PDA

View Full Version : Expats Prepaid Moderna Vaccination October

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2021, 17:15
Moderna….https://medpark.hospital/Moderna

Brad the Impala
July 2nd, 2021, 17:59
This is the same information and the identical link that Patanawet started a thread with earlier! Perhaps you have blocked him!

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2021, 18:36
This is the same information and the identical link that Patanawet started a thread with earlier! Perhaps you have blocked him!

I realized that after I posted the link. B.T.W. Brad shouldn’t you find something else to do with your time?

Dodger
July 2nd, 2021, 18:43
Thanks MFAS.

If any Thai hospital had a contract with Moderna, then shipment dates (release dates) from the U.S. to Thailand would have been negotiated and embedded in the contract as well. Asking people for payment before a contract and the release dates have been established, places all of the risk on the consumer. Yes, they would be bound to providing a refund if the vaccine was unavailable, but that could be 9 months from now (end of March 2022) which is too long to be left standing on a limb in my opinion.

This may be the only option for expats who can't return home to get the vaccine if necessary, which is understandable, but I have that option and will use it unless a hospital over here can schedule an appointment for me to receive it during the fourth quarter at the latest.

The Thai PM has been telling the media that the government has made arrangements with both Moderna and Pfizer for the procurement of large quantities of vaccine, although, private sources are reporting that Moderna and Pfizer claim that they have no such agreements with Thailand at this time. What's wrong with this picture?

As an add-on: Guam is now offering vacation packages for expats which includes 2 does of Moderna during their stay. Hotel prices range between U.S. $150 - $350/ngt, There are one-stop flights from Bangkok Suvaranhumi to Guam and some itineraries offer 11-1/2 hour flights. I've been kicking this around lately, but still need to do a bit more research. You can google this @ Guam Vaccine Vacations.

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2021, 19:18
Interesting Dodger, but I assume once returning to Thailand you would have to go through some hoops as well as having to spend the recommended time between the 2 doses in Guam.

Manforallseasons
July 2nd, 2021, 20:25
Interesting Dodger, but I assume once returning to Thailand you would have to go through some hoops as well as having to spend the recommended time between the 2 doses in Guam.

After reading that one needs to wait 28 days between the 2 moderna doses and almost 12 hour flight Guam is not a very realistic option.

cdnmatt
July 2nd, 2021, 20:38
Ohh, don't expect or rely on scheduled delivery dates at all when it comes to either, Modurna or Pfizer.

We've been going through it since January here in Canada, and that was with firm delivery schedules in place, and it's been an absolute unpredictable yoyo. Some weeks deliveries are cut in half, other weeks more than expected arrive, you just never know.

Thinking about it, I still haven't been notified for my second dose, which should be happening any day now if not already. Will give it another week before I contact them and ask what's up. I'm sure it's coming though. Besides, according to Doger blind people don't ever go outside are are ever in public crowds, so it should be no problem.

Dodger
July 3rd, 2021, 11:13
After reading that one needs to wait 28 days between the 2 moderna doses and almost 12 hour flight Guam is not a very realistic option.

I could handle the flight, but the 28 days wouldn't work for me.

Dodger
July 3rd, 2021, 11:15

Besides, according to Doger blind people don't ever go outside are are ever in public crowds, so it should be no problem.

Don't push your luck Magoo...I never said I believed you.

cdnmatt
July 3rd, 2021, 11:49
Don't push your luck Magoo...I never said I believed you.

You should join Q-Anon, you'd fit right in with all their conspiracy theory laden bullshit.

Dodger
July 3rd, 2021, 11:58
You should join Q-Anon, you'd fit right in with all their conspiracy theory laden bullshit.

Don't flatter yourself Magoo.

You're far from achieving "conspiracy" status, although the fables you spin are certainly worthy of honorable mention.