View Full Version : And now, the Pattaya Sandbox

StevieWonders
June 8th, 2021, 11:16
No sex please, we're Thai.

Pattaya has launched a campaign to vaccinate much of its population in a bid to offer quarantine-free travel to foreign tourists
It is also looking to pivot from its reputation for go-go bars and sex work to more upmarket and family-friendly businesses

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3136134/no-nightlife-yes-vaccinations-can-thailands-pattaya-rebrand-and

cdnmatt
June 8th, 2021, 13:02
Is Thailand going to have enough sand?

They're sure building a lot of sandboxes.

StevieWonders
June 20th, 2021, 16:51
The latest on Pattaya’s efforts - https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-pushes-for-august-1-sealed-route-reopening-plan

gerefan2
June 20th, 2021, 23:16
From the above article:

“ The plan would limit reopening to certain controlled areas in Pattaya, with careful restrictions and safety measures to minimise risks of Covid-19 outbreaks. The location and travel routes will be carefully selected and only tourists that meet certain requirements will be allowed to enter.”

That would screw many plans and be unacceptable to many long term tourists.

And what are the certain requirements for selected tourists? GPS wrist bands that report our exact position 24 hours a day?

Long term tourists often stay outside regular tourist areas and have good reasons to travel to many parts of Pattaya.

To the Burghers of Pattaya:- Listen to long term tourists and don’t fu*k it up.

cdnmatt
June 21st, 2021, 00:15
I have a hard time seeing a bunch of sex tourists agreeing to wear GPS enabled wristbands in Pattaya.

I know I wouldn't be too thrilled at the prospect of wearing a government issued wristband while hanging out in Sunnee during the nights. Could make the chat at immigration upon exiting Thailand a little awkward, haha.

Nirish guy
June 21st, 2021, 01:33
NO worse than the chat you had at immigration anyways we suspect. Personally I'm guessing it would a shocking waste of money by the Thai Government giving most of us sexpats a wristband considering that most of us trudge the same half a dozen streets over and over just of an evening !

StevieWonders
June 23rd, 2021, 09:40
For all you sex tourists looking forward to a re-opened Pattaya here’s the local view of what Pattaya businesses want to happen - https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/22/pattaya-tourism-and-business-sector-tell-government-let-us-open-the-city-fully-give-us-the-covid-19-vaccines-enough-is-enough/

arsenal
June 23rd, 2021, 13:33
"I have a hard time seeing a bunch of sex tourists agreeing to wear0 GPS enabled wristbands in Pattaya.

I know I wouldn't be too thrilled at the prospect of wearing a government issued wristband while hanging out in Sunnee during the nights. Could make the chat at immigration upon exiting Thailand a little awkward, haha."

Really!!!
The police often ask me where I'm going when they stop me for a breath test. Not a police 'where are you going?' but a friendly question. I always tell them Boyztown or Sunee or Jomtien Complex Plaza with no reaction apart from a have a good time.

And NIrish.
We do not "trudge." We skip jauntily with a song in our hearts and a twinkle in our eyes darting from side to side looking for our next victim, erm I mean off.

Oliver2
June 23rd, 2021, 13:50
That's true...no trudging allowed in Pattaya. And a smile on my face all day long. I do my best to pretend that Sainsbury's is Big C but it just doesn't seem to work.

a447
June 23rd, 2021, 15:05
No, I don't "trudge" either. I tend to run! Lol

Although I have once hobbled over to Sunee from Boyztown with a broken foot. And once I arrived at the bar, my special guy immediately took me to the pharmacy to get some pain-killers so I could carry on as normal.

And I did. And had a great time!

francois
June 23rd, 2021, 18:39
No, I don't "trudge" either. I tend to run! Lol

Although I have once hobbled over to Sunee from Boyztown with a broken foot. And once I arrived at the bar, my special guy immediately took me to the pharmacy to get some pain-killers so I could carry on as normal.

And I did. And had a great time!

Pain killers = Kamagra or KY?

gerefan2
June 23rd, 2021, 22:42
No, I don't "trudge" either. I tend to run! !

I don’t trudge, skip jauntily, drive, run or hobble between venues.

I usually stagger!

StevieWonders
July 8th, 2021, 10:37
Plans for a Pattaya Sandbox in September are going ahead despite the increasing number of COVID cases -
https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/pattaya-looks-into-september-reopening-despite-uptick-in-covid-19-infections

Stand by for Amazing Dodgems to start his own thread on this.