PDA

View Full Version : Should Foreign Embassies Vaccinate Their Citizens Living in Thailand

Manforallseasons
June 13th, 2021, 21:40
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/13/reader-talkback-results-should-foreign-embassies-provide-covid19-vaccines-for-their-citizens-in-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR0__27VV9kKh365nBNEnGCoJNfVqbZWbnSLahub Ix2nhptF6GCabs687Co

cdnmatt
June 13th, 2021, 22:34
What an absolute shit site for a screen reader.

Manforallseasons
June 13th, 2021, 22:57
What an absolute shit site for a screen reader.

As you claim to be blind how good is “screen reader” on other sites?

goji
June 13th, 2021, 23:19
"Don’t confuse what you wish were true with what is really true" -Ray Dalio

StevieWonders
June 14th, 2021, 03:52
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

The “Serenity Prayer”, Reinhold Niebuhr

cdnmatt
June 14th, 2021, 04:26
As you claim to be blind how good is “screen reader” on other sites?

Well naturally, it depends on the site, now doesn't it?

Most are fine. Only time you get into actual trouble is the really Javascript dashboards like AWS management console, Asana dashboard, et al. That's when CLI tools and REST APIs come to the rescue.

Dodger
June 14th, 2021, 11:09
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/13/reader-talkback-results-should-foreign-embassies-provide-covid19-vaccines-for-their-citizens-in-thailand/?fbclid=IwAR0__27VV9kKh365nBNEnGCoJNfVqbZWbnSLahub Ix2nhptF6GCabs687Co

I like one of the Americans responses shown in the article:

Ray Z- I’m a U.S. Citizen. If my country has enough vaccines left over to give to other countries, I think they should take care of their own people FIRST. But that would require the Embassy to do some work. I’m not holding my breath.

Says it all.

goji
June 14th, 2021, 15:13
I like one of the Americans responses shown in the article:

Ray Z- I’m a U.S. Citizen. If my country has enough vaccines left over to give to other countries, I think they should take care of their own people FIRST. But that would require the Embassy to do some work. I’m not holding my breath.

Says it all.

Ray Z doesn't seem to realize he's living on a planet where the norm is for countries to provide medical care for residents of the country and not overseas. There will be good reasons for that.
Ray Z needs to get on with it and play the cards he's been dealt.

StevieWonders
June 14th, 2021, 15:49
Ray Z doesn't seem to realize he's living on a planet where the norm is for countries to provide medical care for residents of the country and not overseas. There will be good reasons for that.
Ray Z needs to get on with it and play the cards he's been dealt.The cards he’s dealt himself. He’s a typical sexpat - his cock is in Thailand but his mind is somewhere else.

Dodger
June 14th, 2021, 15:55
Ray Z needs to get on with it and play the cards he's been dealt.

I don't disagree with you in principle, although a Global Pandemic like this is changing the "norm".

The U.S., for instance, is doing a lot more than just taking care of its residents when it sends millions of doses of the vaccine to foreign countries to help other people. These people aren't residents of the U.S. either, but they stand to benefit from the broadening of U.S. policy to support the common welfare of ALL people. Is it wrong for Americans living abroad to want to be included?

Everybody pulls together to get the planet vaccinated against the virus and its variants. That is becoming the "new norm".

goji
June 14th, 2021, 17:03
Is it wrong for Americans living abroad to want to be included?

No, it's not wrong.
However, time spent fretting about what is unlikely to happen is almost certainly time wasted.

He would get better results by looking at what IS going to happen and planning accordingly.

Manforallseasons
June 14th, 2021, 17:34
Dodger, as you have noted this is indeed a “new norm” one of which China is dealing with by also vaccinating it’s citizens in Thailand and France and Belgium are currently contemplating doing likewise.

StevieWonders
June 14th, 2021, 17:52
Dodger, as you have noted this is indeed a “new norm” one of which China is dealing with by also vaccinating it’s citizens in Thailand and France and Belgium are currently contemplating doing likewise.If Dodgems & Co weren’t so self-righteous in no-platforming me, they would recall I posted a story in March (from the Economist) that the Chinese have stated that no Chinese person may travel to China without being vaccinated by a Chinese vaccine and only a Chinese vaccine. Hence satrapies such as Thailand are facilitating the vaccination of Chinese nationals with a Chinese vaccine in accordance with Chinese law.

goji
June 14th, 2021, 19:02
Dodger, as you have noted this is indeed a “new norm” one of which China is dealing with by also vaccinating it’s citizens in Thailand and France and Belgium are currently contemplating doing likewise.

1 in 195 countries = "new norm" or the exception ?

Dodger
June 14th, 2021, 20:29
1 in 195 countries = "new norm" or the exception ?

Only time will tell.