PDA

View Full Version : So Canadians can SWEAR Matt ?! Well, I for one am shocked ! So when did Canadians stop being so nice then eh ?! :-)

Nirish guy
August 28th, 2021, 18:01
"Justin Trudeau has been forced to cancel an election rally after a crowd of angry protesters ambushed the event.

Dozens of protesters gathered at the rally and shouted obscenities before Mr Trudeau could speak."

Well, I'm shocked, I can only assume that they all got a grip of themselves and all apologised ( a lot and repeatedly ) afterwards ! :-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58364742

a447
August 28th, 2021, 19:05
Justin's mum could also swear - enough to make a sailor blush, so I believe.

I don't know much about Canada and its politics but I do remember the time when Justin's mother, Margaret, caused a sensation when she flew into Tokyo to grace the sofa at a night club. She was paid a rather large sum of money to just sit there and pose. She left for home the next day, as I recall.

The Japanese press had a field day with the story, as nobody could believe that a Prime Minister's wife would go to a nightclub. Personally, I didn't see what the fuss was all about.

In spite of everything, Justin seems to have turned out OK.

cdnmatt
August 28th, 2021, 20:56
And if you really piss us off, we'll even go as far as to write an angry letter. :)

Yeah, apparently Trudeau called another election. He got the vaccines out in shorter time than promised, gave everyone a bunch of money during the pandemic (not me, I don't qualify), so figured now would be a good time to secure another election win.

Who knows, Canadians aren't overly political. For example, you know how Americans love to talk about their constitution and won't shut up about it? Apparently Canada has a consitution too. We don't really know what it says, but everything seems to be going fine, and if there's ever a problem we'll take a look at it, but all seems well right now. We're more like that.

Bonus points if anyone knows where I got the above joke from.