you need to know if your circumstances are exactly the same as mine"?

There's a difference between "all you need to know" and "all you would like to know".
All you need to know is the bare minimum to apply and that can actually be found out on the Thai Pass website. Or the video.

Since people like to know more than the minimum, we have further discussion in the first 39 or so posts in this thread. This was mostly constructive input until you joined in looking for an pointless argument at post 40.

Now if you have something useful to contribute regarding the Thai Pass, please add it.
On the other hand, if you don't like the topic, just give it a miss.

pong
November 12th, 2021, 23:18
Just read that there is even some learning being done at the ministry where they all organise it. What is definite is that already some pint have been rectified: the vaccien that needs just 1 dose, separate dep. and arrival days as so many planes arrive a day later. Its also soon possible to log in and check your status and changes in flites for just a few days can be put in without making it all new.
They say/promise to even look into scrapping the test before dep (though the airline still may want to see it) and replace the test after arrival for a short do-it-yourself quick test at airport, so you could even be released without the 1 day prisonship. But do not hold your breath for this and wait till its definite-probably with a few new twists, as TITs
Up to now nearly all reports Ive seen from people landing in TH/BKK were those for VFR=Visiting Friends and Relatives.
More annoying if not frightful are however reports of people:
who were in a family and tested postive but the others not-this leads to imprisonment in a hospital at your own cost
testing negative but they found a positive one in a taxi/bus or even on your plane-this leads to imprisonment in the booked HTL as before with the quarantine
NO idea how frequent these cases are
Still I get the idea more and more that the socalled false positives are even also false negatives in testing are much more as in other medical test cases

gerefan2
November 13th, 2021, 00:22
Following today’s announcement that bars and entertainment will remain closed for the New Year holiday there should be no problem getting a Thai Pass as, in one stroke, they have just reduced demand to Zero.

Uranus
November 13th, 2021, 00:39
Allow me a short comment on the "ALL you need to know":

I booked the mandatory quarantine hotel through asq.in.th as advised – it took me six days to receive the conformation needed for the Thailand Pass application.
A friend of mine did his booking through Agoda – and got an instant conformation.

Brad the Impala
November 13th, 2021, 00:59
Following today’s announcement that bars and entertainment will remain closed for the New Year holiday there should be no problem getting a Thai Pass as, in one stroke, they have just reduced demand to Zero.

Did you see the youtube on the current situation in Sri Bangla, Patong? Not suggesting that you want to go to Soi Bangla per se, but it does suggest that at least for open air bars in Phuket restrictions are not being strictly adhered to. Equally a Thai friend who went back via Phuket Test and Go, was posting photographs on facebook of him being on the beach on his first day back!