PDA

View Full Version : Greater Bangkok to enter 14-day lockdown

StevieWonders
July 9th, 2021, 12:31
In an address today, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha proposed a lockdown in Greater Bangkok starting Saturday, to last 14 days first. Leaving home only for necessary travel will be allowed, and people will be asked to not go out from 10pm to 4am.

Travelling outside Greater Bangkok will be restricted. Shopping malls will be closed except for supermarkets and pharmacies. People will be asked to carry out 100% work from home.

I got my first AstraZeneca jab this morning (BNH Hospital).

Brad the Impala
July 9th, 2021, 14:10
In an address today, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha proposed a lockdown in Greater Bangkok starting Saturday, to last 14 days first. Leaving home only for necessary travel will be allowed, and people will be asked to not go out from 10pm to 4am.

Travelling outside Greater Bangkok will be restricted. Shopping malls will be closed except for supermarkets and pharmacies. People will be asked to carry out 100% work from home.

I got my first AstraZeneca jab this morning (BNH Hospital).

For those expats on this forum seemingly unable to get vaccinated, would you care to share how your vaccination was achieved?

StevieWonders
July 9th, 2021, 14:13
For those expats on this forum seemingly unable to get vaccinated, would you care to share how your vaccination was achieved?
Get name on list at hospital - registration in person seems the most effective way
Wait for phone call
As they say, it’s not rocket science. I’ve had friends vaccinated at either Saint Louis or BNH Hospitals. Being in Bangkok might help - we are the centre of the Thai universe after all.

cdnmatt
July 9th, 2021, 14:53
Well, for those of you in Thailand, time to buckle down for about 4 months. This will blow over and the cases will lower, but not until it washes over the population.

For those outside of Thailand, up to you, but wouldn't expect to be booking any trips until 2022 sometime.

aussie
July 9th, 2021, 15:57
Get name on list at hospital - registration in person seems the most effective way
Wait for phone call
As they say, it’s not rocket science. I’ve had friends vaccinated at either Saint Louis or BNH Hospitals. Being in Bangkok might help - we are the centre of the Thai universe after all.

I am staying in Pattaya. Did the hospital ask for proof of residence in Bangkok and how many days between registration and the phone call to attend for the vaccination?

Dodger
July 9th, 2021, 16:50

Brad, several expats in Pattaya have confirmed that farang over age 75 can get free jab of Astrazenica at the Bang Sue Grand Station in Bangkok. Apparently they will be administering this until July 18. Not sure what happens after that.

Look at Gaybutton site for discussion on this.

Good luck.

Patanawet
July 9th, 2021, 17:51
Re. subject of thread:
The new restrictions will be starting on Monday the 12th -- not tomorrow as erroneously reported earlier.
They are not as severe as feared.

The full CCSA statement is . https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/505679064096166
.A bit dry but the interesting part is at about 13:30.

Patanawet
July 9th, 2021, 17:55

StevieWonders
July 9th, 2021, 18:01
And for those who despise the hypocrisy of a government posting official announcements on a platform they affect to despise (FakeBook) here’s something to read - https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/effective-tomorrow-bangkok-residents-asked-to-stay-home-for-14-days-unless-necessary/

Brad the Impala
July 9th, 2021, 19:12
Good luck.

Thank you, but I wasn't enquiring on my own behalf(I was double vaccinated in UK some time ago), but on behalf of those expats, like yourself, who have posted about their difficulties in getting vaccinated.

goji
July 9th, 2021, 19:23

That's a very soft lockdown. That might have worked with the alpha variant, but I'm not sure it will work with the Delta variant.

Dodger
July 9th, 2021, 20:04
That's a very soft lockdown. That might have worked with the alpha variant, but I'm not sure it will work with the Delta variant.

My thoughts exactly.

I feel like there's a tsunami ready to break.

Ruthrieston
July 10th, 2021, 08:02
Having said closing down from Saturday then suddenly it is not until Monday because they have to let the rich Bangkokians travel around and spread the virus a bit more first as they travel around over the weekend as usual, can't upset the HiSo set can we??

StevieWonders
July 10th, 2021, 08:06
Having said closing down from Saturday then suddenly it is not until Monday because they have to let the rich Bangkokians travel around and spread the virus a bit more first as they travel around over the weekend as usual, can't upset the HiSo set can we??If it’s the HiSo set you’ll be perfectly safe :devilsh:

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 09:09
Having said closing down from Saturday then suddenly it is not until Monday because they have to let the rich Bangkokians travel around and spread the virus a bit more first as they travel around over the weekend as usual, can't upset the HiSo set can we??

You and my boyfriend Jai are on the same page. Those were his exact words to me at dinner last night.

StevieWonders
July 10th, 2021, 10:27
Here’s a much longer and more detailed story - https://prachatai.com/english/node/9333

The lockdown covers Greater Bangkok and the 4 southern provinces but not (yet) Phuket or Pattaya. As I suggested elsewhere it’ll be the Delta variant that likely kills off the Phuket or/and Pattaya Sandbox.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22220-Phuket-Sandbox-open-TAT-awards-%E2%80%9CAmazing-Dodgems%E2%80%9D-moniker

arsenal
July 10th, 2021, 12:24
Steviewonders write.
"As I suggested elsewhere it’ll be the Delta variant that likely kills off the Phuket or/and Pattaya Sandbox."

Wasn't it just yesterday that you attacked members who'd said the Phuket sandbox would fail? Didn't you also use the first influx of tourists as proof the scheme was succeeding?

StevieWonders
July 10th, 2021, 12:48
Steviewonders write.
"As I suggested elsewhere it’ll be the Delta variant that likely kills off the Phuket or/and Pattaya Sandbox."

Wasn't it just yesterday that you attacked members who'd said the Phuket sandbox would fail? Didn't you also use the first influx of tourists as proof the scheme was succeeding?
Look at the link dated July 1 and my comments even earlier to Mancs and others. “Yesterday” was July 9. It was Harold Wilson who quipped “A week is a long time in politics”.

I’m guessing the Bookburners will have an orgy of “I told you so”.

StevieWonders
July 10th, 2021, 13:11
Steviewonders write.That’s a great job you’re doing, conning the Chinese that you know how to write English. It’s “wrote”, Q, “wrote”.

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 13:12

He posted an entire thread to boast about his Phuket predictions. Now, after he's standing there with mud on his face (again), it sounds like he's turning into a weasel in a last ditch attempt to save face. He must be taking lessons from TAT and the cabinet ministers.

Has he enlisted the aid of his hydras yet?

LOL......

arsenal
July 10th, 2021, 15:57
Dodger. In fact he (stevie) boasted about the numbers of tourists arriving on Phuket while bashing yourself and others for your caution. Then one of them tested positive and many were locked up while others wanted to leave.

Current battle status. No hydras have yet been called to arms.

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 16:42

Current battle status. No hydras have yet been called to arms.

Just wait...Mr Giggles and Sglad must be flipping a coin right now to see who's turn it is...LOL