View Full Version : List of Countries Not Requiring Quarantine

Kenny
October 22nd, 2021, 02:13
This was posted today on Twitter...

Happy to see Ireland there!
Some significant omissions.

Uranus
October 22nd, 2021, 15:02
So what is the procedure after arrival and taking the Corona test?

Dodger
October 22nd, 2021, 16:47
So what is the procedure after arrival and taking the Corona test?

It's explained in the link that MFAS provided in the post "November Openings".

goji
October 22nd, 2021, 18:51
It's explained in the link that MFAS provided in the post "November Openings".

I think Uranus is expecting a detailed explanation of the procedure. This is not explained in the link.

There are important missing details, such as how we get from the airport to our incarceration in the SHA+ hotel.

I expect we will need to book SHA+ transport, rather than a normal bus or taxi. This is not explained.

Brad the Impala
October 22nd, 2021, 19:08
The process for those following the Phuket Sandbox protocol, as recently as last week, was that on booking the SHA+ hotel, in their case for 7 nights, in the new programme sounds like one night, the SHA+ hotel books the transport from the airport to the hotel.

Again in the Phuket Sandbox system the test was taken at the airport, the passenger was transported to the hotel, and remained there, in their room, until the result came through some six hours later, via the hotel, that the test was positive or negative. If you got the all clear you were then free to roam in Phuket, in the new system it sounds like free to roam nationwide.

I imagine the new system will be similar, but only time will tell.

Blueskytoday
October 23rd, 2021, 02:31
I read they will announce the SHA hotels soon...so are travelers supposed to Book and Pay for this one night in the SHA approved hotel prior to arrival, or upon arrival at the airport I wonder?? Then you can go book at anyother hotel I assume...after your negative covid test comes out.. And I wonder the cost of the Covid PCR test at the hotel?? or does the govt pay it..

goji
October 23rd, 2021, 04:14
Anyone actually intending to go to Thailand, needs to make the effort and do a little research, including reading announcements.
Anyone intending to be a troll can ignore the work and keep asking questions.

It's already known that we need pre-booking of an SHA+ hotel to get the "Thailand Pass", which is needed to get into the country.

We will pay for the PCR test. The presentation document says it is bundled in the hotel booking. However, for the Phuket sandbox, it apparently has to be ordered separately.

Oliver2
October 23rd, 2021, 14:18
If I have to be imprisoned for a night on arrival I hope it will be in a Pattaya hotel.

Will we be informed via the app whether we have "passed" the test? I wonder how long it will take.

aot871
October 23rd, 2021, 16:52
I might have read it wrong , but on gaybuttons site , there is a copied statement from the tourist board , which says that people from low risk countries now have to stay for a min of 21 days if so that will be a bit of trouble as some people can only manage 14 day hols

Dodger
October 23rd, 2021, 17:02
I might have read it wrong , but on gaybuttons site , there is a copied statement from the tourist board , which says that people from low risk countries now have to stay for a min of 21 days if so that will be a bit of trouble as some people can only manage 14 day hols

Yep, you read that wrong.

I just read the statement I think you're referring to on GB's site and it says "Visitors from any of these countries (46 low risk countries) must have also stayed in that country for at least 21 days prior to departure and received their second jab dose at least 14 days before their flight to Thailand.

It doesn't say anything about the duration of visits in Thailand for fully vaccinated tourists.

goji
October 23rd, 2021, 17:40
aot871 read correctly:

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said though people from low-risk countries do not have to undergo the 14-day quarantine, they are required to:
• Stay in Thailand for at least 21 days.

Gaybutton is quoting an article from The Nation.

Whilst publishing nice little summary tables is very good, Thailand also needs to publish the full detailed requirements for the new schemes.
Having some senior people just quoting add on rules, which may or may not be correct is unprofessional.

Gaybutton
October 23rd, 2021, 18:57
Thailand also needs to publish the full detailed requirements for the new scheme

In a way I hope they don't. All too often the more details they publish, the more confusing it gets. In my opinion what they need to do is sit down with a reputable native English journalist - who knows how to write clearly and concisely - and go over everything with him until it is all crystal clear to him and let him publish the English version of the details. Barry Kenyon is the first person who comes to my mind, but there are many more qualified people - if they would just properly use them. Do I expect them to do that? No.

What they always do is get a Thai spokesperson who is not a native English speaker to do the briefings and provide the details. Anybody having a problem figuring out why things get so confusing?

goji
October 23rd, 2021, 19:13
What they always do is get a Thai spokesperson who is not a native English speaker to do the briefings and provide the details. Anybody having a problem figuring out why things get so confusing?

The standard of English from the 3 CCSA briefing people I have seen recently is very good. Clearer and more coherent than certain people doing briefings in the UK (e.g. Boris)

christianpfc
October 23rd, 2021, 23:02
If I have to be imprisoned for a night on arrival I hope it will be in a Pattaya hotel.

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/434606641358938

For vaccinated people arriving from the 46 countries on the list, you must book a SHA+ hotel for the first night within a two hour drive from the international airport. For example, if you land at Suvarnbhumi, you can go straight to Pattaya, but for Hua Hin, you must stay in Bangkok first for one night.
I rely mostly on Richard Barrow for information about entry conditions to Thailand.

So far, a flight out of Thailand has not been quoted as a requirement. I like to stay flexible regarding my length of stay in Thailand and my next destination.

No information about prices for one night in hotel and covid test.

vnman
October 24th, 2021, 02:32
[url]
So far, a flight out of Thailand has not been quoted as a requirement.

The problem is that the Airline will not let you fly to Thailand without a confirmed flight out of the country. This doesn't have to be a special requirement. They will just look at your status, visa, country of origin.

A few ways to get around this legally:

*Buy the cheapest air Asia ticket you can find. I've done this in the past and found deals of 15 to 20 Euros.
*You can also buy a ticket (to anywhere) with an American travel agent such as Expedia and cancel it within 24 hours for a full refund.
*For some purposes, you can also make a reservation with Turkish Airlines without any upfront payment.

goji
October 24th, 2021, 02:37
The problem is that the Airline will not let you fly to Thailand without a confirmed flight out of the country. This doesn't have to be a special requirement. They will just look at your status, visa, country of origin.

I do wonder if they might be slightly more careful in current times, as we might not actually be allowed to take that cheap Air Asia flight to Cambodia (etc) due to covid restrictions.

Of course, IF Christian's Cambodia visa is multi-entry, that is not a problem.

I don't recall anyone ever checking I have a flight out of Thailand.
I've had it when flying from Cebu to KL, but never to Thailand. Including the following day when I flew from KL to Utapao, with the same airline.

Dodger
October 24th, 2021, 08:32
aot871 read correctly:

Gaybutton is quoting an article from The Nation.

Sorry ao871...I stand corrected.

Different reporters... different sets of requirements...TIT.

Gaybutton
October 24th, 2021, 08:42
Different reporters... different sets of requirements..
As for a flight out of Thailand, that used to be a requirement. I don't know if it still is, but upon arrival in Thailand nobody ever checked me. However, the airlines did. The airlines did not let anyone board flights to Thailand unless they had a flight out of Thailand, usually a return ticket.

gerefan2
October 24th, 2021, 15:13
No information about prices for one night in hotel and covid test.

Deals starting to appear for 1 day quarantine in Pattaya. See here ..

https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonburi-thailand-hotels?fbclid=IwAR041H0OhaafES-wJ8HXytfd-ELPk0ZIoKpDX9F-k1aRXF0t247QQpsczoY

Manforallseasons
October 24th, 2021, 15:21
Deals starting to appear for 1 day quarantine in Pattaya. See here ..

https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonburi-thailand-hotels?fbclid=IwAR041H0OhaafES-wJ8HXytfd-ELPk0ZIoKpDX9F-k1aRXF0t247QQpsczoY

Is any of this really relevant until there is a decision on the opening on bars etc?

Uranus
October 24th, 2021, 16:19
A list of hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya are now appearing on ASQ Hotel (https://asq.in.th/?durationSelectedItem=1+Day). I guess ut means that one is confined to the hotel room until the test results appear, but it says nothing about a couple travelling together if they need two rooms or not.

vnman
October 24th, 2021, 18:51
A list of hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya are now appearing on ASQ Hotel (https://asq.in.th/?durationSelectedItem=1+Day). I guess ut means that one is confined to the hotel room until the test results appear, but it says nothing about a couple travelling together if they need two rooms or not.

This review might answer that:

https://prnt.sc/1x8cptk

It's in Bangkok, but this is the listing in question.

https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/luxor-bangkok-hotel

Blueskytoday
October 24th, 2021, 19:44
Well nice to see this , thanks...but,,,,most prices are about USD$120 or more per night..a bit pricey...gotta get some middle hotels in this..mix..

christianpfc
October 25th, 2021, 21:21
It (ASQ Hotel website) says "Showing 45 Bangkok AQ hotels with starting packages ranging between ฿3,300, and ฿9,600." I assume by "package" they mean the room and Covid test and transfer from airport. In this case, prices are okay for me.

And it says "Thai Citizen Discount", there we go again with double pricing!

Is any of this really relevant until there is a decision on the opening on bars etc?
Opening of bars or lifting of alcohol ban has no influence on me coming to Thailand. Open bars would be nicer than closed bars. Alcohol ban I wouldn't even notice as I rarely drink (and when, only with friends who drink).

goji
October 25th, 2021, 21:57
It (ASQ Hotel website) says "Showing 45 Bangkok AQ hotels with starting packages ranging between ฿3,300, and ฿9,600." I assume by "package" they mean the room and Covid test and transfer from airport. In this case, prices are okay for me.
For ONE night, I don't mind something a little more expensive. As long as the value is fair, ie IF testing and transport is included, then after subtracting the market value of those, if the cost of the room is in the right ballpark for the quality level, I'm happy. Which seems to be the case.

francois
October 26th, 2021, 04:57

And it says "Thai Citizen Discount", there we go again with double pricing!

Opening of bars or lifting of alcohol ban has no influence on me coming to Thailand. Open bars would be nicer than closed bars. Alcohol ban I wouldn't even notice as I rarely drink (and when, only with friends who drink).

Open bars means the go-go bars will be open which is what many are looking forward to.

vnman
October 26th, 2021, 23:30
It (ASQ Hotel website) says "Showing 45 Bangkok AQ hotels with starting packages ranging between ฿3,300, and ฿9,600." I assume by "package" they mean the room and Covid test and transfer from airport. In this case, prices are okay for me...

If that is included, it is a great deal. Still sad that it is necessary in the first place.

How much does a PCR test cost in Thailand?

goji
October 26th, 2021, 23:57
How much does a PCR test cost in Thailand?

In March, I paid 3000 baht at a private Thai hospital for the test required before returning to the UK.

Apparently it is 8000 for THREE tests in Phuket, so same ballpark.

vnman
October 27th, 2021, 01:15
In March, I paid 3000 baht at a private Thai hospital for the test required before returning to the UK.

Apparently it is 8000 for THREE tests in Phuket, so same ballpark.

In that case, I'm really curious if the hotel prices are inclusive of the mandatory test.

gerefan2
October 27th, 2021, 03:04
In that case, I'm really curious if the hotel prices are inclusive of the mandatory test.

The price of a covid test has probably come down quite a lot since earlier this year. Well it has in the UK.

The one day quarantine at this place is 4850 all inclusive. That is transport to Pattaya, test and accommodation.

See here ... https://www.greenparkpattaya.com/

Oliver2
October 27th, 2021, 14:38
Thanks....that looks a good option, particularly in view of the transportation costs being included.

goji
October 27th, 2021, 16:08
Since Thailand requires an RT-PCR test, we can't use the cheaper lateral flow tests & have to pay whatever the going rate is for the RT-PCR test. Which, is as far as I know, just under 3000. I've not bothered researching it.

Paying for transport to the hotel is a must, as is one night in the hotel.

The biggest question I have is when does the test result arrive ? I've already seen comments about one hotel quoting a charge for the second night, in case the test doesn't arrive.
That's the test that the hotel is organizing on our behalf.

If these tests are done by private sector providers, then surely the hotel should pick one with appropriate financial penalties if the results are not issued on time and therefore the hotel should absorb the cost of any second night ?
Which would, of course mean everyone is appropriately motivated to get the testing done on time. Unlike the current system, where we rely on the hotel having a good attitude and wanting to maintain a good reputation.

Making sure we are actually released after one night is the top priority here !

Manforallseasons
October 27th, 2021, 18:45
Confusing new insurance reg:

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/compulsory-health-insurance-for-thailands-opening-still-in-confusion-377092

Dodger
October 27th, 2021, 19:31
Confusing new insurance reg:

In perfect harmony with all the other requirements. Just the way they want it.

They've become masters at hiding the peanut under the shell.