View Full Version : Pattaya's Light Reopening - Sept 1

Dodger
August 31st, 2021, 09:22
Below is an article from PattayOne (not my favorite newspaper) outlining the lifting of some lockdown restrictions in Pattaya tomorrow (Sept 1).

It says eateries can reopen as long as they practice safe distancing, but that also the staff AND CUSTOMERS must be fully vaccinated or have passed tests. I'm sure this requirement won't confuse anyone...LOL.

Massage parlors will apparently also be permitted to reopen - but they can only massage your feet. So when the boy goes to start rubbing your cock make sure nobody's looking. If by chance someone walks by - just push his hands (or his mouth) down to your feet.

https://pattayaone.news/lets-get-ready-to-start-reopening-up/

Manforallseasons
August 31st, 2021, 14:28
No jabs needed for dining in: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2173611/no-jabs-needed-for-dining-in

Dodger
August 31st, 2021, 15:42
No jabs needed for dining in: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2173611/no-jabs-needed-for-dining-in

Thanks for the update.

At least they've removed the restaurant vaccination requirements.

But they're still saying that no walk-ins will be allowed in beauty shops and barber shops. I guess we'll have to crawl in - because these places don't take appointments, nor is anyone going to bother with this nonsense.

Remember, foot massages only. If you want the boy to suck your cock just ask him to get on top of you in the 69 position. This way he can suck your cock and rub your feet at the same time.

Patanawet
August 31st, 2021, 16:08
But they're still saying that no walk-ins will be allowed in beauty shops and barber shops.
Really? I thought I'd read that barbers were OK as long as the procedure didn't exceed one hour.
Maybe I dreamt it.

Dodger
August 31st, 2021, 16:29
Really? I thought I'd read that barbers were OK as long as the procedure didn't exceed one hour.
Maybe I dreamt it.

You're reading the wrong newspaper (there're so many). The Royal Gazette is gospel.

Could you imagine the police standing outside a barber shop holding a stop watch...LOL

dinagam
August 31st, 2021, 16:41
This is something that the authorities rightly suspect is happening from time to time at the barbers.

gerefan2
August 31st, 2021, 22:36
Could you imagine the police standing outside a barber shop holding a stop watch...LOL

How many of us need more than 5 or 10 minutes for a haircut nowadays? I bet some never even go!

Manforallseasons
September 1st, 2021, 16:21
Out and about today in Pattaya. Went for lunch with friends in a local restaurant everything normal, continued on to my barber he was full with customers he asked if I could please come back tomorrow afternoon, went on to Central Festival where everything was open and for a weekday was very busy with so many escaping cabin fever.
Bars remain closed and curfew still in place 9PM-4AM.

goji
September 2nd, 2021, 00:31
how many of us need more than 5 or 10 minutes for a haircut nowadays? I bet some never even go!
Mature people sometimes have hair.....

And the beard trim.....

Whichever it is, including the colouring, MFAS could be in there for the whole hour....

[Disclaimer: Not everyone in these pictures is guaranteed to be alive, or even have real hair]

Ruthrieston
September 2nd, 2021, 07:54
Great to read about things opening up in Pattaya, thankyou Manforallseasons. I am still a little nervous and keeping to myself in my condo for another week or so keeping an eye on the infections numbers before I venture out again. But I am so looking forward to going to Central Festival again and eating in a restaurant.

a447
September 2nd, 2021, 13:27
I hope Fuji Japanese restaurant has survived.

Their food is the closest you'll get to the real thing outside of Japan.

Dodger
September 2nd, 2021, 14:47
I hope Fuji Japanese restaurant has survived.

Their food is the closest you'll get to the real thing outside of Japan.

I plan to visit Big C in Pattaya tomorrow and will let you know if the Fuji there is still in action.

Jai and I love the smoked tuna salad they serve with wasabi (my favorite).

arsenal
September 2nd, 2021, 16:18
I love Fuji. I used to buy a couple of donuts and have a coffee in the little coffee shop to the side of the mall entrance afterwards. And the motorbike ride home along Beach Road wasn't bad either. There's no reason it hasn't survived a447, it's a large chain and not reliant on tourists..
Fuck I Miss Pattaya.

Dodger
September 2nd, 2021, 18:07
The talk-of-the-town has been the new Taco Bell by Royal Garden.

Too many more of these fast-food eateries from the West and our beloved slim Thai boys are going to be sporting pot bellies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMWxTf8E9z4

a447
September 2nd, 2021, 18:16
As a bit of a shopaholic I thought I was in heaven when I first went to
Central Festival.

As it turned out, there wasn't a lot that interested me, but I loved all the restaurants.

My friend and I had a set routine. We'd go there for dinner every night - Fuji was his favourite - and then wander over to Starbucks when we sat and chatted for an hour or so before going back to the hotel.

Holding a conversation with him for so long every night over coffee was easy, as he has an impressive general knowledge and a wide variety of interests. His English is also fantastic.

I miss those times in Pattaya so much!

snotface
September 2nd, 2021, 20:02
I was in Central today and as MFAS says it's quite busy after the reopening. I had five chores to do: buy a new kettle, alarm clock, vests, pens and breakfast cereal, all duly ticked off one by one. I expect you were dying to know that. I hardly ever eat there. There was a Lebanese restaurant I liked, now gone; also a Turkish one, gone too I think. Empty premises are not an uncommon sight in present-day Pattaya. As for Japanese food, no thanks, yuk, yuk and thrice yuk. I don't particularly want to live to be a hundred anyway. I returned home with my bag of goodies and a great sense of accomplishment. My life as a not-quite-as-sprightly-as-I-was expat resembles what is often said about army life in wartime: long periods of not doing much interspersed with moments of extreme excitement.

Oliver2
September 3rd, 2021, 14:50
The best thing about Central is its restaurants....Fuji, MK are our favourites, though I was disappointed that the latter's 20.00 dance wasn't performed for us last time. I loved the contrast between the slightly-shy guys and the wholehearted enthusiasm of the girls. MK's duck is the best I've had anywhere in Thailand.

However, Central's restaurant selection is outshone by that of Terminus 21, which has two (perhaps "had" may be more accurate) high-class Thai places which served dishes I've seen nowhere else in Pattaya. Apart perhaps from the old PIC Kitchen in Second Road.

a447
September 3rd, 2021, 16:28
Ah, MK. How could I have forgotten?

I agree with you, Oliver. It's awesome - even if you have to line up to get in.