PDA

View Full Version : Covid in Malta (and other countries)

cdnmatt
July 25th, 2021, 10:10
15,335 today.

Fuck it, I think I'm going to move to Malta for a while. Sick and tired of Canada, Malta is awesome as I lived there before for 6 months, and excellent country. I'll go hang out there while I wait for Covid to finish wreaking havoc on Asia, then continue on to Vientiane.

Manforallseasons
July 25th, 2021, 16:59
15,335 today.

Fuck it, I think I'm going to move to Malta for a while. Sick and tired of Canada, Malta is awesome as I lived there before for 6 months, and excellent country.

Oh no! Not another tale.

Uranus
July 26th, 2021, 15:18
Total new Covid cases per 100K population last 14 days:
Malta 588.8
Thailand 230.1

latintopxxx
July 28th, 2021, 03:19
can you believe the Thai figures??? Malta only has like a dozen people...easy to test everyone +their dog and canary...

cdnmatt
July 28th, 2021, 04:18
Total new Covid cases per 100K population last 14 days:
Malta 588.8
Thailand 230.1

Malta does literally about 22 times the number of tests. 2.4 million per 1 million population versus Thailand at 116k per one million.

Besides, they're opening the borders there. Plus it's about half the cost of living in Canada, plus it's a really cool little country. I'm sure it's changed quite a bit in 15 years since I was last there, but still....

Besides, I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that we're probably all going to get Covid at some point. I have my two shots of Modurna, so hopefully I'll just be able to sleep it off in bed for a couple days, then be back at life.

Armando
July 28th, 2021, 11:50
plus it's a really cool little country. I'm sure it's changed quite a bit in 15 years since I was last there, but still....
i'm sure it has. I was there three times from the mid-1970s, once at the Villa Rosa which was virtually isolated then, and twice on the lovely island of Gozo. When I went back in 2001, there had been so much building I could not recognise either of the islands.

cdnmatt
July 28th, 2021, 13:28
i'm sure it has. I was there three times from the mid-1970s, once at the Villa Rosa which was virtually isolated then, and twice on the lovely island of Gozo. When I went back in 2001, there had been so much building I could not recognise either of the islands.

Either way it turns out, I figure it's still worth it. I put it in my mind I won't be getting to Asia until Q3 of 2022, and that's probably at the earliest.

All considering, Malta seems like a good choice to go hang out for a while as I wait for Asia to open up. Plus I get 6 months without any issue or hassle. Stamped in for 90 days at the airport, extendable by another 90 days within country.

latintopxxx
July 30th, 2021, 15:34
...bit tiresome...