PDA

View Full Version : Silom Soi 4 update. Pride open and new Bar opens.

CameronPride
October 20th, 2021, 22:27
Pride Bar and restaurant is fully reopened and is happy to report that things in the Soi are starting to look better.

At the start of the Soi is a new modern bar and Restaurant just opened called "Silver Sand" See https://www.facebook.com/silversandsilom

Clearly we are happy to see fresh new faces opening in the Soi and G's, Connections are open as normal.

While we cant sell Alcohol Pride Bar and Restaurant now offers Marijuana that can be added to all food items and is popular in Tea and Coffee.

Dodger
October 21st, 2021, 10:58
While we cant sell Alcohol Pride Bar and Restaurant now offers Marijuana that can be added to all food items and is popular in Tea and Coffee.

Thanks for the update Cameron. Great news!

It would be nice if they could just provide the Marijuana without mixing it in food or tea. If not, I could always drink a gallon of tea.

Good luck!

a447
October 21st, 2021, 13:55
I didn't know it was legal to sell marijuana in Thailand.

Manforallseasons
October 21st, 2021, 15:25
Not legal only for medical use is legal…….some changes to the law, I wish Cameron could give more details!

Patanawet
October 21st, 2021, 16:11
Waiting for Kratom soup now.

dinagam
October 21st, 2021, 17:20
Having marijuana on the menu will hopefully be the staying power of the business. It is a hardy plant just like this establishment in Pattaya.

Manforallseasons
October 21st, 2021, 18:35
The cannabis sighted here may not be what you think!

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Health-Care/Thai-government-aims-to-ride-high-on-global-cannabis-wave

Dodger
October 21st, 2021, 18:39

Marijuana is illegal in Thailand except for authorized medical use.

Locally produced marijuana extracts (with less than 0.2% THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the main psychoactive compound in cannabis) are exempted. Extracts with these low levels of THC can be used in food products, herbal tea, etc. There are many "Ganja Cafe's sprouting up around Thailand which are growing in numbers. There's one that just opened up at Jomtien Beach - near the gay beach, and another one right next door to Immigration.

CameronPride
November 5th, 2021, 13:23
Not legal only for medical use is legal…….some changes to the law, I wish Cameron could give more details!

We got a licence. Leaf is allowed to be added to food. If your expecting to get high you would need to eat like 10+ Pizzas.

Its the Leaf not the flower so its a small step in the direction of legalisation.

Dodger
November 5th, 2021, 14:47
We got a licence. Leaf is allowed to be added to food. If your expecting to get high you would need to eat like 10+ Pizzas.

Its the Leaf not the flower so its a small step in the direction of legalisation.

I think I know what you're saying, but just for clarification:

It's the leaf of the marijuana plant which contains the highest levels of THC that people buy to get high. I'm assuming what you're using in food, tea, etc., is a CBD extract (from the leaves and flowers as you mentioned) which, after the processing is complete, contains very low levels of THC and is now deemed legal in Thailand.

If it were the whole leaves that you were using in your food/tea I'd be placing advance orders for brownies, preferably using Acapulco Gold leaves...LOL.

I hope to visit Pride in December...and I'll be ordering 10 pizza's.

Cheers

Manforallseasons
November 5th, 2021, 15:10
It is a good marketing gimmick but Bangkok is not Amsterdam.

Nirish guy
November 5th, 2021, 15:57
Sounds a bit like opening a go go bar and putting massive logos of hot sexy boys up outside, so all the people who already know about and want to find hot sexy boys come to your bar, only to find that "actually' you just have a few pictures of them dotted about the place and they leave disappointed after one drink slightly feeling they were mis sold something and remembering not to bother coming back - no ?.

Brad the Impala
November 5th, 2021, 19:12
I think I know what you're saying, but just for clarification:

It's the leaf of the marijuana plant which contains the highest levels of THC that people buy to get high. I'm assuming what you're using in food, tea, etc., is a CBD extract (from the leaves and flowers as you mentioned) which, after the processing is complete, contains very low levels of THC and is now deemed legal in Thailand.

If it were the whole leaves that you were using in your food/tea I'd be placing advance orders for brownies, preferably using Acapulco Gold leaves...LOL.

I'm sure that the expert in Bong Saray knows what he is talking about on this subject.

CameronPride
November 5th, 2021, 19:28
We are using whole leaf. Not bud or oils.

Dodger
November 6th, 2021, 09:11
I'm sure that the expert in Bong Saray knows what he is talking about on this subject.

I smoked so much pot back in the 70's (and beyond) that I could roll a perfect joint on the back seat of a motorcycle with the wind blowing off Chicago's Lake Michigan. Those were the good old days, and I still enjoy a toke once in a while watching the sunsets over here. All for medicinal purposes of course.

Don't freak out on me Brad.

Dodger
November 6th, 2021, 11:04
We are using whole leaf. Not bud or oils.

Works for me if it works for you.

vnman
November 6th, 2021, 12:55
It is a good marketing gimmick but Bangkok is not Amsterdam.

Since I am flying from Amsterdam, is there something I can bring for anyone?

Ohhh wait...!

christianpfc
November 8th, 2021, 21:13
Sounds a bit like opening a go go bar and putting massive logos of hot sexy boys up outside, so all the people who already know about and want to find hot sexy boys come to your bar, only to find that "actually' you just have a few pictures of them dotted about the place and they leave disappointed after one drink slightly feeling they were mis sold something and remembering not to bother coming back - no ?.
That would not work in my case. I don't rely on promises or previous experience, every time I step in a gogo bar, I take a look at what's on stage, and if I don't like it, I tell staff that I will come back later, when there are more boys, and leave. If there is loud music, or I can smell cigarette smoke from entrance and the selection of boys cannot compensate, or boys are overdressed (A-Bomb had boys shirtless in jeans, I'm not paying gogo drink prices for that) I tell them as well.

Patanawet
November 9th, 2021, 15:15
every time I step in a gogo bar, I take a look at what's on stage, and if I don't like it, I tell staff that I will come back later, when there are more boys, and leave..
And the relevance to the title of the thread?
I thought this was an information thread -- not an opinion one.

vnman
November 9th, 2021, 19:59
Just so I understand; Balcony is open until 2 am but they serve alcohol until 9 pm?

Patanawet
November 10th, 2021, 11:28
Just so I understand; Balcony is open until 2 am but they serve alcohol until 9 pm?

No.

vnman
November 10th, 2021, 15:57
No.

Can you elaborate? I asked because I saw this on their Facebook:

Patanawet
November 10th, 2021, 17:15
Yes that's confusing.
I was there last weekend and it was licensed till 21:00 and closed at 22:00.
Looks like the website hasn't updated that info.

The CCSA general meeting on Friday might re-assess the regulations a bit before the 'general opening' on the 1st of December.. Let's hope so.

Edit --- I just looked and had to dig deep to find that anomaly --- eventually clicking on 'open now/ open soon'.
I'll go to the soi this weekend and point it out to manager K.Tae.

vnman
November 10th, 2021, 17:21
Yes that's confusing.
I was there last weekend and it was licensed till 21:00 and closed at 22:00.

Thanks!
If all goes well, I'll be there Sunday for some food and drinks.

Dodger
November 11th, 2021, 10:24
Thanks!

Whatever you do, don't forget the pizza!

Oliver2
November 11th, 2021, 13:58
I love The Balcony's chicken and cashew nuts.... and it's a great place to watch the gay world go by. I wish I were there now.

vnman
November 11th, 2021, 16:16
Whatever you do, don't forget the pizza!

hahaha, I never had Pizza there. Is that something special? I would say that I only come for Thai food but that would be a lie. I'm a sucker for Oishi.

dab69
November 11th, 2021, 19:53
I love The Balcony's chicken and cashew nuts.... and it's a great place to watch the gay world go by. I wish I were there now.

I liked the pulled pork meat side dish with my Blue Kamakazi..

Patanawet
November 11th, 2021, 22:19
hahaha, I never had Pizza there. Is that something special? I would say that I only come for Thai food but that would be a lie. I'm a sucker for Oishi.

Maybe typo -- he meant 'pissed' as in rat arsed.

Patanawet
November 14th, 2021, 12:45
Thanks!

I was there last night.
I pointed out the wrong info to the webmaster.

The soi was packed -- really. Even the closed Telephone/Circus terrace was full.
The open bars (sorry restaurants) were Sands (wrong name?), Connections, Pride, Balcony, Bas Bar, Telephone terrace (operated by Pride).
All were all full! Balcony and Pride had live music.