View Full Version : Spillover from Tales of the Dragon

GWMinUS
September 4th, 2021, 10:33
HUMMM what a Positive Outlook...
More reason to not let people have guns!!

arsenal
September 4th, 2021, 14:09
"HUMMM what a Positive Outlook...
More reason to not let people have guns!!"

Eh?

GWMinUS
September 5th, 2021, 10:53
"I can't understand why they don't simply go into a locked room with a gun and end it because I think that is definitely preferable to incarceration."

GUNS GUNS GUNS

arsenal
September 5th, 2021, 13:26
I think everyone else understood my point. If you'd prefer to spend 25 years in prison with all the comforts it brings then knock yourself out.

dinagam
September 5th, 2021, 16:26
No need for guns.
Just arrange for a hitman to wring the neck of the intended victims. The coroner will simply attribute the death to suicide. The janitor will not have to deal with blood and brain matters at the scene of the crime.

christianpfc
September 6th, 2021, 20:15
...very very long sentences. I can't understand why they don't simply go into a locked room with a gun and end it because I think that is definitely preferable to incarceration.
Once you are in captivity, I guess it's very difficult to perform a decent suicide (i.e. fast and without pain). Even in freedom, not many options. All OTC medicine is reasonably safe (you can even die from too much salt, but that's a painful, long, messy process, and when discovered they will bring you back to life). Guns might be available to the average citizen in the US, but not elsewhere. Jumping from a high building takes a lot of guts and inconveniences others.

(Split the thread: How to commit suicide?)

francois
September 7th, 2021, 04:27
Once you are in captivity, I guess it's very difficult to perform a decent suicide (i.e. fast and without pain).

Hanging is quiet efficient. I have seen videos of people hanging themselves and they don't seem to be suffering and die rather quickly.

latintopxxx
September 7th, 2021, 11:23
sleeping pills...lots of them...morbid topic btw...

arsenal
September 7th, 2021, 13:53
Suicide and the methods used was never the topic latin. The topic was suicide verses a decades plus long period of imprisonment for which I would choose to go and meet St Peter.

christianpfc
September 7th, 2021, 20:30
sleeping pills...lots of them...morbid topic btw...

AFAIK, modern sleeping pills are safe, meaning it's difficult or impossible to commit suicide with an overdose.

francois
September 7th, 2021, 21:45
Suicide and the methods used was never the topic latin. The topic was suicide verses a decades plus long period of imprisonment for which I would choose to go and meet St Peter.

Perhaps in your case Arsenal, you would be meeting St.Lucifer? :devilsh:

arsenal
September 7th, 2021, 23:46
See you there. I'll bring the cheese and you bring the wine.

Brad the Impala
September 9th, 2021, 04:14
Hanging is quiet efficient. I have seen videos of people hanging themselves and they don't seem to be suffering and die rather quickly.

Not just one video, but multiple videos of watching people die by hanging! That's a bit concerning. I would walk a mile to avoid watching that, even once!

francois
September 9th, 2021, 06:57
Not just one video, but multiple videos of watching people die by hanging! That's a bit concerning. I would walk a mile to avoid watching that, even once!

I believe it was two videos; both were suicides where the persons video taped themselves.

Jellybean
September 9th, 2021, 22:17
I believe it was two videos; both were suicides where the persons video taped themselves.

On the subject of suicide, members may be interested to know that tomorrow, September 10th, 2021, is World Suicide Prevention Day.

World Suicide Prevention Day 2021

One in every 100 deaths worldwide is the result of suicide. It can affect every one of us. Each and every suicide is devastating and has a profound impact on those around them. However, by raising awareness, reducing the stigma around suicide and encouraging well-informed action, we can reduce instances of suicide around the world. World Suicide Prevention Day is an opportunity to raise awareness of suicide and to promote action through proven means that will reduce the number of suicides and suicide attempts globally . . .

Source: The International Association for Suicide Prevention (https://www.iasp.info/wspd2021/)

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2021, 01:04

You'd have to wonder why as it's not like they were going to be able to watch the videos later ! :)

francois
September 10th, 2021, 02:40
You'd have to wonder why as it's not like they were going to be able to watch the videos later ! :)

Perhaps they wished to document it was a suicide and not a murder? In one case the person was doing a live broadcast and his friends called the police but they arrive too late. Or maybe this was their 15 minutes of fame?

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2021, 03:01
Perhaps they wished to document it was a suicide and not a murder?

Thats a very assute assumption, although my money is either on your second thought there OR they WANTED people to watch it and feel hurt perhaps - but who knows, the trouble is when people carry out such things their mind is rarely in any 'normal" state of thinking straight of course :-(

NitNoi
September 10th, 2021, 09:13
For detailed advice and comparison of suicide methods, "The Peaceful Pill Handbook" (Amazon $95 or free from KAT) is an interesting read. Written by Australia's Dr Death.

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2021, 15:29
And you're posting THAT info on World Suicide prevention day !? Someone obviously didn't get the memo.

christianpfc
September 13th, 2021, 22:13
(Amazon $95 or free from KAT)
What is KAT?

NitNoi
September 14th, 2021, 09:14
Kick Ass Torrents.
A competitor to The Pirate Bay