PDA

View Full Version : No need to worry about Covid-19

billyhouston
July 28th, 2021, 15:47
The Prime Minister is quite clear:

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has estimated the intense Covid-19 situation will affect the country for the next two to three weeks or four weeks at most, said Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha."

Bangkok Post 28 July

cdnmatt
July 28th, 2021, 15:58
Is he going to start telling people to just drink some bleach and shove a UV light up their ass as well?

goji
July 28th, 2021, 17:23
The Prime Minister is quite clear:

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has estimated the intense Covid-19 situation will affect the country for the next two to three weeks or four weeks at most, said Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha."

Bangkok Post 28 July

Remarkable. I wonder what is the basis for that estimate ?

One would think it either needs a very strict and complete lockdown, which isn't happening, or even less likely, vaccinate 90% of the population with a decent vaccine within a week or so.
All about as probable as someone placing the Thai flag on the moon next month.

vnman
July 28th, 2021, 17:44
Remarkable. I wonder what is the basis for that estimate ?

One would think it either needs a very strict and complete lockdown, which isn't happening, or even less likely, vaccinate 90% of the population with a decent vaccine within a week or so.
All about as probable as someone placing the Thai flag on the moon next month.

Political science!

Dodger
July 28th, 2021, 17:53
Ya gotta luv it...

"People need to know clearly where we stand on this":

"For the next two to three weeks or four weeks, or maybe five to six weeks or so, but certainly not more that 12 to 18 weeks or 127 weeks at the most".

What's really scary is that this guy used to be a General.

dinagam
July 28th, 2021, 18:39
His optimism is partly due to a new method of funerary practice introduced by the temples.

Dodger
July 28th, 2021, 19:07
Inspired by Henry Ford no doubt.

Dodger
July 28th, 2021, 19:39
I still can't decide.

goji
July 28th, 2021, 23:08
They have well and truly lost the plot at that crematorium.

A conveyor might just make some sense if it allows continuous flow, like in a steel works, however I think the incinerator is the bottleneck in this process.

So the people have to lift the coffin onto the conveyor, then lift it off at the other end ?
So it saves them carrying it up the steps ?

Wearing disposable gloves is all they need.

Uranus
July 28th, 2021, 23:29
Sounds like Trump and Bolsonaro.

billyhouston
July 29th, 2021, 14:45
Whoops sorry; change of mind:

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha hopes the Covid-19 situation in the country will ease in the next four to six weeks, a source said, amid public concerns over a rise in daily coronavirus cases.

"I hope the situation will improve in the next four to six weeks based on the current medical evidence," the source quoted Gen Prayut saying during an online meeting as the infection rate set another daily record of 16,533 new cases, along with 133 fatalities on Wednesday."

Bangkok Post 29 July

as a new record is set of 17,669 new cases and 165 deaths.

goji
July 29th, 2021, 15:26
There is quite a difference between saying what he "hopes" will happen and what he "estimates" will happen.

Dodger
July 29th, 2021, 15:56
"I hope the situation will improve in the next four to six weeks......

Thank God! The Kingdom can now feel secure, because the PM is hoping things will improve in four to six weeks.

I was hoping he'd be hoping for something less - but, what the heck, he could have been hoping for ten to twelve weeks.