PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Music Lounge

Halcyon
October 13th, 2021, 19:50
The new Dragon Music Lounge in the Complex in Jomtien will have a soft opening on 15 October from 16.00 till 22.00 hrs. There will be music, food and non-alcoholic drinks. Hopefully on the 1st of November we will see a full opening without curfew and with alcoholic drinks.

Note
This post and several other posts originated in, The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now topic and were moved here to create a new and separate discussion. A quick link back to the original topic is posted below:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21281-The-LIST-of-GAY-BARS-and-GOGO-s-in-PATTAYA-from-1980-till-now/page15

Halcyon
October 19th, 2021, 14:51
Review on the Dragon Music Lounge in the Complex: it is a modern, classy, expensive big lounge for mainly people from Bangkok with some money to spend. Last night it was completely full, I guess about 49 people at one time. No Western foreigners to be seen.

Jellybean
October 20th, 2021, 01:08
Review on the Dragon Music Lounge in the Complex: it is a modern, classy, expensive big lounge for mainly people from Bangkok with some money to spend. Last night it was completely full, I guess about 49 people at one time. No Western foreigners to be seen.

A friend from Bangkok visited the Dragon Music Lounge, Halcyon and gave me permission to post the following photos. Your description of the lounge as a, “modern, classy, expensive big lounge” was spot on, as confirmed in the photos. It certainly looks like a place I’d like to see for myself when I'm next at Jomtien Complex.

goji
October 20th, 2021, 01:46
Nothing on their Facebook page floats my boat.
Obviously it's best to judge after seeing it in operation, but I think I would prefer the existing bars in Jomtien, which are open air, benefit from no music and have cute lads walking around. Or for enclosed bars, I like the gogo format

So I hope this isn't such a success that everyone else follows suit & starts converting existing bars.

gerefan2
October 20th, 2021, 02:02
Mmmm...

Memories of Boyz Music in Boyztown.

That didn’t end well!

a447
October 20th, 2021, 09:12
Or for enclosed bars, I like the gogo format

Bring back Eros!

francois
October 20th, 2021, 09:26
Bring back Eros!

Eros was the opposite of Dragon although it did offer certain amenities not found in Dragon.

francois
October 20th, 2021, 09:34
I likely would visit Dragon to check it out. Does anyone know the cost of a drink?

Oliver2
October 20th, 2021, 13:32
The videos I've just watched suggest that it's not a gay bar. As gerefan says, it didn't work in Boyztown.

Armando
October 20th, 2021, 14:36
The videos I've just watched suggest that it's not a gay bar. As gerefan says, it didn't work in Boyztown.
It looks just like a regular cocktail lounge with far too many women around to be a gay bar.

gerefan2
October 20th, 2021, 14:54
Their Facebook website does emphasise it’s a gay bar. However, the entry dated 16 June says “ Dragon Music Lounge, Dragon Man Club, and all our local partners and friends can't wait to see you”. That doesn’t bode well.

We had a thread in February about Dragon Man Club and I remember posting about my visit. It was fuc*ing awful and certainly NOT gay. We left early. See post #14 here https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21905-Dragon-Man-Club/page2

See here for the Facebook posts... https://www.facebook.com/DragonMusicLoungePattaya/

Let’s hope it doesn’t attract the Chinese women like Boyz Music did. As I said that didn’t end well for the gay patrons or “Gay” Boyztown.

Maybe this subject should have its own thread?

goji
October 20th, 2021, 15:40
We had a thread in February about Dragon Man Club and I remember posting about my visit. It was fuc*ing awful and certainly NOT gay. We left early. See post #14 here https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21905-Dragon-Man-Club/page2

If it's anything like that, I hope they fail spectacularly and go away.

The alternative successful scenario probably leads to copycat bars taking over Jomtien Complex.

Manforallseasons
October 20th, 2021, 18:34
For the majority of members here perhaps showing your senior senior citizen card will qualify for a discount here and all the venues especially in the Complex.

francois
October 20th, 2021, 19:43
I don't have a senior citizen card, where can I apply for one?

Manforallseasons
October 20th, 2021, 20:08
I don't have a senior citizen card, where can I apply for one?

A I know you for many years I don’t think they will question the need to show your age.

Oliver2
October 20th, 2021, 21:18
I cannot share in this levity despite no longer being a bar-goer. JC is our last refuge after the catastrophic decline of BT and Sunee . Other communities dominate 95% of Pattaya, so why can't we have something to call our own? I expect that the BT abomination on the corner (about which I have posted often- too often, some may say) also claimed it would be a gay bar.

CameronPride
October 20th, 2021, 22:36
Gay owned and operated. The boys take good care of the clients. Its very upmarket and catering to a different client then the existing bars. We have enough cheap bars in Thailand its nice now to see something classy. Why does everything have to be cheap and nasty because its Gay? I love the way Dragon operates and happy to visit as often as possible. Each to there own if its not for you then that's ok but there is a market for a more upmarket club to bring in more customers to the area.

arsenal
October 20th, 2021, 23:13
Well said Cameron although you'll have Christian choking on his bratwurst with talk like that.

francois
October 20th, 2021, 23:18

A Thai friend was at Dragon a day ago and said it is a gay bar.

Manforallseasons
October 20th, 2021, 23:42
For Dragon to prosper it will need to rely on young Thais coming to holiday in Pattaya, the current customer base in the Complex won’t be of much use and I suspect the owner of Dragon already knows that.

Nirish guy
October 21st, 2021, 00:51
Eros .... did offer certain amenities

Yes, they sometimes had a hand towel in the toilets, trouble was it was always the SAME hand towel in the toilets and it would have taken a brave man to actually use it ! :-) I did actually see some people do just that and I could never quite decide were they simply unaware of how many boys used it to wipe up god knows what when with customers OR where they fully aware and it was some wierd fetish thing just perhaps ! :)

a447
October 21st, 2021, 06:55
Yes, they sometimes had a hand towel in the toilets, trouble was it was always the SAME hand towel

Ah, yes. That "towel".

The first and only time I used it, I had to chase it around the sink and then watch in awe as it jumped back onto the towel track.

I wish Dragon well, but as someone who is not a big drinker I look forward to a bar which offers more than just alcohol.

Basically, I want cock with my drink.

Nirish guy
October 21st, 2021, 15:38
Basically, I want cock with my drink.

Yes Bars are going to have to start listening to their customers more, I mean it's not as if there aren't plenty of serving options open to them :)

Manforallseasons
October 21st, 2021, 15:56
For this group of potential customers they need not be more innovative than this:

Nirish guy
October 21st, 2021, 16:11
At least that's one way of ensuring you get your "Five a day" portions of fruit and veg as recommended by the government to ensure a long life !

Only trouble being that as well as a long life you might also end up giving yourself a HARD life too ! :-)

goji
October 21st, 2021, 17:39
At least that's one way of ensuring you get your "Five a day" portions of fruit and veg as recommended by the government to ensure a long life !

I think it's intended as a garnish for meat & 2 veg.