PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Rhodes – homosexual?

arsenal
June 15th, 2021, 01:02
Latin wrote.
"...and thats why america rules (dont mean to be crass) but in the US tfo be declared bankrupt or to fail is not the end...its simply the beginning of a new chapter..."

Not just America, the UK too. I've lost count of how many over 60s who've discovered a new avenue of income and life.

"'Whether you're white, black, Asian, male, female, gay or straight. Being born British is an enormous stroke of luck."
Andrew Marr.
Here here.

Paraphrased cos I can't remember thel exact quote.

Armando
June 15th, 2021, 10:48
Was it not Cecil Rhodes who said "To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life"? I doubt if many would say that today!

arsenal
June 16th, 2021, 17:41
"Was it not Cecil Rhodes who said "To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life"? I doubt if many would say that today!"

I think England is as good as anywhere and better than most. If you take into account all aspects of life.

Brad the Impala
June 16th, 2021, 18:27
I rather think that Rhodes had in mind being born to rule the world rather than pining for rent boys in pattaya!

Anyway aren't you living in China?!

StevieWonders
June 16th, 2021, 18:31
I rather think that Rhodes had in mind being born to rule the world rather than pining for rent boys in pattaya!

Anyway aren't you living in China?!
In his personal circular economy.

arsenal
June 16th, 2021, 21:14
Are you sure Brad? Rhodes was a well known bandit of the bottom, a trouser snake charmer, a twizzler of the testes, a conjuror of the crevice, a magician of the male mojo, a player of the horn of pleasure, a smoker of the pipe in pants....

Had Pattaya existed in those days I'm sure he'd have pined for it..

Mancs
June 16th, 2021, 22:13
Are you sure Brad? Rhodes was a well known bandit of the bottom, a trouser snake charmer, a twizzler of the testes, a conjuror of the crevice, a magician of the male mojo, a player of the horn of pleasure, a smoker of the pipe in pants....

Had Pattaya existed in those days I'm sure he'd have pined for it..

Wikipedia: "Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband." I'm with Rhodes on this one.

Jellybean
June 16th, 2021, 23:02
Wikipedia: "Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband." I'm with Rhodes on this one.

Well, well, well, all these years and I never knew that it was “claimed that Cecil Rhodes was a homosexual who was in love with his private secretary, Neville Pickering.” This forum is like an education, ain’t it? ;)

Cecil Rhodes

Cecil John Rhodes PC (5 July 1853 – 26 March 1902)[1] was a British mining magnate, and politician in southern Africa who served as Prime Minister of the Cape Colony from 1890 to 1896. An ardent believer in British imperialism, Rhodes and his British South Africa Company founded the southern African territory of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe and Zambia), which the company named after him in 1895. South Africa's Rhodes University is also named after him. He also put much effort towards his vision of a Cape to Cairo Railway through British territory. Rhodes set up the provisions of the Rhodes Scholarship, which is funded by his estate . . .

Personal life
Rhodes never married, pleading, "I have too much work on my hands" and saying that he would not be a dutiful husband.[58][page needed] Author Robin Brown has claimed in The Secret Society: Cecil John Rhodes’s Plan for a New World Order that Rhodes was a homosexual who was in love with his private secretary, Neville Pickering, and that he established "… a homosexual hegemony – which was already operative in the Secret Society – went on to influence, if not control, British politics at the beginning of the twentieth century" . . .

Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Rhodes)

arsenal
June 16th, 2021, 23:30
It comes up iin one of Wilbur Smith's books.

goji
June 17th, 2021, 03:11
Nobody ever asks if someone prominent was heterosexual, as is done here.

StevieWonders
June 17th, 2021, 04:46
Nobody ever asks if someone prominent was heterosexual, as is done here.Hear, hear. Or, as SGT’s favourite English teacher put it earlier in this thread, here here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear,_hear

arsenal
June 17th, 2021, 07:37
Not everyone is as ultra sensitive to being gay as you two. (Goji and little stevie) If a figure from history was a Philanthropist of Felatio then it's worth knowing. Anything that relieves the stereotype mincing giggling semi idiot that is so beloved by little stevie is a good thing. In fact I might start a new thread. Bastard homosexuals through history.

StevieWonders
June 17th, 2021, 08:26
Anything that relieves the stereotype mincing giggling semi idiot that is so beloved by little stevie is a good thing. It's important that the mince is made from real meat and not some pansy vegan plant-based "meat", full of fat and sugar.

mr giggles
June 17th, 2021, 10:56

Apparently our esteemed member Todger, was a flaming heterosexual...

Nirish guy
June 17th, 2021, 19:31

As it's ASSUMED that the world is and should be heterosexual - which is EXACTLY why its important that the LGBT community DO stand up and both claim LGBT people from history and that we flag up that LGBT people DID and DO exist and our existence shouldn't and cant and wont be allowed to be hidden. Nor can it be brushed away or hidden behind a veil of straightness just to suit the continues straight history / lets pretend that LGBT people didn't exist / are all bad agenda . That is what PRIDE ( amongst other things) should be all about surely !

For example even from the most cursory Google search ( which actually gave up very few genuinely useful results surprisingly - which says a lot in itself !) but even the most basic search of "famous gay people from history" gives the following list of people for starters ( or course there are SO many more, I'm just using this list as an example). So, can ANY one of us HONESTLY say that at school that we were taught that these people were or may have been gay!?? And if so was / would that info have been presented to us in a positive LGBT reaffirming way or even at least just as a mere statement of fact.....I honestly doubt it ?

So, yes we SHOULD ask ( if there's reason to) and be happy and proud to claim back LGBT people and their achievements so that younger LGBT people coming after us realise that yes, it IS OK to be gay, just as many many people who came before them were.

That short example list included the likes of
Leonardo da Vinci
Florence Nightingale
King James VI and I
William Shakespeare
Richard I
Julius Caesar
Aristotle
Alan Turing

So, were any of us taught that these people were gay when at school - and in a positively reinforcing, factual way ( and due to the ages across the board we can't ALL blame Maggie Thatchers horrendous Section 28 rule for that I'm guessing here by the way)? I somehow doubt it ?

goji
June 17th, 2021, 23:00
OK, let's erect a few statues of him :)

StevieWonders
June 17th, 2021, 23:32
So, were any of us taught that these people were gay when at school - and in a positively reinforcing, factual way (and due to the ages across the board we can't ALL blame Maggie Thatchers horrendous Section 28 rule for that I'm guessing here by the way)? I somehow doubt it ?

I might start a new thread. Bastard homosexuals through history.My hope is that they’d learn it’s Maggie Thatcher’s rather than Maggie Thatchers but a video of SGT’s favourite English teacher conducting a class about Shirtlifting Tyrants in History might be entertaining. Should it start with Caligula or maybe Tiberius who in true Pattaya style maintained a “stable” of boys to attend to his needs? Perhaps that lesson might lead on to some career counselling or suggestions of after-school part-time employment. Then there’s King Richard II who was murdered by having a red hot poker inserted into his anus as a gesture to his supposed sexual interests. Although that might encourage the more adventurous and aggressive boys …

Khor tose
June 18th, 2021, 03:23
Leonardo da Vinci
Florence Nightingale
King James VI and I
William Shakespeare
Richard I
Julius Caesar
Aristotle
Alan Turing

So, were any of us taught that these people were gay when at school - and in a positively reinforcing, factual way ( and due to the ages across the board we can't ALL blame Maggie Thatchers horrendous Section 28 rule for that I'm guessing here by the way)? I somehow doubt it ?

Not sure Shakespeare or Julius Caesar were gay. "Gay" had an entirely different meaning in Caesar's time, but Edward Devere, the true Shakespeare author, was definitely gay.

StevieWonders
June 18th, 2021, 06:46
Not sure Shakespeare or Julius Caesar were gay. "Gay" had an entirely different meaning in Caesar's time ...I recall reading somewhere that in his day Julius Caesar was known as “every woman’s man and every man’s woman”. I wonder if such information might encourage more bisexual behaviour amongst those whom NIrish might merely wish to educate. I can see the whole project being very popular with parents.

gerefan2
June 18th, 2021, 07:48
I wonder if such information might encourage more bisexual behaviour amongst those whom NIrish might merely wish to educate. I can see the whole project being very popular with parents.

When I was at school (long after you Steve) we were taught Physics (Theory) Physics (Practical), Chemistry (Theory) Chemistry (Practical), French (Theory) French (Practical) and Sex Education (Theory).

So why weren’t we ever taught Sex Education (Practical)?

StevieWonders
June 18th, 2021, 08:02
When I was at school (long after you Steve) we were taught Physics (Theory) Physics (Practical), Chemistry (Theory) Chemistry (Practical), French (Theory) French (Practical) and Sex Education (Theory).

So why weren’t we ever taught Sex Education (Practical)?

mr giggles
June 18th, 2021, 14:10
M. Then there’s King Richard II who was murdered by having a red hot poker inserted into his anus as a gesture to his supposed sexual interests. Although that might encourage the more adventurous and aggressive boys …

Ummm. Edward II

mr giggles
June 18th, 2021, 14:18
Leonardo da Vinci
Florence Nightingale
King James VI and I
William Shakespeare
Richard I
Julius Caesar
Aristotle
Alan Turing

And some not to be proud of:
Ernst Rohm
Roy Cohn
Richard Loeb and Nathan Leopold,
Lord Alfred Bruce Douglas (Bosie)
Senator Joe McCarthy...

StevieWonders
June 18th, 2021, 14:41
I’m still looking forward to arsenal’s topic “Bastard homosexuals in history”.

However, Giggles old boy, how about notorious gangster Ronnie Kray aka. The Queen Mother? John Cleese did a great sketch in a Monty Python episode as the drag queen “friend” of gangsters called the Piranha Brothers. Some of it is available online for those interested (let Mr Google be your friend).

arsenal
June 18th, 2021, 17:02
I'm also claiming as friends of Dorothy.

Great Uncle Bulgaria. 300 years old and no wife or offspring. Very musical too.

Elmer Fudd. Pouffy, a softy, mincing through the woods and garish clothes. What more evidence do you need.

Ming the Merciless. Not strictly gay but clearly a tranny and the personality the modern versions emulate.

The Hooded Claw. Just listen to him speak. As camp as a row of tents.

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2021, 20:45
[QUOTE=arsenal;279646 Ming the Merciless. Not strictly gay but clearly a tranny and the personality the modern versions emulate. [/QUOTE]

Did you not get the latest memo from snowflake central ? We're not allowed to mention old Ming anymore as apparently it / he's a racist as his character was used to project a negative stereotype of Asian people as always being the ruthless evil villain types - who knew eh !

I can safely say I used to watch him and good old Flash quite happily on a happy Saturday morning and such thoughts never as much as crossed my mind, well, not until I read it on some snowflake's blog recently it seems, where they were demanding that Ming himself and the actor who played him be "cancelled" immediately !

Thankfully I doubt that old Ming ( or the actor) gives a flying fuck anymore at his age - I certainly hope so anyway !

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/27/the-problem-with-flash-gordon-racism-taika-waititi-project

Brad the Impala
June 19th, 2021, 01:31
Didn't the portrayal of most asians as villains just heighten the attraction?

Nirish guy
June 19th, 2021, 03:56
If you're asking me did I ever jerk off over Ming the Merciless then I can safely say no to that ! ......oh hang on, there was that ONE time ........NO, ! I'm JOKING ! :)

colmx
June 20th, 2021, 06:39
If you're asking me did I ever jerk off over Ming the Merciless then I can safely say no to that ! ......oh hang on, there was that ONE time ........NO, ! I'm JOKING ! :)

For me it was flash Gordon in the black leather pants that was always the turn on lol!

Armando
June 20th, 2021, 12:18
To any list has to be added Lord Louis Mountbatten. He married the hugely wealthy and notorious bed hopper Edwina and even wrote, "Edwina and I spent all our married lives getting in to other people's beds."

A 1940s FBI dossier makes the claim that "they were persons of extremely low morals." It even goes further about Mountbatten. His private life makes him an "unfit man to direct any sort of military operations."

That private life we now know to have been [Deleted text]. The FBI files contain a statement from an intimate of two Queens (the regal variety), Mary and Elizabeth, that "Mountbatten was known to be a homosexual with a perversion for [Deleted text]."This is all backed up in a book written by the man who was Mountbatten's driver, Norman Nield. Nield reveals that he was ordered to [Deleted text] to the Admiral’s official residence" in Dickie’s Hummer, and was paid 5 pounds per week for his silence. According to Nield, the Admiral used “brandy and lemonade” to [Deleted text].

More is revealed in The Mountbatten's Their Private Lives and Loves by historian Andrew Lownie.

Some text has been deleted under rule 3.2.3 (1).

Jellybean

francois
June 20th, 2021, 18:56

The Irish Times wrote that he (Ming) is "simply the best – the tyrant's tyrant"

arsenal
June 21st, 2021, 07:18
I'm going to add Bugs Bunny, clearly a faggot. Always chewing suggestively on a rather long carrot and propositioning Elmer Fudd with his "What's up Doc?" while the two of them are obviously cottaging in the woods.