PDA

View Full Version : Nice Boys reopens June 15?

dab69
June 10th, 2021, 23:04
Heard today from a friend that works there that Nice Boys will reopen June 15.
Can anyone confirm?

Mancs
June 11th, 2021, 00:11
No idea but I see they travel to do massage, if anyone is local to give them some work:
http://www.niceboyspattaya.com/events.html

Manforallseasons
June 11th, 2021, 00:55
Heard today from a friend that works there that Nice Boys will reopen June 15.
Can anyone confirm?

Unless the Covid restrictions for Chonburi province are lifted this is not possible and lifting restrictions on bars most likely will be at the bottom of the list.

gerefan2
June 11th, 2021, 00:58
I agree with MFAS.

Surely if Nice Boys was to reopen next Tuesday then all gogo bars and ordinary bars would reopen.

As for reopening behind closed doors, well...TiT

goji
June 11th, 2021, 02:47
Unless the Covid restrictions for Chonburi province are lifted this is not possible

You mean it is "not permitted", which in Thailand is rather different to "not possible".

Many things in Thailand are not permitted, but still happen.

I've seen numerous massage shops open and beer on sale in bars when that was not permitted earlier in the year. Admittedly none of the gay bars.

At the time, certain local contributors were insistent that such places were closed, but by actually going out, looking and even being a customer, one found that some were open.

I'd still be surprised if the bar opened, but I wouldn't assume anything is closed without checking it.

Newbie99
June 11th, 2021, 04:28
I have heard rumors of something happening on June 15, concerning bars or massage shops, as well as July 1. But shops and bars are closed now and no alcohol is served in restaurants.

dab69
June 11th, 2021, 07:38
Sorry I should have known when the announcement was attached to a request for an extra 1000bT for work clothes
(that are never purchased). Also merit for deceased friend and now it's room rent.

I usually send the money anyway and delete my Facebook for a couple weeks
to keep budgets in check.

arsenal
June 11th, 2021, 07:49
Dab69. "work clothes"!!!
One of the joys of Nice Boys is that work clothes often comprises footwear only.

FUCK I MISS PATTAYA.

catawampuscat
June 11th, 2021, 10:45
No idea but I see they travel to do massage, if anyone is local to give them some work:

Nice Boys management is enterprising and will find a way to make a baht, if the way exists.

Dodger
June 11th, 2021, 11:08

Great idea...surprised that other bar owners haven't thought of doing the same thing.

"Home delivery service for your favorite gogo boy." Next best thing to them being open.

Manforallseasons
June 11th, 2021, 16:35
If Nice Boys ever reopens it will benefit from the demise of Boystown leaving basically 2 Gogo bars NB and winner both offering vastly different boys. I’ve been to Winner before a few tImes and it certainly is not my cup of tea however, the problem with NB is that nothing ever changes including the boys who are getting rather long in the tooth and rarely do you see a new one and most of the top shelf boys are long gone. I imagine those longing to return will be happy with whatever is on offer after emerging from sexual hibernation.

dab69
June 13th, 2021, 03:45
He just sent pictures of cleaning up the bar getting ready for opening.

Dodger
June 13th, 2021, 09:06
If I had an interest in visiting Nice Boys, I'd just call Beer (the owner) and ask him if they were going to be open or not.

(phone number deleted)

If you want Beer's number, perhaps you can obtain it via a PM.
Or see their website http://www.niceboyspattaya.com/contact.html

gerefan2
June 17th, 2021, 02:45
So, did it reopen?????

Manforallseasons
June 19th, 2021, 13:58
June 15? Today is June 19…… https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/booze-ban-in-pattaya-restaurants-extended-pubs-and-bars-remain-closed-360223

goji
June 19th, 2021, 17:16
Do any of the expat board members ever wander out there to check these things ?

I suppose going in the bar is risky if covid is circulating.

Patanawet
June 19th, 2021, 17:39

Risky if the police are circulating, I'd have thought.

goji
June 19th, 2021, 20:06
Risky if the police are circulating, I'd have thought.

Price elasticity might be a factor here.
I reckon the police are incentivized to charge tea money at a rate low enough to ensure there is a certain level of re-offending, so more tea money can be charged in future.
Why else are so many other laws ignored ?
Admittedly, over the years, they seem to have hit the Sunnee bars harder than some of the other entertainment in the city.

vnman
June 19th, 2021, 22:41
Price elasticity might be a factor here.
I reckon the police are incentivized to charge tea money at a rate low enough to ensure there is a certain level of re-offending, so more tea money can be charged in future.
Why else are so many other laws ignored ?
Admittedly, over the years, they seem to have hit the Sunnee bars harder than some of the other entertainment in the city.

This is not what I have heard. An ex-pat bar that had a few people inside that were drinking alcohol out of coffee cups, were fined (Trump) bigly. As I understand it, the owner faces prison or even deportation.

Manforallseasons
June 19th, 2021, 23:52
This is not what I have heard. An ex-pat bar that had a few people inside that were drinking alcohol out of coffee cups, were fined (Trump) bigly. As I understand it, the owner faces prison or even deportation.

As this is a provincial decree the provincial police have been cracking down hard on Pattaya bars and restaurants ignoring the decree, it is way out of the tea money local bib usual routine.

goji
June 20th, 2021, 01:20

Earlier in the year there were a few bars selling alcohol in coffee cups, in glasses with a decoy can of sprite put on the table, or in some cases with no disguise. I've also seen the local BIB walk right past open massage shops, when they were not permitted to open.
So I presume businesses were not getting big fines at the time.

Sounds like it is changing now.

francois
June 20th, 2021, 12:47
Do any of the expat board members ever wander out there to check these things ?

Yes expats check these things and bars are not open.