PDA

View Full Version : David Kerridge (aka Miss Kerridge) RIP

Jellybean
October 7th, 2021, 17:14
A friend in Thailand is a member of the Friends of The Venue cabaret show and sent me the following facebook message:

The Venue Cabaret & Residence is feeling sad

It is with sadness that we hear today of the passing (in the UK) of long time Pattaya stalwart and supporter of the gay scene here, David Kerridge (aka Miss Kerridge).

David was a great entertainer and starred in some fabulously camp entertainment at many Pattaya Pride events and parties.

Back in June 2019 when David retried back to the UK we were honored and privileged to be asked if The Venue would like his costumes and the 'Golden Oscars'. Thank you David.

Another one of the 'Old School' gone.

RIP David.

I offer my condolences to David's friends and family.

Andy
October 8th, 2021, 02:40
Is this the former owner of the Panorama Bar in Boyzown?

gerefan2
October 8th, 2021, 03:50
He was certainly the Farang Manager there.
Not sure whether he was an owner or not.

Manforallseasons
October 8th, 2021, 08:25
He was certainly the Farang Manager there.
Not sure whether he was an owner or not.

Way before that when Sunee was still Sunee he had a bar next to the White Knight restaurant called La Gage.

dinagam
October 8th, 2021, 08:41
Wasn't it La Cage?
After the French title La Cage aux Fôlles.

Manforallseasons
October 8th, 2021, 09:49
Wasn't it La Cage?
After the French title La Cage aux Fôlles.
Correct…my typo

Dodger
October 8th, 2021, 11:10
Way before that when Sunee was still Sunee he had a bar next to the White Knight restaurant called La Gage.

Great memory!

I was having trouble placing him until you mentioned this.

Oliver2
October 8th, 2021, 14:46
Another Boyztown/Sunee stalwart gone. more than most of us, his last few months must have been particularly dispiriting; he'd worked hard in a variety of management positions to make the gay scene fun. I particularly liked Oscar's, a well-run bar popular with expats.

catawampuscat
October 8th, 2021, 15:17
David had lost an amazing amount of weight in recent years. He managed Panorama Bar for many years and was always
cheerful and friendly. When Castro took over Panorama, they had different management.
As per Oliver’s post, I don’t believe David was involved with Oscars bar.

Patanawet
October 8th, 2021, 15:55
As per Oliver’s post, I don’t believe David was involved with Oscars bar.

David owned My Life bar, later to become Oscar's, with Terry, then with Peter.

latintopxxx
October 8th, 2021, 15:56
.....pity he died during these miserable times...probably deserved a new orleans type send off...

Oliver2
October 8th, 2021, 21:18
David was a kind guy. When he lived near (or in) Soi Suksabai, he was a valued friend to an American expat whom I knew well This man was was suffering a desperately difficult last few months due to terminal cancer and financial difficulties. David was always there for him, visiting him in hospital and arranging his funeral.

francois
October 10th, 2021, 01:06
I remember David from his appearances at Panorama but never knew he was an entertainer. RIP

Patanawet
October 10th, 2021, 16:55
Peter Wall, partner of David in Oscar's and other bars posted this:
Peter Wall
·"Many of David’s friends have asked me about funeral arrangements and flowers etc.
He planned this many weeks ago and it will be a ‘simplistic’ funeral. There will be no family and friends in attendance.
David will be cremated at 8.30am UK time on Friday 15th October and perhaps we can all take a few moments to reflect on the life of our dear friend. "

Patanawet
October 10th, 2021, 18:06
I remember David from his appearances at Panorama but never knew he was an entertainer. RIP
David never stopped entertaining, in or out of costume.

Jellybean
October 10th, 2021, 18:26
A comment by one lovely member of the Venue facebook group really touched me and I thought it was worth sharing here:

Aw, now performing at the Venue in the sky, don’t RIP, blast ‘em with Heaven, I’m in Heaven.

https://youtu.be/0QYdcHQXwdM

dinagam
October 10th, 2021, 19:15
Will there be Gays in heaven?
And dancing cheek to cheek?

Patanawet
October 11th, 2021, 01:48
Will there be Gays in heaven?

Better be or I'm not going.

Patanawet
October 11th, 2021, 01:51
I respect that David wanted to keep this modest but surely he would appreciate a memorial party later in the year when we can all be back in Pattaya.

a447
October 11th, 2021, 06:46

Dancing to a certain ABBA song, perhaps?

London68
October 17th, 2021, 03:09
David was a dear friend and will be missed by all you knew him.

scottish-guy
October 17th, 2021, 05:33
I'm extremely saddened to hear this news.

I knew David for many years - from La Cage, Oscars, Panorama and (I don't think anybody has mentioned) when he was the night manager at LCR for 2 or 3 yrs

As other have said, he was one of the 'Old School' (a former teacher in fact) of the type who would greet my party very warmly on arrival and assemble a departure panel to wave you off (not each night btw, just at the end of the holiday :D)

He was heavily involved in raising funds and organising events to benefit various HIV and Orphans charities and could rarely resist 'treating' the crowds to his Dolly Sisters drag act featuring himself and Dolly John - who I believe also passed away a few yrs ago. It was bloody horrendous to be frank but his heart was in the right place and it was for good causes. He also endeared himself by saying that my Danny La Rue impression was first-rate (which it is of course, but only the voice these days)

I believe there are still some Dolly Sisters videos on YouTube if you wish to reminisce or torture yourselves.

If I ever get back to Thailand (even though I have never been apparently, and I have no need now that I'm a happily married man) I will certainly sit at his various establishments a throw a few drinks on the ground as an homage. I don't promise not to lick them up shortly afterwards mind you

RIP David - you were a gem