PDA

View Full Version : New Day-Night Hotel Pattaya

August 17th, 2006, 23:21
Has anyone stayed at this Hotel recently? If so, could they post any information about it that might help me to decide whether or not to book it for a couple of nights in December. Apparently it's in a good location. The two "critiques" I have read on their website offer some information. A Russian did not like the breakfast. Rooms apparently not the best but value for money. Perhaps the DeLuxe room might be worth the extra? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

bigben
August 18th, 2006, 09:59
Unfortunately Day/Night 1 and Day/Night 2 which is on the next soi over behind TUK.COM center, are owned by a Thai/Chinese family and in my experience are unresponsive to any complaints from Farangs.

A few months back I booked a room for a couple of friends from Bkk. When they arrived with their Boys and checked in, one noticed the A/C wasn’t cooling properly. After a request to have it fixed which resulted in the maintenance guy believing the A/C was fine because the fan worked my friend asked for another room.

The staff developed the “deer in the headlight look” and he was unsuccessful. He then had his boy talk to the owner who hides in the back room behind the front counter area (Older Thai-Chinese lady) who was totally uncaring and apparently spoke down to my boy. This is so common between the Hi-So Thai-Chinese and normal Thais. It is some type of culture thing that I don’t understand.

Long story short, he was refused a refund and the one couple booked at another hotel in the area.

This establishment also tends to book countless Chinese tourists and explains the parking lots full of buses. They take care of their own, but seem not to worry about customer relations much if you are a Farang or gay????

Agreed that the location is great if you are into the Sunee Plaza or Boyz town scene, and don’t mind being treated like Dog poo-poo should you have a minor request or complaint.

Not sure why they are billing it as the NEW Day/Night unless they consider a quick exterior paint job as making the place new. TiT.

August 18th, 2006, 10:27
DELETED