PDA

View Full Version : Any chance the board could enable a wider range of "like" options ? ( Moses)

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2021, 18:07
VNMAN said - "I agree with Nirish guy, there should be more "like" options. I would have given this one a :D"

So, about that ( Moses) and on a recent post I had pressed "like" button forgetting what board I was on and so expecting to see the usual range of "like" options available to select from, such as a simple "like" or perhaps the smiley face, laughing or heart / love, sad emoji options etc ( as we can see on many other chat / facebook platforms etc now).

So just wondering ( Moses) if that choice option is available to you on this platform to you and if so and it's perhaps a simple "turn on" button for you / the Admin's then is that something you'd maybe activate perhaps in order to give us all a slightly wider range of "like" display options rather than just our current a simple "like", which sometimes depending on the post doesn't always exactly fit the intended reaction perhaps.

( Example I recently "liked" a post about people needing emergency Covid treatment in the Philippines and whilst of course I wasn't "|liking" that issue I was showing a like re the poster uploading the video and bringing it to our attention and in that case a "sad" emoji would have suited much better than a simple "like" perhaps)

What do you think Moses ? Doable or not ??

Tks

goji
August 8th, 2021, 15:32
How about this one as well ?

Nirish guy
August 8th, 2021, 18:50
Which means what ??

goji
August 8th, 2021, 20:02
I think it's one tentacle per handle, so the emoji for hydra. Perhaps a centipede might be a better symbol for certain users.

gerefan2
August 8th, 2021, 23:30
Perhaps a centipede might be a better symbol for certain users.

Creepy emoji goji!

Nirish guy
August 10th, 2021, 16:52
RUSSIA IS SHIT !!!!!

OK, so, now that I got your attention Moses lol ( that was a JOKE by the way) .....this is just a bump post so my original post / question doesn't disappear unanswered when you get the time some day :-)

Moses
August 11th, 2021, 00:29
Fuck you!
It is also joke.

I told many times already: for to make here some changes you should have "on hands" or have to know where to download plug-in for vBulletin v.4.2.5 what is able to do requested task. If you have no such plug-in then forget about this "idea". I'm not a programmer.

Nirish guy
August 11th, 2021, 05:00
Ok, no problem, thanks for the reply re that.

PS Fuck you too.

( this is also a joke ;-)

mr giggles
August 11th, 2021, 11:54
And could we also have an emoji/image for those who lie or make accusations with no evidence and no basis in fact?
(see suggested attachment )

Andy
August 17th, 2021, 03:43
Hi guys! I need some help here. It's something wrong with my account so i even can't enter to my own profile and can't semd any PM. Could moderator (Moses) help me with that?

Moses
August 17th, 2021, 23:01
Hi guys! I need some help here. It's something wrong with my account so i even can't enter to my own profile and can't semd any PM. Could moderator (Moses) help me with that?

You should get member status at first for such options. Now you are newbie with limited set of options - precautions against spammers. Post more, receive some reputation and forum will promote you to member status.

goji
August 17th, 2021, 23:51
You should get member status at first for such options. Now you are newbie with limited set of options - precautions against spammers. Post more, receive some reputation and forum will promote you to member status.
A good policy.

Andy
August 18th, 2021, 02:44
That's a very strange policy because I even can not access to my own profile to make any settings.... How many messages do I have to post to become a member?

Jellybean
August 18th, 2021, 04:37
That's a very strange policy because I even can not access to my own profile to make any settings.... How many messages do I have to post to become a member?

I have just approved your third post, Andy. All new members have their first five posts vetted before they appear on the forum. This is necessary to protect the membership from: spam, hydras/clones, toxic IP address, "bad" email domain, either posted on the forums or by private message (PM). Another few posts and you’ll soon be able to ‘fly’ solo. I note that the computer has already changed your status from Newbie to Junior member.

mr giggles
August 18th, 2021, 06:47
Andy, welcome to the board..unfortunately populated by many bitter old queens....
Hope you find what you need here but I will need to quote the former poster Rush (again), to let you know what to expect..
Good Luck in the snake pit!

'the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful they’ll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (that’d be by responding post #5) they’ll be accused of being someone they never heard of; someone else will abusively tell them to use the search function; some old disgruntled Pattaya expat will tell them they will be ripped off, left with blue balls, and spat upon; and one of the bar owners in Pattaya will use their post as an excuse to promote his bar....'

gerefan2
August 18th, 2021, 07:38
Andy im sure many members will advise you to read up about the Ignore button.

Post #15 explains all!

mr giggles
August 18th, 2021, 07:51
Post #15 explains all!

Agreed!

Andy
August 18th, 2021, 13:26
Thank you for explanations! Being away from Thailand for more than one year already I just try to find some Thai-mood over here )

goji
August 18th, 2021, 13:57
This is necessary to protect the membership from: spam, hydras/clones

Good intent. Is this a Frequent problem ?

christianpfc
September 2nd, 2021, 21:08
Found this recently and it fits the subject: