View Full Version : 10 Year VISAs w/ Work Permit On The Way!

cdnmatt
June 5th, 2021, 15:51
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1219550-tat-proposes-attracting-a-million-foreigners-work-with-no-work-permit-right-to-buy-land-ten-year-stay/?utm_source=newsletter-20210605-1238&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Get blacklisted for 5 years only to be given a 10 year VISA. That's going to be a mind fuck.

StevieWonders
June 7th, 2021, 16:58
I look forward to your successful application for the proposed 10-year digital nomad visa. It should be a cinch for you to get one:

Demonstrated income of $80,000 total over the two preceding years
Health insurance policy covering $100,000 in liabilities
A preparedness to pay tax at 17% on all the earnings generated while you’re in Thailand

Keep us posted on your progress

cdnmatt
June 7th, 2021, 17:11
All three are no problem. I would have been more than happy to pay 17% tax while there in exchange for a VISA, and I said that many times on this very forum.

Never understood why they'd make thousands of potentially good tax paying residents go underground like they did. We're going to be in Thailand whether the government wants us or not (apparently they do right now), we accrue virtually no societal debt (ie. we're not old with medical complications), and all around good people.

Thailand is a hot spot for good earning digial nomads, so why not turn us into a stream of tax revenue, and in exchange provide a VISA for us? That only makes sense, and finally they're coming around to that realization. Only took a once in a century pandemic, but hey, whatever works.

christianpfc
June 7th, 2021, 22:45
We're going to be in Thailand whether the government wants us or not (apparently they do right now),

we accrue virtually no societal debt (ie. we're not old with medical complications), and all around good people.

Thailand is a hot spot for good earning digial nomads, so why not turn us into a stream of tax revenue, and in exchange provide a VISA for us? That only makes sense, and finally they're coming around to that realization. Only took a once in a century pandemic, but hey, whatever works.
If Thailand doesn't want you in the country, you will not be in the country (except on overstay, but I guess that's no fun). I know a lot of people who have left Thailand (for Cambodia or Philippines) because they didn't feel welcome in general or were tired of visa hassles.

Medical complications are dealt with by health insurance. Has nothing to do with visa.
All around good people? There is some dodgy folk around.

But once again: too many conditions, too specific.

StevieWonders
June 8th, 2021, 06:25
All three are no problem.If the Thai authorities have any sense they’ll ask for certified copies of an applicant’s tax returns as proof of income. On the several occasions I’ve specifically asked that question you’ve confirmed you don’t pay tax. The latest included the boast that that’s because your hero Donald Trump doesn’t pay tax either.

cdnmatt
June 8th, 2021, 06:31
If the Thai authorities have any sense they’ll ask for certified copies of an applicant’s tax returns as proof of income. On the several occasions I’ve specifically asked that question you’ve confirmed you don’t pay tax. The latest included the boast that that’s because your hero Donald Trump doesn’t pay tax either.

How about messages signed with bitcoin private keys. Think that will work as proof?

heh.

Sen Yai
June 9th, 2021, 21:35
Unfortunately, according to https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/tat-proposes-eased-restrictions-and-10-year-visa-to-key-groups, those seeking a 10 year visa via the 'Digital Nomad' route should be employed by a major international corporation, rather than working independently from their spare bedroom and receiving payments from anonymous clients in cryptocurrencies. I guess that might be to ensure full transparency of off-shore earnings for tax purposes, rather than relying upon any from of unverifiable self-declaration.

The following video report (also from Thaiger) is interesting in that it not only provides insight on the thinking by those with an inflated sense of entitlement, but I am sure I am not alone in thinking up tasks that this pair of Twunks, Kay and Hugal, could perform to supplement their incomes in between visits to Starbucks or other providers of free wifi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg9f2z69CkA