PDA

View Full Version : Thailand getting back to normal for vaccinated?

Dodger
October 7th, 2021, 09:11
Below is an article describing some of the changes going on impacting vaccinated versus unvaccinated people. Nothing really new here, but it touches on some of the changes businesses can expect, in what they are now referring to as, "Covid-Free Zones".

I wouldn't be surprised if business owners didn't start expanding the sizes of their operations over time. If social distancing is here to stay, and these types of businesses have limits imposed on seating capacity, it only makes sense that some will be looking to have more square meters to seat as many customers as they did before covid - while maintaining the same profit margins.

I'd love to see a few new gogo bars open the size of some of the monsters in the past, e.g., Crazy Pub, Amigo's, Wild Wild West, Boyzboyzboyz, etc. I'm just having a wet-dream out loud.

https://pattayaone.news/thailand-life-getting-back-to-normal-but-only-if-you-are-vaccinated/

arsenal
October 7th, 2021, 10:39
"I'd love to see a few new gogo bars open the size of some of the monsters in the past..."

We had them. We lost them. The biggest loss to mankind since the fall of the Roman Empire.

Manforallseasons
October 7th, 2021, 12:40
[QUOTE=Dodger;283072] I wouldn't be surprised if business owners didn't start expanding the sizes of their operations over time. If social distancing is here to stay, and these types of businesses have limits imposed on seating capacity, it only makes sense that some will be looking to have more square meters to seat as many customers as they did before covid - while maintaining the same profit margins.

Your original post referred to this as a “wet dream” more likely a pipe dream as demand has continued to slow, larger space means larger rent, not going to happen!

goji
October 7th, 2021, 14:26
I wouldn't be surprised if business owners didn't start expanding the sizes of their operations over time. If social distancing is here to stay, and these types of businesses have limits imposed on seating capacity, it only makes sense that some will be looking to have more square meters to seat as many customers as they did before covid - while maintaining the same profit margins.

Social distancing is unlikely to be here to stay. Covid has been around less than 2 years, yet developed countries are mostly vaccinated with vaccines that cut incidence rates for severe disease by 90%, sometimes more. Even countries like Thailand are advancing rapidly with vaccination programmes.
Drug companies are developing treatments to improve matters for the remaining 10%.
Restrictions are already abolished in some countries.

Old git
October 7th, 2021, 16:27
I was in London last night - there's a refreshing degree of normality returning. People on the tube are supposed to wear masks - but only 50% do (I was counting!) on the overground there is no compulsion, but regular requests to wear masks - yet only 25% do.

Sanitiser stations are still dotted around - but I never saw anyone use one. People are back to shaking hands and otherwise interacting normally.

In other words, vox pop is now way ahead of the dead hand of authority.

Given that in the LoS, rules are only to be observed if you can't get away with breaking them, I reckon that any new rules on distancing or having vaccination paperwork in bars etc. will very quickly be ignored..

Gaybutton
October 7th, 2021, 18:20
I suppose it depends on one's concept of "normal". Whatever happens over the next several months, perhaps over the next year - that will be what is normal.

Oliver2
October 11th, 2021, 16:34
Sorry to rain on Old Git's parade but I use the Victoria Line once a week....one of the busiest lines on the Underground... and my impression is very different. I'd guess 80% take the precaution. Including me. I also us the Overground where I'd put compliance at well over 60%. I travel in the afternoon; the evenings (when God-fearing people like me are asleep in bed!) may be different.
Sainsbury's. an hour ago, was much the same.