PDA

View Full Version : First Time Retirement Visa

Dodger
October 16th, 2021, 09:16
Switching from a Tourist Visa to a Retirement Visa may be beneficial for those getting close to retirement age - and you can do this during your holiday in-country as long as you have a few weeks left on your stay. It's not for everyone, that's for sure, but it may serve someone's best interest.

Read about it here:

https://pattayaone.news/speedy-most-convenient-visa-service/

Dodger
October 16th, 2021, 10:05
As a follow-on:

I'm not recommending that anyone use the servies of the Company who posted that article on PattayaOne. I would assume most people could do this themselves without using an agent.

Manforallseasons
October 16th, 2021, 10:55
The advantage of getting a retirement visa in Thailand as opposed to your home country is that you get an O-B visa instead of an O-A visa which doesn’t require you to show evidence of a health insurance policy with minimum coverage of 400,000 baht in patient and 40,000 out patient. excluding your initial Covid policy.

Dodger
October 16th, 2021, 11:19
The advantage of getting a retirement visa in Thailand as opposed to your home country is that you get an O-B visa instead of an O-A visa which doesn’t require you to show evidence of a health insurance policy with minimum coverage of 400,000 baht in patient and 40,000 out patient. excluding your initial Covid policy.

Good point.

Also, being able to extend a 90 day max tourist holiday to a 15 month stay with the O-Visa may work for some as well.

goji
October 16th, 2021, 16:38

Interesting.
So considering the options for anyone arriving on a 90 day O-visa and wanting to extend their holiday slightly:

1 A 30 day extension is not available on a 90 day O-visa (as far as I can tell). Well, not without tea money.

2 A 60 day covid extension may be available, although this could be withdrawn before it is time to apply. Also it is supposedly for people unable to return home due to covid restrictions, although they have been granting them to people who could easily return home.

3 Doing an overland visa run is not practical at present due to border restrictions.

4 Dumping 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account for a couple of months allows anyone over 50 to apply for an O-B visa ?

Am I missing any options ?

Dodger
October 16th, 2021, 18:58
Interesting.
So considering the options for anyone arriving on a 90 day O-visa and wanting to extend their holiday slightly:

1 A 30 day extension is not available on a 90 day O-visa (as far as I can tell). Well, not without tea money.

2 A 60 day covid extension may be available, although this could be withdrawn before it is time to apply. Also it is supposedly for people unable to return home due to covid restrictions, although they have been granting them to people who could easily return home.

3 Doing an overland visa run is not practical at present due to border restrictions.

4 Dumping 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account for a couple of months allows anyone over 50 to apply for an O-B visa ?

Am I missing any options ?

The only other option that I'm aware of is for those who can arrange a minimum of 65,000 baht/month deposits in a Thai bank account when they retire which also satisfies the financial requirements. The problem with this is that the person would have to show 12 consecutive monthly deposits (1 year) before gaining approval.

bkkguy
October 16th, 2021, 20:37
I'm not recommending that anyone use the servies of the Company who posted that article on PattayaOne. I would assume most people could do this themselves without using an agent.

if anyone is going to be using an agent it would be better to use one that has a better understanding of the process and can explain it better than the crap these people are sprouting

and one of the main reasons people resort to agents like this is their claim "We can provide the funds to support the application" and if you want to go down that path then thanks very much, this is why the financial requirements keep getting made more difficult - it doesn't stop the agents playing games with bank finds it just makes it harder for the legitimate applicants

Interesting.

I am not familiar with an O-B visa (perhaps MFS can provide more details) but 12 month "retirement extensions" talked about in the article are designed for people who want to stay in the country long term to enjoy their retirement - hence their name, they are not designed for tourists who want to stay a few extra months on their holiday

having said that however if your plan is to travel to Thailand multiple times each year for extended periods then the Non O-A "retirement visa" may be your best option to exploit

one of the first concepts to grasp is "long stay" as applied to a visa - tourist visas and Non O visas are "short stay" and extending a permission to stay based on these visas currently does not require insurance even if the extension is for 12 months, Non O-A and Non O-X visas are "long stay" and extending a permission to stay based on these visas currently does require insurance

the second concept to grasp is visa validity, initial permission to stay and entry count - typically a Non O visa issued in Thailand or overseas is valid for 3 months, is single entry, and grants an initial 3 month permission to stay, typically a Non O-A visa issued overseas is valid for 12 months, is multiple entry, and grants an initial 12 month permission to stay on each entry

the third concept to grasp is the funds requirement - typically to do a 12 month extension of a permission to stay based on a Non O visa issued overseas or to obtain a Non O in Thailand and to obtain a 12 month extension of a permission to stay based on that visa you must prove 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for a "seasoning period" (2 months for initial application, 3 months for extension) and the funds must still be in the bank for the next extension or satisfy the requirements for monthly transfers for 12 months, typically to apply for a Non O-A visa issued overseas you must prove the equivalent of 800,000 Baht in a bank in your home country (and some other requirements), to obtain a 12 month extension of permission to stay the funds need to be in Thailand, and you need insurance, but you can just go home and apply for a new Non O-A visa to avoid this

so if you really want to retire to Thailand then a Non O visa obtained either at home or in Thailand is your best bet, but if you want to travel to Thailand for extended periods for almost 2 years then the Non O-A visa acquired at home may be a better option

Manforallseasons
October 16th, 2021, 22:50
bkkguy, the O-A and O-B visa are different only as the 0-A is gotten in one’s home country whereas the O-B can only be obtained in Thailand.

francois
October 16th, 2021, 22:57
I thought that a "B" visa was for Business?

Manforallseasons
October 16th, 2021, 23:39
I thought that a "B" visa was for Business?

No, if you look at your original 1 year visa if you got it in Thailand as I did it will be noted as an O-B visa as I did, If your initial 1 year visa was gotten at a Thai embassy in the U.S. U.K. etc. it will be noted as a O-A visa.

francois
October 17th, 2021, 03:53
No, if you look at your original 1 year visa if you got it in Thailand as I did it will be noted as an O-B visa as I did, If your initial 1 year visa was gotten at a Thai embassy in the U.S. U.K. etc. it will be noted as a O-A visa.

I got my visa in Thailand and it was a Non-O Visa (retirement) which I get annual extensions.

Here is a listing of types of visas available per LA Consulate in USA; I don't see a Non0-B listed?

Visa types and purpose of visit

Visa types Category Purpose of visit
Diplomatic Visa D to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for diplomatic purposes.
Official Visa F to enter the Kingdom of Thailand for official purposes.
Transit Visa TS to transit to another country or to re-enter his/her own country
S to participate in sports activities
C the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port

Tourist Visa

TR (Single) to enter for tourism purposes
TR (Single) to enter for training (boxing, scuba diving, and yoga training) – Suspended –
STV to enter for tourism purposes (permitted to stay up to 90 days)
MT
to enter for a medical treatment at hospitals / medical facilities – Suspended –
METV to enter for tourism purpose (Multiple entries)
Non-Immigrant Visa
NON – B
to work (Working)
NON – B
to conduct business by invitation (Business)
NON – B
to work as a teacher (Teaching)
NON – IB
to conduct business as Investor through Board of Investment (BOI)
NON – ED
to study
NON – ED
to do an internship
NON – F
to perform official duties in Thailand
NON – M
to work as a film-producer
NON – M
to work as journalist or reporter
NON – O to perform duty or mission in the family of an alien.
NON – O to stay with family in Thailand
NON – O
a person who used to have Thai nationality to visit Thai relatives
NON – O to perform volunteering duties
NON – O to receive medical treatment for more than 60 days – Suspended –
NON – O to be a sport trainer as required by the Thai Government
NON – O to be a contestant or a witness for the judicial process
NON – O
to stay in Thailand after retirement (at least 50 years of age)
NON – O-A Long Stay retirement (up to 1 year) (for at least 50 years of age)
NON – O-X Long Stay retirement (up to 5 years) (for at least 50 years of age)
NON – RS to conduct scientific research / training / teaching in a research institute
NON – R
to perform religious / missionary works (single entry)
NON – RA to perform religious / missionary works (Multiple entry)
Special Entry SE Thailand Privilege Card (Elite Card) holder.
Privilege Entry PE Thailand Privilege Card (Elite Card) holder.

SMART Visa

T to enter as Highly skilled professionals
I to enter as Investors in technology-based business
E to enter as Senior executives in technology-based companies
S to enter as Technology-based startup entrepreneurs
O to enter as legal dependents of Smart Visa holders

Dodger
October 17th, 2021, 08:23
......having said that however if your plan is to travel to Thailand multiple times each year for extended periods then the Non O-A "retirement visa" may be your best option to exploit.

Great overview of the complexities of "Thai Visas".

I elected to switch from using a Tourist Visa to an O-A Retirement Visa 5 years before I actually retired which worked out extremely well.

I routinely visited Thailand twice a year for 3 month stays. This way I avoided going through the renewal process twice a year and just had to deal with an annual extension of stay. The 12 month extension of course covered both holidays I would be taking that year. This was several years before the changes involving financial verification took place, when the process was fairly simple and straight-forward.

Fortunately, when I did actually retire and move to Thailand I was able to arrange for monthly deposits of my pension (and other funds) directly into my Thai bank account - so financial verification wasn't a problem for me. As a side note: I would never have agreed to the 800k method. This seems to work out OK for some people, but it's not my cup of tea.

As far as the health Insurance mandate goes, I was able to pick up good coverage (Pacific Cross) which exceeded the minimums set by Immigration at a very reasonable cost...about 1/3rd of what it would cost in the U.S.

I met with the Commander who runs Chonburi Immigration when they first introduced this Health Insurance mandate (400k IP & 40k OP coverage) due to the tremendous amount of confusion regarding this at the time. He informed me that only O-A visa holders would be effected by this mandate at that time, although other visa categories could possibly be included down the road. I'm just saying this to caution anyone who may be in the process of evaluating these various visa categories, that having health insurance, which includes Covd coverage, could possibly be a requirement for everyone in the future.

francois
October 17th, 2021, 08:52
Dodger as you get older the cost of this insurance will increase until, at a certain age, you will no longer be eligible. I suggest you consider switching to an Non O visa and then do annual extensions. You would have to leave Thailand and return and then apply for the Non O visa and then extensions.

Dodger
October 17th, 2021, 09:30
Dodger as you get older the cost of this insurance will increase until, at a certain age, you will no longer be eligible. I suggest you consider switching to an Non O visa and then do annual extensions. You would have to leave Thailand and return and then apply for the Non O visa and then extensions.

Thanks, but the O visa just doesn't seem like a good fit for me.

I wouldn't want to be forced to leave the country every year just to maintain my visa, and Non O visa holders will almost certainly be required to carry health insurance in the future anyway.

The increase in cost of my health insurance as I get older has already been planned for, and I'm really not concerned about my eligibility going forward. A lot of scrutiny went into my selection of an insurer for this very reason, which is one reason I went with Pacific Cross.

MFAS, if you're reading this, I think they may have made a mistake when issuing your original long-stay visa. Unless you were working in Thailand at the time you should have received a Non O visa. B is for business.

Manforallseasons
October 17th, 2021, 10:06
Dodger did you get your initial 1 year visa in the U.S.? We both use the same insurance broker when the new need for insurance was mandated I was concerned as my insurance covers 1 million USD for inpatient only and the mandate states you also need outpatient coverage so I took my original passport with visa in it to our broker he showed me the Non immigrant O-B and said I was lucky I got it while in Thailand as some of his clients like yourself got it out of Thailand and only then were subject to the new mandate.

Dodger
October 17th, 2021, 12:34
Dodger did you get your initial 1 year visa in the U.S.? We both use the same insurance broker when the new need for insurance was mandated I was concerned as my insurance covers 1 million USD for inpatient only and the mandate states you also need outpatient coverage so I took my original passport with visa in it to our broker he showed me the Non immigrant O-B and said I was lucky I got it while in Thailand as some of his clients like yourself got it out of Thailand and only then were subject to the new mandate.

Yes, I obtained my initial O-A Retirement Visa while in the States.

When I first started coming to Thailand it was for business purposes and classified "B".

My policy with PC includes both In-patient and out-patient coverage (and covid) so I'm good-to-go with Immigration.

That "OB" on your visa remains a mystery. Maybe you had something else that started with "B" on your mind and just imagined it being there?

Manforallseasons
October 17th, 2021, 14:57
Yes, I obtained my initial O-A Retirement Visa while in the States.
That "OB" on your visa remains a mystery. Maybe you had something else that started with "B" on your mind and just imagined it being there?

No mystery as 3 friends here also got there initial 1yr visa at Jomtien also have 0-B……only mystery is that someone like yourself with a wealth of knowledge about everything Thai did realize you could have saved yourself some worry had you done your “retirement” visa at Jomtien.

Dodger
October 17th, 2021, 17:56
No mystery as 3 friends here also got there initial 1yr visa at Jomtien also have 0-B.

It's only a mystery because any classification with a "B" designation is for business purposes...not tourism...not retirement...business.

bkkguy
October 17th, 2021, 20:05
and of course no discussion of visa options is complete with mentioning the Elite visa - for an initial payment of just 600,000 Baht you get a 5 year multiple entry visa, each entry allows you to stay up to 12 months, executive lounge and airport transfers for all departures and arrivals, and all with no further interaction with embassies or Immigration offices, except:

- if a single stay is longer than 90 days then you still need to do a 90 day report - do online or by mail or the Elite people will do it for you for a small fee

- if a single stay is longer than 12 months then you need to do an extension of stay at Immigration in Thailand - the Elite people will help you with this

yes, I know you could do this for a tenth of that price using a NON-O or non-OA visa and extensions - I suppose it depends on how you value your time, the cost of your blood pressure meds, how much you hate dealing with embassies and Immigration offices, and of course your bank balance!

christianpfc
October 17th, 2021, 21:04
Another important point is that none of these visas granted entry during Covid. Nor did ownership of a condominium.

The O-visas are letter O, not number 0 = zero.

2lz2p
October 18th, 2021, 09:45
I got my visa in Thailand and it was a Non-O Visa (retirement) which I get annual extensions.

Here is a listing of types of visas available per LA Consulate in USA; I don't see a Non0-B listed?

I agree. To my knowledge, there is no such thing as an O-B Visa. If you Google a Thailand Non-Immigrant O-B visa, you will not get any information as the sites listing are for categories O, O-A, or B, but none for O-B.

Those obtaining a Non-Immigrant Visa in Thailand for purpose of retirement (or married/related to a Thai) are issued a Non-Immigrant O Visa. The Non-Immigrant O-A Visa i is issued only by Thai Embassies/Consulates in the applicant's country of residence - which is only available in some countries, not all.

If obtaining an annual extension of the one year stay from Pattaya Immigration, it should note the underlying Visa on which it is based. If based on retirement, it should show either Non-O or Non-OA.

Dodger
October 18th, 2021, 11:05
Another important point is that none of these visas granted entry during Covid. Nor did ownership of a condominium.

Isn't that a crock of shit!

Fortunately, I remained in-country during this pandemic, but I've often thought about what it would be like to be prevented from returning in the event that I had been traveling out-of-country.

The Thai government didn't (doesn't) show an ounce of consideration for expat retiree's when it comes to this, and our foreign embassy's remain lodged with their heads up their asses doing what they do best - and that's nothing.

If it weren't for the boys over here I'd be learning to speak Khmer.

bkkguy
October 18th, 2021, 20:00
Fortunately, I remained in-country during this pandemic, but I've often thought about what it would be like to be prevented from returning in the event that I had been traveling out-of-country.

to be fair this is not just a Thailand problem - just read the Australian press for example, there are still stories every day of the plight of Australian citizens and long term visa holders caught overseas during the pandemic and still battling to return home

Manforallseasons
October 20th, 2021, 11:28
….

Dodger
October 20th, 2021, 12:23
….

Yes, they introduced this last year.

The $3 million baht coverage they're referring to - is the U.S. $100,000 covid coverage which got added to the requirements for O-A visa holders last year. Tourists are also required to have this. This is nothing new...and I'm not even sure why Barry Kenyon wrote about this in his column this late in the game.

I had to show proof of this when I renewed my extension last month. Nothing to fret: The coverage you and I both have through AA exceeds these amounts.

Word is, that all visa holders will eventually get nailed with this. I'm not sure about you O-B guys though...you may be exempt...LOL

The concern for many expats who don't have any health insurance over here is that if they wait too long (over 70) they won't be able to get a policy. The Visa Agents will be having a field day.

Manforallseasons
October 20th, 2021, 12:41
This is not Barry Kenyon…and it is a new requirement.
https://www.thaihealth.co.th/en/non-immigrant-o-a-1-year/

Dodger
October 20th, 2021, 16:21
This is not Barry Kenyon…and it is a new requirement.
https://www.thaihealth.co.th/en/non-immigrant-o-a-1-year/

I know, I was referring to Barry's similar article in today's PattayaOne.

Ironically, my extension expired on Oct 1, 2021. I had the insurance they were looking for (as described in these articles you're reading) so there was no problem.

The reason I upgraded my policy through AA earlier this year was exactly for this reason.

They're trying to push the sales of these policies now because the flood gates are about to open, thus the reason the article you just linked us to only addresses new applicants for the O-A visa - when in fact, it applies to all holders of O-A visa's.

Wide-spread rumor has it that O-Visa holders are next on the hit parade.

I'm just going to throw this out there:

Immigration isn't necessarily thrilled with people who comply. They would much rather have people use the services of an Agent. You and I both know the reason why. Of the 16 foreign expats that reside in my building here in Bang Saray, there's only one guy, other than myself, that complies with all these requirements and walks into immigration every year to extend. The rest just go about enjoying life and let their Agents handle the rest.

TIT

Manforallseasons
October 20th, 2021, 17:51
I agree at some point all long term holders of an O visa will be required to meet the new insurance requirements and I suggest anyone with a long stay O visa makes sure their policy has no age cut off date, as time goes on many that wait to buy insurance will be unable as they will be deemed too old.

francois
October 20th, 2021, 19:47
Word is, that all visa holders will eventually get nailed with this. I'm not sure about you O-B guys though...you may be exempt...LOL

The concern for many expats who don't have any health insurance over here is that if they wait too long (over 70) they won't be able to get a policy. The Visa Agents will be having a field day.

Who is the "word"? As for those over 70 yo, everyone will eventually be over 70 yo unless they die before hand. :devilsh:

Dodger
October 21st, 2021, 10:43
Who is the "word"? As for those over 70 yo, everyone will eventually be over 70 yo unless they die before hand. :devilsh:

The "words" I'm referring to came from several sources, including the Director of Operations for a large insurance brokerage operating in Thailand, as well as a top-ranking official I spoke with at Chonburi Immigration earlier in the year. I rarely rely on what I read in the papers, or street gossip. I prefer getting information that has a direct effect on my life in Thailand directly from the source(s).

Some low-end insurance company's stop covering clients after they reach a certain age. Some of the larger and more reputable companies have no such clause and continue covering their clients typically until age 99 - which is always covered in the language of the policy (contract). Obviously, the cost of the premiums gets higher the older a person gets. No big mystery there!

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. According to Barry Kenyon, there have been arrangements made in the Thai insurance network just recently for those over 70 to secure the level of health insurance needed to comply with Immigrations latest mandate. I have no idea what the premiums cost, but know they have to be pretty high. They (Immigration) will also start accepting insurance policies from a foreigners home country to address this need.

I haven't reached 70 yet, but still had to pay more to have my policy upgraded to comply with this new mandate (>3M baht), but it's still costing my about 1/3rd of what similar coverage would cost in the U.S., so no complaints from me.

goji
October 24th, 2021, 02:10

Incidentally, any one applying for a 90 day O-visa on the e-Visa system needs to attach proof of insurance for 400,000 baht inpatient and 40,000 baht outpatient.
The insurers I have provide medical cover and don't distinguish between inpatient and outpatient cover. So we shall see how this goes with the visa application.

Dodger
October 24th, 2021, 09:09
The insurers I have provide medical cover and don't distinguish between inpatient and outpatient cover. So we shall see how this goes with the visa application.

The policy you describe should clearly describe the amount ($) of out-patient coverage you have. If it doesn't, you could have problems.

Good luck.

Oliver2
October 24th, 2021, 20:45
If our applications are rejected for this reason, I assume we will be able to find different insurance cover and resubmit. And, in general terms, l also assume, or at least hope, that an application that is rejected will include an explanation as to why.

Gaybutton
October 24th, 2021, 21:04
I agree at some point all long term holders of an O visa will be required to meet the new insurance requirements

I agree with what you say about trying to make sure of having an insurance policy that has no age cut off date. I certainly wouldn't want my insurance to be cut off as I am reaching the age at which I am more and more likely to need it.

As for what will be required for O retirement visa holders, maybe requirements will change and maybe they won't. Many have convinced themselves that they will. However, the fact remains that so far I have seen no indication whatsoever that will happen. Even if it does happen, we don't know whether requirements will be grandfathered in.

I learned a very long time ago to follow the advice of one of my old friends, a prosecution attorney in Florida: "Don't worry until you have something to worry about." That is good advice and so far from immigration there is nothing to worry about. I'll do my worrying if and when some sort of official change comes out if they start requiring something I can't comply with. I won't be losing any sleep over rumor mill predictions.

Dodger
October 25th, 2021, 08:39
If our applications are rejected for this reason, I assume we will be able to find different insurance cover and resubmit. And, in general terms, l also assume, or at least hope, that an application that is rejected will include an explanation as to why.

Personally, I'd rather do it the right way from the beginning and remove all these assumptions.

Telling ones insurance company that IP and OP coverage must be clearly described for immigration purposes should suffice. If the Company can't and won't do that, then I'd question the coverage myself and find another company..

goji
October 25th, 2021, 21:47
Personally, I'd rather do it the right way from the beginning and remove all these assumptions.

That's normally what I'd do. However, Emirates provide insurance included in the cost of the ticket.
The insurance is proven to meet Thai requirements for the covid insurance on COE, but I'd forgotten that the O-visa has different insurance requirements.

I've avoided middle Eastern airlines like Emirates in the past, but these days the choice of flights is more limited. The combination of free changes, with no limit on extensions to the trip, free insurance and sensible flight times swung the decision.
The alternatives were KLM, who would not allow a later change of flight beyond 3 months and Swiss, who had an inconvenient early morning departure from LHR.

The "free" insurance lasts for the duration of the trip, which was, I thought, a big plus.
Unfortunately, "If the trip is extended after I take the outbound flight, they cannot extend the insurance".
This is a slight blow, as it would be unwise to start with a return flight that is beyond 90 days.

goji
October 27th, 2021, 04:20
90 day O-visa received, with the "free" Emirates insurance.

Dodger
October 27th, 2021, 07:34
90 day O-visa received, with the "free" Emirates insurance.

You mentioned before that Emirates insurance has been proven to meet Thai covid requirements (U.S. $50k) - so it looks like you're all set.

Happy sailing.

Oliver2
October 27th, 2021, 14:34
Excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

francois
October 27th, 2021, 23:52
It has been posted on AesanNow that a Non-O visa (not Non O-A) can now be had in USA at a Thai consulate/embassy.

Dodger
October 28th, 2021, 08:25
It has been posted on AesanNow that a Non-O visa (not Non O-A) can now be had in USA at a Thai consulate/embassy.

This is an interesting development.

Can you please provide a "link" to the forum in AesanNow where this is being discussed.

Thanks in advance.

Armando
October 28th, 2021, 09:17
Like Dodger, I have a policy from Pacific Cross and am happy with it. However, after a couple of years I elected to opt out of the outpatient cover. The policy has a 40,000 baht excess. The premium for outpatient cover amounting to 40,000 baht was costing only fractionally less. Besides, over the last dozen or more years, I have never spent anything like 40,000 baht on outpatient treatment. So it made no sense whatever. Instead I have a separate bank account with a lot more in it specifically for any uncovered medical costs.

If Immigration decides to make OP cover essential for all retirees in future, it will cost me at least 40,000 baht for 40,000 baht of cover! Madness! I know they will not accept my bank account as the equivalent.

The basic retirement visa regulations have been in place for decades with a continuing tinkering series of add ons over the years. If ever there was a time to go back to square one and totally revise them, surely now is that time.

francois
October 28th, 2021, 09:37
This is an interesting development.

Can you please provide a "link" to the forum in AesanNow where this is being discussed.

Thanks in advance.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1236690-possible-to-convert-tourist-visa-to-non-o-ed-then-later-to-non-o-for-retirement/

ubonjoe
Star Member
ubonjoe
Global Moderators

The Thai embassy and the 3 official consulates are issuing non-o visa for retirement now.

See: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/17/nonoretirement/

The only catch is that you would need proof of the medical insurance valid for 90 days from the date of entry.

Dodger
October 28th, 2021, 11:39
https://aseannow.com/topic/1236690-possible-to-convert-tourist-visa-to-non-o-ed-then-later-to-non-o-for-retirement/

ubonjoe
Star Member
ubonjoe
Global Moderators

The Thai embassy and the 3 official consulates are issuing non-o visa for retirement now.

See: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/17/nonoretirement/

The only catch is that you would need proof of the medical insurance valid for 90 days from the date of entry.

Thanks francois, but the second link you provided brings up an error message saying "no site found".

I tried the same link provided on the AesanNow forum and it failed as well.

christianpfc
October 28th, 2021, 20:51
That's because the whole https://thaiembdc.org/ is down at the moment, but the contents can still be found in google cache (put the address into google and click on the small black triangle).