PDA

View Full Version : NOT so good memories

Dax
June 1st, 2021, 07:45
To be sure, not all of my memories of Thailand are pleasant and memorable. We all have our own, I decided to share. On one trip I booked a condo at Yensabi Condotel, having decided being in the action in Boyztown no longer worked for me. I liked being in the vicinity of Yensabai; it was close to everything, the outdoor markets, the shops, the bars, the disco, the banks (ATM), and of course the gold shops (for Jaep, not me.) Anyway, one afternoon, out of the blue, Jaep’s younger brother (sorry, out of necessity I blocked out his name from my memory banks) appeared at our doorstep. Evidently, he was sent to stay with Jaep by his parents. Now, Jaep is to die for but when I met his brother, I could not believe my eyes; he was probably the most gorgeous Thai man I had ever met and to this day still is. He was straight, had a lot of girlfriends according to Jaep and pitifully, so full of himself. I never did ask Jaep the reason for his visit but after a while I figured out that he was in some kind of trouble back home and being sent to us to keep a tighter leash on him. This should have set off my natural fuckery alert immediately but I guess being with Jaep sabotaged my innate security system. For a time, life was good, I was able to be around two beautiful hunks, watch them come out of the shower, lounging around shirtless and just having a fine time……….UNTIL, one afternoon when Jaep decided to go fishing and I was left alone with his brother. I went to take a shower and when I came out, he was nowhere to be found; also missing was a few thousand baht, a gold crucifix I had bought for a gift and my new Nikon! Jaep and his friends spent a lot of time scouring the town for his brother, he was on a mission; if he was successful in locating his brother this would not bode well for the thief. We even traveled back to see his parents but nada. Later, Jaep told me that his parents would never give up his brother as he was their pet. Eventually we ended up at the police station to file a report with the assurance of the Major on duty that if Jaep’s brother returned to Pattaya or his hometown he would be arrested; and all this cost me was five thousand baht under the table….grrrrh!

Manforallseasons
June 1st, 2021, 09:48
Eventually we ended up at the police station to file a report with the assurance of the Major on duty that if Jaep’s brother returned to Pattaya or his hometown he would be arrested; and all this cost me was five thousand baht under the table….grrrrh!

Hence?

Ruthrieston
June 1st, 2021, 09:58
My not so good memory is of the one time in my life that I was "queer bashed", not by a Thai but by the American Navy! Years ago the American Navy arrived in numbers in Pattaya while they were here doing joint exercises with the Thai Navy. I was coming back to my room in Cafe Royale from Star Boys in the company of a handsome muscly young gentleman, which then was on a small soi opposite Boyztown. As we were trying to cross Second Road I saw a group of American Navy boys gathered in front of Boyztown pointing down and shouting abuse. I held back, to let them walk on, but two of them saw us and did the same, so that when we did walk over they jumped out and knocked me to the ground and started kicking me in the head. Not good. Thankfully my muscular companion punched the nearest one down and then he shouted down the soi into Boyztown and all the boys, waiters and go go boys and doormen, came running and beat the s**t out of the American Navy boys. I let them go for a while and then asked them to stop, and they helped me back to Cafe Royale. I am forever grateful for the protection the boys gave me that night.

Dax
June 1st, 2021, 10:33
Sorry, to keep you hanging, Mfas. Nothing else happened, he was never seen again!

Dax
June 1st, 2021, 10:49
WOW, glad you made it out okay. This was common a few years ago but the US Navy has changed quite a bit from their Neanderthal ways and this would not be possible today. In all probability if Jaep was in the area he would have rushed to your aid, he was always partial to a good fight. Your mantra should be, always vigilant! Take care, Brother.

mr giggles
June 1st, 2021, 11:40
WOW, glad you made it out okay. This was common a few years ago but the US Navy has changed quite a bit from their Neanderthal ways ....

Indeed, a US Navy Ship has now been named for Harvey Milk, the slain Gay Rights Leader.

cdnmatt
June 1st, 2021, 12:02
I remember living in Malta, the entire town would heavily sigh and roll their eyes every time a US Navy ship showed up in port. The locals weren't exactly fans of the US Navy.

Dax
June 1st, 2021, 12:04
Yes, mr giggles, the times are a changing.........

StevieWonders
June 1st, 2021, 12:45
I remember living in Malta, the entire town would heavily sigh and roll their eyes every time a US Navy ship showed up in port. The locals weren't exactly fans of the US Navy.Are you still fluent in Maltese?

cdnmatt
June 1st, 2021, 13:14
Are you still fluent in Maltese?

Don't derail an otherwise perfectly good thread.

Oliver2
June 1st, 2021, 20:54
I've been trying all day to think of some bad times in Thailand so that I could contribute. I've failed; I can't think of a single day in twenty-five years that I'd rather have been home than there.
Ok; if I'm pushed, P and I had a disappointing few days in Krabi when it poured for four days.

cdnmatt
June 1st, 2021, 21:37
I can think of a few bad days... I remember having my house overtaken by about a dozen ladyboys for months (over a year I think actually), that was fun.

I remember waking up one morning, and going downstairs to let the dogs out. Went downstairs not only to find the dozen other people on the living room floor as usual, but there was also about an inch of water all over the floor. These idiots were shoving small thoothpaste tubes / shampoo bottles, q-tips, et ala down the drain of the bathrrom hence plugging it. To make it more exciting, they're all laying on the floor passed out, and the water is about one foot away from an electric power bar. Idiots.

Another memorably aspect of that period in life was we could never have anything nice, because Kim kept giving shit away. I had a French freind who lived down the street and him and his GF headed back to Europe, so I bought up his house full of stuff and moved it into mine. This means we had two of various things -- two fridges, two TVs, et al.

I'd wake up, and a fridge is gone. Ask Kim where the hell the fridge went, and just get a, "what?!?! I gave it to my Dad!" in an angry and confused tone as if I'm being the idiot. Woke up one morning, and down the stairs our spare bed is going. Well, that was nice of me to give that away.

Couldn't keep any food in that place either due to the ladyboys. You put something in the fridge, and it'd be gone within an hour or two. I actually ended up setting up a kitchen in my upstairs office. Bought a little bar fridge, induction heater, small shelving unit, woks / pans, dishes, even a toaster oeven, et al. That actually worked out well, because everyone knew my office was off limits.

Except for Kim's little brother, I made sure he knew he was allowed to raid my fridge and that there was almost always something good in there. I remember he liked my yellow chicken curry quite a bit. He enjoyed staying with us except for the fact there was never any food in the house, and Kim would sleep until 1pm every day, leaving him starving.

And for those wondering... yes, the sex was worth it, haha.

Manforallseasons
June 1st, 2021, 21:47
cdnmatt, I always suspected you were a moron the above post leaves any doubt.

cdnmatt
June 1st, 2021, 21:58
cdnmatt, I always suspected you were a moron the above post leaves any doubt.

I prefer to classify it as adventurous.

Nirish guy
June 2nd, 2021, 01:30
Anyway, one afternoon, out of the blue, Jaep’s younger brother appeared at our doorstep. ...... he was probably the most gorgeous Thai man I had ever met ,...... life was good, I was able to be around two beautiful hunks, watch them come out of the shower, lounging around shirtless e……….UNTIL, one afternoon Jaep decided to go fishing and I was left alone with his brother. !

DAMN, I thought that story was about to take a very different and very interesting, albeit VERY dangerous turn there for a second perhaps - just me wicked wicked mind it seems ! :-) lol

Dax
June 2nd, 2021, 02:14
Haha, my bad, Irish. Looking back, I guess my segue left a lot to be desired....Gomen nasai, Sir.

goji
June 2nd, 2021, 02:55
DAMN, I thought that story was about to take a very different and very interesting, albeit VERY dangerous turn there for a second perhaps - just me wicked wicked mind it seems ! :-) lol

Not just you. :)

Dax
June 2nd, 2021, 03:40
cdnmatt, you're much too kind. On memory #1 I would have shown the miscreants the door and never welcomed them back. I am a very mellow person, but sometimes Thais (everyone really) must be shown limits. In life, everyone, me, you, everyone must understand their limits and act accordingly. I’m not judging you, matt, you are who you are and really isn’t this what make the world go ‘round? I’ve read and enjoyed your posts for a long time but never commented; I think of you as a friend. How do I say this politely? Stop letting people walk all over you. I mean this with a warm heart, matt, you handle yourself quite ably on the board, why not start taking some of that same resiliency to your private life?

Now memory #2 if presented to me is a totally different situation. If Jaep ever did this to me, he too would have been shown the door-regardless of his prowess in the sheets! Sex lasts only minutes (pitifully) but respect lasts forever. But then too, Jaep would never do this, he was always respectful to me; however, he was not able to show the same love to himself. What it boils down to is, in every aspect of my life, I give you respect and I demand respect in return, period.

Peace, matt….life is way too short, we all change, evolve and guess what, we survive. And as Jaep so often said to me, you tink too much. Take care.

Mancs
June 2nd, 2021, 03:50
I'm struggling to find a bad day in 40 trips. There was the time I did a visa run to KL, forget to tell the banks I wanted to use my debit cards there in atm's. So I tried all of them and got no money out. I had just enough money to do whatever I was doing in KL. All of the banks then efficiently blocked the cards so I could get no money when I got back to Don Mueang either. I had 33 baht, which you will appreciate is not enough to get back to Silom. A very kind Malaysian man at the airport gave me 100 baht. And HSBC on Rama IV let me ring First Direct in the uk so then I had cash again.
Another time, just before the coup in 2014, when Rama IV had layers of barriers guarded by armed yellow shirt guys. There had been deaths and a lot of injuries in the fighting around yellow shirt road blocks. I arrived back from the airport in a taxi. In the boot was my big black suitcase wrapped in plastic. The yellow shirts, who looked to be hopping high on meths, with revolvers in waistbands, stopped the taxi on Rama IV and asked to see in the boot. They didn't like the look of the suitcase. My taxi driver was shaking with fear as we stood there talking to them. I wasn't scared (though maybe I should have been) as I knew some of the yellow shirts by sight and to nod to as I was always walking down Rama IV. We agreed to go off down a side road and all was well. Thai blokes are happy to attack tourists if we flip their switch, as I know from other occasions. One learns.

Dax
June 2nd, 2021, 04:16
You've done good, Oliver. Karma is always on the watch. Count your blessings.........

christianpfc
June 2nd, 2021, 22:50
Bad stories make better blogging material than good stories,
but fortunately bad memories fade quicker than good memories.
Here a list of things or money that has been stolen from me: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2017/04/dating-thai-boys-50-thieves.html
Strangely, from 2018 on my luck changed and I had not a single case of theft; on the contrary, boys brought gifts for me!

latintopxxx
June 3rd, 2021, 03:20
...arrived in BKK...made use of the mens at the airport...slight tingly feeling as i did my no.1.....must be the spicey food i had on the plane....totally tired but still went out for a beer....an hour or so later paid the loo a 2nd visit...tingly feeling was more like a slight burn...damn...arrived with a STD...knocked 5 days out of my 2 week holiday...

StevieWonders
June 3rd, 2021, 05:35
...arrived in BKK...made use of the mens at the airport...slight tingly feeling as i did my no.1.....must be the spicey food i had on the plane....totally tired but still went out for a beer....an hour or so later paid the loo a 2nd visit...tingly feeling was more like a slight burn...damn...arrived with a STD...knocked 5 days out of my 2 week holiday...Oh for the days of getting sucked off by the flight attendants in First Class.

gerefan2
June 3rd, 2021, 06:38
Oh for the days of getting sucked off by the flight attendants in First Class.

Confirmation Bias? Or just one of your wet dreams... to fly First Class?

StevieWonders
June 3rd, 2021, 08:06
Confirmation Bias? Or just one of your wet dreams... to fly First Class? I was referring to latinpox's previously posted boasts about flying around the world in pursuit of auditing food standards. Your assuming everything I post is about me - that really is Confirmation Bias (of your own prejudice? Or the Love That Dare Not Speak Its Name?)

gerefan2
June 3rd, 2021, 08:40
Oh for the days of getting sucked off by the flight attendants in First Class.

I was referring to latinpox's previously posted boasts about flying around the world in pursuit of auditing food standards.)

Of course, silly me. Neither event would ever apply to you.

StevieWonders
June 3rd, 2021, 09:03
Of course, silly me.We’ve established that conclusively over many recent posts. But there’s really no need for you to beat yourself up about it.

arsenal
June 3rd, 2021, 09:45
"We’ve"

Do you mean your good self, argosy, mrg and of course sglad? Is that the 'we' you're referring to?

Manforallseasons
June 3rd, 2021, 09:51
...arrived in BKK...made use of the mens at the airport...slight tingly feeling as i did my no.1.....must be the spicey food i had on the plane....totally tired but still went out for a beer....an hour or so later paid the loo a 2nd visit...tingly feeling was more like a slight burn...damn...arrived with a STD...knocked 5 days out of my 2 week holiday...

That’s the risk you bottoms take!

dinagam
June 3rd, 2021, 14:30
That’s the risk you bottoms take!

Once again MFAS has nailed it to the actual role and position favoured by Latin...

Mancs
June 4th, 2021, 03:48
I'm still trying to recall not so good memories. Let's see....attacked by a guy at Lumpini as the 2014 pre coup camp was ending, attacked by a man on Jomtien beach, attacked by a guy in Pattaya, managed to keep a tight grip on my wallet as a two up motorbike stopped in Pattaya with an 'I love you' and a hand reached for my wallet, foolishly left a wallet with 27,000 bt on the table while having a massage in Bangkok, agreed to meet a young man In Udon but his older sister cancelled, fell over in a bar in Bangkok and needed 3 stitches in thumb ( I was not drunk after one beer, the floor was slippery), nearly eaten by a pack of wild dogs in Jomtien, arrived at a smart hotel in Patong to find they had lost the booking, letting a Viet lad stay with me in Bangkok (no sex) who brought back 7 friends at 5.30am and put loud music on. The wonderful memories since 2011 make up for these laughable little incidents.

Dax
June 4th, 2021, 04:31
Mancs, if I were you, I would never leave my room.

christianpfc
June 4th, 2021, 21:43
One of my worst encounters was in 2013. Pictures on online dating soso, agreed to help him with 500 THB and to go to see him at his place. On the way to his place (only few km from mine) by taxi, heavy rain. Some error in location, had to call from taxi to get correct location (heavy rain, have to get as close as possible).

When he opened the door, not what I expected (i.e. I wouldn't have looked at him twice if I had seen him in the street). I should have aborted, but now that I made the effort to get to his room, and still raining, go in. We both undress, and after a few minutes listless (from both sides) foreplay, he asks me if I can set up my phone as a mobile WiFi hotspot so he can surf the internet via my mobile data. I should have dressed and got out (without giving him money), but mumbled something like "cannot" and continued.

A series of mistakes: soso picture (now ask for more pictures or videochat, has saved me many a disappointment), go to his place AND give him money (now it's EITHER OR), not my type when I see him (should have had a short and awkward chat without anything sexual and then said goodbye), but him asking for WiFi mobile hotspot is taking the piss!

Mancs
June 4th, 2021, 22:05
Mancs, if I were you, I would never leave my room.

You may be right. I forgot to include the time the Thai man in Patong put vaseline on the condom and it broke - but I got away with that.

Dax
June 5th, 2021, 03:38
Mancs, I repeat, stay at home - maybe take-up a good book instead, just saying.....

Mancs
June 5th, 2021, 05:29
But I have learned from all these little incidents. And they were from 40 plus trips to Thailand. I am only 69 years old, an auspicious age to get out there and play. Did I tell you about the time my friend was pickpocketed by 5 women in Huế, Vietnam...? I should have been quicker to realise that he didn't need 5 women to help him put on a rain mac. Be careful in Huế !

StevieWonders
June 5th, 2021, 05:48
But I have learned from all these little incidents. And they were from 40 plus trips to Thailand. I am only 69 years old, an auspicious age to get out there and play. Did I tell you about the time my friend was pickpocketed by 5 women in Huế, Vietnam...? I should have been quicker to realise that he didn't need 5 women to help him put on a rain mac. Be careful in Huế !A rain mac you say? I’m surprised Inspector Arsenal isn’t on the case.

Dax
June 5th, 2021, 06:21
Forty trips and counting! Of course, you're absolutely right; however,.no sense tempting the gods unnecessarily.

Mancs
June 6th, 2021, 03:03
Forty trips and counting! Of course, you're absolutely right; however,.no sense tempting the gods unnecessarily.

But the younger brother stole from you when you were in your room so even there isn't safe. Thank you for this warning. I must go out more in Thailand.