PDA

View Full Version : Look on the Bright Side….Die of Covid and Get Cremated Free!!!

Manforallseasons
July 26th, 2021, 00:37
https://pattayaone.news/thailand-offering-free-cremation-services-for-covid-19-victims/

Over 590 temples throughout Thailand are offering free cremation services for those who die from COVID-19, as the national death toll steadily rises, said Prime Minister’s Office Minister Anucha Nakasai today (Sunday).

These include 62 temples in Bangkok, 124 temples in and around the capital and 407 in the rest of the country.

Many temples in and around the capital are currently overwhelmed with cadavers waiting to be cremated and some crematoria have broken down or collapsed due to overheating.

goji
July 26th, 2021, 00:56
Thankfully, Thailand seems to have a crematorium in almost every reasonable sized temple complex, as typically may be found in or around small towns.
Whilst there is a report of one collapsing, I'd hope most would be better built. There is enough evidence around to show that it's possible to build incinerators that operate 24-7.

gerefan2
July 26th, 2021, 03:09
Whats the problem??

The death rate is just over 100 per day. There are nearly 600 temples offering free funerals, so on average that’s ONE extra funeral per temple every 6 days in the whole of Thailand.

Even if they all died in BKK (which they don’t ) then with nearly 190 temples in and around the city offering free funerals that is only one extra funeral every two days per temple.

And that’s just the ones offering free funerals!

MFAS...you really must ditch these Pattaya local rags.

Manforallseasons
July 26th, 2021, 10:12
Whats the problem??

The death rate is just over 100 per day. There are nearly 600 temples offering free funerals, so on average that’s ONE extra funeral per temple every 6 days in the whole of Thailand.

Even if they all died in BKK (which they don’t ) then with nearly 190 temples in and around the city offering free funerals that is only one extra funeral every two days per temple.

And that’s just the ones offering free funerals!

MFAS...you really must ditch these Pattaya local rags.

I guess you consider the Bangkok Post a rag too: https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/2149671/covid-stretching-crematoriums-beyond-capacity

Dodger
July 26th, 2021, 11:59
I can see it now:

All the "Balloon Chasers" will stop wearing masks.

LOL......

gerefan2
July 26th, 2021, 15:27
I guess you consider the Bangkok Post a rag too: https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/2149671/covid-stretching-crematoriums-beyond-capacity
If they write nonsense ...yes

goji
July 26th, 2021, 16:37
Extract from the Bangkok post article referred to above:

"Asst Prof Dr Smith Srisont, the forensic medicine staff at Mahidol University's Ramathibodi Hospital and president of the Forensic Physician Association of Thailand, said only some temples are bearing the burden of cremation because many others have turned away those who died of Covid-19 out of concern over contamination."

If true, that would be a disgrace. Taking money off their followers for decades, then allegedly refusing to handle the cremation. Such fear would have no scientific basis, since the heat would kill off any virus and disposable gloves should eliminate any handling risk.

francois
July 27th, 2021, 03:38
As long as the corpse are not breathing, then not contagious! But those last responders such as pathologists and funeral directors can be at risk.

Captain Swing
July 27th, 2021, 07:04
On the Facebook page of a Thai former friend I saw a short video of a coffin being loaded into a crematorium. The 3 or 4 attendants were all wearing white protective disposable suits (Hazmat suits?--probably not?). I was somewhat amused at the incongruity of seeing them strip off the suits after the casket was safely inside and see they were wearing orange monk's robes underneath. One of them wadded up the suit and threw it into the oven on top of the casket to dispose of it.

Uranus
July 27th, 2021, 14:17
“ As long as the corpse are not breathing”

If it’s breathing, it’s not a corpse.

goji
July 27th, 2021, 14:34
I do get the impression that the fear of coronavirus and resulting precautions sometimes go far beyond what is rational in Thailand.

I understand the corpse for Thai covid victims is bagged, so whoever places it in the coffin is already at low risk.
After that, they could clean up the handles with alcohol or soap and it would be perfectly safe to handle without wearing any protective gear.

There are other examples of excessive precautions. For instance, most Thai hand sanitizer gel dispensers are either automatic or foot operated. The foot operation is superfluous, as in the second or so in between touching the dispenser and spreading the alcohol gel onto the part of the hand that just touched it, no one is going to catch covid. There are many designs of the foot operated dispensers. With some designs, the metal bracket hides the pump outlet, so if not paying attention, the gel can miss your hands and ejaculate onto your clothing.

Manforallseasons
July 27th, 2021, 14:35

That is a matter of opinion as I have lived in Thailand a long time I’ve met a fair amount of living, breathing corpses.

Dodger
July 27th, 2021, 15:04

...... if not paying attention, the gel can miss your hands and ejaculate onto your clothing.

It's best to be naked when attempting this.

gerefan2
July 27th, 2021, 15:16
I do get the impression that the fear of coronavirus and resulting precautions sometimes go far beyond what is rational in Thailand..

Not only in Thailand. When the world looks back at this it will shake with horror at some of the unnecessary economic disasters it has caused.

francois
July 28th, 2021, 05:38

Really, I never knew that!:devilsh:

latintopxxx
July 28th, 2021, 10:12
...very adams family..

francois
July 28th, 2021, 21:39
I saw a video of the Walking Dead; are they corpses or do they breathe or both?

christianpfc
July 29th, 2021, 23:11
Whats the problem??

It's a publicity stunt. Mortality is maybe 10% higher than usual. Part of that is offset by lower numbers of death by road accidents (during the current lockdown, on average 20 fewer death by road accidents than usually, richardbarrow).

Calculation something like: normally, 1000 people die in Thailand every day, now there are an additional 100 Covid death and 20 fewer road accident deaths, making 1080 death per day. And someone constructs overwhelmed crematoria from that surge!

There are other examples of excessive precautions. For instance, most Thai hand sanitizer gel dispensers are either automatic or foot operated. The foot operation is superfluous, as in the second or so in between touching the dispenser and spreading the alcohol gel onto the part of the hand that just touched it, no one is going to catch covid. There are many designs of the foot operated dispensers. With some designs, the metal bracket hides the pump outlet, so if not paying attention, the gel can miss your hands and ejaculate onto your clothing.
I prefer foot operated or automatic, because I can put both hands under the dispenser.