PDA

View Full Version : Good News For Expats 60+ Vaccine!

Manforallseasons
July 10th, 2021, 10:17
….

Manforallseasons
July 10th, 2021, 10:50
Before going to Bang Sue…call the hotline number to preregister 027922333
Bring your passport and a Pen
The vaccine is free!

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 11:04
Getting through the roadblocks which are apparently going into effect today, could be a real challenge.

Wouldn't it be great to travel to Bang Sue from Pattaya - get the vaccine - and then not be allowed to leave Bangkok and get quarantined.

See PM

goji
July 10th, 2021, 16:16
Wouldn't it be great to travel to Bang Sue from Pattaya - get the vaccine - and then not be allowed to leave Bangkok and get quarantined.

Surely a medical appointment would be a good reason to get through the road block ?

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 16:38
Surely a medical appointment would be a good reason to get through the road block ?

You would think so, but this being Thailand, who the hell knows.

Patanawet
July 10th, 2021, 17:31
Getting through the roadblocks which are apparently going into effect today, could be a real challenge.

Dodger, aren't the roadblocks from Monday?
I'm going to try tomorrow -- by subway:)

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 18:47
Dodger, aren't the roadblocks from Monday? I'm going to try tomorrow -- by subway:)

If you reside in Bangkok you shouldn't have any problem.

Yes, roadblocks will apparently be in place on Monday.

Are you sure the Vaccine Center at the Station will be operating tomorrow (Sunday)?

Patanawet
July 11th, 2021, 00:07
Are you sure the Vaccine Center at the Station will be operating tomorrow (Sunday)?

Oh, that's a thought. I'll try the phone number first.

Dodger
July 11th, 2021, 09:44
Oh, that's a thought. I'll try the phone number first.

I'm still not getting any answer.

Did you make the trip?

Patanawet
July 11th, 2021, 12:51
No postponed to tomorrow -- then the other half will then accompany me in case I need translation help.
Yes, strange response from the phone number -- just one beep and it cuts off. No ringing, engaged or unobtainable tone.

Dodger
July 11th, 2021, 13:50
No postponed to tomorrow -- then the other half will then accompany me in case I need translation help.
Yes, strange response from the phone number -- just one beep and it cuts off. No ringing, engaged or unobtainable tone.

Same - same, no answer.

If you could obtain the following information during your visit it would be greatly appreciated:

Do they main safe-distancing in the Station - or is it a close-contact mob?
Will they give the vaccine to those in their sixties?
Were there any police roadblocks (either direction)?
If so, did they ask for any documentation to prove your purpose for going to the Station?

Also, in case you didn't think of it; You may want to wear 2 masks - it's proven to be more effective. You may also want to carry a small bottle of spray disinfectant to use during your adventure. And, MFAS advised to take a pen...and of course your passport.

Good luck...and if we don't hear back from you, we won't go...LOL

Patanawet
July 11th, 2021, 16:16
Dodger, I'll take note of your advice.
I won't be able to comment on traffic because I'll go there directly on the Blue Line subway.

Interesting that, reported today, England is considering shortening the gap between jabs to 4 weeks.

francois
July 11th, 2021, 17:21
Some friends went today for the vaccine. Those 75 or older received it. Those under 75 did not receive it.

Dodger
July 11th, 2021, 17:34
Some friends went today for the vaccine. Those 75 or older received it. Those under 75 did not receive it.

Thanks francois.

That takes all of the guess work out if this for me.

A disadvantage of retiring a bit early. Now I'll probably get the virus and die before I reach 70 - and my older friends will be partying their asses off with the Boys. Go figure!.

Manforallseasons
July 11th, 2021, 19:24

Re: Good News For Expats 60+ Vaccine!
Before going to Bang Sue…call the hotline number to preregister 027922333
Bring your passport and a Pen
The vaccine is free!

Did they miss the part about preregistration?

goji
July 11th, 2021, 19:55
Google lens translation:

Up2U
July 11th, 2021, 21:10
I've called that number 10 times the last 2 days. You get a message in Thai and then hangs up.

Manforallseasons
July 12th, 2021, 21:23
Now 60+ can register on 4 different numbers for jabs beginning July 18!
https://pattayaone.news/over-60-can-now-register-with-mobile-operators-for-covid-19-jab/

Dodger
July 13th, 2021, 09:29
Now 60+ can register on 4 different numbers for jabs beginning July 18!
https://pattayaone.news/over-60-can-now-register-with-mobile-operators-for-covid-19-jab/

This Registration appears to be for Thai people only.

You can't register without an I.D. card number.

francois
July 13th, 2021, 11:56
Another friend, age 75, went for his vaccine yesterday, Monday. He reported the process was extremely well run with no delays and no problems. They did park on the road and many motorbike taxis were there to take the people to and from the Station.

Dodger
July 17th, 2021, 08:51
Expats over 60 can now apply for free vaccine - without having to call numbers that never answer.

See the thread entitled: "Expat Vaccine Registration" for details.

Manforallseasons
July 17th, 2021, 08:54
U.S. Citizens can get Astra Zeneca vaccine Sunday July 18 at Bang Sue:

https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10712

Manforallseasons
July 17th, 2021, 09:07
Finished!

Dodger
July 17th, 2021, 09:21
Finished!

It was booked in a few hours.

The site now states that the quoted has been reached. No surprise!

cdnmatt
July 17th, 2021, 09:23
With the first day of over 10,000 cases in Thailand, probably best to hurry and get your jab.

Dodger
July 17th, 2021, 09:32
Expats over 60 can now apply for free vaccine - without having to call numbers that never answer.

See the thread entitled: "Expat Vaccine Registration" for details.

Update:

I just received Confirmation from MedPark Hospital for my vaccine on the date I requested. This Conformation was received in less than one hour after completing the on-line form. (see Expat Vaccine Registration thread)

Ruthrieston
July 18th, 2021, 09:28
I am very pleased to say that I also have an appointment at MedPark Hospital. We only have to hope there are enough doses and it doesn't get cancelled!